My Nintendo

weeman_com

I'm not convinced. That miitomo looks like that weird mii game.
Well it is... lol
Im playing it just to see what its about, probably will never spend money in it, just a handy time waster!

BTW
The question that is being sent out for "Everybody Answers" is

What do you do to relieve stress?​
Im pretty sure Nintendo DOES NOT WANT TO KNOW THE REAL ANSWER EVERYONE IS THINKING RIGHT NOW!!!

Well it is... lol
Im playing it just to see what its about, probably will never spend money in it, just a handy time waster!

BTW
The question that is being sent out for "Everybody Answers" is
What do you do to relieve stress?​
Im pretty sure Nintendo DOES NOT WANT TO KNOW THE REAL ANSWER EVERYONE IS THINKING RIGHT NOW!!!
Wellllll a notification popped up with that question but its disappeared and I dunno what it was about... An event or something maybe :s

Koenig

The Architect
I was reading through the FAQ to confirm my suspicions.

"To earn Gold Points, you must first link a Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account. Next, use your Nintendo Network ID to purchase downloadable games through the official Nintendo homepage, Nintendo eShop, or through a retailer. You will automatically receive Gold Points for any eligible purchases.
(Please note that downloadable content, passes, and themes, as well as physical software, do not qualify for Gold Points.)"

FUCK YOU!

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
"To earn Gold Points, you must first link a Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account. Next, use your Nintendo Network ID to purchase downloadable games through the official Nintendo homepage, Nintendo eShop, or through a retailer. You will automatically receive Gold Points for any eligible purchases. (Please note that downloadable content, passes, and themes, as well as physical software, do not qualify for Gold Points.)"

FUCK YOU!

"To earn Gold Points, you must first link a Nintendo Network ID to your Nintendo Account. Next, use your Nintendo Network ID to purchase downloadable games through the official Nintendo homepage, Nintendo eShop, or through a retailer. You will automatically receive Gold Points for any eligible purchases. (Please note that downloadable content, passes, and themes, as well as physical software, do not qualify for Gold Points.)"

FUCK YOU!
Think this could be an indication that the NX is non physical software? the No disc drive patent etc?
Especially as it includes "downloadable games through the official Nintendo homepage, Nintendo eShop, or through a retailer."

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
We should run a TNE Miitomo gang, and see what the app does. And also we should figure out about the My Nintendo missions, discount codes seem like a great reward.

Koenig

The Architect
The fact that physical games do not count towards My Nintendo effectively kills my interest in the program. Aside from being arbitrary is fuck, I find it to be distasteful and exploitative. Looking at my collection of 20+ Nintendo games right now, my patronage as a loyal customer is all for not because I had the audacity to buy physical versions of the game.

The fact that physical games do not count towards My Nintendo effectively kills my interest in the program. Aside from being arbitrary is fuck, I find it to be distasteful and exploitative. Looking at my collection of 20+ Nintendo games right now, my patronage as a loyal customer is all for not because I had the audacity to buy physical versions of the game.
A bit over sensitive for something that Nintendo do NOT have to do... And no other company that I can think of does the same...

Koenig

The Architect
A bit over sensitive for something that Nintendo do NOT have to do... And no other company that I can think of does the same...
Respectfully, don't even start. Brand loyalty reward programs are nothing new. Club Nintendo provided support for both digital and physical games; why then should its successor outright ignore customers of the latter? There is no valid reason from the consumer side of things, and from the business side of things it only gets more insidious.

Odo

FUCK YOU!
Think this could be an indication that the NX is non physical software? the No disc drive patent etc?
Especially as it includes "downloadable games through the official Nintendo homepage, Nintendo eShop, or through a retailer."
Respectfully, don't even start. Brand loyalty reward programs are nothing new. Club Nintendo provided support for both digital and physical games; why then should its successor outright ignore customers of the latter? There is no valid reason from the consumer side of things, and from the business side of things it only gets more insidious.
Because physical games are dying. It will be entirely gone in a few years.

I'm sorry, but behold the new world.

Odo

@Odo

And please explain why including a simple piece of paper with a code on it could not suffice for a reward program in the mean time?
They want you to buy digital games. Now they have one more reason: Digital games give you rewards, physical ones don't.

Putting a reward code on a physical game is more aggregated value to a product that they don't want to aggregate value.

Koenig

The Architect
They want you to buy digital games. Now they have one more reason: Digital games give you rewards, physical ones don't.

Putting a reward code on a physical game is more aggregated value to a product that they don't want to aggregate value.
I can see that, and I believe it to be a despicable and manipulative thing to do.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I can see that, and I believe it to be a despicable and manipulative thing to do.
Remember that you still earn discounts by interacting with the rewards program, just not the gold coins that give you "free" games. The gold coins are an incentive for people to buy digital, which is more cost-effective for Nintendo. I don't see this incentives program as much of a "despicable" thing, especially since physical buyers are still benefiting from it.

the_randomizer

If Nintendo is going physical only, this means that, given how inconsistent internet infrastructure that the US has, those who can't access or afford broadband internet. Well, this will be Nintendo's way to flipping off those who can't access fast internet, it's their way of saying "fuck you, you can't have digital games because you live in the boonies ololol".

Fuck digital only as being the future. Until they work out a system that works like Steam, tying to an account and not a console, you can forget it. Those who have slow internet are screwed over.

If Nintendo is going physical only, this means that, given how inconsistent internet infrastructure that the US has, those who can't access or afford broadband internet. Well, this will be Nintendo's way to flipping off those who can't access fast internet, it's their way of saying "fuck you, you can't have digital games because you live in the boonies ololol".

Fuck digital only as being the future. Until they work out a system that works like Steam, tying to an account and not a console, you can forget it. Those who have slow internet are screwed over.
Thats been my concern with a digital-only future for a long time. Not to mention the file sizes some third parties dump their games with. I mean, Nintendo has their compression on point but I dont trust any other company doing that kind of magic.

I dont think this means Nintendo is going digital only, its just as Juegos said, they are simply encouraging digital sales because thats more profitable to them. Its business.

Sorry but when you start a sentence with Respectfully, or No offence. You know exactly that what your about to say shows no respect etc So dont think that prefixing a sentence with that absolves you from causing any offense. Dont ever think its acceptable to speak to anyone ever like that, I am not in the frame of mind nor mood to accept it. No valid reason, how about international pressure to become more green? Reducing the amount of paper that they use while selling physical copies of games by switching to this. How about the fact that there are a lot of consumers ignore these things because it requires input from them, now their changing it to a system that when you buy the game and download it you AUTOMATICALLY get rewarded for your purchase opening up a new kind of loyalty and exposure of the full Nintendo experience. There you have reasons for both consumer and business side of things. All brand loyalty reward schemes have rules, and its fully within the companies remit to change these rules as they see fit, Starbucks changed theirs a couple of years ago from buying 12 drinks to 15. Things change. Thats life. You do not know a thing about what the NX is about and maybe when that system launches this all makes 100% sense. My Nintendo is a system thats been created FOR the next thing that Nintendo are doing, which is new for Nintendo as they always in the past appeared to chase their tail and create solutions for things that they have previously done. Its just per chance that they decided to launch it early to tie in with their foray into smartphone games. Club Nintendo as we knew it was being closed down, we all knew that, they tried several times before to kill the program, I count myself lucky that they decided to reorganise and rethink the loyalty thing.

Your just beginning to sound butthurt now. Get a hold of yourself and figure out what is really important in life.

Does MyNintendo even provide a feedback section for purchased games like ClubNintendo did?
WHYYYYYYY! Like seriously WHY do you care about these absolute inane useless surveys?
They were the exact same stupid questions over and over again that basically are of no use whatsoever. Feedback like "where did you buy this game" "What age is user 1" ""is user 1 considered a gamer" "where did you hear about this game" "why did you buy this game"
Nintendo knows the majority of this information already, they address a lot of it with Nintendo Direct presentations. The surveys were an absolute waste, and im pretty sure the cost of analysing them cost them more than the information made for them.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Does MyNintendo even provide a feedback section for purchased games like ClubNintendo did?
Who knows at this point. I wonder if they're content just taking their feedback from Twitter and Miiverse these days, instead of having specific forms through their website.

Koenig

The Architect
Sorry but when you start a sentence with Respectfully, or No offence. You know exactly that what your about to say shows no respect etc So dont think that prefixing a sentence with that absolves you from causing any offense. Dont ever think its acceptable to speak to anyone ever like that, I am not in the frame of mind nor mood to accept it. No valid reason, how about international pressure to become more green? Reducing the amount of paper that they use while selling physical copies of games by switching to this. How about the fact that there are a lot of consumers ignore these things because it requires input from them, now their changing it to a system that when you buy the game and download it you AUTOMATICALLY get rewarded for your purchase opening up a new kind of loyalty and exposure of the full Nintendo experience. There you have reasons for both consumer and business side of things. All brand loyalty reward schemes have rules, and its fully within the companies remit to change these rules as they see fit, Starbucks changed theirs a couple of years ago from buying 12 drinks to 15. Things change. That's life. You do not know a thing about what the NX is about and maybe when that system launches this all makes 100% sense. My Nintendo is a system thats been created FOR the next thing that Nintendo are doing, which is new for Nintendo as they always in the past appeared to chase their tail and create solutions for things that they have previously done. Its just per chance that they decided to launch it early to tie in with their foray into smartphone games. Club Nintendo as we knew it was being closed down, we all knew that, they tried several times before to kill the program, I count myself lucky that they decided to reorganise and rethink the loyalty thing.
My problem with MyNintendo stems from the fact that it essentially counts my loyalty and patronage as nothing if I ever buy physical copies. @the_randomizer and @FriedShoes have already mentioned pitfalls of a digital only market, however I am more concerned with companies using rewards programs not to directly reward their customers, but to manipulate and condition them. (Its the same reason I never use the Coke rewards program, even though I drink a metric ton of the stuff) Club Nintendo was great rewards program because it did not demand actions beyond purchase to gain access to its rewards, and it considered each and every purchase, physical or digital, equal.

Your just beginning to sound butthurt now. Get a hold of yourself and figure out what is really important in life.
I stand up for what I consider to be ethical business practices, and I stand firmly against those that I believe are not. If that sounds "butthurt" to you then I don't know what else to say.

Koenig

The Architect
WHYYYYYYY! Like seriously WHY do you care about these absolute inane useless surveys?
They were the exact same stupid questions over and over again that basically are of no use whatsoever. Feedback like "where did you buy this game" "What age is user 1" ""is user 1 considered a gamer" "where did you hear about this game" "why did you buy this game"
Nintendo knows the majority of this information already, they address a lot of it with Nintendo Direct presentations. The surveys were an absolute waste, and im pretty sure the cost of analysing them cost them more than the information made for them.
It served as a point of contact between Nintendo and the consumer. Where else does the consumer have a line of communication, however indirect, to get information to Nintendo? None of their contact information is for even the slightest portion of consumer information.

Who knows at this point. I wonder if they're content just taking their feedback from Twitter and Miiverse these days, instead of having specific forms through their website.
If anyone finds out for certain, would you mind sharing that information?

Koenig

The Architect
MyNintendo is much more fluid and better layed out than Club Nintendo was. I really like how the reward box fills up and animates when you get coins. The rewards right now are pretty lackluster, though I suspect some decent ones will come out in the future (To bad physical buyers won't get any of them) I don't have a smart phone, so I can't say anything about the miitomo app.

TechnoHobbit

Ash nazg durbatulûk
Add in Gold coins for buying physical games, Platinum coins for playing console games, and physical rewards, and MyNintendo would be amazing.

As is, it is a bit underwhelming. The site is nice though.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
MyNintendo is much more fluid and better layed out than Club Nintendo was. I really like how the reward box fills up and animates when you get coins. The rewards right now are pretty lackluster, though I suspect some decent ones will come out in the future (To bad physical buyers won't get any of them) I don't have a smart phone, so I can't say anything about the miitomo app.
Are you talking specifically about free games and 30% discounts? Because again, those are the only ones tied to gold coins, the ones that you get when you buy games. Everything else, including all the minor silly stuff like 3DS themes, and I'm assuming future messenger bags or whatever, are tied to platinum and Miitomo coins, which you get for basically just scratching your ass while logged in to your NNID once every week. I can already get a $9 discount off a $60 Wii U game right now, which will possibly go toward Star Fox if it qualifies for it after it releases.

Cubits

I have no idea what's going on in those photos... but i like it!

I downloaded miitomo today at work, got it set up, then had to abort the in-app download as my connection was crapping out. Will dig into it later today.

I'm also pretty happy with the selection of discounts etc in the rewards shop. I have a bunch of them already, but it's pretty neat for new folk to get things like 40% off of splatoon so easily (that game is SERIOUSLY good value!).

Odo

If the inconsistent internet infrastructure is so bad, why are there online games?

The account will work like Steam, they're working on it.

The future is digital only. I'm sorry, but it's happening. The internet infrastructure problems, the people who dislike internet, the people who wants to resell their games. People will have to get over all those situations. The industry won't stop doing that because of people who have slow internet.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
If the inconsistent internet infrastructure is so bad, why are there online games?

The account will work like Steam, they're working on it.

The future is digital only. I'm sorry, but it's happening. The internet infrastructure problems, the people who dislike internet, the people who wants to resell their games. People will have to get over all those situations. The industry won't stop doing that because of people who have slow internet.
Sadly this is very very true.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
This may be a silly question, but how do you add your friends via you Nintendo Account to Miitomo?
Right now, I've only found Facebook and Twitter and Local.