Motion Sickness and Headaches

Odo

Everybody has read that warning:

Beware! Motion Sickness bla bla bla too much playing bla bla bla

So,

Have anybody here ever got motion sickness while playing games?
Headaches?
Does any sort of game make you sick?

Well, I sometimes get a headache when I'm playing action games with bad camera controls. One of the reasons that made me dislike Epic Mickey was headaches. That game gave me a serious headache! I couldn't play it for more than 20 minutes.

When I'm stuck at puzzles in action 3D games I get headaches too. I mean, being really lost in a Zelda dungeon, trying to figure out the environment, checking the map too many times, going and coming, gives me a little headache sometimes.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Strangely, I've never suffered from this. Not with the Virtual Boy, the first Oculus Rift prototype, any 3D or 1st person game, stereoscopic 3D, nothing. I was born to play videogames. :msrs:

Koenig

The Architect
I have never had motion sickness from playing games, nor do they typically cause me headaches,
although the 3DS has caused some eye strain that lead to a brief head ache though. Granted, I think VR might very well change that assessment.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Since my eyes don't work in tandem they don't even really get tired from looking at electronics. If one eye starts to strain I just switch to the other one.

Sometimes Depth of Field in games can make me go "bwuh?" cause since I don't look with both eyes the way objects come in and out of focus is different than normal people.

praisegrima

weeman_com

Nope never had any headaches or motion sickness from games...

I have however had headaches from the length of time staring at a monitor or TV whether that was through watching TV or playing games.
I have also had sickness while playing a game, Terraria... YES... It was induced by *I think* the music, and if I even hear the music in a video per say on youtube, it can still induce a nauseated feeling.

Odo

Nope never had any headaches or motion sickness from games...

I have however had headaches from the length of time staring at a monitor or TV whether that was through watching TV or playing games.
I have also had sickness while playing a game, Terraria... YES... It was induced by *I think* the music, and if I even hear the music in a video per say on youtube, it can still induce a nauseated feeling.
That's new for me. The first time I see music making people sick

That's new for me. The first time I see music making people sick
I KNOWWW... its weird... like I played the game quite a bit but then all of a sudden I just started feeling sick playing the game and then every time I hear the music now I just feel sick again.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
The only game that ever made me feel nauseous was the original Prime. Which is odd, because I played Corruption first. Something about the platforming in the original made me woozy for like the first 4 hours I played it.

But I was fine after that. I didn't dig the sort of screen lurch in tandem with steps in DE:HR, though.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Not to my knowledge, anyway. Then again, perhaps the motion sickness caused some short-term memory loss, and I simply have no memory of it ever happening. Dem video games are corrupting our children, I tell you!!!