Multi-Platform Community Thread

^ unless product XYZ is from a "specific brand" lmao
like i said, if it said nintendo on the side of it instead of sony.... *apeshit*
I wasn't speaking for myself buddy. I was speaking the general obvious. If someone is excited for Occulus Rift over Sony VR and has no plans to get Sony VR, it doesn't mean they hate the product, it just means they're not interested enough to pay despite how cool they think it looks. Vice Versa
For instance, I think Killzone Shadowfall looks really great, but I'm not going to get a PS4 for it. Deos that automatically mean I hate Sony and all their products? Lol no.
http://payload.cargocollective.com/1/0/27711/781831/simple_01_800.jpg

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I definitely would be paying more attention to the VR thing if it came from Nintendo, mainly because it would probably directly affect me as a Wii U owner. But I don't have a PS4, or money, so I'm just not paying attention to this Sony VR thing. If I were to, though, it would probably be the Occulus Rift, as I game on PC much more than I see myself gaming on a PS4 if I had one.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
I definitely would be paying more attention to the VR thing if it came from Nintendo, mainly because it would probably directly affect me as a Wii U owner. But I don't have a PS4, or money, so I'm just not paying attention to this Sony VR thing. If I were to, though, it would probably be the Occulus Rift, as I game on PC much more than I see myself gaming on a PS4 if I had one.
it affects you as a person who plays games... it doesn't matter what brand it is, it's all attainable.

Yeah I think fans would just simply trust Nintendo more despite their reservations because its nintendo and they dont do things without a reason.

And then there would be people like me saying no to begin with because now is definitely NOT the time to VR things up. Sony's trying to get to the end game by killing themselves

Reminds me of Square Enix.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjIGulYIQAAMxsR.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjH_BNlCQAAH4Wk.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjIFktcIIAEO8Fe.jpg

There are like 3 more people not on that list ( the two studios working on vita games) too

Seth killian as well. Along with the 100million dollars that went down the drain with SSM

ASuch

The Salt Master
I definitely find it worrying for Naughty Dog. It's weird how a game director would leave right in the middle of making their next flagship game

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Man this Sony chapter is really interesting. But I kind of just want to see what happens overall, I don't really want to follow every detail.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....

Tomb Raider running on Ultimate with the special hair effects on.... This game is very impressive on PC running at full blast....

Last edited:

Tucker

“Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”
Pretty much my entire day was getting Tullius here up to level 11.

I haven't been able to sink this much time into a game since I was a teenager - there's just some kind of magic.

esodaggerfall4.jpg

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I replayed Dark Souls for the nth time these past few days. Finished a battlemage run, I had extremely overpowered crystal and dark magics and a maxed out Moonlight Greatsword. It was awesome.

For Dark Souls 2, I'm planning on my first run being a high strength, dual-wield ultra greatsword run.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Sine Mora is hard as balls, so that's completely understandable. To be fair I think part of the challenge is that the graphics don't always make it easy to see the projectiles coming at you, but for the most part it's perfectly fair, just very difficult.

Sine Mora is hard as balls, so that's completely understandable. To be fair I think part of the challenge is that the graphics don't always make it easy to see the projectiles coming at you, but for the most part it's perfectly fair, just very difficult.
I tried to get an A rank to get the next promotion. I didn't even get a B rank... :eek:

So Ghost Recon Online turned into Phantoms: http://store.steampowered.com/app/243870/?snr=1_5_9__205. Downloading now.

I wonder if Ubisoft is still going through with the Wii U version.

Here's a pretty cool quote: "Ghost Recon Online is being developed for the PC first. That was always the plan. The team is taking a little bit longer than they thought they would to get Ghost Recon Online to the level and quality that they want and that definitely has had an impact on how much time they're able to spend on the Wii U version because we want to make sure we get it right." Key also states that much of the development team behind the Wii U version of the game are also working on the PC version, and that focus will shift to the Wii U once the PC version is completed.

So I guess they're working on the Wii U version now? Last we heard about the Wii U version was that it was "on hold".

I honestly completely forgot about this game. Gonna see if I can reach out to Ubi.

Tucker

So Ghost Recon Online turned into Phantoms: http://store.steampowered.com/app/243870/?snr=1_5_9__205. Downloading now.

I wonder if Ubisoft is still going through with the Wii U version.

Here's a pretty cool quote: "Ghost Recon Online is being developed for the PC first. That was always the plan. The team is taking a little bit longer than they thought they would to get Ghost Recon Online to the level and quality that they want and that definitely has had an impact on how much time they're able to spend on the Wii U version because we want to make sure we get it right." Key also states that much of the development team behind the Wii U version of the game are also working on the PC version, and that focus will shift to the Wii U once the PC version is completed.

So I guess they're working on the Wii U version now? Last we heard about the Wii U version was that it was "on hold".

I honestly completely forgot about this game. Gonna see if I can reach out to Ubi.
I know virtually nothing about it. What's the skinny?

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
I don't play Sine Mora that often (because it's stupidly hard), but I felt good about getting this score on the first stage in Arcade (hard) mode.

View attachment 172
Damn, man. I only get E grades on all my runs, but I too am not great at it. It's like Ikaruga in the sense that you have to learn the patterns of each level and learn to not get hit, and hit enemies well enough.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
So today was a Master Race kind of day. I needed to upgrade my CPU fan because it was extremely loud and ineffective. I should have done this years ago, or since the day I first installed the CPU, but I don't trot until I need to sprint, and a super-secret project forced me to finally do it.

Anyway, It turned out to be somewhat of a pain in the ass because I hadn't opened my case in the longest time, so I had to go and clean the case, GPU fan, other case fans, and then finally unplug everything and remove the motherboard so I could install the new retention plate (the old CPU fan's one wasn't good for the new fan), and then finally put the whole thing back together.

In the end though, everything worked at the first try, and the new fan is insanely quiet compared to the old one. I haven't tested it under stress, but so far I can't even tell there's a computer in my room anymore. Compare that to what @CitizenOfVerona heard before coming from my mic, which I believe he described as the sound of "someone taking a piss in the ocean".

^ Holy sack, dude lol

All new parts (even case, monitor, speakers [well I didn't really have speakers before] and the sorts). Partly because the PC I use now never really was completely mine.

I was kind of a cheapskate with my build in late 2012 and went with this for $800: http://reviews.costco.com/2070/1175...l-core-i7-3770-desktop-pc-reviews/reviews.htm
I originally wanted to build it from scratch like I did previous ones, but I couldn't pass up that price. All the other specs for sufficient enough except for the Intel HD 4000, so I bought a GTX 500 series card (forgot which it was). I sold it about 2 weeks ago to use the money for towards the newer more capable PC. Then my dad told he me after the fact that he'd buy me whatever the hell I asked for (of course he didn't say hell lol) once the high-school year was over (to prepare for college and whatnot) and I was like 'well shit...'

So now I'm stuck with Intel 4000 and am discovering that it ain't too bad. If I set the screen resolution to windowed at like 720p or slightly higher, I can run most modern games at the highest settings with no AA and low or no shadows at 30-40FPS. If I set it to 1080p full-screen I dip into the twenties and teens lol. If turn on AA and ultra shadows...

So yeah, I pretty much building a PC not just for games, but that can also handle rendering better. Here's the build: http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=15544869

May or may not end up buying all those parts (i.e. probably not going with that monitor).

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
That new build will just about kill anything you throw at it, unless you plan on going for 4K gaming.

Your "old" build is still solid as hell except for the graphics card. Honestly, a good graphics card on that build would probably take it a few notches above.

Anyway, I will have to update as well, sometime in the not-so-near future. I might shoot for something like an FX-8350 and an HD 7870, depending on what has the best value at that point, and a new motherboard and probably PSU to make them work. And well, I want a new monitor but I'm not going to just "upgrade", I rather save until I can get a 1080p 120Hz one (currently I have a 768p TV).

So it will probably take a good while to get there, but I'm not in a hurry to upgrade.

This is the PC set up that I have:
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 4/16/2014, 11:31:13
Machine name: LAUGHINGMAN_PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 460
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 4050 MB
Dedicated Memory: 978 MB
Shared Memory: 3071 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: ASUS VH242
Monitor Id: ACI24FA
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: HDMI

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 460
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 4050 MB
Dedicated Memory: 978 MB
Shared Memory: 3071 MB
Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Dell IN2010N(Analog)
Monitor Model: DELL IN2010N
Monitor Id: DELA049
Native Mode: 1600 x 900(p) (59.978Hz)
Output Type: HD15

-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)

Description: ASUS VH242-1 (NVIDIA High Definition Audio)

Description: Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device)

Last edited:

Tucker

My specs:
  • AMD Phemon II X4 965 Black Edition (OCed with a 245 FSB to ~4.1ghz)
  • Asus M5A99X EVO Rev. 2 (with 3x PCI-e 16x and DTS audio on board)
  • 8GB DDR3 (~1650mhz)
  • AMD Radeon HD 6950 (optional hotkey OC mode 950mhz core)
  • 120GB SSD / 500GB, 1TB, 1TB, 1TB 7200rpm HDDs
  • Sony 24" Playstation 3D Display / Panasonic 42" U1 Plasma
When I'm feeling more wealthy I'm probably going to swap out that CPU for an FX6300 (6-core).