Mario Kart 8 Launch Party With TNE TV

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Just tried looking for people online, didn't see a single soul in the group :( So I just played against people across different countries since I couldn't find people who added me.
I haven't added you yet cause I haven't been home. It won't be for another few hours I add you. Please be patient young pad won. :msilly:

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Ignore this. The unlock system is random.
I was about to say you needed to finish every 150cc cup with gold, cause that's when I unlocked it.

So far I don't feel like any of these unlockable characters are worth unlocking at all. I'm still waiting for Ludwig to unlock, though.

And does anyone know if Dry-Bones is in this game? He'd be my main man if he is. Otherwise I'm sticking with Yoshi.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Guess who just picked up that pre-order!

But I won't even get the chance to pop it in until tonight when we roll for real.

*plays epic badass music*

AND NOW LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FOR YOU MAIN EVENT!!!! *cheers and roars*

AND NOW ENTERING THE ARENA YOU KNOW HIM!!! HES COME TO DO BIG WORK!! PLEASE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN EQUIP YOUR SERIOUS HELMET NOW:msrs::msrs::msrs:

ITS YA BOY MATTTTTTTTAVELLLLLLLLE!!!!

the_randomizer

I haven't added you yet cause I haven't been home. It won't be for another few hours I add you. Please be patient young pad won. :msilly:
Then maybe I'm missing something, when I go to Friends in the MK 8 Online Mode, I see the list of people who are friends, but then what? Send a message, go click on "Start Game"? Clearly I'm missing something here as I can't join any games unless it's random people. I create a room, nothing. The way you join friends is convoluted and confusing...it's unclear to me. What's the process in joining people I know?

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
Waste of slots imo: Baby Daisy, Baby Rosalina, Metal Mario, Pink Gold Peach

Who shoulda been in: Bowser Jr, Diddy Kong, Dry Bones, hell even Funky Kong and ROB.
...no...just no...while I'd have liked Dry Bones, I can't STAND the other ones...and, therefore, as a mod, I have to take action...

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I'm going to jump in shortly to see who's online, but I won't start broadcasting until about 8PM CST. But if anyone's around to play now I'll probably start in about 10 mins.

the_randomizer

Bugger, guess I'll never be able to join up with friends online, from the looks of it anyways. Did I ask the wrong questions about how to actually join a match with friends? I mean so far, I've had rotten luck, all I've gotten were random matches with random people and not people I know. This is FAR more annoying than it should be.

Edit: I never can seem to collab with people, and when they do, I'm busy with something else and/or gone. Rotten luck.

I swear you just join a room a friend has made, that's how it worked in MKWii anyway. Someone help randomizer out.

Looks like I won't catch the stream, but Juegs I ask of you to save it! I'll watch it at a later point.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Bugger, guess I'll never be able to join up with friends online, from the looks of it anyways. Did I ask the wrong questions about how to actually join a match with friends? I mean so far, I've had rotten luck, all I've gotten were random matches with random people and not people I know. This is FAR more annoying than it should be.

Edit: I never can seem to collab with people, and when they do, I'm busy with something else and/or gone. Rotten luck.
From what I understand, you go to "Online - 1 player", then "Friends", then from your list of friends you can see who's currently in a room or race. I believe the ones in a room or race have a little flag icon next to their name. You select them, and there's an option to join their game.

I'm creating a room right now, anyone who wants to start playing please join me. I won't start broadcasting yet, I'll wait until 8PM CST or so.

running_in_jam

Videogame Sound Designer and Composer
Nice to get a few races in with you @juegosmajicos :) it's late here and everyone else is asleep so I had to call it there unfortunately (and turn off voice chat). Out of curiosity is the voice chat only in the lobby or is it in-game as well?

I'm not a fan of how it uses your personal name. So instead of CitizenOfVerona, it's Ryan. I don't know who anyone is :(

Also noticing weird visual lag (?). I see Jueg get a box, but the box is still there. Or he's on one path and then suddenly teleport to another. Weird

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I've actually never used Skype before.... Though I may start now when I get my MK8.... Menashe was awesome enough to send it off to me today.... I can't wait to participate....

Downloaded the game and got a little taste during lunch but not gonna be able to really jump into the game until tomorrow afternoon. My Wii U is just sitting there w/ MK8 taunting me.

terribledeli

isn't using that sucky pickaxe
It punted me earlier. Which is okay because I'm almost certain my gamepad needs to be recharged.

I tried to switch to the pro controller, but it wouldn't respond.