Monster Hunter XX

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I got really close. The Valstrax limped his way to the top of the mountain to sleep. I want to beat him just to prove that I can, but goddamn he's such a boring fight. Compared to other flagship monsters of the series, like Brachydios and Seregios, he's extremely disappointing. Are the other new monsters from Generations better?

Koenig

The Architect
I got really close. The Valstrax limped his way to the top of the mountain to sleep. I want to beat him just to prove that I can, but goddamn he's such a boring fight. Compared to other flagship monsters of the series, like Brachydios and Seregios, he's extremely disappointing. Are the other new monsters from Generations better?
I loved the Glavenus and Mizutsuni.

Goodtwin

I have played the demo for a couple hunts, and......are the visuals really this blah in this game? Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate on Wii U made some terrific use of color, so while the overall quality of visuals is comparable on a technical level, the artistic direction feels really dull to me so far. I know this game isn't about the visuals, but Tri Ultimate always looked great to me, just in a dated sort of way. So for those of you who have played the entire Japanese build, do the locales get pretty interesting? Of is this going to be a dreary game?

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I have played the demo for a couple hunts, and......are the visuals really this blah in this game? Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate on Wii U made some terrific use of color, so while the overall quality of visuals is comparable on a technical level, the artistic direction feels really dull to me so far. I know this game isn't about the visuals, but Tri Ultimate always looked great to me, just in a dated sort of way. So for those of you who have played the entire Japanese build, do the locales get pretty interesting? Of is this going to be a dreary game?
Personally I really liked the locations because they had a lot of maps from MH3U / 4U and to see those on the big screen again is worth my admission cost. Does the game look like a blown up 3DS game tho, yeah it can but I wouldn’t put the levels in the demo as hit maps for me personally.

Guys, it has to be said.
Dont buy this game. Dont give Capcom your money for something so lazily done, so spitefully done, done in such a way as to deter any interest in future installments of the series on Switch. Its not worth the time or effort to get good at it if nothing will come of it. Just dont buy the game.

This has nothing to do with the bet I currently have going with Karkashan, which each day I'm further assured I'm winning. Just have a little self respect for yourselves. Dont buy this game, dont let your friends and family buy it, shitpost about it on Twitter/ResetEra/4chan like I do on a daily basis. This game must not be a success.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
at first it was indifference, but I worked myself into a salt brick by making a silly thread on IGN. I MEAN SOMEONE HAD THE GALL TO SAY THE FLAGSHIPS IN XX WERE SHIT DAWG FUCK OFF
*ahem*
I think I managed to anger a pretty decent metaphor through that though: MHXX is like your top of the line crack and World, thus far (extremely imo) is your tasteless coffee at the methadone clinic. They are two very divergent forms of the main series, and I have realized that I prefer the more fast, arcadey, over the top, content filled, and creative path (XX) than I do your Hunting Simulator 2000 (world).
This is purely me, I've said in the past that Doom was the first game I basically played as a child so I've played every game since with that mindset. How fast and effective and creative can I be with obliterating this obstacle? This is something more readily achievable in XX for me.
Now I know a few of us played it but didnt get all that into the styles and arts, which were the game changer I needed, so my opinion hits cold. This is just how I'm feeling rn.
Huh, that's interesting. Because yeah, I didn't get into the arts at all, really. For me, XX didn't feel really that different than any other MH game, aside from the self-imposed difficulty of the crap armor this time.
I liked the Valstrax, but the calling card is the unexpected fly-back attack. The Gammoth is pretty meh. The Astalos and Glavenus are pretty good, IMO, but you might not dig 'em the same way, because they do have the older MH style of attack patterns. Get used to sheathing.

That Bloodbath Diablos is one I need to play, though...
The Valtrax's area isn't the nicest, but I really dig the area where you fight the Barioth. You pretty much get a bunch of 3U and 4U locations tossed in, with some added low ledges to jump off and mount monsters. There's a swampy area in particular that must've been pulled from an earlier MH that is ass, but the rest of them are good, IMO.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Personally I really liked the locations because they had a lot of maps from MH3U / 4U and to see those on the big screen again is worth my admission cost. Does the game look like a blown up 3DS game tho, yeah it can but I wouldn’t put the levels in the demo as hit maps for me personally.
Just based on the demo, I'm not excited about the new maps and monsters. But all they needed to hook me in was to give me all the 4U maps and monsters in HD on the big screen.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Just based on the demo, I'm not excited about the new maps and monsters. But all they needed to hook me in was to give me all the 4U maps and monsters in HD on the big screen.
4U is still the best MH a game outta the ones I have played. GU is flatter, and the monsters are much more aggressive to the point of being cheap sometimes. This MH is not for the faint of heart, 3 man is the new 2 man in this game for sure.

Koenig

The Architect
I still miss water combat and the map design (routes, not verticality that is) from MH3U. Yes, I know the controls were somewhat borked in the re-release, but the amount it added to traversal, combat, and aesthetics are something I sorely miss in MH4U and MHGen.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I beat this busted ass Valstrax. Even his name is stupid - Valfalk was so much better. I opened the quest menu expecting to have 1 second left and to lose the fight, but that last hit before I did this actually killed him with 12 seconds left. It did feel good to git gud and barely beat a boss like this, I won't deny it. Even when the monsters suck, Monster Hunter is a lot of fun.

Last edited:

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
I beat this busted ass Valstrax. Even his name is stupid - Valfalk was so much better. I opened the quest menu expecting to have 1 second left and to lose the fight, but that last hit before I did this actually killed him with 12 seconds left. It did feel good to git gud and barely beat a boss like this, I won't deny it. Even when the monsters suck, Monster Hunter is a lot of fun.
Don't forget to charge your controller.

praisegrima

aaah, with every passing day the doubt sets in. I've seeded it in every medium, in every avenue, in every mind. This game will flop, and your boy will be $20 richer

Koenig

The Architect
Oh boy do I expect this game to flop; between releasing it two years late, discontinuing the 3DS version and launching it in Monster Hunter Worlds shadow, Capcom has practically gone out of there way to ensure that the game fails to sell well. . .

I am still buying it though, and I expect the same from the rest of you!

I have a trip coming up in September so I'm probably not buying this until I come back from that.
GOOD GOOD

guys, in these final days, let it be known Capcom is already preparing for this game to flop. Dont spend your money for a half-assed effort, they already want it to fail, you wont be changing anyone's mind. Join me, dont buy, and help your fellow boi take $20 from Karkashan

BobSilencieux

I've only ever bought one Monster Hunter game - Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii - and that game is still sealed in its original cellophane wrapper, so I think it's fair to say I have absolutely zero interest in the series.

But this... I dunno, this just seems like a cause I can really get behind. So sign me up for two copies.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
GOOD GOOD

guys, in these final days, let it be known Capcom is already preparing for this game to flop. Dont spend your money for a half-assed effort, they already want it to fail, you wont be changing anyone's mind. Join me, dont buy, and help your fellow boi take $20 from Karkashan
We bought 156 copies. We're going to dress up like Santa and hand them out at the local homeless shelter.
Yes, they may not have a Switch to play it on, but we'll look so stylish and benevolent while we pass them out.
And really, that's what matters.
#ImAGoodPerson

Goodtwin

I've only ever bought one Monster Hunter game - Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii - and that game is still sealed in its original cellophane wrapper, so I think it's fair to say I have absolutely zero interest in the series.

But this... I dunno, this just seems like a cause I can really get behind. So sign me up for two copies.
Have you given the demo a chance? I recommend playing with some other members here, the game is terrific when played in a group.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
@mattavelle1 So how does the difficulty measure in GU? Were most of our problems in XX down to the language barrier preventing us from having top-tier armor and weapons?
This a lot! 2 mans of high G ranked monsters now feels more like our 2mans in 4. All that said this game is harder, the monsters are just more in “wreak you mode” more often.

Koenig

The Architect
@mattavelle1 So how does the difficulty measure in GU? Were most of our problems in XX down to the language barrier preventing us from having top-tier armor and weapons?
Speaking from my experience, g rank feels more like high rank, Hyper G rank feels like easier versions of appex, and devient monsters tend to be the most difficult.

Then their are EX quests which I cannot compare to any MH fight before, DEAR GOD THEY CAN ONE SHOT YOU FROM 1000+ defense!

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
This a lot! 2 mans of high G ranked monsters now feels more like our 2mans in 4. All that said this game is harder, the monsters are just more in “wreak you mode” more often.
Speaking from my experience, g rank feels more like high rank, Hyper G rank feels like easier versions of appex, and devient monsters tend to be the most difficult.

Then their are EX quests which I cannot compare to any MH fight before, DEAR GOD THEY CAN ONE SHOT YOU FROM 1000+ defense!
Interesting. Just curious. Seems like some of the difficulty with XX was self-imposed, but not all of it.

(Maybe if GU hits the bargain bin I'd bite, but meh at $60.)