Mario Kart 8 Launch Party With TNE TV

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
MAN HUGE SUCCESS THIS WAS TO KICK THINGS OFF!!!

Great work to all y'all who partisapted and were involved in getting everything up and running, I applaud you TNE Community!!!

That's it's for me, was nice to get my feet wet coming in totally raw. I have no complaints about the online (except for the disconnects which for me are very strange).

Other than that tho can't wait to do it again!!!

the_randomizer

From what I understand, you go to "Online - 1 player", then "Friends", then from your list of friends you can see who's currently in a room or race. I believe the ones in a room or race have a little flag icon next to their name. You select them, and there's an option to join their game.

I'm creating a room right now, anyone who wants to start playing please join me. I won't start broadcasting yet, I'll wait until 8PM CST or so.
Sorry, was out with the fam for the past while, didn't see this till now, but my roommates did some unlocking for me while I was gone lol, I'll try it again, but I swear I never saw the little flag next to their names... Bollocks, I never seem to be online when everyone else is.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
what control are people using? thinking of getting a pro controller. for some reason I am not finding the Pad comfortable.
I was on the gamepad traditional Bobby D. And didn't mind it. Tomorrow when I dig into the single player I'll be trying all different types. I'm sure one of them will sing to me.

nerdman

pig's gotta fly
I could barely stay on. If you get DC'd, you lose all your points. I don't think my internets can handle this game. I will have to play from a friend's house, which will limit the frequency I can play with you guys.

I still had fun for little I did managed to stay on.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
nah, we got a pretty even split of skill among us
That damn Canadian is pretty godly though. Sad I couldnt stay for much longer, had to drive the peeps upstairs.
That's just off one night aswell I get that too. But right out the gate CoV, Jueg and yourself is what we have to catch up too.

I do love the driving skills being King here. I had some great driving matches after you left. And right at the end on 2 of the @juegosmajicos had been eating my rear bumper off. And one wrong move in driving and he capitalized in them lapses both time with just pure driving skill. And I applause that

Wow, I woke up this morning at 12:40, that's the latest I ever slept in years.

I guess winning all those gold trophies just took a lot out of me.

In all seriousness, it was probably opening night luck. Next time we play I'll probably do shit

repomech

resident remnant robot relic
Sorry I missed this. Needed a night of local, and we had a blast. Sounds like you all did too. Every cup eventually turned into Toad vs Toadette battles on our end, lol. We had to ban the Toads for a while to encourage rider variety and competitiveness.

the_randomizer

I so freaking give up, my wireless sucks monkey balls. Every time I join a friend's game, I drop out either after one match, half way through the spectator mode, or before it selects the course. This is beyond infuriating that I can't even get on a single game, I mean, why have online if the damned thing keeps dropping? The only route now would be for me to get a USB Ethernet adapter and plug it into the router, which is less than ten feet from the Wii U. Sorry, I just you know, expected to actually join matches, not be forcibly dropped from them. So much for online gaming with friends :(

Guess I'm just doomed to never being able to do it. When it does work, it works fine, but 90% of the time, it drops like no tomorrow :(

I so freaking give up, my wireless sucks monkey balls. Every time I join a friend's game, I drop out either after one match, half way through the spectator mode, or before it selects the course. This is beyond infuriating that I can't even get on a single game, I mean, why have online if the damned thing keeps dropping? The only route now would be for me to get a USB Ethernet adapter and plug it into the router, which is less than ten feet from the Wii U. Sorry, I just you know, expected to actually join matches, not be forcibly dropped from them. So much for online gaming with friends :(

Guess I'm just doomed to never being able to do it. When it does work, it works fine, but 90% of the time, it drops like no tomorrow :(
Aww man that effin blows. Does this happen with other online games? Does your Wii U have trouble connecting to the friend's list, miiverse, etc? Maybe try this or something: http://www.gengame.net/2012/11/if-y...rnet-you-may-need-to-enter-settings-manually/

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Man I'm alittle salty right now. My oldest son has all the courses unlocked in 50cc and many of the unlockable racers.

I still have only played it with y'all last night. :mfacepalm:

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
@nerdman

I'm sitting here watching him play now. And I haven't thought of this before, but he always picks bikes.

I just asked him if he has used a kart yet. His reply

"No dad why would I do that? All the racers like to ride the bikes the best!"

:mfacepalm: WHAT KINDA BOY HAVE I RASIED!?!:mcry:

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
I'm sitting here watching him play now. And I haven't thought of this before, but he always picks bikes.

I just asked him if he has used a kart yet. His reply

"No dad why would I do that? All the racers like to ride the bikes the best!"

:mfacepalm: WHAT KINDA BOY HAVE I RASIED!?!:mcry:
Fix him, Matt! Make him a Kart lover, like every other GOOD Mario Kart fan *cough*not nerdman*cough*

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Fix him, Matt! Make him a Kart lover, like every other GOOD Mario Kart fan *cough*not nerdman*cough*
I will try. Tho I have a policy for my boys to let them be there own person and not try and change them but encourage them in there uniqueness.

Tho this one is hard cause I want him to have the passion for the karts aswell.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
I will try. Tho I have a policy for my boys to let them be there own person and not try and change them but encourage them in there uniqueness.

Tho this one is hard cause I want him to have the passion for the karts aswell.
Listen to yourself, Matt. If you want to make him a kart lover, you gotta force him. Make him smell karts, lick karts, hug karts, sleep in karts, anything possible with karts. It's the only way...the right way

nerdman

pig's gotta fly
Guys. Peach explains this kart vs bike situation very well. When she drives a kart, she puts on her dress.

That pretty much sums it up guys.

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
You gotta love Nintendo. This game is pretty freaking amazing, I am loving it so far and I also love it that I got 3 free games along with it, NSMBU, Swords and Soldiers HD and A Link to the Past. Lucky Europeans, you guys get the better game deal >.<

Koenig

The Architect
I was having connection problems with Mario Kart tonight, so I may or may not have played some CoD...

Is anyone else having connection problems tonight?

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I was having connection problems with Mario Kart tonight, so I may or may not have played some CoD...

Is anyone else having connection problems tonight?
I'm all offline tonight Koenig so I don't know. But last night I got disconnected twice, you and I know that....that is super rare for me.