Metroid Prime Trilogy REPLAY

Aki

3-5 years have passed since I last replayed the Trilogy and now with some free time around the holiday season, I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to get my Metroid fix. I'll be playing it on Wii w/ the superior controls through component cables on a CRT TV. I've already played it some and can confirm that the game looks and plays AMAZING!!! I will keep this thread updated as I journey through the games. I encourage other users to share some of their fondest memories of playing Metroid Prime wether it be on Wii or GCN like I did for the very first time.

Last edited:

Aki

Day 1: I played the intro which I really like. You get a taste of the good life, Samus at full power, even if for a tiny bit before having all of your powers stripped from you after defeating the Parasite Queen and escaping the self-destruct sequence to stumble upon your ship and make an emergency landing on Tallon IV. One of my fondest memories playing this game comes from the very first world you reach. Walking through the lush greenery of Tallon IV and underneath a waterfall for the first time is breathtaking. Your visor fogs up and there are water drops left over. The level of immersion at the time that I first played this game was amazing. BTW this is all happening to one of the best soundtracks playing in the background. Finally, I made it to the game's first official boss; Hive Mecha. It's the one you have to shoot at its core after you've killed the War Wasps that it releases. After defeating him, I called it quits and saved the game.

Aki

Day 2: After defeating the Hive Mecha, I got my first upgrade; the missiles. I also got my second upgrade. This time it was an energy tank. Defeated the Plated Beetle for the Morph Ball. Scanned the 4 Chozo symbols for the Charge Beam as well. Now I can finally kill those pesky Eyeons and suck up out of reach health orbs and missile ammo. I also defeated the Liberator Drone and got the Morph Bomb Ball. I'm about to tackle the Sunchamber and take on Flaahgra, the Scyther looking thing with the solar panels. Welp, just died on my first attempt. Will try again next time I play.

Goodtwin

@Aki you really like GCN controls more than Wii IR controls? I found the IR controls to be so much better that it made the games easier. More intuitive for me, and after playing Prime 3 with them, I was hooked, and would never go back.

Aki

@Aki you really like GCN controls more than Wii IR controls? I found the IR controls to be so much better that it made the games easier. More intuitive for me, and after playing Prime 3 with them, I was hooked, and would never go back.
No, I don't. I just realized what I typed after you pointed it out. Wii IR controls are vastly superior.

Goodtwin

CRT gives awesome image quality. Its funny that it took so long for people to admit that fixed pixel displays just aren't as good, and it takes a very high pixel count to get image quality that competes with a lower res CRT.

Aki

CRT gives awesome image quality. Its funny that it took so long for people to admit that fixed pixel displays just aren't as good, and it takes a very high pixel count to get image quality that competes with a lower res CRT.
Ya, CRT is good for the things designed for it. However, Wii through hdmi with an adapter plus an M Cable on a smaller 24in screen that's properly calibrated looks almost as nice. Which is impressive af. You can also use the m cable with a Wii U and play Wii games like that to achieve a similar result. It's funny that the Wii became one of my favorite consoles because aside from the first month with it, I didn't really play it at all the first few years I had it. Then I picked it up again around 2010 and started with Super Mario Galaxy and worked my way from there and the rest was gravy with Davis.

Aki

Day 4: I didn't play the game much today, but still managed to make some progress. I just made it to Magmoor Caverns on my previous playthrough, however, I didn't spend much time there. Got a missile upgrade, an energy tank and scanned some new entries for my creature log. Once all that was accomplished, I took the lift to Phendrana Drifts and saved my game.