[Multi] New Assassin's Creed games leaked

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/03/19/assassins-creed-unity-comet-allegedly-coming-this-fall

Basic gist is that two new Ass games are coming out this year. One, titled "Unity" for PS4 and Xbone, and one called "Comet" for PS360. The above pic I believe is Comet, and appears to be set in France.
Now, I'm loving Black Flag, and it was my first Ass Creed game, but even if one of these version appear on Wii U, I may pass. I'm enjoying the sailing mixed with small shanty towns and the scatter big city. Another game just set in a big city seems like a step backwards, and Ass 1 couldn't hold my attention (tried it on my friend's PS3). So I'd probably pass and stick with Black Flag as a "one off" for me. But, it is too early to tell what mechanics this game will have, since it's only a leak.
Thought?

Too many Ass Creed games. Gonna get genre fatigue.
If they can't introduce anything that really feels new, I can see it being DKC:TF all over again.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Still trying to wash away the bad taste of Ass3.

The Caribbean/pirate thing didn't really interest me for 4, but Paris during the revolution? That interests me. Too bad there's no word on a Wii U version.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
I bought AC3, and just didn't like it at all. So, I didn't even bother with AC4. But I do like the idea of Paris during the revolution.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Those screens are too real to be fake, so I'm going to say that the French Revolution is the main plotline for the next Assasssin's Creed. And the beauty of this is it'll be like ACII all over again in terms of the locations, the buildings and the climbing aspect. I absolutely loved the locations of ACII, so for the same type of big city set a couple hundred years later is right up my alley. :)
Whether or not it makes its way to Wii U is another story, but we'll see I guess. I would like for it to happen, especially since Ubi Soft have been onboard with the Wii U since the beginning, it would be dire news if they announced all future games wouldn't be making their way to the system.

Those screens are too real to be fake, so I'm going to say that the French Revolution is the main plotline for the next Assasssin's Creed. And the beauty of this is it'll be like ACII all over again in terms of the locations, the buildings and the climbing aspect. I absolutely loved the locations of ACII, so for the same type of big city set a couple hundred years later is right up my alley. :)
Whether or not it makes its way to Wii U is another story, but we'll see I guess. I would like for it to happen, especially since Ubi Soft have been onboard with the Wii U since the beginning, it would be dire news if they announced all future games wouldn't be making their way to the system.
I'm writing an article about Ubisoft and Wii U. But I hope they continue support.
Also, since a separate game is being made for ps360, there is really no reason to not have a U version. Despite U being stronger.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I just hope they finally add Prince of Persia mechanics, such as wall running. That always felt like a huge missed potential since I played AC2.

I just hope they finally add Prince of Persia mechanics, such as wall running. That always felt like a huge missed potential since I played AC2.
Y'know, Assassin's Creed could work and improve with some PoP in it :-?

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
Still waiting for ninjas. They're idiots for not doing that.
They can do for that Japan
OT: Even if they're not coming to the Wii-U, I'd probably still get these games eventually when they're like $20 or so. I'm still suffering from Assassin's Creed-overload so I'm kinda taking a break from the series

GaemzDood

I just want the extremely flexible combat system and gore from Prince of Persia: Warrior Within.
Also, I think the last generation version will come to Wii U.

Ex-Actarus

Unfortunately, I said it on NUMEROUS occasions, that I wasn't expecting Assassin's Creed on Wii U this time around ( same for Call of Duty ).
No Wii U mention at this stage, is not very encouraging...
That said, an Assassin's Creed set in France is very appealing.

Ex-Actarus

Now it's official, at least for the Next gen one.
Here is the teaser : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQng7EkJHOI
Very impressive to say the least.
The french Revolution ? LOVE IT !!!

Looks great, it's good that we are finally starting to get games that aren't been shackled by last gen. I hope Activision does the same thing with Call of Duty.

I have a feeling Wii U won't be getting an Ass game this year. But I'm really REALLY enjoying Black Flag. If V doesn't come to Wii U, I might consider picking up 3. But I often hear how bad it is.
Anyone care to give a brief reason why? Most reviewers gave it good scores so I need user feedback.

Looks great, it's good that we are finally starting to get games that aren't been shackled by last gen. I hope Activision does the same thing with Call of Duty.
I heard this year's CoD will be the first one that entirely focuses on PS4/Xbone/PC. But I still heard that last-gen machines might get it too. Maybe they're doing two different versions? I guess we'll find out at E3

Anyone care to give a brief reason why? Most reviewers gave it good scores so I need user feedback.
ACIII is not bad at all as a game, especially since it has in some ways even better GamePad support than BF. The modern day scenarios and glitches do tarnish the game, but it remains worth a shot if you can find a cheap U copy. If you don't mind the time period of the early days of America and some forests, then go for it. Even the T of GW DLC on eShop is worth a look if you like the main game. You'll need the time later this year for other U games...

I heard this year's CoD will be the first one that entirely focuses on PS4/Xbone/PC. But I still heard that last-gen machines might get it too. Maybe they're doing two different versions? I guess we'll find out at E3
they are focusing on the higher end in the same way Ubi is doing with Watch_Dogs. All consoles will have most franchises represented this year with this type of "focus"...

Shoulder

Now it's official, at lease for the Next gen one.

Not too bad. Not too bad at all. And based on that trailer, I think it answers the questions as to whether or not the Wii U would get AC Unity. Sounds to me if this other AC game is in the works for the last-gen consoles, the Wii U is more likely to get that version, but I'm wondering what's the main difference between Unity and Comet, especially if they're set in France?

Not too bad. Not too bad at all. And based on that trailer, I think it answers the questions as to whether or not the Wii U would get AC Unity. Sounds to me if this other AC game is in the works for the last-gen consoles, the Wii U is more likely to get that version, but I'm wondering what's the main difference between Unity and Comet, especially if they're set in France?
I'm thinking Comet would be a prequel/spinoff to the main story of Unity. Maybe how like the PS Vita got Liberations when the consoles got 3?
I'm just shooting shit here

ACIII is not bad at all as a game, especially since it has in some ways even better GamePad support than BF. The modern day scenarios and glitches do tarnish the game, but it remains worth a shot if you can find a cheap U copy. If you don't mind the time period of the early days of America and some forests, then go for it. Even the T of GW DLC on eShop is worth a look if you like the main game. You'll need the time later this year for other U games...
Thanks, I know enough about the modern story to understand what's going on with the assassin's and templars and stuff, but I don't know the details, and at this point, nor do I care.
Perhaps I'll look at it the summer or so when we learn if V is coming or not

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
ACIII just bored the living crap out of me. It's my first AssCreed game, so maybe it's just not my style. But it was just a laborious thing; the entire beginning felt like a long excuse for them to show off a neat title screen.

ACIII just bored the living crap out of me. It's my first AssCreed game, so maybe it's just not my style. But it was just a laborious thing; the entire beginning felt like a long excuse for them to show off a neat title screen.
ACIII is the worst start to a great franchise, you should probably give II or IV a go.

Ex-Actarus

Even if the Wii U is getting Comet, I think it will be a disappointment.

That means Ubi is not treating the Wii U as next gen platform.

As I said in other threads, it's better for the Wii U to get exclusive games from Ubi.

Could Prince of Persia and Beyond Good and Evil be exclusive for Wii U ?

I would love Nintendo to put some money on the table in order to achieve that.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
I'm 99% sure the console version of the game will not look as good as the trailer

GaemzDood

I just want the extremely flexible combat system and gore from Prince of Persia: Warrior Within.
sjmartin mad doe.

Ex-Actarus

I'm 99% sure the console version of the game will not look as good as the trailer
I have more hope now that this is next gen only game.
Black Flag was made for last gen consoles really.
That said, with the recent Watch Dogs downgrade, we should be careful indeed.

Goodtwin

Honestly Ubisoft can wait and see with a Wii U build of Comet. They arent spening more than a couple months on Wii U ports anymore, so if Wii U hardware sales spike with MK8, then I could see them dumping the code through the compiler, and slapping it on a disc. AC4 was only given attention on Wii U for the couple months prior to AC4 releasing.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018

It is next-gen only, so that does give hope, but Watch Dogs has two different development teams to take advantage of the PS4/XB1's hardware and the PS3/360's hardware and, well, with Watch Dogs being as downgraded as it is, I'm definitely cautiousIf the Wii U only gets Comet, and Comet is typically last gen only, then GG Nintendo, third party support is dead
So no different than it was with the Wii and N64?

ASuch

The Salt Master

It is next-gen only, so that does give hope, but Watch Dogs has two different development teams to take advantage of the PS4/XB1's hardware and the PS3/360's hardware and, well, with Watch Dogs being as downgraded as it is, I'm definitely cautiousIf the Wii U only gets Comet, and Comet is typically last gen only, then GG Nintendo, third party support is dead
Sure. Good bye meaningful sales.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018

I don't know what you were expecting...or why you even give a fuck. You have a gaming PC so what does it matter? That and why do you care how much it sells? It's Nintendo's job to worry about sales

Shoulder

Plot twist: It's the PC version that was shown.

ASuch

The Salt Master

I don't know what you were expecting...or why you even give a fuck. You have a gaming PC so what does it matter? That and why do you care how much it sells? It's Nintendo's job to worry about sales
i don't have a gaming pc, lol, it's an ASUS laptop
the sales of a console directly affect the amount of games put on the platform and more games = higher chance for high quality games
I want Nintendo to do well, I've been Nintendo only all my fucking life.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018

i don't have a gaming pc, lol, it's an ASUS laptop
the sales of a console directly affect the amount of games put on the platform and more games = higher chance for high quality games
I want Nintendo to do well, I've been Nintendo only all my fucking life.
You don't? I seriously thought you did
Even if the Wii-U sold a lot, it still wouldn't get those 3rd party games. Even if the Wii-U had the same specs, it still wouldn't get those 3rd party games. The GameCube got a good 60-70% so that's probably the most we'd expect from a Nintendo system with the specs
I want Nintendo to do well too but stuff like sales and finances are their problem. Not mine. So as long as they make enough to continue making games and systems and have the best handhelds around, I could careless about how well their home consoles do. That and, well, I've only once been Nintendo-only and that wasn't because of choice so I've always had access to 3rd party games that didn't make their way to Nintendo's home consoles and don't have too much of a reason to get upset

Ex-Actarus

If the Wii U only gets Comet, and Comet is typically last gen only, then GG Nintendo, third party support is dead

Activision, Warner Bros and Ubisoft were the last major 3rd party devs supporting the Wii U.

Now it's clear, Warner Bros and Ubisoft are dropping their support for Wii U. No Batman or Assassin's creed coming apparently. That's a HUGE loss !

Activision is still supporting the Wii U with Skylanders, Spiderman and Transformers. But will they keep supporting the Wii U with Call of Duty ? I don't think so...

So 3rd party support is pretty much dead.

Now I'm still hoping Nintendo will announce 3rd party exclusive games this E3.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Yeah, I don't think Nintendo waits to see how 3rd party sales are going before putting their games on their own console. Assassin's Creed 10 getting abysmal sales on Wii U won't stop the next Metroid from coming out (though Nintendo certainly might). I came to a conclusion not so long ago, that I don't care how much support the Wii U gets from now on. As long as I get a new Zelda and a new Metroid, I'll feel like I got what I came for. Any other game, I can pretty much get on PC.
I understand that people who only can get one console wish the Wii U to be successful so they can get both third party and first party games on the system, but I already have a PC and a Wii U so as long as I get what I want out of each one, the success of each platform can't concern me much.

Ex-Actarus

Yeah, I don't think Nintendo waits to see how 3rd party sales are going before putting their games on their own console. Assassin's Creed 10 getting abysmal sales on Wii U won't stop the next Metroid from coming out (though Nintendo certainly might). I came to a conclusion not so long ago, that I don't care how much support the Wii U gets from now on. As long as I get a new Zelda and a new Metroid, I'll feel like I got what I came for. Any other game, I can pretty much get on PC.
I understand that people who only can get one console wish the Wii U to be successful so they can get both third party and first party games on the system, but I already have a PC and a Wii U so as long as I get what I want out of each one, the success of each platform can't concern me much.
I understand where you're coming from because you have a PC and it makes sense as you have ALL the big 3rd party games really.
I don't know if you were a N64 and GC owner, I was, and I can tell lack of 3rd party support isn't fun !!!
You wait for MONTHS before getting important games while on the other consoles they get big games all the time.

It's ALWAYS the same story, gen after gen, Nintendo promises they won't be droughts and we end up getting droughts !
This drought is a direct result of lack of 3rd party support. Imagine if there was F-Zero GX, Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime HD.
I think people wouldn't be affected by the drought that much.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
I'm pretty sure most people here were N64, GC, and Wii owners at least one point in their lives so I'm sure we can feel your pain, Ex. When I was a Wii-only owner, I definitely remember going through long periods of time, waiting for big games. There were enough smaller ones to pass the time in-between major releases but that was about it. Aside from Nintendo, there were probably 3 or so 3rd party games that rivaled the efforts on the PS3/360 and even less that rivaled Nintendo's. However, tbh, I never had a problem with a lack of good games with the GC. If it wasn't for the SNES, I'd say it's Nintendo's best home console

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

I cant really give a shit because third parties have been dropping left and right and I lived through the N64 which imo is nintendo's worst console in terms of games lol.

There was really nothing if you werent a huge Mario/Zelda/Rare/Sports fan and NIntendo was buys cancelling games western titles left and right.

GCN and Wii were such big improvements over that period lol. ( All Iwata Baby :3)

WiiU's not gonna disappoint by that measure either.

If something doesnt come to the console Ill just get it on a PC or pick up another console at the end of the gen to get through the single player titles

Why do you guys put yourself through all this depression by hoping there will ever be one platform with all the games or features you could ever want to take advantage of any time soon? Clearly no platform has ever had that kind of support in the past so how do you come to expect it for the near future? Save yourself the emotions and just get other platforms as necessary. That's the instinctive move I made a few years back.

Why do you guys put yourself through all this depression by hoping there will ever be one platform with all the games or features you could ever want to take advantage of any time soon? Clearly no platform has ever had that kind of support in the past so how do you come to expect it for the near future? Save yourself the emotions and just get other platforms as necessary. That's the instinctive move I made a few years back.

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

True dat.

Even PS4 owners be mad that the console's not doing everything it should be doing and their DS4's are already breaking.

Me? Ill be sad if GGxrd or MGS5 dont come to WiiU or PC.

I'll have to get a PS4 for something other than Sony selling me on one.

These days Im really wary of sony to begin with lol.

Also a bit wary of buying a PC in a box and what that could lead to further down the line

But Nintendoom. It's a tradition to bash Nintendo and hype your "cooler" console. You know, Nintendo isn't the one with Bayonetta 2, X, Smash... oh wait... Nintendo fans don't go bashing and gloating nearly as much. I can't wait to see the internet on fire come Bayo2 release day...

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
sjmartin mad doe.
No, never mad. Would just prefer an actual PoP game instead of making AC more like PoP.
But I still stick by AC3 being terribly boring for the first x number of hours. I wanted to like it, but it's like the game had other ideas.

Ex-Actarus

But Nintendoom. It's a tradition to bash Nintendo and hype your "cooler" console. You know, Nintendo isn't the one with Bayonetta 2, X, Smash... oh wait... Nintendo fans don't go bashing and gloating nearly as much. I can't wait to see the internet on fire come Bayo2 release day...
Seriously, if you want to have a interesting discussion don't say that kind of stuff.
Nobody here said that the Wii U is uncool or that the Wii U doesn't have great games or upcoming great stuff.
NOBODY !!!
The discussion is about 3rd party support, and the Wii U has just a poor 3rd party support in comparison of the Xbox One and PS4.
This is not even something we should argue on, it's pure and simple fact.
We're talking about 3rd party support, your point ? Bayonetta 2, X and Smash,,, Seriously bro !