**Need For Speed Most Wanted U Competitive Discussion**

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I got my child coming in a few weeks. NFS should he on the menu for speedwalls on my plate cause I can turn on and off as I please.

Mattavelle will be back

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Now THAT was fun!
Heh, I really should run from the cops more. Usually, I just hit restart or go to a different race.

Yeah, I had just finished a race where I had cops on my tail, and then fast forward over a half-hour later, this was the result. This was in the Maserati btw, and I almost got busted a few times during my stint. #:-S

NOBODY TAKES STOPPING POWER FROM ME
(It wasnt a perfect run so you guys can probably take it down fairly quickly too. I could probably have gotten around 2:29 if I didnt mess up)

Shoulder

Well, I know that was a race you guys were competitive in a few weeks back. ;)

Btw, I just did this race, and this was with a crash. Stupid electrical towers!

Shoulder

Don't worry, the next NFS game will allow you to do away with walls with just a touch.

It's really sad that Most Wanted is the only NFS game on the Wii U right now. I've heard good things about Rivals, but it is what it is I guess. It would be nice if the next entry were to hit the Wii U, but between 90's Arcade Racer, Mario Kart 8, Project CARS, and FAST Racing Neo, I suspect many of us will be too busy for another NFS title.

Shoulder

Any of those racers I will buy to race with y'all. ^

Dude, I am so pumped for all of those games. I'll always have a soft spot for sim racers, but for just sheer insanity, arcade is where it's at. And like I've said in the past, you can always have that competitive nature in virtually any type of racing game. I suppose it's the leaderboards nature of a game like Most Wanted why I feel compelled to see just how fast I can do it.

Some say that he spends his free time head-butting Deer, and that he once had an argument with a flight of stairs. All we know is he's called, Shoulder.

Goodtwin

Its crazy when you actually list them all, but I will buy all of those games day one. After playing NFS MW, I am really hoping that 90's Arcade Racer at least does leaderboards. Fast Racing Neo needs both online multiplayer and leaderboards, but online multiplayer would be crazy cool for some DUI nights.

Shoulder

Its crazy when you actually list them all, but I will buy all of those games day one. After playing NFS MW, I am really hoping that 90's Arcade Racer at least does leaderboards. Fast Racing Neo needs both online multiplayer and leaderboards, but online multiplayer would be crazy cool for some DUI nights.

Seeing as Art of Balance has fricking leaderboards, as well as Nano Assault Neo, I think FAST Racing Neo will also have leaderboards, and of course a fairly good online component.
When you think about it, Most Wanted also has leaderboards, but only with your friends and not the entire world. Another important issue will be if mics will be supported.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I think Laer posted today that Shin'en said FAST will have 10 player online plus leaderboards if I didn't read that wrong. It was posted in the CT this morning.

Anyhow yes I'm day 1 these racing game because they all look awesome. Now just online and it's on for us boys!!!

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
At this point, soldier is only competing against himself.
I don't even want to put the game on my system, it's getting scary.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Like I said once little man comes I'll be looking for single player to get used to a new routine.

This game and Shoulders scores are on the agenda for a bit.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
It would've been under 1:25 if only the car had turned properly on the final turn. /firstworldproblems
:p
I hate that race; you're off by just a touch on the last big jump, and you've screwed up your time completely.

You're relentless, man. When I start playing again, I'm gonna have to get used to just being top 5 again, not tops.

Shoulder

At this point, soldier is only competing against himself.
I don't even want to put the game on my system, it's getting scary.

=))
I'm merely keeping the game alive. Sure, it's almost a year old now, but considering we don't have many options right now for arcade racing games, I need something on the Wii U to fill the void. Oh, and I just love using the screenshot feature on the Wii U; so seamless and easy to use. ;)
I know many of you have not 100%ed Most Wanted, so that could be something we should all shoot for. m/

It would've been under 1:25 if only the car had turned properly on the final turn. /firstworldproblems :p
I hate that race; you're off by just a touch on the last big jump, and you've screwed up your time completely. You're relentless, man. When I start playing again, I'm gonna have to get used to just being top 5 again, not tops.
I hear ya, that race pisses me off. I just wanted to see if I could get under 1:29, and with the Audi A1 it's very doable, but the hard right by the boost station, the area just before the jump, and the final turn are very tricky to get through. Like you said, that jump you have to angle just right or you will likely hit one of the buildings. Hell, even those jumps over the water at the beginning of the race can be tricky, especially that last one which sets your line up for that turn. I've hit the barrier quite a few times trying to angle the jump right.

TechnoHobbit

Ash nazg durbatulûk
I'm going to try taking over the leaderboards again. This is one of the few games that retained a decent amount of data (due to it being a partly online experience) after my system got wiped, so I have some extra motivation to start playing it again.
Beware, Techno has returned to the streets of Fairhaven >:)

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I'm going to try taking over the leaderboards again. This is one of the few games that retained a decent amount of data (due to it being a partly online experience) after my system got wiped, so I have some extra motivation to start playing it again.
Should be interesting seeing you and Shoulder go at it. There are some amazing times to beat for real.

Shoulder

I look forward to our competition together. :>

Shoulder

Sooooooooooooo close...
Btw, I think the Challenger SRT8 is probably the worst car in the game. Sure, it's fast, but it handles like an absolute pig, and it's extremely floaty. But alas, it was still a good time.

Shoulder

Despite this, the Viper sucks ass off road, even with off road tires. At the start of the race (not this run) the car literally flipped in the air and crashed, and all I did was drive. /:)

Despite this, the Viper sucks ass off road, even with off road tires. At the start of the race (not this run) the car literally flipped in the air and crashed, and all I did was drive. /:)
It's a known death race if you go off road in one.

Shoulder

It's the one where you drive very fast on the highway while being chased by the cops and have to drive through the air yard. It's basically a giant U-turn speed run.

TechnoHobbit

Ash nazg durbatulûk
Having to unlock all the mods again slowed me way down, but I'm slowly working my way up the standings in a few races. And I think I finally found a race I can take over with my current skill level.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Having to unlock all the mods again slowed me way down, but I'm slowly working my way up the standings in a few races. And I think I finally found a race I can take over with my current skill level.
"Snowden" @TechnoHobbit