**Need For Speed Most Wanted U Competitive Discussion**

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Alright fellow community members as you all well know NFS and MH3U are fast upon us. But this thread is going to focus on just NFS. Ive been thinking for a week or so about tournaments for the forums here and how to lay them out and run them. Ive gotten some good feedback so far on the ideas and Ill lay some of them out here for yall to get used too. And I was a creator of Mario Kart Mondays in the WiiU Lobby CT at IGN when many of us were there and it was great times. So now for some lay out
1. This thread title will change, tho not much. It may change to show what week a tournament is going to be on etc. etc.
2. The OP here WILL CHANGE. As we go along all new tournaments will show up in the OP cause I can EDIT how and when ever. It just easier for yall to come in and say "ok new tournament this week whats the OP say". It will just make it easier, and less sloppy than having to slog thru 50 pages of thread to find new tournament news.
3. We have plenty of day 1 people here to handle this kinda contest. Also if you buy the game late dont fret you can jump in when you like. But after launch our first tournament will happen about 2 weeks from the games launch.
4. Some of the formats Im thinking of will work like this. The traditional "College Basketball bracket". Were 6 on one side and 6 on the other side, and everyone is weeded until only 2 remain for a championship race.
5. Same type Tournament as ^. But the Europeans on one side and North America on the other side were you would have 1 vs. 1 Euro vs. Americas for championship.
6. A "Ryder Cup" type tournament. Were you race all 1 vs.1 Euro vs. Americas and the Country who wins get certain points till all 1 vs.1 have been raced and all the point are tallied to determine a winner.
7. Truck race tournaments lol
I would like to stop here for a minute and just say these are some of the types of tournaments Im hoping to put on for y'all. Now Community that dosent have the game I got an idea for y'all.
8. I would like to implement a "betting system" for the board members who do not have the game, but would like to be part of this. EXAMPLE: I can into the thread and say "Ummm I think Friedshoes will win it all." This would be considered your bet on Friedshoes. So if Friedshoes won in your signature you get to say something like "I always bet on the best #1", and you can have this in your sig for a week, or till the next tournament. BUT if he loses then in your sig it will say "I love losers" lol.......and have it in your sig for a week or till the next tournament. If you wanna bet signature bets with other members hay feel free. Just make sure we know about it so its official.
9. For the actually racers, if you win you can run a similar "brag" in your signature if you like. But it would be like your trophy. And in the "Ryder Cup" type tournaments the who either Euro team or Americas team ALL get to run a "Ryder Cup Winner" in there signature. Since we do have such alot of people from all around the world I see this being highly competative agains Country's.
This is the jest of the tournaments. It may seem like alot, but actually Im just trying to pour my thoughts out on the screen to start putting them together and see what I got. But Im liking the simpleness of it the way it seems in my head. The hardest thing will be timing. But more than likely all tournaments will be handles on Saturdays so Euro's and Americas can be online at the same time. But this seems to be the only real hurtle. OH and Ill leave you with this
10................................What is DUI night? (must be 21 to enter, more details coming)

EDITED PART OF OP: Obviously we wont start tournaments for a few weeks when we all get fimiliar with the game. So post your impressions here!

:D

BobSilencieux

I really really hope that Amazon drops their price on this game before release day, because no matter how much i want to [strike]win all[/strike] take part in your tournaments, i just can't afford to spend £50 ($80) on any game right now...
[-O

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
We don't condone nights like them here at TNE being illegal and all that. But NMan if your into that hey have at it, but f your driving 300mph or 55mph I will know.

And isn't there some way we can gift this game to Bob?

EDIT: Trust me on this tho. I'm kicking around a couple of ideas for DUI night. And if it turns out half as well as I'm picturing it in my head, then while we are in the mic talking to one another. We may all be laughing so hard pissing yourself is definalty not off the table. But we will just have to see

I really really hope that Amazon drops their price on this game before release day, because no matter how much i want to [strike]win all[/strike] take part in your tournaments, i just can't afford to spend £50 ($80) on any game right now...
[-O<
Bob its only £38.95 on shopto, theyre awesome, always get stuff early!!!

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Need for Scotch night will have to be busted out judiciously. Otherwise, we're all gonna end up having the worst Saturday mornings ever. :p

NintendoMan

Hey, I wasn't making any allusions. Just imagining things for giggles... But if you want a REALLY interesting DUI NFS experience, you might want to try that new two-player co-driver mode...too bad it's only for local play. Could be interesting date material.

Oh, and prepare to be lapped.

Aki

Cool thread and all, but we all may as well save ourselves some time, energy, and effort and just give me the title right now.

FriedShoes

MLG
*cough* totally of age here, yep. God, I really hope my Burnout skills transfer over well. Years of playing nothing but Mario Kart could ruin me.

Need for Scotch night will have to be busted out judiciously. Otherwise, we're all gonna end up having the worst Saturday mornings ever. :p
Mn, I love Scotch. I love Scoth. Scotchy Scotch Scoth. Here it goes down, down into my belly. mm mm mmm
If we have DUI Fridays then we should also have Hangover Saturdays

You're gonna have to buy me a few drinks before I allow that.
You'll need a few shots of vodka after that burned rubber taste I give you... see, I've been practicing my Criterion driving skills a bit on my PC. ...With a Wii U controller no less. Mwahaha.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Looks like the thread has the smack rollin love it, love it even more cause y'all are all foolin yourselves. <):)

And I thought DUI night would be some conversation piece like "man I love these tournament ideas, but wonder about DUI night that could be really cool".

But man you guys are on it LMAO!!!

TechnoHobbit

Ash nazg durbatulûk
I can see it now, "TechnoHobbit Winner Of 42 NFS Tournaments And Counting" :>
Joking aside, I'm going to go put a bit of practice in to an older NFS right now. BEWARE THE HOBBIT!

T would be the worst at DUI... presume shes a lightweight as not used to drinking! even more fun! :D
One thing which suchs about DUI Friday, I always gotta work on Saturdays and its the worst day - shops full of screaming kids!

Aki

T would be the worst at DUI... presume shes a lightweight as not used to drinking! even more fun! :D
One thing which suchs about DUI Friday, I always gotta work on Saturdays and its the worst day - shops full of screaming kids!
Hangover Saturdays?

this thread seems to have fallen. much like all your hopes and dreams of defeating me shall fall to earth like so many meteors on Russia come the nineteenth

EvilTw1n

Y'know, pride comes before the fall.

...it also comes right before I start driving backwards in a race and meet one or two of you in a head-on collision... :ar!

Y'know, pride comes before the fall.

...it also comes right before I start driving backwards in a race and meet one or two of you in a head-on collision... :ar!
Ah the good ol' days when I'd give up in Mario Kart after I know I have no chance at even placing and decided to become a terrorist.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Cant we get a count down for this game going here in the thread or something? Or another thread all together counting down NFS and MH3U?

Cant we get a count down for this game going here in the thread or something? Or another thread all together counting down NFS and MH3U?
Feel like there isn't enough hype for a countdown, but that might just be me since I just came out of the hospital and still feel woozy from the Benadryl and Tylenol.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
DAFAQ!!??!! Why were you in the hospital? And not enough hype...................you sir havent been in our BLOPS2 matches were all we are wishing for is these 2 games.

I have to get an infusion every certain amount of months to keep my internal condition (not a serious one) in remission. I'm planning on coming off it in early May though to take care of myself naturally since my Mom is too worried about me going to college far away next year and out of her care.
Haha, I will be in those BLOPS 2 matches soon enough. :-j

EvilTw1n

Man, the anticipation is killing me. I popped NFS:U into the PS2 last night. Whew, I'm rusty.

It did make me think of one particular bracket for our races -- manual vs. automatic transmissions. We're still gonna run together a whole lot, transmission be damned, but I'd like to see some manual-only racing (which is not a euphemism, but should be).

Are we gonna do a sort of Grand Prix (10 points for first place, 8 for second place, 6 for third place, 4 for fourth place, 2 for fifth place, 1 for sixth place; all stretched out over like five races)? The six-player online limit would pose a problem there, so we'd need to do two groups of six. Top three from each group advance to a finals GP.

in one week i shall be slaying foul beasts left and right. defeating all as i rise to the top of the food chain leaving behind tattered remains of the lives i have crushed. and when i am done whooping yalls asses i might go play some Monster Hunter too.

Off-Topic:
Point is that thread topics aren't exclusive to the OP (Because there is no OP for such broad topic titles). Same goes with site editorials.
If IGN writes about how they're fed up with how Lucas Arts is performing, it's not copying if someone else decides to write their opinions on the same subject. :)
(I'm not going to go off topic though so this is my last comment about this)

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I'm gonna test your "last comment about this".

If I copy a thread (which I never would) I would at the very least give the "original" OP credit for the topic.

And for you to admit that you did copy the thread from somewhere (as you provided a link to we're you got it from) and to not give the original OP credit tisk tisk.

Editors of sites can't just copy a story without giving credit to we're the story first came from.

Linked this thread in a recent news post: http://nintendoenthusiast.com/13747/need-for-speed-most-wanted-u-co-driver-trailer/
As crazy as that trailer looks, it pretty much outline how I feel when I play a Need For Speed game.
Hype!

in one week i shall be slaying foul beasts left and right. defeating all as i rise to the top of the food chain leaving behind tattered remains of the lives i have crushed. and when i am done whooping yalls asses i might go play some Monster Hunter too.
Matt is certainly a foul beast :D

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
OP now edited to make it an impressions thread till the tournaments start.
AMERICANS ITS TOMORROW MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR COPIES!!!! *readys pre-order receipt*

EvilTw1n

I have a Need.

A Need.

For Speed.

Actually, I no longer have a need, because I own it.

I don't care if I'm gonna be horribly rusty; I'm goin' online tonight.