Mario Kart 8 Gets SpotPass Add for DLC

paleselan submitted a new blog post

Mario Kart 8 Gets SpotPass Add for DLC

In Nintendo's recent update, the company patched in a feature to the Wii U to send messages via SpotPass for gamers to see on the Gamepad. Nintendo did this when Mario Kart 8 first launched in order to gain awareness for the free game promotion that they were offering, and now the company is taking to SpotPass once again to grow awareness for the DLC coming to Mario Kart 8 later this year and the beginning of next year.

The GamePad ad worked! This marks the first time that I've...​

It's nice to see Nintendo take this route for DLC and also to see people overwhelmingly support it, but so far from people's views about this DLC it's less about getting more courses and karts and more about purchasing the pack just to play as Link. When I mention this on Nintendo Everything I get slandered and insulted. So it's now a crime to think Link looks off on a bike? Pit would've been a better choice; he has hands-on experience with vehicles. Now I wonder whether the courses, characters and karts can be used online. If not, guess there's little reason to purchase it.

It's nice to see Nintendo take this route for DLC and also to see people overwhelmingly support it, but so far from people's views about this DLC it's less about getting more courses and karts and more about purchasing the pack just to play as Link. When I mention this on Nintendo Everything I get slandered and insulted. So it's now a crime to think Link looks off on a bike? Pit would've been a better choice; he has hands-on experience with vehicles. Now I wonder whether the courses, characters and karts can be used online. If not, guess there's little reason to purchase it.
Oh, I'm sure that the courses and characters will work online. There would be no reason that they wouldn't. I'm purchasing it because... 16 new tracks!

I thought Link looked off on a bike, too. Pit would seem like a better choice, but I miss the ParaTroopa from Double Dash! Oh, well. I still got the preorder yesterday!