**Need For Speed Most Wanted U Competitive Discussion**

This is probably the most difficult race in the entire game.
Needle Point is a bitch. You're second on my list, I forget who's first but pretty sure it's Bob. What a motherfucker.

I'm not friends with Silent Bob actually. Maybe I should consider that. :-?
You most definitely should not consider that.
He's ugly as sin
Yes, his face plastered on all those billboards is disturbing. I want to hop out of the car and deface them with spray paint.

TechnoHobbit

Ash nazg durbatulûk
Good, but not quite good enough :>

I was also extremely close to completely destroying the police chase record, but in the end when I had it down to a level 2 chase my luck ran out and I got pinned in a bad spot @};- But I learned a ton from that chase, I'll try again come monday.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
I'm compelled to try another police chase and see just how high I can get. I calculated from my last outing that in a half-hour I reach over 50k speed points, so you figure if this was going on as long as the chase in the original Gone in 60 Seconds (around 40 minutes), 60-70k SP is achievable.

Shoulder

When I did my run, it was in the Maserati, but with all the strong mods so hitting cop cars weren't an issue except for the SWAT trucks. Nice job on that run though. Would've been cool if you had recorded it and then sent to Menashe to add to the TNE channel. Maybe I'll do that one of these days. :-?

Shoulder

I first need to get something to record with, but I've been meaning to get something I can just hit record. I know Avermedia makes the Live Gamer portable, which I've heard good things from Rich of ReviewTechUSA. I'll be researching this more thoroughly. :-B

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
We need to get an online NFS night set up. The speedwalls have gotten so competitive that it's stopping me from even popping in the game (I know me, and I don't want to spend three hours on one race), but we haven't done enough joyriding.

Shoulder

I agree, we need to have another NFS night. And yeah, the speedwalls have gotten pretty competitive I must say, and I haven't been helping that. :p

EvilTw1n

And yeah, the speedwalls have gotten pretty competitive I must say, and I haven't been helping that. :p
I didn't mean that as a complaint, exactly. ;) Honestly, those few weeks where we were all posting our times on the forum here was one of the most exciting times I've had with the Wii U. There might be a few walls I could take back, but the time investment would be rather large for one race, and odds are I'd be knocked back off the next day! After we had leapfrogged on the walls for awhile, it seems like I've hit a plateau.

Basically, the competitiveness is awesome, but my talent level isn't up to the top competition. So I'll probably have more fun drinking beer and running into oncoming traffic.

EvilTw1n

^
@imthesoldier - Looks like it's that time. I've wanted to do a little racing, too.

Definitely check out the "offline" portion, though, Cyan. Part of the fun of this game is Autolog. We're constantly competing against each other's times, even when we aren't in multiplayer.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
^
@imthesoldier - Looks like it's that time. I've wanted to do a little racing, too.

Definitely check out the "offline" portion, though, Cyan. Part of the fun of this game is Autolog. We're constantly competing against each other's times, even when we aren't in multiplayer.
Came to post this about the autolog, leaves happy.

Cyan

Wow, I'm sorry but this game plays really badly due to lack of shifting. I remember being awesome in NFSU on Xbox, and using shifting as a way to make corners. This is just a shame, cause the game looks great, and even has the hatchback Ford Focus I love.

Shoulder

Mario Kart 8 won't have shifting either. Just think of it as a more serious and realistic version of Mario Kart without all the Nintendoness in it.

Speaking of which, we will definitely have get on with some Online soon. Tomorrow night could be a good night, although I can't stay up too late as I work on Saturday, but that night would definitely work for some good ole racing action. :mcool:

EvilTw1n

Wow, I'm sorry but this game plays really badly due to lack of shifting. I remember being awesome in NFSU on Xbox, and using shifting as a way to make corners. This is just a shame, cause the game looks great, and even has the hatchback Ford Focus I love.
I truly sympathize. You can ask people here from around launch; I had gone on a media blackout and didn't know there wouldn't be a manual transmission option. At first, I was miffed. This game requires you to really adapt; other NFS games hit smack-dab in the middle of the "arcade-sim" spectrum, but at first blush, this one is way more arcade-y.

But there's a different sort of depth here, instead. You really have to use the boost as a sort of up-shift on straights. And if you're trying to set a great lap time, that means planning out drifts and slides (to generate more boost), plus daring yourself to see how much speed you can carry through a corner.

Good taste in cars, btw. That Focus is fantastic.

Cyan

>The feel when you realize there are easy and hard races.
>The feel when the first race you picked, Jumping Jacks, is labeled hard.
:mfacepalm:

Shoulder

^
It's mainly down to the cars. Some "hard" races become "easy" or "medium" if you pick a different (faster) car.

Also, make sure you turn off traffic when you're ready to go for a hot lap.
So much this. If you want a chance in hell of topping some of the better times out there, turning traffic off is a must. That and it turns the world into an open world race track, which is probably the best part. :)