**Need For Speed Most Wanted U Competitive Discussion**

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Its amazing how much you guys have shaved these times down. I have no patience for such a grind, but I am impressed with those who do. This really was a gem, and I am thankful Criterion gave Wii U gamers a good racer. If they hadnt pushed, EA would have scrapped this game. Thats sad, I have nearly 100 hours into it, and its one of the best port to Wii U for sure. I loved the Burnout games on Gamecube, and their take on NFS definitely hit home with me. To bad Criterion is a shell of its former self, but sure glad we didnt miss out on this game.
It really does get frustrating to do the same race for 2 hours, restarting at the first error (or if you don't get a good rolling start). I'm also about 100 hours in, and a lot of that time is just from failing to top a speed wall.

But we still have the online, which is way more chill. Have to put together another NFS night soon.
I've realized that in some corners for some races, not drifitng is the fastest.
I think I might try the race again tonight with the Clarkson/Shoulder method. I don't ever use the one-shot boost, either, so maybe I'll have to give that a shot.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
It really does get frustrating to do the same race for 2 hours, restarting at the first error (or if you don't get a good rolling start). I'm also about 100 hours in, and a lot of that time is just from failing to top a speed wall.

But we still have the online, which is way more chill. Have to put together another NFS night soon.

I think I might try the race again tonight with the Clarkson/Shoulder method. I don't ever use the one-shot boost, either, so maybe I'll have to give that a shot.
I find the powershot boost to be better managed for speed, because it's good to use after a corner with a long straight, or simply a long straight. It's also reminiscent of the original Burnout games, so that's a nice tidbit.

But notice in the vid I didn't even have the Powershot Pro, so my bar was only half as much (and I unlocked the aero body pro while in the race), so there's definitely some more left in that M3, I'm sure. I think a sub 2:05 is possible with it, if not close to the two min mark, which I find to be the holy grail time for that race.

I also find the M3 to be better balanced, and more grounded. The 911 prefers to get more air than the M3, even though it is probably faster. Remember, I was only .56sec behind my fastest time, and that was in the 911. The M3 could easily beat my time.

Wow, we are such nerds. :mgeek:

EvilTw1n

I also find the M3 to be better balanced, and more grounded. The 911 prefers to get more air than the M3, even though it is probably faster. Remember, I was only .56sec behind my fastest time, and that was in the 911. The M3 could easily beat my time.

Wow, we are such nerds. :mgeek:
Well, us being nerds is a given. :p

About the only thing they really nailed with handling differentiation in this game is when you drive a rear/mid-engined vehicle. The 911 is just more squirrel-y (although definitely faster in a straight line). Funnily, they kinda gave old school 911 handling to the Veyron (which has so much mass out back that you can spin it out fairly easy, even though it's a mid-engine car). So yeah, I'll take the M3 any day. The noise it makes is glorious, too.

Anyone up for some racing tonight?

EvilTw1n

@EvilTw1n

After some trial and error, I decided the M3 was the better choice. More stable, and there's definitely more left in it.
So I've been sitting here, wondering if I should fire NFS:MWU back up.

On one hand, it's probably fruitless. Maybe if I spend another 6 hours on that race, I can get one really good time in that might be competitive. But probably not, because that's an insanely good time you put up. Trimmed nearly 0.4 seconds off my very best effort. That's badass work, dude.

On the other hand, it would be a violation of the TNE NFS:MWU Code Of Wall Topping (COWT) if I didn't at least try.

Shoulder

So I've been sitting here, wondering if I should fire NFS:MWU back up.

On one hand, it's probably fruitless. Maybe if I spend another 6 hours on that race, I can get one really good time in that might be competitive. But probably not, because that's an insanely good time you put up. Trimmed nearly 0.4 seconds off my very best effort. That's badass work, dude.

On the other hand, it would be a violation of the TNE NFS:MWU Code Of Wall Topping (COWT) if I didn't at least try.
I mucked it up on a couple of corners towards the end due to the adrenaline kicking in. I need to better control it during times such as these, as well as during real life moments. Maybe that's why I love this competition because I get that adrenaline rush.

I need to learn to harness and control my adrenaline, and only then will I be unstoppable! :msrs:

EvilTw1n

When?

I also don't own Call of Duty on Wii U anymore heads up
I'd say watch the chat. Probably about 9 EST.

(And although I'm saddened that we cannot ironically bro-shooter together any more, I respect your decision, COV.)
I'd be up for a DUI night on Friday. You know? the night we've been talking about for quite some time? :msrs:
I think this is arrange-able.

Do you have your 3DS on you? We might have to get some MonHun in at some point.

I always said I bought Call of Duty only for you guys. We haven't played in forever, and it doesn't look like it'll change soon. So I gave them up. I'm sad too that we don't do it anymore, but with Splatoon, Monster Hunter and Smash, no one really cares about it anymore.

At least we'll have Triforce Heroes mang

And 9 is fine, gives me time to watch Beetlegeuse.

Shoulder

I'd say watch the chat. Probably about 9 EST.

(And although I'm saddened that we cannot ironically bro-shooter together any more, I respect your decision, COV.)

I think this is arrange-able.

Do you have your 3DS on you? We might have to get some MonHun in at some point.
I always hav my 3DS on me on the road, so I'd be up for some MH. How about tomorrow night? I was planning on playing some single player this evening, so maybe the next day we can get a crew together. And then Friday night for some good ole NFS action.

I just got back from the restaurant in the hotel and had two Jameson on the rocks, and I feel pretty good right now. Maybe add one more (or two...), and it would be perfect for a DUI night. :msrs:

EvilTw1n

edit: for real though, we should play it more often.
Indeed. One of the few games where effing over your friends is expected, and always funny.
lol, the voice chat had me rolling.
Maybe we'll have to stick with it. I mean, I have no idea what anyone was really talking about last night, but it was funny.
When are you moving @EvilTw1n ? How long you gonna be without internet?
Depends on when the new landlord lets me move stuff in, and then when Comcast decides to turn interwebz on afterward.

[And yeah, I just made a Fried quote sandwich with COV as the bread.]