Marry the Kill - 2016 Game Completion Thread

Well, after years and years of on and off playing and numerous resets, I finally beat Final Fantasy 8 tonight. I love this one so much.

And hey, it now takes two hands for me to finally count all the FF games I beat.

edit: I do love the story and how weird it can be, but I wish some plot threads could have been a bit more fleshed out. This is what I love about FF. They start out pretty standard, then by the end you can be fighting a sorceress from the future during a time compression, or a man who combined with the blood of a planet. It's just so outrageous I love it, same with the moves/limit breaks and what characters can do.

Last edited:
Gonna call it here for Pokemon Moon, as I dont see myself stamping out the game with the Battle Tree in my way.

First time I completed a regional dex, quite a journey.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Just a general announcement:

Double check your list before the 1st and make sure it's accurate. If not, put a message in this thread and I'll make sure to fix it.

If you have footage of one of the games you completed that you'd like to have in the end-of-year montage video I'm planning, send me a link in the thread so I can include it. Deadline for this is the 7th of January.

praisegrima

Drop in Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE for me, I have a cleared file but I went back and was gonna call it after unlocking and crafting all the weapons and sidequests. Game is a bit of a pain to play now due to my Wii U sticks both malfunctioning so I wont be doing that anytime soon.

I'm not sure if I can call Pocket Card Jockey as completed, I've gone through the game multiple times but I never got an ending? I suspect I need to win all the cups before that happens. I'm holding off on this for now. Quite disappointed in myself for starting and not finishing a lot of games this year. Notably Fire Emblem Fates and Star Fox Zero. I've got a lot of RPGs to juggle now as well. I'll see what I can pull off these last few days, but no way am I catching up to CoV's numbers, goddamn.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
I'm not sure if I can call Pocket Card Jockey as completed, I've gone through the game multiple times but I never got an ending? I suspect I need to win all the cups before that happens.
Did some reading and it looks like while there is no traditional "end", you do see the credits after beating all the G1 races.

Ah, well how about adding it onto Fear?

So FEAR + Extraction Point
I guess I had forgotten that you had played FEAR already this year or I would've done that automatically. Woops.

praisegrima

Did some reading and it looks like while there is no traditional "end", you do see the credits after beating all the G1 races.

I guess I had forgotten that you had played FEAR already this year or I would've done that automatically. Woops.

praisegrima
guess I havent quite done that yet

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
FINAL FANTASY XV_20161218221658.mp4_snapshot_14.23_[2016.12.20_16.32.19].png
Welp, beat the story in Final Fantasy XV. Still got some stuff I want to finish up, but at the very least I can mark this game down as 'complete' in my book.

praisegrima

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
What's your thoughts? Should I still pick it up after Christmas?
I thought it was a very fun game from start to finish. What I really like is all the choices it gives you. If you wanna level slow and normal, you can, but you can also farm for certain items to get insane amounts of EXP to level up even faster (and then by spending money at certain hotels you can double or even triple the amount of exp that's applied to your levels). If you wanna do all the monster hunts, you can, but you can also ignore them. You can run around on foot, in your car, or astride a chocobo.

tl;dr It's good.

praisegrima

I thought it was a very fun game from start to finish. What I really like is all the choices it gives you. If you wanna level slow and normal, you can, but you can also farm for certain items to get insane amounts of EXP to level up even faster (and then by spending money at certain hotels you can double or even triple the amount of exp that's applied to your levels). If you wanna do all the monster hunts, you can, but you can also ignore them. You can run around on foot, in your car, or astride a chocobo.

tl;dr It's good.

praisegrima
Thanks, I guess it's still on track to be my vacation game.

Probably finished up the last game of the year. Maybe I got one more "quick" game left in me but once I get back from visiting the folks and all that next week I plan on getting FF XV.

Anyways, Shadow Complex: Remastered. It was pretty damn good despite a bit of a rocky start.

Also, I know this don't count since it's only a demo, but Nier: Automata was pretty enjoyable. I don't know if it'll be the next Bayonetta 2, it's hard to tell from a half hour of game time, but the boss was pretty spectacular in the Platinum way. I'll be keeping my eye on it for sure.

SkywardCrowbar

Twintelle's loyal Husbando
I finally completed all game modes in Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival. There's no credits roll, but I have unlocked and played everything in the game.

4.5/10. A lackluster, obvious cash cow for the Amiibo and Animal Crossing crazes. Some decent moments drowned in a mire of shovelware BS.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
I beat Pokemon Moon a little while back

All I can say is thank God they changed things up this time around. The little annoyances from the older games, like HMs and overall character movement, are gone. The formula was changed up a little bit and it was actually kind of challenging at times. Never blacked out in a Pokemon game till now. Easily my favorite in the franchise. My only real gripe with the game is that there are WAY too many cutscenes and dialogue interrupting the main game. Had it not been for that, I think this game would've been my GOTY

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
I beat Pokemon Moon a little while back

All I can say is thank God they changed things up this time around. The little annoyances from the older games, like HMs and overall character movement, are gone. The formula was changed up a little bit and it was actually kind of challenging at times. Never blacked out in a Pokemon game till now. Easily my favorite in the franchise. My only real gripe with the game is that there are WAY too many cutscenes and dialogue interrupting the main game. Had it not been for that, I think this game would've been my GOTY
Agreed, best Pokemon game I've played yet. Am actually taking the time to round out my Pokedex. So far I have 275 out of 300 (already have all 6 Legendary). Everything in this game was an improvement. And honestly, I liked the cut scenes and dialogue. For me, it added depth and immersion into the game.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
Agreed, best Pokemon game I've played yet. Am actually taking the time to round out my Pokedex. So far I have 275 out of 300 (already have all 6 Legendary). Everything in this game was an improvement. And honestly, I liked the cut scenes and dialogue. For me, it added depth and immersion into the game.
Ahh...so that's why the Pokedex seemed smaller. They didn't include all of the previous Pokemon. So you're almost done then?

My main issue with the cut scenes and dialogue was that there was too much of them. Had they been more spaced out, I wouldn't have had a problem

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
Ahh...so that's why the Pokedex seemed smaller. They didn't include all of the previous Pokemon. So you're almost done then?

My main issue with the cut scenes and dialogue was that there was too much of them. Had they been more spaced out, I wouldn't have had a problem
Yep, almost done. Steve2 completed his Alola pokedex a few weeks ago. Then, in January or sometime around then, they'll open the game up to bring your Pokebank Pokémon over.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Well, at this point I don't think it's even physically possible for anyone to catch up, so a heartfelt congratulations to @CitizenOfVerona for completing the most games this year out of all the participants.

Random bits of data, like games that were beaten the most, etc. etc. will be posted in this thread over the next couple of weeks, and then a montage of the games we all completed will be thrown together sometime after the 7th.

I just wanna thank everyone for participating in this thread of mine this year, as it was pretty fun to put all this info together and I got to read some interesting conversations about the games we beat. May next year be even better on that front.

~sincerely with Grima in her heart~

-Karkashan-

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Well, at this point I don't think it's even physically possible for anyone to catch up, so a heartfelt congratulations to @CitizenOfVerona for completing the most games this year out of all the participants.

Random bits of data, like games that were beaten the most, etc. etc. will be posted in this thread over the next couple of weeks, and then a montage of the games we all completed will be thrown together sometime after the 7th.

I just wanna thank everyone for participating in this thread of mine this year, as it was pretty fun to put all this info together and I got to read some interesting conversations about the games we beat. May next year be even better on that front.

~sincerely with Grima in her heart~

-Karkashan-
I speak for myself but hopefully everyone here shares the same sentiments as me. Thank you for your commitment to this thread for a year. It has been awesome all around and a true cornerstone that was always made fresh by those beating games.

If you wanna do another thread next year Kark as far as I'm concerned you have rights over the "what games have you beaten this year" thread.

Thank you again and you have done an excellent job with this and TNE is better for havin it. :mlove:

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Good on you, Matt. Is it so he can transfer his Pokemon to Sun and Moon?
Yes it is. He has played and destroyed platinum, alpha sapphire, Y and now he got Sun for Christmas.

He wanted to make sure he could transfer Pokémon to Sun because he felt like he had so much time catching pretty much all the legendarys from those games. At the least he wanted to sort his Pokémon or look at them all in his poke bank.