Multi-Platform Community Thread

Menashe

The Wii U CT is pretty popular, but we're expanding as a community and many of our members are no longer primarily Nintendo-focused. They want to focus on all areas of gaming. Gaming Enthusiast just got relaunched in January, and over the next eight months or so we're going to be pushing to build it up and attract even more community members through it.
So, we figured now would be a good time to make a place for gamers who don't necessarily want to talk about Nintendo every minute. If you really appreciate PC, PS4, Vita, or Xbox One, consider making this a new place to discuss primarily those games in the chilled out way that befits a Community Thread.

Obligatory "I hate this" comment.

In all seriousness, couldn't it be called something slightly different? Having two threads with the exact same title may seem a bit confusing. Especially since in the other CT we do often talk about other consoles as well.
Also, is there now guidelines to which CT we should post in from now on?

Menashe

I've got around 50 games on Steam to finish (or start.)
I just stopped buying cheap game bundles that go on sale because it will just make me anxious from the growing backlog of games I own but haven't touched.
EDIT: And I changed the name of the CT in honor of that Verona citizen.

EDIT: And I changed the name of the CT in honor of that Verona citizen.
Sounds like a douche.

I bought the humble bundle and I beaten Dust, I haven't really played anymore. I tried Antimatter, and need to be in the right mindset. Gianna Sister didn't run well, but I'm looking forward to playing Gucamelee after I'm done with Yoshi's Island and Black Flag. So I know what you mean, I bought all these indies and I feel like I gotta play them all despite playing other games too

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
first page get

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLN-7HBvbdc

http://i.imgur.com/XodMQWh.jpg

you should check out MajorBuddah Enthusiast

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/forums/discussion/2190/majorbuddah-enthusiast/p1

nerdman

pig's gotta fly
I can't decide between a PS3 now, PS4 in a year, or a new PC.
Ever since my 360 died, I've been Nintendo only. I feel like I'm on the akins diet of video games.

Koenig

The Architect
It also might help considering the last thread had surpassed the 800 page mark. have you ever tried to find a specific quote in that thread? Is quite literally like looking for a needle in a haystack.
*Insert approval comment here*

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
I can't decide between a PS3 now, PS4 in a year, or a new PC.
Ever since my 360 died, I've been Nintendo only. I feel like I'm on the akins diet of video games.
PC or PS3. you're really not going wrong either way. but PC.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I completely support this second CT, as long as it gets its own community. If it ends up having the same people as the Wii U CT, then what's the point? But the point is for it to have its own community, so we should work harder toward that end.

I completely support this second CT, as long as it gets its own community. If it ends up having the same people as the Wii U CT, then what's the point? But the point is for it to have its own community, so we should work harder toward that end.
This. This thread is going to just have all of us on it really. Other community threads are for the forums with a LOT more activity/users.
That being said, I will still check out this CT.
Last non-tendo game played: Sleeping Dogs. It's slightly boring me, but not enough to put me to sleep so no sleeping pun here.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
I was playing through Sine Mora the other day, and it's still kicking my ass most of the time. Like Ikaruga, finding patterns is key to survival, but I love me some shoot em' ups. Speaking of which, I should pop in Ikaruga again, as it's been sitting in a box for awhile now. I got pretty good at the first level, but that was the extent of my skills.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Ah Steam...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt87bLX7m_o

I can honestly say I've read every post in this CT.
That video is a damn gif goldmine. Just like every other Peter Gabriel video I've ever been linked to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP1_pZkJTvk

Any of you guys moved onto PS4/XBone? My Wii U, 360 and 3DS (As well as Wii backlog) will keep me entertained for years. Plus I want to get a PS3 some time, play all the games I missed.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Any of you guys moved onto PS4/XBone? My Wii U, 360 and 3DS (As well as Wii backlog) will keep me entertained for years. Plus I want to get a PS3 some time, play all the games I missed.

PS4 is in my future, but for right now Wii U, PS3, and very soon PC will be my gaming platforms. FFX/X-2HD is almost out on PS3, so I'll have more life in the system, and then there's a few other games I'm interested in for PS3 as well.

I got a PS4 on day one. I also picked up a PS3 a few months before to play the games that i missed and the ones that are still coming out for it.

Dude stop hating on Second Son. That game already looks and plays miles better than anything shown on a Nintendo system.

One more week! :D/

PlayStation 4 is the future and the future is PlayStation 4

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I'm not about to give shit to the makers of one of the few great franchises for something so inconsequential. Not to mention that Dark Souls 1 already sucked graphically (technically, but not artistically), so I don't know what anyone expected.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
^
They're claiming they were "misled" and "deceived" up until launch about how the game would look. It's like bullshots never existed to these peeps.

(Hell, if they sacrificed some textural detail and geometry for a stable framerate, I give 'em a thumbs up for it.)

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
The graphics in Dark Souls and Demons Souls are fantastic from a technical and artistic standpoint imo.... Dark Souls is one of the more polished Japanese games around.... From Soft are devs of the highest Japanese order.... In other words, they're the shit....
I've been impressed with every From Soft game I've ever played.... Every, single, one.... From King's Field to Dark Souls....

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Oh don't get me wrong, I love the way Dark Souls looks. It has a great artstyle, character and monster designs, and architecture. But it was sub-720p and locked 30fps with frequent dips, horribly so in Blighttown particularly (but thankfully it had good anti-aliasing and zero screen-tearing, which I guess definitely is impressive for this past generation), so I'm just saying that nobody really should have expected differently from Dark Souls 2.
Besides that, though, are people sure that it is FromSoftware who is in charge of the game's PR, or is it Namco?

repomech

resident remnant robot relic
I have no longer read every post in this thread. But I will.

@Koenig It takes a special kind of sick fuck to see the humour in that. Apparently I am one of those.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
Working on a Titanfall TNE thread so we can post our experiences and hook up to play online.... Need a proper place to discuss this game here on TNE.... Will post when it's done....