Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate's Server's to be Region-Locked

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Damn dude, what a bummer. I don't remember if Monster Hunter Tri's servers weren't region-locked, but it still would have been nice to be able to play with all the Europeans here with MHUltimate.

Damn dude, what a bummer. I don't remember if Monster Hunter Tri's servers weren't region-locked, but it still would have been nice to be able to play with all the Europeans here with MHUltimate.
They were not. I remember there being options to play within your region or worldwide I believe. This doesn't sound like a good move. It just closes people off. And if there are options, then one shouldn't be worried about having their connection strained in any way. I don't know what their reasoning is, but it can't outweigh the fact that this could put people at a disadvantage.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Ok I know this my be a super stupid question but here it goes.
Im buying this game never having played one. But there are quite a few guys here that are just crazy about it and Im gonna buy it just to play with them. Now some of them are from Canada. Being from the US would there serves be lock to me? If so then I may rethink my position on MH3U.
If I were to guess I would say they wouldnt be locked to me. This does seem like a dumb move all around tho cause with forums such as this you have people all over the world and you would like to play with your friends from other countries.

Guess this is one less game for me to worry about being able to afford. I mean, I might pick it up for cheap at some point, maybe during some draught, but if I were to consider getting it early on I would only do that so I could play with all of you guys.

Ex-Actarus

Unacceptable !
We should expect AT LEAST the level of service online we get on 360 on PS3 on Wii U.
I don't understand that decision, I really don't.
I will complain to Capcom and Nintendo.
I'm so upset !!!
I was planning to play with my brothers... :(

running_in_jam

Videogame Sound Designer and Composer
It must come down to costs, surely. For whatever reason, it must be cheaper to region lock their servers. It's just kind of strange because I've never heard of another online game that doesn't allow a worldwide connection, and it's even weirder when the original Wii version was worldwide.

The number of online communities this will interfere with makes the decision kind of unfair. Especially when you think that hunting parties from the Wii version might've wanted to carry that experience over to Ultimate. Imagine if us lot had hooked up on the Wii version, and we were all pumped to continue that for the Ultimate version on Wii U - we'd be even more pissed.

repomech

resident remnant robot relic
Ok I know this my be a super stupid question but here it goes.
Im buying this game never having played one. But there are quite a few guys here that are just crazy about it and Im gonna buy it just to play with them. Now some of them are from Canada. Being from the US would there serves be lock to me? If so then I may rethink my position on MH3U.
If I were to guess I would say they wouldnt be locked to me. This does seem like a dumb move all around tho cause with forums such as this you have people all over the world and you would like to play with your friends from other countries.
There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers from Capcom. ;P

In theory the regions are probably whatever Capcom makes them (if I have understood correctly Nintendo's hands off approach to the WiiU's online), in practice, off the top of my head I can't think of having ever seen Canada-only regional servers for any game by anyone ever, so we are something close to certain to be part of at least a common North American region, if not all of the Americas. Monster Hunting should still be on! :)

That said, this absolutely blows that we won't be able to play with our friends in Europe and Australia. That is the first piece of news I've heard about this game that's genuinely taken a bit of wind out of my hype sails (I even took the no-online for 3DS version in stride) I think it's time to head over to Capcom's forums and spread some disunity.

SMH Capcom, just SMH.