**Need For Speed Most Wanted U Competitive Discussion**

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
@CyanPrime - I gotta check out my friend's list. I would've sworn I had to you on there.

Also, we gotta get @juegosmajicos to see if we can Twitch a night of NFS.
I'm probably down for it tonight. Only thing is that I don't know if the game has an option to put the voice chat through the TV speakers instead of the gamepad, so that might be a problem right now just like with COD. But we can try and see what happens.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
I'm probably down for it tonight. Only thing is that I don't know if the game has an option to put the voice chat through the TV speakers instead of the gamepad, so that might be a problem right now just like with COD. But we can try and see what happens.
I'll be around later tonight, so let's give it a shot. I think @mattavelle1 should be around as well. @Mike D. you game if this happens?

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Man, just checked back in here. It's already 11. Probably just gonna hit the bed. We'll have to set up a twitch night soon.

Shoulder

Man, just checked back in here. It's already 11. Probably just gonna hit the bed. We'll have to set up a twitch night soon.
That's fine, Mike. The option is always there. Most Wanted isn't going anywhere for awhile...well at least until May 30th for many of us. I know you're not too keen on Mario Kart and that's fine. If we need our racing fix, and no Mario Kart, there's always Most Wanted. Speaking of which, Shin'en, where's FAST Racing Neo?

Shoulder

I would have some catching up to do as well. I believe I'm 5th or 6th in the running. Maybe if I concentrate on some more speedwalls, the top spot will come naturally. :mfancy:

I was playing some SP Most Wanted last night, and just as I was about to post a screenshot when the game froze just as I hit the home button. No biggie though.

EvilTw1n

:deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep sigh:

Every time I put up a good time, I see shoulder burn a second or two off of it. Not tenths. Seconds. Must've been what Prost felt like racing Senna.

Last edited:

Shoulder

:deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep sigh:

Every time I put up a good time, I see shoulder burn a second or two off of it. Not tenths. Seconds. Must've been what Prost felt like racing Senna.
I actually did that time months ago, but after the forum switch, the photo got lost. Now I upload photos to my photo bucket account, so I'll always have them. This is the part that got me during that particular race. I messed up the final turn, and yet still got that time. I tried to beat it last night and couldn't, and obviously a little bit this morning (hence the photo I got). So even I don't know how I got it, considering it wasn't even a perfect run.

Oh, and this was with the Audi A1 btw, which is a fantastic and seriously fast car for its size.

EvilTw1n

I actually did that time months ago, but after the forum switch, the photo got lost. Now I upload photos to my photo bucket account, so I'll always have them. This is the part that got me during that particular race. I messed up the final turn, and yet still got that time. I tried to beat it last night and couldn't, and obviously a little bit this morning (hence the photo I got). So even I don't know how I got it, considering it wasn't even a perfect run.

Oh, and this was with the Audi A1 btw, which is a fantastic and seriously fast car for its size.
Yep, I use the little Audi on that one, too. I love that car. There are gaps I'll go for in it that I wouldn't attempt in other cars (iirc, before the big jump at the end of this race, there's a turn before the gas station - you can either use the bend, or a teeny little sidewalk gap before there; it doesn't gain you any extra time to use the sidewalk because you have to decelerate more, but you can actually fit the A1 in there for grins).

Y'know, your time is even more impressive, because the first time I beat @Goodtwin there, I did it in 1:30 dead. And I thought, "well, let me see if I can trim it down into 1:29 territory." Lot of good that did.

Shoulder

Yep, I use the little Audi on that one, too. I love that car. There are gaps I'll go for in it that I wouldn't attempt in other cars (iirc, before the big jump at the end of this race, there's a turn before the gas station - you can either use the bend, or a teeny little sidewalk gap before there; it doesn't gain you any extra time to use the sidewalk because you have to decelerate more, but you can actually fit the A1 in there for grins).

Y'know, your time is even more impressive, because the first time I beat @Goodtwin there, I did it in 1:30 dead. And I thought, "well, let me see if I can trim it down into 1:29 territory." Lot of good that did.
Between that, and the final turn, those are probably the most difficult to get right, although the first turn after those mini-jumps are difficult to maneuver because you want to be able to cut the corner and just barely miss the column. Ideally, if you can play the apex rule, that's probably the best option.

Shoulder

I have a question for all NFS:MW owners: What do you suppose is the most intense <1:00min race in the game? Or one that could be done in under a minute? Why you ask? Oh nothing... :mgrin:

EvilTw1n

Need for Speed is never dead, only the players who give up trying.
Man, some of the times on those boards aren't easily bested. This game is a ton of fun, but after 80-ish hours, it's more a matter of patience (replaying the same race over and over) than fun factor now.

Then again, there's always the insane bumper cam. Always good for a few laughs.

Shoulder

Man, some of the times on those boards aren't easily bested. This game is a ton of fun, but after 80-ish hours, it's more a matter of patience (replaying the same race over and over) than fun factor now.

Then again, there's always the insane bumper cam. Always good for a few laughs.
I only use the bumper cam, and it's not for laughs. :msrs:

Interestingly enough, I actually get a lot of enjoyment beating lap times. It's that competitiveness of myself that extends to other areas besides jsut video games. I don't like losing, simple as that, and when someone does beat my time (That Jumpin' Jack lap time of yours is very difficult to beat), I get a kick out of trying to beat it.

If only MK8 had leaderboards between friends...