Monster Hunter XX

Goodtwin

Almost down to a month. Looking forward to apprenticing under you Monster Hunter legends. Its so nice to join in, and have step by step directions on building armour, potions, meals and so on. Hopefully the Japanese build will be playable with Generations, but its Capcom, so im not holding my breath.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Almost down to a month. Looking forward to apprenticing under you Monster Hunter legends. Its so nice to join in, and have step by step directions on building armour, potions, meals and so on. Hopefully the Japanese build will be playable with Generations, but its Capcom, so im not holding my breath.
I’m not holding my breath either, and that’s just freakin ridiculous

Koenig

The Architect
Almost down to a month. Looking forward to apprenticing under you Monster Hunter legends. Its so nice to join in, and have step by step directions on building armour, potions, meals and so on.
Having a group of friend guide you through will make things immensely easier, although I worry it might take some of the charm away. Half the fun of the game is getting thrown head first into the grinder.

Hopefully the Japanese build will be playable with Generations, but its Capcom, so im not holding my breath.
I also doubt it. Hopefully @FriedShoes will come to his senses and join us regardless though. It would be a shame not to have the whole crew back together.

Koenig

The Architect
@Goodtwin If you are einterested in getting a primer on the games before Gen Ultimate comes out, I highly reccomend watching pro-Jarred's video introduction to the series.

Likewise if there is a particular weapon you want to try, any of Erekz's or gajinhunter's video will be a tremendous help.

(example: Charge Blade)

Goodtwin

@Goodtwin If you are einterested in getting a primer on the games before Gen Ultimate comes out, I highly reccomend watching pro-Jarred's video introduction to the series.

Likewise if there is a particular weapon you want to try, any of Erekz's or gajinhunter's video will be a tremendous help.

(example: Charge Blade)
I have a little experience from playing MH3 Ultimate on Wii U, but compared to most of you guys, I have very little experience. Only in MH is 100 hours considered very little time played.

After reading impressions from @Juegos on World, I didn't expect this much salt, tbh.
at first it was indifference, but I worked myself into a salt brick by making a silly thread on IGN. I MEAN SOMEONE HAD THE GALL TO SAY THE FLAGSHIPS IN XX WERE SHIT DAWG FUCK OFF
*ahem*
I think I managed to anger a pretty decent metaphor through that though: MHXX is like your top of the line crack and World, thus far (extremely imo) is your tasteless coffee at the methadone clinic. They are two very divergent forms of the main series, and I have realized that I prefer the more fast, arcadey, over the top, content filled, and creative path (XX) than I do your Hunting Simulator 2000 (world).
This is purely me, I've said in the past that Doom was the first game I basically played as a child so I've played every game since with that mindset. How fast and effective and creative can I be with obliterating this obstacle? This is something more readily achievable in XX for me.
Now I know a few of us played it but didnt get all that into the styles and arts, which were the game changer I needed, so my opinion hits cold. This is just how I'm feeling rn.

Damn so It gets THIS much better?!!
might have been a bad day, but fuck man, I dont ever remember it being this bad in previous games. And, god bless them, its all in the service to try to make online cooler, but they couldnt do it.
Online is basically handled through something called Online Sessions. It allows you to add up to 16 friends to hang out, doing quests at their own free will, maybe joining up together in the gathering hub to do some group hunts, whatever. Its a neat idea. It almost never worked properly. We invited each other to sessions, and the invites did nothing. We searched using the Friend Sessions tab, nobody appeared. We finally group up in a session, and it randomly kicks me offline at some point and I cant get back in, so we have to reset the session. This happened multiple times, and according to the error message, it wasnt my fault, its some fucking server bug thats been there since the PS4?? Bad.

I think the quest system in the hub is shit. For now at least, I havent gotten far enough to know for sure, Jueg can correct me here, but there's no Hub-specific questline. HR is handled differently, I think entirely through the single player, and as such the only quests that were available to post were story quests we had unlocked and optional quests that related to those. So I dont believe you can simply load up a game and got the hub and start working your way up the ranks like you could in other monster hunter games, you're locked to your story progress. Pretty fucking lame.

whats cool is that you can do story quests in multiplayer. I mean, the option is there, but good luck having it work the way it is meant to. Story quests have horrendous cutscenes that must be viewed by the poster before anyone else is allowed to join. So, for instance, Kark loaded up a quest, we waited for the cutscenes to finish, and then we attempted to join the quest after. Despite the quest now being un-greyed out, it just gave us error messages. We never were able to join the quest as you normally would. Instead, Karkashan watched the cutscenes, quit the quest, and then loaded it up again, so we could now all join in at once. HORRIBLE.

fuck, even joining a quest takes a complicated turn. Before there was a quest board that popped up with a poster's quest that you could join easily, maybe expending 2 A-button presses. But since Sessions exist to hold more players, and ideally more quests, this board is gone. Now you go to the quest book where you normally post quests, navigate to join quest, navigate to the right quest type, the right quest, double confirm and triple confirm using the ready up function.phew.
its a mess imo.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
(reposting)

Wow, the demo was annoying more than fun. They doing that Capcom thing where they've got semi decent armor, crappy weapons, and 1.5x the health, while limiting the quest time by half.

It'll be nice to get the full release and not have to stick with their shit loadouts.

praisegrima

simplyTravis

Lamer Gamers Podcast Co-Host
I was kinda bummed out by the demo. I really needed a refresher on how to play than throwing me in there to smack things around on easy mode. I'm pretty sure I'm going to use the Insect Glaive because it's fun to pole vault over baddies and ride them. It feels a lot smoother than MH4 in the 3DS too! Now if only I remembered the intricacies of how to use the damn thing.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
The demo does indeed suck. GU the full game will not be indicative of that. It’s really great and it has 91 monsters if I’m not mistaken. Havin played XX I can firmly say the game will totally out play the demo.

Koenig

The Architect
I was kinda bummed out by the demo. I really needed a refresher on how to play than throwing me in there to smack things around on easy mode. I'm pretty sure I'm going to use the Insect Glaive because it's fun to pole vault over baddies and ride them. It feels a lot smoother than MH4 in the 3DS too! Now if only I remembered the intricacies of how to use the damn thing.
Here ya go!

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I've been trying to beat the Valstrax solo but he's just got an insane amount of health. I haven't seen him limp, if he even limps.