Mario Kart 8 Launch Party With TNE TV

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Hey Everyone,

I talked about this idea with Matt, and wanted to see what the rest of you thought. I was thinking we should throw a TNE TV party on Friday next week, right on Mario Kart 8's launch day. The idea is to get as many people as possible playing online during that time, and those who don't have the game can join the fun on Twitch. Again, the date would be on Friday the 30th, right on MK8's release.

What do you guys think? Who'd be down to play the game or hang out on Twitch that day?

Hey Everyone,

I talked about this idea with Matt, and wanted to see what the rest of you thought. I was thinking we should throw a TNE TV party on Friday next week, right on Mario Kart 8's launch day. The idea is to get as many people as possible playing online during that time, and those who don't have the game can join the fun on Twitch. Again, the date would be on Friday the 30th, right on MK8's release.

What do you guys think? Who'd be down to play the game or hang out on Twitch that day?
Mind if I post this up as news on the front page?

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
That's 7 players so far. We need at least 8 to honor the series properly.

@Goodtwin
@repomech
@imthesoldier
@TechnoHobbit
@Jacesonnall
@Koenig
@SirNintendo
@Menashe

And whoever else has played games with us before (and anyone who hasn't yet but wants to be in), where are you guys on this? I already know @Mike D. isn't getting it.
I'm working all day on Friday, and then I work again all day on Saturday that weekend, so as far as getting some online time, I doubt I'll have time to play. Not to mention I still have to either pre-order the game, or buy it after the fact. I'll likely be on the twitch feed if nothing else, but I cannot make promises.

That's 7 players so far. We need at least 8 to honor the series properly.

@Goodtwin
@repomech
@imthesoldier
@TechnoHobbit
@Jacesonnall
@Koenig
@SirNintendo
@Menashe

And whoever else has played games with us before (and anyone who hasn't yet but wants to be in), where are you guys on this? I already know @Mike D. isn't getting it.
Thanks for including me :( lol. I can play, I should get the game from Amazon on release I should've specified that in my earlier post.

ZyroXZ2

I MIGHT be able to, but most likely not. I'm actually working on something during the launch day of Mario Kart 8, but if I find some time, I can try to find you folks somehow, lol

I just had a thought @juegosmajicos, do we know how MK does voice chat? Is it through the tv like Monster Hunter so Twitch can hear everyone, or is it gonna be like CoD were Twitch can only hear you?

Also bumping my question about me having a spot Friday?

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
@CitizenOfVerona

We think we have a fix for the CoD problem that we will test this week. So either way on the audio hopefully we should be covered.

And surely you will have a spot. If not I say this now you can have mine old friend and I'll knock out some single player. And don't tell me no. I think as of right now tho we have 10 people.

@CitizenOfVerona

We think we have a fix for the CoD problem that we will test this week. So either way on the audio hopefully we should be covered.

And surely you will have a spot. If not I say this now you can have mine old friend and I'll knock out some single player. And don't tell me no. I think as of right now tho we have 10 people.
My answer is no.

That's why I'm asking. I don't want to knock off anyone that already got the spot. If there is 12 already, then so be it, I'll do something else while watching you guys. It's not fair if I took anyone's spot.

Truth is, all the Watch Dogs talk got me in the mood for an open world game, so perhaps I'll just look around the store and see what I can find on Wii U or something.

ASuch

The Salt Master
IMO, we should first get forums people in to the TNE party. We all know each other relatively more than the TNE commentators know their own genitals. I won't be in the whole night though, since I'll be alternating a bit with playing with my brother, playing with the Vesti, and playing with you guys

nerdman

pig's gotta fly
So the skinny karts definitely still have inward drift albeit a bit nerfed. This means that it doesn't matter if you have banana or shell, I'mma gonna getcha on dem turns.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Room for one more?

If not I won't pick it up on Friday. But if I can get a spot I'll buy it.

Get it on Friday. I don't know if you're the 11th or 12th person to get in, but if you can get it on Friday you're in for sure.

Also we did think that it would have the same problem as COD, like Matt said, and I got a cable to try a possible solution. But if the solution doesn't work then I can't think of anything else I could do besides going around Nintendo sucking dicks until somebody fixes the damn problem.

Wuh woh, hope nothing goes wrong here....

Also what time are we starting? Please don't tell me it's like 9pm because that's like 3am for me :mnerv:

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
^That is an excellent question. And what's the procedure for doing this? (This would be my first time playing Wii U with the TNE crew)

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
^That is an excellent question. And what's the procedure for doing this? (This would be my first time playing Wii U with the TNE crew)
@Mr-Chris actually it will be 2am your time lol cause were starting at 8CST PM. Do not fret tho plenty of people will he playing during the days.

Now Sjm what we usually do is one of us host a room. It's normally myself for the reason of my internet connection is solid and able to host without dropping 99% of the time (a lighting storm being the 1%).

So what we will do Friday night is everyone knows what time were playing. We will meet up here and I'll let y'all know when I got a room made so that y'all can join.

Oh. I see how it is. Guys if you don't want your butt's whooped all you had to do was say and not use time zones as an excuse.

Seriously though would it kill ya to put it back 2 hours? Or I suppose Juegs is working then or w/e aahhh I dunno I'm just mad at time zones really. *sulks*

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Like I said Chris this will be a game that many of us can play during the day. So we will get to see them lol butt kicking skillz

Like I said Chris this will be a game that many of us can play during the day. So we will get to see them lol butt kicking skillz
True, but I won't be there for the first ever TNE race. I'm just deeply saddened is all :( *Shakes fist at earth*. I'd stay up late to play but, y'know, family and shiz. I'll just go cry somewhere...........unless the amazing man known as Juegs wants to be a very kind soul and change the time? Juegs is just such an amazing person y'know, he's really amazing. I think the guy is better than Jesus personally. Did I mention how amazing Juegs is? I mean, wow, that guy man!

I'll stop now :p

True, but I won't be there for the first ever TNE race. I'm just deeply saddened is all :( *Shakes fist at earth*. I'd stay up late to play but, y'know, family and shiz. I'll just go cry somewhere...........unless the amazing man known as Juegs wants to be a very kind soul and change the time? Juegs is just such an amazing person y'know, he's really amazing. I think the guy is better than Jesus personally. Did I mention how amazing Juegs is? I mean, wow, that guy man!

I'll stop now :p
Is it possible to take a nap and wake up at 2 or something?