My Outstanding Customer Service Experience With Activision Blizzard

My Thanks Goes Out to Blizzard For The Great Service I Was Provided Today

More times than not, when we as consumers think about customer service, we tend to gravitate strictly towards the negative. Every time a customer has a bad experience, they make it a point to tell at least 10 people how bad it was and to never do business with said company again. Very rarely, does anyone bother to tell anyone when they had a great customer service experience. If a company's lucky, they might tell one other friend or family member, and that's really unfortunate.

I'm writing this article on my blog today to bring attention to the outstanding customer service that Game Master - Zezzen provided me through Blizzard's online support chat / ticketing system.

What happened was a month ago, I purchased the digital copy of World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor. A few weeks ago, I got around to buying and activating a 60 day game time card to get back into the game before the expansion releases on November 13.

To make a long story short, I got bored quickly, and the game just didn't appeal to me anymore. So, i opened a ticket, and I requested a refund.

Zezzen was very friendly, and immediately issued a refund for my digital purchase. Next, I asked him to refund the remaining game time back to me. I used about 1/3 of it, so I technically had about $20 left of my $30 card purchase. I also stated to Zezzen that I didn't buy the time through Blizzard. I actually purchased an email code from Amazon.com, and i refunded the code through the Blizzard site.

Because of this scenario, I was perfectly content with taking the digital game refund and eating a loss on the game time card because I wasn't expecting anything more. Technically, Blizzard has the right to refuse this refund / or partial refund because I've already paid for a "Service" that's been rendered.

With no expectations of a refund in mind, I politely asked for the game card's prorated balance to be credited as virtual currency on the blizzard site. Unfortunately, Zezzen said he couldn't do that but he was looking for other workarounds to help me.

At that point, I politely asked if I could be given the $19.99 expansion Heart of the Swarm for Starcraft II. That way, no currency had to change hands, and I'll be credited back a prorated value for my remaining game time.

Zezzen immediately gave me full access to the new game in exchange for my remaining game time even when he wasn't required to by Blizzard or expected by me the customer.

Final Thoughts:

I was very impressed with Zezzen's professionalism and his ability to improvise in a difficult situation to take care of me as the customer. Although I won't be playing WoW anytime soon or possibly ever again, I will continue to support Blizzards products because they've shown me that they're willing to make a sincere effort to take care of their customers.

Thank you for reading about my experience with Blizzard. Please feel free to weigh in with your thoughts and comments below.

Thanks again Zezzen! ^_^