**Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Discussion**

repomech

resident remnant robot relic
Ouch, so that's what that meant. That sounds awful. Hopefully I didn't land one of those, because I'm not willing to start all over.
How many hours so far? It's a shame as the way charm tables have worked in past games (including Tri and Portable 3rd) is that everytime you exit and restart a game session you are assigned a new table. So your character would cycle through all of them randomly. That makes perfect sense. I have no idea why it was changed for MH3U, but apparently it was.

EthanGK

The blunder from down under
Just captured Arzuros, boy he had low health. Hopefully there are some stronger versions of him in the online mode, because he was pretty weak, but has a really cool design.So much for being herbivorous though, during the fight (not sure if he really got that much of a fight :p ) we got caught up in a herd of Aptonoth and he seemed to have no problem taking huge chunks out of them. If I get the chance to play tomorrow I'll meet my Shakalaka pal right after I finish up a couple of the other quests that I skipped (goldenfish, delex monster guts). Going GS this time around, I practiced a little bit of GS on Tri, but that was only a little bit and a long time ago, so I was a little dodgy with it at first but am now doing pretty well. Can't wait to start lopping off some tails, GS is great for that, but Great Jaggi and Arzuros have tails that can't be severed. Arzuros' lame tail would look pretty funny severed. Throw the supplied sonic bombs at it for freebie carves.
Also, one thing that would annoy me if I didn't know and feel should be passed on to those new to MH, in those weird changing camera angle shots when you finish a quest, you can just press + (the start button thing) to get it to cut that out so you can carve that baby up. I'm glad I got to play a bit today, as I don't see me getting much time for it in the near future, even though I'll wanna get online and work on that HR, I won't be able to very often unfortunately, so mine will probably be pretty low for some time to come.
As for the game in general, it's looking really nice. The changes are beautiful and I had some fun checking out the hidden things in the background with the binoculars in HD :)

repomech

A quick note on all this charm table talk for newer players who aren't looking to completely and obsessively geek
out on the highest level armor, this is not that big a deal, it doesn't
impact the ability to slay any and every monster, and enjoy the game.

So it seems the international community has either been blocked from the Japanese fish table method of verifying which charm table you are on, or we have crashed the server that hosted it. I can't get it to work, and no one else seems to be able to either. I'm torn, I have just shy of 20 hours sunk into a character right now and I really don't want to restart, but after reviewing more information on the charm tables, I'd like to at least verify which one I am in as the so-called cursed ones would be totally unacceptable in the long run. Tables 1, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 10 look like the best (10 is probably getting a bit overrated because of one specific charm, the handicraft +5/ free element +7 charm, and the odds of landing that specific charm are low). I hope to hell the development team gets back to cycling charm tables and this never happens again.

EthanGK

Exactly, just because a charm is on your table, doesn't mean that you'll ever get it. Also, if you didn't know about this whole thing, you'd never notice. You just use the best charm that you've got while keeping a lookout for more, that's kinda how it works, no matter which table you get. If you want to make sure that there will definitely be some particular ones in the mix, then pick one and follow the steps to getting it, if you don't know/don't care, just start your game and you'll never have to think of it again. :) That was the intention of the charms tables, so it's not a big deal if that's how it stays. I used the method because I hadn't started a game yet, and I thought that I might as well. There are loads of charms and loads of good ones, so no biggy. As for table 10, repomech, it's not overrated, it just has some useful ones in there, as do all the others to some extent. It just depends on what kind of stuff you want, none of them can really be overrated when it comes to this stuff.

repomech

By overrated I simply meant that it is being widely referred to as "the best" without qualification, and as you mention it is dependent on what type of set for what weapon you are trying to build. If you want to awaken the element in a Brachydios weapon table 10 is definitely the best. Otherwise other tables might be more suited to specific aims. My problem right now is that this doesn't impact only charms, the bug in two of the tables means they will not generate rustshards at all which will impact the ability to forge a small number of specific pieces of equipment. I would prefer to at least verify I am not in one of those two tables.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I'm so glad to be getting info on these charm tables, though I honestly won't be changing anything in my game because of hearing about them, I never even knew about this charm table stuff until now, so thanks for the info guys....

repomech

I've often wondered if some of my tendencies in life have an obsessive compulsive hue to them. At the end of the day all of these types of behaviour complexes seem to exist on a spectrum with many of them present in most of us to some degree. Arguably a personality is little more than a matrix of overlapping disorders and drives. But if I ever had any doubts, I think the fact that I just deleted 19 hours worth of gameplay to restart my character on charm Table 1 should give me some indication of where I stand at times. Oh well. It was an enjoyable 19 hours and will be again!

Defeated the royal ludroth this morning. I guess that is some decent progress. I'm using the sword and shield and I like it cause I'm fast and able to get away from hits that would have screwed me over in the past but I never block at all which makes me feel like I'm wasting this class. I find no point to blocking when the enemies are so big and they will mow me down so I just want to hit fast and get out of there and dodge.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
Defeated the royal ludroth this morning. I guess that is some decent progress. I'm using the sword and shield and I like it cause I'm fast and able to get away from hits that would have screwed me over in the past but I never block at all which makes me feel like I'm wasting this class. I find no point to blocking when the enemies are so big and they will mow me down so I just want to hit fast and get out of there and dodge.

You should try out long sword Riku, you might like it as instead of the block button blocking it adds an extra attack to your arsenal....

You should try out long sword Riku, you might like it as instead of the block button blocking it adds an extra attack to your arsenal....
My strikes always missed when I tried on the demo. Its so precise that it is inaccurate for me.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Yeah the longsword requires a lot of precision, but it's totally worth learning in my opinion. Plus, it has that one attack that you can chain into any combo and that allows you move sideways or backwards, and has a wide range. So, if you feel like you're wasting the shield in the SnS, you could try learning the longsword to get more and more hits in with some practice.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I'm about twenty hours in, been farming 2 star quests for items to make some new armor....

I think I'm gonna rock the Azu bear thing armor....

I just like the way it looks, and it should get me through the 3 star quests without issue....

I keep waiting to jump online until after I finish the single player quests and storyline, but I'm getting impatient....

I'm wanting to try playing online today.... X_X

EthanGK

By overrated I simply meant that it is being widely referred to as "the best" without qualification, and as you mention it is dependent on what type of set for what weapon you are trying to build. If you want to awaken the element in a Brachydios weapon table 10 is definitely the best. Otherwise other tables might be more suited to specific aims. My problem right now is that this doesn't impact only charms, the bug in two of the tables means they will not generate rustshards at all which will impact the ability to forge a small number of specific pieces of equipment. I would prefer to at least verify I am not in one of those two tables.

People are calling it the best? That's dumb, there's not really ever any kind of "the best" in this game, but yeah, I can see what you mean though :) Yeah, the rustshard stuff is ridiculous. I hope Capcom attempts to fix it in some way, because it just seems unfair, especially since the people that are missing out most likely don't even know why they can't get any of these things!
I've often wondered if some of my tendencies in life have an obsessive compulsive hue to them. At the end of the day all of these behaviour complex types seem to exist on a spectrum with many of them present in most of us to some degree. Arguably a personality is little more than a matrix of overlapping disorders and drives. But if I ever had any doubts, I think the fact that I just deleted 19 hours worth of gameplay to restart my character on charm Table 1 should give me some indication of where I stand at times. Oh well. It was an enjoyable 19 hours and will be again!

Oh God, dude no! Why delete? D: There are multiple save files!

It definitely takes a while to get used to the weapon system. If this is how you feel, I recommend using Dual Swords at least until you get the hang of the game more. After that, you can test the waters with the other weapons. So you can use the SA to its full capacity? That's good, I'd definitely say it's the easiest of the big weapons, but it probably means that you'd be able to give the GS a go soon, too. There is no best weapon in MH, only what's best for you. So try some things out as you go, you might find the perfect weapon. So long as you learn to use your specific weapon to its full capacity, you'll easy find yourself being a master monster hunter in no time :)

I'm about twenty hours in, been farming 2 star quests for items to make some new armor....

I think I'm gonna rock the Azu bear thing armor....

I just like the way it looks, and it should get me through the 3 star quests without issue....

I keep waiting to jump online until after I finish the single player quests and storyline, but I'm getting impatient....

I'm wanting to try playing online today.... X_X
I haven't been online yet, but if it's like Tri, you can jump in at any time. It starts out very slow like the storyline, but just escalates faster, so you'll know when you need to duck out and do more single player.That's assuming it's similar to Tri's online, I've heard there are differences.

The one quarrel I've had with MH3U so far is where have the subquests gone? It feels a little too straightforward without them at times, I miss them :( Do they come in at any point?

I've beat the Great Jaggi and I had to call it quits because of a storm. Will capture Azuros or whatever it's called hopefully tomorrow. I have no time to play this game and that bugs the Hell out of me. I must play more! MORE!

EthanGK

I love the Qurupeco, so quirky. Its little dances and the way its tail spreads and flashes its colour. It's only beautiful until you completely smash its beak though :> There's something satisfying about whacking it so hard in its big red sack when it tries to call a friend and stopping it midway :p
If you really don't want two big monsters in the area at once (as the Qurupeco can call a multitude of big monsters, heck in later quests it can call absolutely terrifying things like Deviljho) make sure you keep sonic bombs and dung bombs. Throw a dung bomb at the monster that you want to get rid of (they smell it on themselves and leave the area, likely to check their underwear) or quickly throw a sonic bomb when he does the dance that shows that he's gonna call a buddy.
Also, breaking its beak makes it take about twice as long to finish its sounds, so that helps you stop it, too :)

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Throw a dung bomb at the monster that you want to get rid of (they smell it on themselves and leave the area, likely to check their underwear)
LOL
Another good use for dung bombs, if I recall, is to stop enemies when they're doing those grab attacks, like the Rathalos stomping you or the bear thing shaking you.
I've played single player up to the point right before Ceadeus now. It's been a ton of fun, especially finding out how many kinds of Rathalos ass you can kick with the Bow. Shame it doesn't cut tails, it would be such a ridiculous weapon if it did.I haven't even touched the online portion. I can't wait to jump in with others here.

EthanGK

Throw a dung bomb at the monster that you want to get rid of (they smell it on themselves and leave the area, likely to check their underwear)
LOL
Another good use for dung bombs, if I recall, is to stop enemies when they're doing those grab attacks, like the Rathalos stomping you or the bear thing shaking you.
I've played single player up to the point right before Ceadeus now. It's been a ton of fun, especially finding out how many kinds of Rathalos ass you can kick with the Bow. Shame it doesn't cut tails, it would be such a ridiculous weapon if it did.I haven't even touched the online portion. I can't wait to jump in with others here.
I didn't even know Arzuros had a grab attack due to my style of play. Moves like that can be killer, so it helps to have dung bombs that's for sure. I'll have to remember to keep one when fighting him in future, just in case. I know the ranged weapons are really handy, but I don't think I could have my main weapon as anything that can't cut off a tail. Later on I might use Bowgun occasionally online. The bow is definitely a good weapon though, after trying it in the demo. GS can be a little annoying with certain enemies, but I made my choice for this time around and I'm sticking with it until I completely master the thing :p
I've heard that there are plenty of single-player missions to go on with even when you finish the storyline. Including one with 3 Gigginox. I hate those things. They aren't all that tough, but they weird me out. I mean, they just keep giving birth non-stop. Imagine how many births you'll see in that quest. Jesus christ! They lay eggs on the floor, they lay eggs on the ceiling, apparently they lay eggs on their necks too now! Slimy eggs everywhere! I'm just imagining fighting 3 Gigginox and not being able to walk because the whole map is eggs.

Aki

I love hunting on Wii U and then transferring my data over to 3DS so that I can hunt on the go. This is possibly the best feature of the game!

repomech

A quick point on tail cutting and ranged weapons (this came up in chat yesterday): Slicing ammo for bowguns can cut tails, and while I don't believe the bow has a shot that can cut a tail (I could be wrong), it's melee swipe attack can.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Yeah I also couldn't manage to cut a tail with a bow even after staggering the Rathalos with tail damage over 4 times. It just won't happen. That's true the melee swipe probably can, but it seems like a really weak attack, and it would be impossible to deal all the damage necessary on your own. Unless you're telling me that you can shoot tails with arrows until all the necessary damage is done, and then just swipe it once with the melee attack to cut it off?

So have all of the monsters in Tri made it to Ultimate? I was given a digital guide to download with my purchase of MH3U at GameStop, but the guide doesn't bring some of them up. Or even that Elder Dragon that you catch a glimpse of at the end of the trailer.

EthanGK

A quick point on tail cutting and ranged weapons (this came up in chat yesterday): Slicing ammo for bowguns can cut tails, and while I don't believe the bow has a shot that can cut a tail (I could be wrong), it's melee swipe attack can.
Oh yeah, forgot there was slicing ammo, that's not so bad then. Yes, Deth, I'm pretty sure they're all there, even Alatreon (the final online boss of Tri, I think you can even fight it offline now), although I'm pretty sure the big old final boss of P3rd (amatsumagatsuchi) didn't make the cut. Does the guide mention online quests? Because I'm pretty sure the Dire Miralis is only online.
Just finished a quick morning hunt in the Flooded Forest where I went for Pelagicite ore. Got my first few charms, no real winners, but they aren't too bad:pawn talismans: Swimming +1Tremor Res +4Maestro +3Gluttony +3 and a slot
Bishop talisman:Sleep C+ +7
I can't remember what they all do, so I might just stick with the auto-guard one the game gives you for now... I don't really use it, but it's better than nothing. Is Sleep C+ just a sleep resistance? Or maybe ranged skill? I don't pay too much attention to how well my set blends until later on anyway. You could spend all your time getting skills now, but that could all change when you get access to new armour, so I'll just chuck one on until something better comes along :)

running_in_jam

Videogame Sound Designer and Composer
If you guys didn't read in the CT, I still haven't got MH!!! D= bad times

I just want to say though; this thread is gonna be awesome. I played Tri online & offline without any buddies to ask questions about the game about what things actually do or mean. I didn't get a lot of stuff for absolutely ages, and there's still stuff I don't know! That charm table nonsense is complete news to me!

It's gonna be great to ask you guys the all important questions, like "Do these Rath pants make me look fat?"

I can't wait! :D

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Just finished a quick morning hunt in the Flooded Forest where I went for Pelagicite ore. Got my first few charms, no real winners, but they aren't too bad:pawn talismans: Swimming +1Tremor Res +4Maestro +3Gluttony +3 and a slotBishop talisman:Sleep C+ +7I can't remember what they all do, so I might just stick with the auto-guard one the game gives you for now... I don't really use it, but it's better than nothing. Is Sleep C+ just a sleep resistance? Or maybe ranged skill? I don't pay too much attention to how well my set blends until later on anyway. You could spend all your time getting skills now, but that could all change when you get access to new armour, so I'll just chuck one on until something better comes along :)Swimming increases your swimming speed, which I think is going to be very useful now that you can't use ZL and ZR for diving/ascending underwater.Tremor Res allows you to not get shaken by tremors, such as those caused by the Diablos and Duramboros.Maestro is for the Hunting Horn. I haven't used it, but apparently it lengthens the time the music bonuses last.Gluttony improves the effect of eating meats and rations, so that a ration now recovers as much stamina as a well done steak.Sleep C+ increases the effectiveness of Sleep rounds for the bowgun. I believe this doesn't actually improve the bow coatings, but I could be wrong.
I think for sleep resistance there is a specific Sleep
skill, not Sleep C+

Aki

Noob question, but can you capture monsters without having the quest to do so?

The reason why I'm asking is because I'm trying to make a set of great jaggi armor, but I need one more King's Frill and the only way to get them is by doing a head break, but, according to what I read, you can't carve it, you have to capture the beast and I've already done the quest to capture it and I didn't get it.

running_in_jam

@Aki64 I'm quite certain you can. I remember in online quests in Tri, we would establish at the beginning whether we wanted to kill or capture it. You shouldn't have any problem doing so.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
In certain circumstances it is better to hunt Great Jags in the wild without a quest, as you can actually fight more than one on certain days where the conditions are right....

I'm rocking Jaggi Armor right now and also in the flooded woods or whatever too....

Was gonna use the Jaggie Head to make that helmut, but I need some firestone stuff from the volcano area first I guess....

I'm about to forge a set of that awsome looking azu bear armor next.... Finally found some carpenter bugs!

Sry but I can't remember or pronouce any of this crap correctly.... =P~

EthanGK

Noob question, but can you capture monsters without having the quest to do so?

The reason why I'm asking is because I'm trying to make a set of great jaggi armor, but I need one more King's Frill and the only way to get them is by doing a head break, but, according to what I read, you can't carve it, you have to capture the beast and I've already done the quest to capture it and I didn't get it.
Yes, you can capture the Great Jaggi at any time, but it's probably best to just replay the quest (which you can do as many times as you want) as it might be a possible reward for the quest, not just the actual feat (not sure).
Carpenterbugs aren't all that uncommon are they? I haven't used them yet, but I seem to find them pretty easy, what do they do? Also, make sure you don't just use them all if they're something you want a lot of but can't find all that easily, take them to the farm and cultivate them! :) The farm is invaluable!

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I don't think you can cultivate carpenterbugs in the farm. Maybe when you max its level, but not in level 1 or 2 I think. They're fairly easy to find, though; just bring a bug net to the Tundra or the Volcano.
Also, those of you willing to tolerate a grind might want to look into farming rustshards in the volcano. Rustshards are a rare drop from mining the fossil stones (not the blue or red ones), which themselves appear rarely. Then, you can only carry a max of 3 rustshards (I swear it used to be more in Tri), which get appraised at the end of the quest, just like with Mystery Charms. At that point, the rustshard has a chance of turning out to be a variety of weapons: regular iron weapons, worthless except to sell; Crystal weapons (maybe they're not crystal, but I think they are), which are good if you don't have them, otherwise sell for a very nice price; and Rust weapons, which seem worthless but are very rare and invaluable.
Rust weapons need only to be upgraded a couple of times using plenty of resources to become great weapons, easily the greatest weapons you can get in low rank quests, and still great for high rank quests. The best thing about them is that they deal "Dragon" elemental damage, which is what some of the toughest monsters, Elder Dragons included, are weak against in this game.
Anyway, it's not very hard to farm them if you're doing the Harvest Tour Volcano quest. Just bring cool drinks (in-game and out-of-game), lots of pickaxes, and lots of patience to the Volcano, head to area 5, turn the radio on, and just keep mining there, giving preference to the gray stones with a fossil in them. Once you've gotten three rustshards you can just finish the quest. You can also head to the top of the Volcano and mine everything along the way if you want to build up your supply of armor stones +.

EthanGK

I don't think you can cultivate carpenterbugs in the farm. Maybe when you max its level, but not in level 1 or 2 I think. They're fairly easy to find, though; just bring a bug net to the Tundra or the Volcano.
Also, those of you willing to tolerate a grind might want to look into farming rustshards in the volcano. Rustshards are a rare drop from mining the fossil stones (not the blue or red ones), which themselves appear rarely. Then, you can only carry a max of 3 rustshards (I swear it used to be more in Tri), which get appraised at the end of the quest, just like with Mystery Charms. At that point, the rustshard has a chance of turning out to be a variety of weapons: regular iron weapons, worthless except to sell; Crystal weapons (maybe they're not crystal, but I think they are), which are good if you don't have them, otherwise sell for a very nice price; and Rust weapons, which seem worthless but are very rare and invaluable.
Rust weapons need only to be upgraded a couple of times using plenty of resources to become great weapons, easily the greatest weapons you can get in low rank quests, and still great for high rank quests. The best thing about them is that they deal "Dragon" elemental damage, which is what some of the toughest monsters, Elder Dragons included, are weak against in this game.
Anyway, it's not very hard to farm them if you're doing the Harvest Tour Volcano quest. Just bring cool drinks (in-game and out-of-game), lots of pickaxes, and lots of patience to the Volcano, head to area 5, turn the radio on, and just keep mining there, giving preference to the gray stones with a fossil in them. Once you've gotten three rustshards you can just finish the quest. You can also head to the top of the Volcano and mine everything along the way if you want to build up your supply of armor stones +.
Oh really? I haven't had the need to cultivate them yet. Wait... Tundra or Volcano? I'm not even in those areas and I have some, and I'm pretty sure they're from Moga Woods (D. Isle).Yup rustshards are definitely worth a little grind for, plus you get a bunch of ores, charms, etc. while you're looking so there's really no reason not to. If you can't find them... it may very well be that you have a bugged table and will be unable to find them ever. :(
Weirdly, I actually really enjoy ore farming in this game, I don't know why, in any other game ultra repetitive things like that drive me insane! Anyone tried a slime weapon yet? I'm really intrigued by them.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Oh that's right, I got carpenterbugs from Deserted Island as well (or Moga Woods, not sure if some items are different). I guess they're pretty common throughout the game, as long as you bother to use your net.
I just fought my first two subspecies. I thought subspecies were supposed to be simple color swaps? It turns out they have more abilities and defend themselves way better against you. The Ludroth alone was kicking my ass, and I barely beat him, but the Rathian truly dominated me (but not before I smashed her face, wings, and cut her tail). Fighting that Rathian, I feel like I've been fighting an impostor all along. It's like I only truly discovered the real badass Rathian that earned the nickname of "queen"; apparently there is then a third crazy subspecies of Rathian out there. It's crazy to think of all the subspecies and color swaps being actual improvements over the traditional monsters, beyond simply having higher stats. I shiver at the thought of the Deviljho subspecies - and the other Ceadeus subspecies, are they even more amazing to fight than the regular one?
I bought Monster Hunter 3 U expecting to get Monster Hunter Tri plus a bunch of color swaps and new armor, but instead it feels like I got the full game after having played a 300 hour demo two and a half years ago. People can call Capcom all sorts of different names, but right now the Monster Hunter series is top tier for the entire industry - and I feel like I'm in for another 200-300 hours of great discovery and challenge.

EthanGK

Oh that's right, I got carpenterbugs from Deserted Island as well (or Moga Woods, not sure if some items are different). I guess they're pretty common throughout the game, as long as you bother to use your net.
I just fought my first two subspecies. I thought subspecies were supposed to be simple color swaps? It turns out they have more abilities and defend themselves way better against you. The Ludroth alone was kicking my ass, and I barely beat him, but the Rathian truly dominated me (but not before I smashed her face, wings, and cut her tail). Fighting that Rathian, I feel like I've been fighting an impostor all along. It's like I only truly discovered the real badass Rathian that earned the nickname of "queen"; apparently there is then a third crazy subspecies of Rathian out there. It's crazy to think of all the subspecies and color swaps being actual improvements over the traditional monsters, beyond simply having higher stats. I shiver at the thought of the Deviljho subspecies - and the other Ceadeus subspecies, are they even more amazing to fight than the regular one?
I bought Monster Hunter 3 U expecting to get Monster Hunter Tri plus a bunch of color swaps and new armor, but instead it feels like I got the full game after having played a 300 hour demo two and a half years ago. People can call Capcom all sorts of different names, but right now the Monster Hunter series is top tier for the entire industry - and I feel like I'm in for another 200-300 hours of great discovery and challenge.
I'm so excited to hear all of this :D I can't wait to really sink my teeth into this game, but I'm already thoroughly enjoying the differences from Tri. This game feels so right on the Wii. I love Monster Hunter, at the same time as being very complex, it's also very simplistic in many senses. They don't bother with a proper storyline, yet manage to make it so you don't even realise that, they have little things that are weird that would make players whine if they were in other games, it's like a game mad purely for people who like to actually play games. No drama, no romance, just pure and brutal gameplay. In this day and age in gaming, it must be really hard to pull something like this off, and yet Capcom manages it time after time with this series :)

Aki

@running_in_jam, @EthanGK: Thanks a bunch for answering that. I wasn't aware that you could replay quests. Man, that makes everything a lot easier. Also, you can find carpenterbugs in Area 4 of Deserted Isle, it's in that alcove to the left with those cat thingys.

EthanGK

Ah, that must be where I found them. Swish your net around enough and you're bound to find what you're looking for. I actually went into the cat cave to find ingredients for Goldenfish bait.Anyone tried online yet? I haven't had the chance, is it much different from Tri?

Still waiting on NE to play online with but not sure with Bioshock Infinite coming out tomorrow. Either way I beat or a tleast made (Legarius?) flee. The monster that caused the earth quakes.

EthanGK

Mehhhh! Why did I have to pick such a demanding degree. I get some free time, but never enough to bother firing up Monster Hunter. I'm sure it'll settle down, it's only the first few weeks that are like this, hopefully.

Just got lagiacrus chest and arm armor cant believe I'm getting this far and havent even played online yet. I know this game apparently goes into the hundreds of hours but I feel like I'm burning through it already as I already unlocked the volcano place.

EthanGK

Just got lagiacrus chest and arm armor cant believe I'm getting this far and havent even played online yet. I know this game apparently goes into the hundreds of hours but I feel like I'm burning through it already as I already unlocked the volcano place.
You don't fight the toughest offline monsters for a while yet, and the online monsters are a lot tougher, so don't worry haha :)

You don't fight the toughest offline monsters for a while yet, and the online monsters are a lot tougher, so don't worry haha :)
Yeah I expected, to get the armor I had to waste 10 herbs, 3 first aid and 5 medicine. Which came out of nowhere cause I never had to use that much so the difficulty is starting to rise.

EthanGK

Woah man, herbs? Herbs are a waste of inventory, use potions (blue mushroom + herb) or mega potions (potion + honey) (people usually use both unless they need the inventory, but don't bother with herbs) for health restoration in single player. There are other things you can use too, especially in multi, but these are your staples. If you don't want to go forage loads of herbs, blue mushrooms and honey, use your farm and the market. Herbs do too little to be efficient. Lagia equipment tends to be pretty nice, so congrats :) I know Lagiacrus kicks a lot of first-timer butts, so you're doing well :) Which weapon class do you use?

Aki

How do you kill that Qurupeco? I've tried like 5 times and I can't do it. Is there some sort of special trick because it's really starting to piss the fuck out of me as is the great sword which takes homeboy half a year to swing. I was using a long sword prior to that, but I switched for more power

running_in_jam

This game is amazing. Already it's sucking me in - it's way too easy to just keep playing for hours and hours. Lucky for me the 3DS can't stay on forever :p haha

Also, I see people complain about the controls for 3DS. Did they not find the totally awesome customization options?!

I don't need the target cam anymore, I re-sized the touch d-pad to suit my thumb reach and it's just as good as a second analog. Freeing up the top screen is really really great. The only problem I've had is one time I didn't see how low my health was, and almost died. Almost
. ;) heh

Somebody please tweet that image to Phil Fish.

@Aki64 is it that you're running out of time, or is he killing you?