Motocross Enthusiast

Goodtwin

My wife bought me a Gopro for my b-day back in March. Im just now getting around to testing it out. That video is just some trail riding, and you cant tell from the video, but its actually really whooped out. Its really sandy soil, and the quads created 2-3 ft whoops throughout the entire trail. Im going to race a Motocross GP race on Sunday, so the video of that should be more entertaining, but this gives you an idea of what I do other than games.

Goodtwin

It was a rough race for me fellas. Right from the start, they didnt give us the same warm up time that they gave the first group, so my bike didnt want to fire so I started dead fucking last. I worked my way up through the pack past a few people, and then stalled out the bike in a tight turn. Bike was in gear, couldn't find neutral, and it took forever to get it to fire. Happened three times that day, and I finnally reached down and turned up my idle screw on the carb quite a bit. Solve the issue, but by that time I was exhausted. Im going to give it another go on Sunday. Im not great motocrosser or nothing, but i know I can do a lot better than my performance on Sunday. It was my brother in laws first time at this track, so all in all it was still fun, but I have to admit, after three stalls I was contemplating quitting. Im glad I did gut it out and finish, but now I really got a chip on my shoulder. Not to win or anything, although that would be incredible, but to walk away feeling good about my performance, and let the results play out as they will. Hopefully next weekends video will be a bit better, but this gives you an idea of what the track is like. I hadn't been there is years, so a lot of the jumps I wasn't confident about jumping, but the next time the majority of them should be no issue.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear

It was a rough race for me fellas. Right from the start, they didnt give us the same warm up time that they gave the first group, so my bike didnt want to fire so I started dead fucking last. I worked my way up through the pack past a few people, and then stalled out the bike in a tight turn. Bike was in gear, couldn't find neutral, and it took forever to get it to fire. Happened three times that day, and I finnally reached down and turned up my idle screw on the carb quite a bit. Solve the issue, but by that time I was exhausted. Im going to give it another go on Sunday. Im not great motocrosser or nothing, but i know I can do a lot better than my performance on Sunday. It was my brother in laws first time at this track, so all in all it was still fun, but I have to admit, after three stalls I was contemplating quitting. Im glad I did gut it out and finish, but now I really got a chip on my shoulder. Not to win or anything, although that would be incredible, but to walk away feeling good about my performance, and let the results play out as they will. Hopefully next weekends video will be a bit better, but this gives you an idea of what the track is like. I hadn't been there is years, so a lot of the jumps I wasn't confident about jumping, but the next time the majority of them should be no issue.

But seriously though, GT, keep it up, and you'll have this crap down no different than our COD, MH, NFS:MW, or MK8 sessions. Practice, practice, practice! :mhug:

Goodtwin

I think you guys will really get to see the progression. Like I said, even on my best days I am nothing special in motocross, but I am condient that in a few more races, it will be pretty easy to see vast improvement over this first race video. I am looking forward to Sunday, and hopefully I can create a pretty slick video from my GoPro footage this time.

Goodtwin

No video footage this week, I didnt realize that I actually turned it off instead of one. :-( On the brighter side, I did have a solid finish, came in 3rd out of the 8 people in my class. Considering I was a bit fuzzy from the beers I had the night prior, I was pretty happy with that. Had a horrible start, pretty much dead last, but once I got my bike to fire I was hunting them down pretty quickly. I tracked down two guys that I knew I had beaten two weeks ago, made the pass and started to gap them. I managed to stall the bike coming down a downhill off camber, and then struggled to get my bike to refire. Fucking bike fires up first 2-3 kicks whenever I dont need it to, but is a total bitch when I desperately need her to fire up. I lost two positions, but they didnt get to far ahead before I got my bike restarted, and then I knew if I pushed, I could track them down, and thats what I did. Tracked them both down, found spots to make a pass, and gaped them as quickly as possible. In motocross, even if your pace isnt that much faster than the person you are passing, you want them to think it is so they basically give up on you and settle back into their own pace. When someone is in front of you who is just a bit faster, then you will start pushing and it becomes a fight for the position. You want to pass them quick, and take all the fight right out of them in the process. I got to figure out who the fastest guy in our class is, and lineup next to him, hopefully my bike fires first kick, and then I will see what kind of pace it will take to win the race. I may or may not be able to hang with him, but until I can follow him I will never know.