Mario Kart 8 Gaming League

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Alright guys,

are you ready,

let's do this.

We need to come up with a team for our Saturday games with other forums and websites. I don't think we need a set team necessarily, since some of us will be in and out from week to week, but that's up to how everyone feels.

We also need to practice so we don't get our asses kicked. How do you guys feel about doing a practice run today Friday? Let's hash something out. So @everyone, who wants to play today Friday as practice for tomorrow Saturday? We can figure out who's going to be in the team at that time as well, if we don't figure it out before.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
I'll be down for some practice

EDIT: Oh shit, wait, it's at night. Never mind then. I have to go pray at night so I'm going to have to sit out pretty much every online TNE game at night until like July 28th

Last edited:

nerdman

pig's gotta fly
I'll play. I won't be able to make it for practice, but I will be able to play tomorrow.

You guys should definitely test how teams work online. If it's randomly picked like in MK Wii, we are better off playing no teams and keep track of our points separately.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
We had some good matches tonight. Considering that I must have seen nerdman's back for a total of about 20 seconds total at the beginning of every match before he disappeared in a cloud of dust, and that Fried outright refused to yield his place to me no matter how violent and tricky I got, I think we have a solid base for this thing.

So anyway, who's playing tomorrow? Everybody who wants to play post in here to make sure you're in, otherwise it would end up being first come first served.

I know @nerdman and @LightsaberBlues are in. Who else? I'll fill the 6th spot if no one else takes it.

BobSilencieux

Well, i'm going out to work very soon. With any luck i'll be back in less than 12 hours (just after midnight here). I won't be able to see what plans you guys end up having, but i'll get online after work and see what's happening. Sure i could join late if you guys start at midnight...

Also, full disclosure: i'm not actually very good at Mario Kart. I'm sure i could be a good team player though, keeping the IGNers tied up in the chaos while one of us takes the wins.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
So apparently I forgot it's my friend's wedding today, and I was invited to the reception, and I promised him I'd be there, so I have to skip tonight's entertainment. :mfacepalm:

So apparently I forgot it's my friend's wedding today, and I was invited to the reception, and I promised him I'd be there, so I have to skip tonight's entertainment. :mfacepalm:
How do you forget something like that lol. Maybe next time SHoulder.

I'm up for tonight, my brother won't be home to sleep (Share a room with him). I believe it's 12AM my time tonight right?

Team Name = TNE Serious Helmets I guess.

TechnoHobbit

Ash nazg durbatulûk
So it looks like we have:
juegosmajicos
LightsaberBlues
nerdman
ASuch
Mr-Chris
For sure. And maybe bob, WolvenofGames, or @Majorbuddah.

Just a reminder it will start at 5PM PDT/8PM EDT (can't change it since everyone has been expecting this time for a week) and I'll keep it up for at least 2 hours. It will be held in a friends Lobby (my Mii is Nivlak), so if you aren't on my friends list already (everyone on the for sure list is already on there) make sure you send me a request.

The IGN team will consist of:
-OMEGA-
Jergingha
brownie89
Karkashan
JeanLucAwesome
TechnoHobbit
------------
Edit: LSB, do you know if you can put a frame like overlay while streaming on twitch? -OMEGA- wants to make one telling whose Mii is who.

Last edited:

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
How do you forget something like that lol. Maybe next time SHoulder.

I'm up for tonight, my brother won't be home to sleep (Share a room with him). I believe it's 12AM my time tonight right?

Team Name = TNE Serious Helmets I guess.
To be fair, I thought it was the 13th (tomorrow), and not the 12th (today). I deal with numbers all day at work, so keeping track sometimes can be difficult. :msleepy:

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
How do you guys feel about us not streaming this match through my Twitch channel, instead just heading over to Karkashan's twitch feed? The reason I suggest this is so we can all be on the same chat. And also because I'm feeling pretty lethargic about setting up the twitch channel and maybe doing commentary.

But if you guys think we should definitely stream our own feed, I'll do it.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
http://www.twitch.tv/karkashan123

^Link to my stream. Will start doing so in about 30 minutes (gotta eat first).

Couple things:

My stream will get pixelated. There is nothing I can do about this (this is the fastest internet connection available in my area).

I will not be commentating; I injured my throat in 2010 and it's uncomfortable to talk without heavily medicating before hand.

praisegrima