Monster Hunter XX

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
Aye. Is there a way to download the app onto the PC? Or do I need to have a smart phone to use it?
you need an app, I should just send you an old deactivated phone lol... it doesn't have to have service, you can just use wifi.. send me your address I have some old devices I can send you one... it should work... just use it like a small tablet

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Since the core MH is going to PS4, maybe capcom will cook a handheld MH for Nintendo later.
After XX and seeing how there makin MHW I don't know if I wanna have what there cookin anymore. Hell to make a joke at this point cookin is probably not gonna be a thing in MH soon to make sure the dumb westerners can understand it.

Koenig

The Architect
After XX and seeing how there makin MHW I don't know if I wanna have what there cookin anymore. Hell to make a joke at this point cookin is probably not gonna be a thing in MH soon to make sure the dumb westerners can understand it.
Even MHW still has Cooking mate. If we assume the 4chan rumor is true, then Capcom does intend to continue making the "traditional monster hunter" on Nintendo's systems.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Even MHW still has Cooking mate. If we assume the 4chan rumor is true, then Capcom does intend to continue making the "traditional monster hunter" on Nintendo's systems.
No flexing / no stopping to gather / switching loadouts in the middle of the hunt when your weapons don't do the "disired damage" / calling in buddies when your getting rekt single player / machine gun ammo / when monsters get angry you can just lead them to a more convinant location to fight them and they just follow / no more "arenas or areas to fight" it's just open world with numbers / damage numbers.

Yeah it's far from "traditional" in my opinion.

Also you must have missed the "to make a joke" part about the cookin in my post.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Every time this thread updates I keep expecting news that its being localized, which is not ok. I aint losing this bet even if its for the greater good
@Goodtwin

You heard him, GT. Better do something about it, or you owe this fucker Rocket League.

Maybe @EvilTw1n can step in to even things out, as well as provide donuts for everyone. We dont want popcorn for this. We need some fucking donuts for this shit...oh and Donut himself.

Koenig

The Architect
@Koenig I am serious about sending you an old android phone if you want it... Even if you don't use it as a phone, you can get apps and such
Thank you! As much as I dislike smart phones, I would be a fool not to take you up on this offer! Send me a PM and we can work out the details. At the very least and if all else fails, I can use this when Nintendo's online service roles around and to help me study for MHXX, in the event it is never localized.

Last edited:

Odo

A friend of mine used to play many Japanese games back in the SNES days. He said that it was no problem at all. You get used to it. I bet you guys will do fine since you usually play 999h of MH. You'll master the game before 100h.

Koenig

The Architect
Now I just need to figure out a way to jerryrig the data from generations so i can transfer the data from my english copy to the transfer tool for XX.

FriedShoes

MLG
capped some footage today. Used Twitch export and its kinda ugly, gonna just directly save it to my computer next time.
But yes, over 36 hours into the game and it has been pretty ok to get through for an EOP like myself.
You know, typical monster hunter stuff, once you get into the grind not even a language barrier can stop you. I really like this game so far, but I havent really taken advantage of any of the new mechanics in the game just yet save Prowler mode, which is pretty awesome. Havent tried any other styles yet, I wanna see some video tutorials of them before checking it out.

Some resources I've been using are the Google Translate app in conjunction with Kiranico for figuring out where to find crafting parts for weapons and armor, as well as Gaijinhunter and various MH Generations videos, since most of that stuff is very much intact. I've also had this open on a tab http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MHXX:Canteen for the food buff stuff, just cross referencing the characters. You can see me eat at the beginning of the video, the menu is different from 3U or 4U. The middle portion denotes the skills you'll get, which is most important for me. The top skill is pretty much always gonna be locked to that food you eat, the bottom skill changes, I think. There are Canteen quests to upgrade the cooking items but idk what they are so I've just been completing every quest.

I've created 2 complete armor sets already and some weapons. There are still a lot of things left for me to figure out, but I think the basics I have pretty down pat.

Koenig

The Architect
If it is anything like it was in generations, you could get there by traveling to the "Guild" at the top right of the sheep town. However I am not sure if the towns are the same in MHXX.

Koenig

The Architect
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the game, @mattavelle1

I really wish the 3DS was not region locked. If all my roomates/local friends could play the game on their 3DS's I would be hopping on the japanese version in a heartbeat.

100-hour mark passed

I have slowly but surely been breaking open the game to my EOP mind.
I've been online quite a bit. I'm HR 5 now, which is some level into High Rank. Had to get there mostly on my own since the lobbies seem to be locking up these days. Urgent Quest was the most annoying Plesioth ever, made me long for underwater fights to return.

Haven't been online for my own sake since other than to hunt with Matt, which was great stuff.
Instead I've been working through the village and figuring out some more of the systems in play surrounding it, as well as crafting several more weapons and armor sets. I've found the farm/trader, upgraded it so that I can duplicate some honey/bugs/mushrooms while doing my hunts. I've started hiring palicoes and training them so that they arent so useless on hunts. Upgraded my kitchen and remembering certain recipes for max efficacy. Created a Hunter Card using the best background hunter points could buy.

In general I've pretty much found the groove in the game, to the point where its flowing real nicely and not hindering my ability to get into hunts.

I've gravitated back to lances. Fitted with the right arts, they feel so damn good in this game. Been experimenting with some Styles and Arts and am actually slowly becoming a fan of them all. I aint touching Brave or Prowler modes just yet, but those look like real fun too.
A bit tapped out after farming a high rank Nargacuga. Afterward had to figure out some of my charms and gems but was able to fit it all up right. Now I've got a decent evasion set. Crit Eye +3, Evasion +1, Evade Extender. Oof, all thats left is actually getting good at evading.

Might have to make some Guard armor just in case, I've been getting too comfortable playing that way recently.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!

100-hour mark passed

I have slowly but surely been breaking open the game to my EOP mind.
I've been online quite a bit. I'm HR 5 now, which is some level into High Rank. Had to get there mostly on my own since the lobbies seem to be locking up these days. Urgent Quest was the most annoying Plesioth ever, made me long for underwater fights to return.

Haven't been online for my own sake since other than to hunt with Matt, which was great stuff.
Instead I've been working through the village and figuring out some more of the systems in play surrounding it, as well as crafting several more weapons and armor sets. I've found the farm/trader, upgraded it so that I can duplicate some honey/bugs/mushrooms while doing my hunts. I've started hiring palicoes and training them so that they arent so useless on hunts. Upgraded my kitchen and remembering certain recipes for max efficacy. Created a Hunter Card using the best background hunter points could buy.

In general I've pretty much found the groove in the game, to the point where its flowing real nicely and not hindering my ability to get into hunts.

I've gravitated back to lances. Fitted with the right arts, they feel so damn good in this game. Been experimenting with some Styles and Arts and am actually slowly becoming a fan of them all. I aint touching Brave or Prowler modes just yet, but those look like real fun too.
A bit tapped out after farming a high rank Nargacuga. Afterward had to figure out some of my charms and gems but was able to fit it all up right. Now I've got a decent evasion set. Crit Eye +3, Evasion +1, Evade Extender. Oof, all thats left is actually getting good at evading.

Might have to make some Guard armor just in case, I've been getting too comfortable playing that way recently.
I got some armor now and a more decent weapon. I've also been working the village quest like a madman, but I'll be ready to get back online soon.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
My interpretation of the bet is that ANY official western localization announcement before Rocket League gets released means GoodTwin wins the bet. I don't think that one above counts yet, though. But now it feels like it might happen.

Oh I dont think this counts towards the bet at all, I'll fight anyone on that, just throwing the story out there because it does sound like an announcement is more likely now than it was before.
Makes the wager more interesting when the outcomes are on equal footing.

But I still got this in the bag, lol. Like hell Capcom is gonna shoot World in the foot in any way or form. :mlaugh:

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I know @FriedShoes's game. He picks them back up so he can knock them down again. @Goodtwin is like those guys in street fighter that get backed into a corner, then get the slightest space so they think they are getting out, and get full combo'd when they do try to get out.

Goodtwin

The question now is for those who purchased the Japanese version; would you double dip for the localized version?

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Only if my save data transfered over somehow. Otherwise will hope that its possible to at least connect worldwide. Otherwise I'll just find some other games to play.

Goodtwin

Too many good games on Switch. Not desperate enough to gut it out. Fuck Capcom, good luck selling Worlds in the volume needed to make big profit. Nobody on PS4 and X1 will care about it in the West, and PS4 has about 6 million users in Japan.

Goodtwin

best fuck you would be to help make XX match World sales, facts.
Worlds may already struggle to outsell the 3DS build of XX, and the budget difference is sgnificant.

Sales of Ultra Street Fighter 2 should have been enough to greenlight XX localization. Not to mention sales history for the series in 3DS. The decision is a deliberate fuck you from Capcom. They chose to make Worlds for the PS4 userbase, and would prefer to push people towards those platforms rather than appease MH fans in the West with a localized XX. They want to starve us of MH on Switch in hopes we buy Worlds elsewhere.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
best fuck you would be to help make XX match World sales, facts.
Do you always pay prostitutes to shit in your bed?
Too many good games on Switch. Not desperate enough to gut it out. Fuck Capcom, good luck selling Worlds in the volume needed to make big profit. Nobody on PS4 and X1 will care about it in the West, and PS4 has about 6 million users in Japan.
...I still might be desperate enough to let Capcom shit in my bed.

Not yet, though.

Odo

When capcom was developing MHW, Wii U was going down the pan and NSW didn't exist. The natural move was to make it a game for the market leader: PS4. Doesn't it make sense?

Besides, PS4 may hit 100m in a couple of years, I don't see MHW not making enough profit. It's high time the franchise turned into something more worldwide and less niche, right? PS4 is the best platform to try to do that.

In case MHW fails, which is unlikely I reckon, capcom can just translate XX and the fans on Nintendo will throw easy money at them or they can just release Street Fighter more 4 times and NSW users will buy them all and capcom will be rich again releasing retro material and MH in PS2 engine. Win win situation in all cases, no?

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
When capcom was developing MHW, Wii U was going down the pan and NSW didn't exist. The natural move was to make it a game for the market leader: PS4. Doesn't it make sense?

Besides, PS4 may hit 100m in a couple of years, I don't see MHW not making enough profit. It's high time the franchise turned into something more worldwide and less niche, right? PS4 is the best platform to try to do that.

In case MHW fails, which is unlikely I reckon, capcom can just translate XX and the fans on Nintendo will throw easy money at them or they can just release Street Fighter more 4 times and NSW users will buy them all and capcom will be rich again releasing retro material and MH in PS2 engine. Win win situation in all cases, no?
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/10/2...ps-4-1-million-sales-2-million-expected-mhxx/

4.1 million is not niche LMAO and this is just the number from what some argue is one of the worse MH games.

So while this may all work out for yourself personally @Odo its far from a win win situation for many of us here. Does this sound like a win win sitiustion for someone who #1 franchise right now is MH and a big reason why I bought a Switch.

Here my personal win win situation.

Capcom releases SF2UE on Switch and says it’s a test. I buy it to support them because I’m still pumped about MH coming. And this is what options they left many of us for MH.

1. Import a game you can’t read which I did. And now I need to make armor and weapons and you need menus for that because it’s so intricate.

2. Buy a new console then pay there online subscription THEN buy MHW so you can play a new MH game in English.

Yeah this isn’t a win win not even close to it. And don’t worry about Capcom, there is no telling how much Sony gave them for MH to come back and to insure they wouldn’t get crushed in Japan by Nintendo, but only trounced.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Yeah, MonHun is a cash cow for Capcom. The "grind for the sake of the grind"-type of game definitely was niche when the series launched, but now it's the central mechanic in Destiny, and the MH routinely puts up multi-million sales. It's still not what I'd call mainstream, though. And that's part of Capcom's rationale, I'm sure - turn MH from cash cow into lucrative blockbuster. And since they've basically been iterating on PS2-ish visuals this whole time, it makes sense for them to pounce when Sony makes them a good offer. The business case makes sense.

...with one glaring exception. It's a series that does well on handheld, with a strong home base in Japan, but that needed pushed into the HD era. Hmm. Could there be an HD console that also works as a handheld that is also huge in Japan...?

(I'm sure the game will sell well enough on PS4. But I'd wager Switch could have a higher ceiling for the series.)