Monster Hunter World

Odo

Yeah, Japan only. Doesn't include digital sales, though, that Famitsu estimated for the first 3 days, that it was around 2m.

Too early to know the truth, but compared to MH4 initial sales, it's not been extraordinary so far. I can't wait to see worldwide numbers. Capcom says it's the fastest selling title, but we only have shipped figures from them.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Seriously I was about to say surely that was only 1 region or another. But still I feel like 1.5 million is low for Japan,that’s just my personal thoughts.
It kind of is. But at the same time, these games have some legs (especially when they're really good like 4U).

"Monster Hunter 4 sold more than 1.8 million copies in its first two days on the market.[13] By the end of 2013, it had sold 3.9 million copies in Japan, more than double any other game in the region except for Pokémon X and Y.[14] As of March 31, 2014, the game has sold 4.1 million copies.[15] The enhanced Monster Hunter 4G was a launch title for the New Nintendo 3DS revision in Japan. Released on October 11, 2014, the game sold 1.6 million copies in its first two days alone.[16] As of November 2014, the game has sold 2.2 million copies.[17] It was reported in Capcom's consolidated financial report on February 3 that the game had sold 2.7 million copies since its release in Japan.[18] Shortly following its North American release, Capcom announced that the title had shipped more than 3 million units worldwide.[19] In Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate's first month on sale in North America, 290,000 combined physical and downloaded copies were sold, making it the fastest-selling Monster Hunter title in that region.[20] In April 2015, Capcom announced that Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate was the first title in the series to surpass one million units shipped in Europe and North America.[21] As of October 2015, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate has sold more than 4 million units worldwide.[22][23]"

"Prior to the game's launch, Capcom expected to sell 2.5 million copies of Monster Hunter Generations by March 2016.[42] The game sold over 1.5 million units in its first two days,[43] and as of December 24, 2015, the game has sold over 3 million copies.[44]"

"Capcom reported that Monster Hunter Generations had exceeded 4.1 million units sold worldwide by September 2016, with sales in Western countries described as "solid".[47] Monster Hunter XX has sold 1.7 million copies as of April 2017.[48] The Switch version sold 84,377 copies in its first week in Japan, debuting at number 1 in the charts, but only selling 48.9% of its initial shipment.[49][50]"

People point at the low sales of XX on the Switch as proof that it needed to get on consoles, but they forget that sales for 3U on Wii U were also low. In both cases, the game was selling only in a region where everyone and their mother was already playing the game on the 3DS. If Capcom brought XX to the Switch outside of Japan, it would probably sell closer to how 4U sold.

Isn't that actually pretty high for the Japan console scene?
It probably is, and if there's any game that can get the Japanese to buy a console, it's Monster Hunter (Dragon Quest XI hasn't sold nearly as well as IX, even though it's on PS4 and 3DS). But the game might have sold more on a portable platform. Right now it's good that they found good numbers on console if they still see the possibility of putting the game on the Switch later on. Odo's right that we still have to see digital and worldwide numbers, which could be significant. But if they aren't, what Capcom did was spend more to make less.

Koenig

The Architect
@Juegos How does the lack of traditional "Loading" zones affect the game? Does it cause much in the way of trouble for getting away from a monster to heal or track them?

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
@Juegos How does the lack of traditional "Loading" zones affect the game? Does it cause much in the way of trouble for getting away from a monster to heal or track them?
I don't know because I never leave the area to heal or sharpen. :msrs:
(I actually have Sharpening+2 which helps me sharpen in the middle of a fight.)

So it definitely takes a little longer to chase monsters around when they're moving from one area to the next, but it depends on the enemy. With a Rathalos that spends half of the time flying up and down the map, following him from area to area is more complicated. But for some of the ground monsters, like the Deviljho clone, it's actually possible to catch up to them as they run away from the area and stagger them in a few ways (scatternuts, hitting them with your weapon, mounting them, etc), which will often cause them to return to the area they were leaving to try to fight you again. That means that if you expect them to run away and prepare for it, you can keep piling on damage every time they try to leave.

In terms of just finding your way around the map, it is more difficult now. The first map, the forest, is especially complex, particularly when it comes to chasing a flying wyvern up and down the multiple vertical levels. There are so many more paths to take now than before that memorizing the map is a real challenge now. But it does feel great to have such large interconnected maps, even if it sometimes means spending more time chasing monsters.

The real downside to all this, though, is that the initial loading for an area does take a minute or so. The game lets you finish preparing for a quest while it loads the level (using the item box, upgrading weapons, etc), which is nice, but if you've already done that you'll be sitting there for a minute while the quest and area loads. Of course, there's no loading once you're in a level, so that makes up for it.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Let me add something about the way healing works. Back when they first showed how we could heal while moving, I really thought they had screwed up big time in an attempt to make the game easier and more accessible. Now that I've played it, I realize they actually did the best thing they could do.

The thing to note is that the change they made isn't just that you can heal while moving. They also made it so that, when you pop a potion, you don't recover the health immediately. Instead, it recovers gradually from the moment the potion goes into effect (about a second after pressing the button) until the end of the animation (about 3 seconds later). But even though the animation is longer, you can roll-cancel out of it at any time, at which point you'll stop recovering health.

So you can move while healing, but healing isn't instantaneous; and actually the animation is longer overall, but you can roll-cancel out of it. This all means that you'll use the potions differently in different scenarios. If you are very low on health and pop a Mega Potion, you'll have to be very careful about where you move so that you can avoid enemy attacks without having to roll, to ensure that you'll recover the full amount possible. But if you're almost full on health and only want to pop a regular Potion to max your health out (to avoid getting one-shot by a Rathian tail-flip), you can pop the Potion, and as soon as you've recovered the amount needed, you can roll-cancel out of it to shave some time off the recovery.

And in another scenario, imagine a Rathalos throws you on the ground and leaves you with low health, then flies up into the air. Because you are impatient, you pop the Mega Potion as soon as you get back up. But halfway through the animation you get hit by a fireball. In MH4U, you would have survived the fireball because the Mega Potion healed you instantly (though you might be stunned next time you get up); in MHW, you die because the Mega Potion hadn't healed you the full amount possible.

So, in some ways, healing is easier now. But in other ways it's harder. Ultimately, it means you'll have to be smarter about when to heal and when to roll or leap-dodge first.

By the way, this is not the case for sharpening. You can roll-cancel out of sharpening now, but it takes longer than before now, and the sharpening doesn't go into effect until near the end of the animation (and then you can't roll-cancel out of the last part of the animation, leaving you vulnerable).

Eating, on the other hand, is easy now. Just pop a Ration whenever and you'll increase your stamina after a short animation during which you can jog (same walking speed as with Potions). It'll also refill your stamina bar to the max, which might be helpful when you have Iceblight or Waterblight.

Once again, I'm still not fighting monsters that push my skills to the limit, but in general I like this combat system better than 4U's.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/02/0...w-the-fastest-selling-game-in-capcoms-history

Capcom is sticking with reporting shipped instead of sold, but it seems like World is racking it up out there.
Let me add something about the way healing works. Back when they first showed how we could heal while moving, I really thought they had screwed up big time in an attempt to make the game easier and more accessible. Now that I've played it, I realize they actually did the best thing they could do.

The thing to note is that the change they made isn't just that you can heal while moving. They also made it so that, when you pop a potion, you don't recover the health immediately. Instead, it recovers gradually from the moment the potion goes into effect (about a second after pressing the button) until the end of the animation (about 3 seconds later). But even though the animation is longer, you can roll-cancel out of it at any time, at which point you'll stop recovering health.

So you can move while healing, but healing isn't instantaneous; and actually the animation is longer overall, but you can roll-cancel out of it. This all means that you'll use the potions differently in different scenarios. If you are very low on health and pop a Mega Potion, you'll have to be very careful about where you move so that you can avoid enemy attacks without having to roll, to ensure that you'll recover the full amount possible. But if you're almost full on health and only want to pop a regular Potion to max your health out (to avoid getting one-shot by a Rathian tail-flip), you can pop the Potion, and as soon as you've recovered the amount needed, you can roll-cancel out of it to shave some time off the recovery.

And in another scenario, imagine a Rathalos throws you on the ground and leaves you with low health, then flies up into the air. Because you are impatient, you pop the Mega Potion as soon as you get back up. But halfway through the animation you get hit by a fireball. In MH4U, you would have survived the fireball because the Mega Potion healed you instantly (though you might be stunned next time you get up); in MHW, you die because the Mega Potion hadn't healed you the full amount possible.

So, in some ways, healing is easier now. But in other ways it's harder. Ultimately, it means you'll have to be smarter about when to heal and when to roll or leap-dodge first.

By the way, this is not the case for sharpening. You can roll-cancel out of sharpening now, but it takes longer than before now, and the sharpening doesn't go into effect until near the end of the animation (and then you can't roll-cancel out of the last part of the animation, leaving you vulnerable).

Eating, on the other hand, is easy now. Just pop a Ration whenever and you'll increase your stamina after a short animation during which you can jog (same walking speed as with Potions). It'll also refill your stamina bar to the max, which might be helpful when you have Iceblight or Waterblight.

Once again, I'm still not fighting monsters that push my skills to the limit, but in general I like this combat system better than 4U's.
So...they essentially allow you to move while drinking a potion (that isn't an instant HP recovery) instead of being locked (but getting full HP), and...removed the buff pose in exchange for the ability to dodge/cancel at the expense of a full heal.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/02/0...w-the-fastest-selling-game-in-capcoms-history

Capcom is sticking with reporting shipped instead of sold, but it seems like World is racking it up out there.

So...they essentially allow you to move while drinking a potion (that isn't an instant HP recovery) instead of being locked (but getting full HP), and...removed the buff pose in exchange for the ability to dodge/cancel at the expense of a full heal.
Correct. Sharpening does have the equivalent of a "buff pose" during which you can't roll, but only for the last part of the sharpening animation.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Just based on Juegs impressions so far, and from watching the hunts online aswell as mentoring my employee in the ways of monster hunting. :msrs:

I’m still happy with the gameplay, and even the changes in some of them. But more important the hunter / weapon / monster relationship is still very intact.

Now my guy today said “4 hunters online is more often than not overkill” and he’s on high rank. It very much sounds like a blown out 4U. Which isn’t a bad thing. I’m glad those core gameplay elements are still there even if they have changed.

Also after watching the videos I’ve very much cooled off on the game as far as my own personal saltyness. It took this to do it tho, I just keep repeating “there’s no G rank”. And also after seeing the cast of monsters and how they fight and attack, I’ve played this game before. So I’m cool with my employee and he and I speak a different Language and it’s veen real cool. A whole lot of the game translates. I know exactly what he’s talking about and vise versa.

Also super glad to hear the updates @Juegos im glad your enjoying it aswell. You impressions have been top notch. :mfancy:

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
So the employee who I have been coaching in the world of Monster hunter just beat the regular game. It took him only 68 hours.

There is a lot I’m questioning right now about this game especially in the length / difficulty aspect of it.

Koenig

The Architect
So the employee who I have been coaching in the world of Monster hunter just beat the regular game. It took him only 68 hours.

There is a lot I’m questioning right now about this game especially in the length / difficulty aspect of it.
If MHW is anything like previous (non "Ultimate") MH titles in terms of length, that sounds about right. I beat the single player in MH Generations in around 40 hours, before moving onto the late game HR 70+ stuff around 80 and 100. The base Monster Hunter games have been (relatively) light on content compared to their ultimate counterparts; I am just glad the MHW will be getting free DLC to enhance the game rather than require players to go out and buy the ultimate version in a year and a half.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
If MHW is anything like previous (non "Ultimate") MH titles in terms of length, that sounds about right. I beat the single player in MH Generations in around 40 hours, before moving onto the late game HR 70+ stuff around 80 and 100. The base Monster Hunter games have been (relatively) light on content compared to their ultimate counterparts; I am just glad the MHW will be getting free DLC to enhance the game rather than require players to go out and buy the ultimate version in a year and a half.
You don’t know if it won’t tho, G rank IF it comes may cost nobody knows. They are having free DLC, but that’s to be expected because all of MH4U was free also. There about to get the Deviljo.

I didn’t realize that the single player in the non U games was so short.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
https://nintendoeverything.com/capcom-president-talks-monster-hunters-future-on-switch/

Hmmmmmm Capcom atleast acknowledging the Switch and MH in the same breath.

Either the World numbers aren’t what they expected, OR the numbers are better than expected and they don’t wanna confuse people. They know they have to bring something to the Switch tho because this is far from a WiiU situation and there’s a lot of MH money sitting there on switch going unclaimed.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I just wanted to say, because I've been avoiding using Armor Stones to upgrade my gear in High Rank (but still getting the gear that gives me skills that I want), the game has definitely put up a bit of resistance. I'm not done with the main story yet, but I've failed quests, even twice in a row against the same Elder Dragon last night until I decided I was done with their shit and brought 3 flash bombs and 10 flashbugs. I'm still not fighting the strongest monsters, either. Apparently there're these monsters called "tempered" that are stronger than usual. I think that just means they have higher stats, but I'm still wary of them.

On the other hand, it's so easy to prepare thoroughly for a quest now. Restocking my pouch is so easy, gathering during a quest for extra potions and flashbombs is so easy, the new item shortcut menu makes it so easy to use items like bombs and traps, and you can even set shortcuts for instantly combining items to the new item shortcut menu (no animation required, so you can craft a flashbomb literally a second before using it on a Rathalos).

All of that said, if you play like I do and not abuse Armor Stones, you'll still die to two hits of any strong monster.

Koenig

The Architect
https://nintendoeverything.com/capcom-president-talks-monster-hunters-future-on-switch/

Hmmmmmm Capcom atleast acknowledging the Switch and MH in the same breath.

Either the World numbers aren’t what they expected, OR the numbers are better than expected and they don’t wanna confuse people. They know they have to bring something to the Switch tho because this is far from a WiiU situation and there’s a lot of MH money sitting there on switch going unclaimed.
What I got from reading the link was essentially "Yeah the Switch exists, but we got nothing"

Koenig

The Architect
It is still a pitty Capcom did not release MHXX in the west BEFORE MHW came out. If they had, the game would have had strong 3DS and Switch sales (especially the latter given the systems popularity and the limited compeition early on, coupled with the fact that in the west it would not be considered a late port as the 3DS version would idealy be released at the same time- MH3U had a similar effect in that regard); however now that MHW is out it, releasing MHXX in the west can ONLY be seen as a half assed effort on their part if they do. They SHOULD still release it, but they have put themselves in a position where they are damned if the do and damned if they don't; and they have no one but themselves to blame (Although they will certainly find some excuse to do so anyways)

I would still buy it mind you, I have already invested time into MH generation and I want to get the "ultimate" experience of that. I would probably buy the game even if I hadn't played generations, because as a Nintendo fan I want to support the series on my system. It is just a damn shame that the fanbase that has been keeping Capcom afloat for the past 10 years is getting nothing but table scraps, and we are lucky if we even get that.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Capcom have confirmed that Monster Hunter: World has already hit the company's sales goals for this financial year. In its first three weeks, the game has already sold over six million copies.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/monster-hunter-world/monster-hunter-world-sales-numbers
The writer claims 6 million sold in the most recent update, but there's no source on that. There are two things here: the game shipped 6 million copies, and whatever is the actual number of copies sold, is enough to reach Capcom's target sales.

Stop falling for the shipped units meme! I could write a novel and ship 10 million copies to some warehouse, but that doesn't mean anybody actually bought it.

The actual sales numbers are probably pretty good. But we won't know what they are until Capcom tells us, and they have nothing to do with the shipped units.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
The writer claims 6 million sold in the most recent update, but there's no source on that. There are two things here: the game shipped 6 million copies, and whatever is the actual number of copies sold, is enough to reach Capcom's target sales.

Stop falling for the shipped units meme! I could write a novel and ship 10 million copies to some warehouse, but that doesn't mean anybody actually bought it.

The actual sales numbers are probably pretty good. But we won't know what they are until Capcom tells us, and they have nothing to do with the shipped units.
@Odo i know you want us to suffer and rub our noes in it. But I didn’t even think about the writer not having a link. Thank you @Juegos for the cleanup. And Odo come on man:mfacepalm: it hurt bad enough.

But I’m good now on this cause no G rank and everything is goin well on MHXX. So let’s just wait for the sold numbers.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Monster Hunter World G would be one of the best games ever made. If it came to Switch on top of PS4, it would sell like 10M.

But I know that all we're getting on Switch is Monster Hunter Stories 2.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Monster Hunter World G would be one of the best games ever made. If it came to Switch on top of PS4, it would sell like 10M.

But I know that all we're getting on Switch is Monster Hunter Stories 2.
It would sell that much I’m sure. I am holding out that the G rank version could come to Switch. That does make sense.

Odo

Jesus, I'm just sharing news.

The last news I'll share:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/monster-hunter-world-sets-new-all-time-capcom-sale/1100-6456680/

As of February 9, that figure has now reached 6 million units--something it's done faster than any game in Capcom's history, according to the publisher. Bear in mind, this number accounts for digital sales and the number of units shipped to retailers (but not necessarily sold through to consumers).

Not sharing anything in this thread any more.. Gonna discuss it in other forums.

You guys are acting like underage youtube haters.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/monster-hunter-world-sets-new-all-time-capcom-sale/1100-6456680/

As of February 9, that figure has now reached 6 million units--something it's done faster than any game in Capcom's history, according to the publisher. Bear in mind, this number accounts for digital sales and the number of units shipped to retailers (but not necessarily sold through to consumers).

Not sharing anything in this thread any more.. Gonna discuss it in other forums.

Rekt

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
So after extensive research and talking to people who have actually played the game and they are all experienced gamers I think I can say this.

MHW as much as they look like they casualized the game, its still very very much for experienced hunters. So far @Juegos and my employee WHO IS a beginning hunter have been in love with the game. My employee was very lost at first, and I think he was afraid to ask to many questions. But early in the game he started asking and didn't stop so he had some guidance thru the game. Thats how I know this game is made for me. I was able to relay a clear plan for him on all the menus, upgrades, states and skills and everything I said translated and helped him out a ton. Also Juegs own experience and him leaving the planet for a month told me all i needed to know about the game for hunters like us.

But what able those who's bought the game expecting a more casual experience and didn't have an experienced player to play or chat with? My older brother, his son who is a junior in HS, his best friend of the same age, and one of @Juegos good friends have been the test subjects. As far as Juegs good friend from what he has told me. They fella bought the game, but hasn't opened it because he has just been watching videos online about it and is so overwhelmed he told Jueg he didn't even know what weapon he would choose. So there is 1 that bought it and hasn't played it, and I would bet he would not become a repeat buyer.

My nephew and his best friend are expericed gamers. They were over there this weekend and he was asking me how exactly do I make it threw all the different menus? So I took him onto MH4U and just started showing him my routine, WHICH I have perfected to be a flawless and quick streamline of all things just to get into the hunt. They were floored by how much they haven't even touched and they started taking about how it just wasn't worth it to them when they have games like Fortnight to play. Which I get! I wouldn't have been into MH at that age either so there trading it back in and won't be repeat buyers.

And that leaves my brother. He tried to hunt with my nephew and his friend...........very long story short he felt like the marketing he had to buy into the hype especially after I have been talking about it for years. Now he feels like he was sold snake oil, no repeat buying from him.

Now this is a small sample size, but I don't think I would be outta bounds in saying many people had this same experience on both sides of the ball. No wonder when the beta dropped even then the Vets were raving, and newbies were very lukewarm to it all even back then.

EvilTw1n

Dude, you got an exceptionally mild push back on shipped vs. sold. If you think that's too harsh, you haven't seen Godwin's law broken in a youtube comments section on cat videos.

That said, it's probably becoming an academic point. Capcom shipped 6 mill because they expected to roughly sell through that figure...eventually. Sony's marketing push (I still see PS4 MHW commercials when I visit those with cable/satellite) has probably pushed that eventuality to a fait accompli.

Odo

Dude, you got an exceptionally mild push back on shipped vs. sold. If you think that's too harsh, you haven't seen Godwin's law broken in a youtube comments section on cat videos.

That said, it's probably becoming an academic point. Capcom shipped 6 mill because they expected to roughly sell through that figure...eventually. Sony's marketing push (I still see PS4 MHW commercials when I visit those with cable/satellite) has probably pushed that eventuality to a fait accompli.
No, I didn't got a push back on shipped vs sold, I got a "you're posting this just to make us suffer" reaction which I replied that you guys are sort of MHW haters for no reason: that's my mild push back. Matt said that I "want us to suffer and rub our noes in it" which I believe that it's what all you MH fans think that I was doing, sharing news to hurt you cause it's not on Switch, right?

To not make you guys suffer, I'm no more sharing news. I'm no angry though .. No point in posting about things that community doesn't care about or doesn't appreciate. I get it.

EvilTw1n

No, I didn't got a push back on shipped vs sold, I got a "you're posting this just to make us suffer" reaction which I replied that you guys are sort of MHW haters for no reason: that's my mild push back. Matt said that I "want us to suffer and rub our noes in it" which I believe that it's what all you MH fans think that I was doing, sharing news to hurt you cause it's not on Switch, right?

To not make you guys suffer, I'm no more sharing news. I'm no angry though .. No point in posting about things that community doesn't care about or doesn't appreciate. I get it.
So...you were gonna ignore Joog's point that Matt was also responding to? OK, I guess.

No matter, we have some more hard data now.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e180305.html

Capcom lists 7.5 million shipped, but quotes approximately 7.0 million players. Which is a damn impressive haul.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!

That felt like the Tone behind your post and if I missed read that I am sorry about that. You weren’t playing the game, and I have been closely keeping up with it all and I appreciated the informative parts of your post. The rest did read like “PS4 is killing and y’all don’t have MH”.

I’m also cool about it all you don’t have to respond because if I did misread then I wanna apoligze for that. :mthumb:

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I had been skeptical of the shipped numbers because I felt that was just Capcom creating an aura of success around Monster Hunter as part of their marketing campaign, which journalists were eager to pick up. Having played the series in the long term, I had a sense that there wasn't anything in this game that truly merited a new kind of mainstream appeal that wasn't in the series before, as it is still as inaccessible to newcomers as ever. After all, it's still a game about beating dinosaurs for 30 minutes with no indication of progress (for the uninitiated that don't know that monster parts breaking are the real health bars in these games).

But if they've gotten 7M people to play the game at least once, that's a success. Because the whole deal with Monster Hunter is that you either love it or you don't care for it, and if they can find at least 4M of those 7M to come back and buy the G rank expansion 2 years from now, and to be excited about Monster Hunter 6 four years from now, that's a huge win. The success of the past games in the series wasn't just the millions of copies they sold, it's that they would sell the same numbers every time a new game came out. Even Street Fighter V is only finding its footing now that Arcade Edition was released.

If they can find a way to put it on Switch and instantly sell another 4M to the people that play it for the portability of it, though, that'll be the true pinnacle of the series in terms of profit (since World was more expensive to make and market than the previous games).

Odo

So...you were gonna ignore Joog's point that Matt was also responding to? OK, I guess.

No matter, we have some more hard data now.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e180305.html

Capcom lists 7.5 million shipped, but quotes approximately 7.0 million players. Which is a damn impressive haul.
Which point? You mean this:

"Stop falling for the shipped units meme! I could write a novel and ship 10 million copies to some warehouse, but that doesn't mean anybody actually bought it."

I don't know if he was just having a general reaction or if he was saying that I don't know the difference between sold and shipped. I don't think he was saying the latter, because everybody knows me around here and you guys know that I'm not that ignorant.

Anyway, those are all the sort of reactions that I got from just quoting news: single copy and paste post. I wasn't trying to prove anything. That's why I assumed that you guys are really bitter (which I get and I don't judge, we have feelings for video games right?) and that my "shipping numbers" posts aren't helping.

That's why I said that you guys are acting like underage haters. I don't mean to offend either. I also act like an youtube hater too whenever I see how they changed FE into that anime fan-service game since I'm so into FE like you guys are into MH.

I didn't mean to offend either, @mattavelle1, you know how I use exaggerating adjectives when I write, specially in a place that I feel comfortable talking. In other places, I usually keep posting like a 19th century gentleman or keeping my opinions to myself to avoid the soviet moderators.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Which point? You mean this:

"Stop falling for the shipped units meme! I could write a novel and ship 10 million copies to some warehouse, but that doesn't mean anybody actually bought it."

I don't know if he was just having a general reaction or if he was saying that I don't know the difference between sold and shipped. I don't think he was saying the latter, because everybody knows me around here and you guys know that I'm not that ignorant.
It was a general reaction. I should have added a break after my first paragraph since that's the only one I meant as a direct reply to you. But I did feel like Capcom was pushing the shipped numbers to create a premature narrative of success around Monster Hunter World since they know that journalists and social media feed from hype, and a lot of people got caught in it. I have a friend who didn't like the game back when it was on the PSP but still bought World. He keeps wanting to talk to me about the shipped numbers, but he hasn't played the game yet. I know him well enough to know he'll never buy another Monster Hunter until it gets caught in the hype cycle again.

Odo

It was a general reaction. I should have added a break after my first paragraph since that's the only one I meant as a direct reply to you. But I did feel like Capcom was pushing the shipped numbers to create a premature narrative of success around Monster Hunter World since they know that journalists and social media feed from hype, and a lot of people got caught in it. I have a friend who didn't like the game back when it was on the PSP but still bought World. He keeps wanting to talk to me about the shipped numbers, but he hasn't played the game yet. I know him well enough to know he'll never buy another Monster Hunter until it gets caught in the hype cycle again.
Yeah, lots of people will pick it up thinking that the game is some sort of action title.

It's the same thing Nintendo tried to do with XCX. I remember Regie saying that the game was 'a great and huge open world masterpiece like Zelda' urging players to buy it. Well, it's not, it's a deep RPG, and I saw many people out there hating the game after buying.

I think the same will happen with MHW

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I few weeks late but, fuck it. Monster Hunter World players celebrate the return of a "beloved" Monster from previous games.

@mattavelle1 @Juegos
I haven't gotten a chance to fight him yet. I'm really excited to see it duking it out with the Bazelgeuse. The Bazel was basically the new bully of high rank. He follows you to every quest, dropping napalm on your from the air. I'm pretty sure they were going for an Apocalypse Now feel.

I can't wait to see the Deviljho show up and tell him about himself.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!

No joke, this second video came out this morning. I can't say one way or the other since I have not played MHW, but it looks like Jho got a lot meaner.
Which is crazy it got worse because the Apex Savage Deviljo is by far the hardest monster I’ve faced in my time with the MH series.

Koenig

The Architect
Which is crazy it got worse because the Apex Savage Deviljo is by far the hardest monster I’ve faced in my time with the MH series.
Even the Apex Rajang?...

(Imagine if Monsters could legitimately team up? As in a Deviljho charges into the area with a rajang riding his back, shooting lasers all the way.)