New 3DS sales reportedly top 230,000 on Japan debut | Monster Hunter 4G also clears 1.6 million

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/478831/new-3ds-sales-reportedly-top-230000-on-japan-debut

Sales of the new 3DS models reportedly topped 230,000 units in Japan during the week ended October 12.

The upgraded hardware launched in two flavours, 3DS and 3DS LL (3DS XL in the west), on October 11.

According to estimated Famitsu data posted on NeoGAF, the systems moved a combined total of 233,483 units during the two day tracking period, 172,332 of which were the N3DS LL version.

This can likely partly be explained by the fact that the larger model launched both standalone and as part of a Monster Hunter 4G (Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate in the west) hardware bundle.

Monster Hunter 4G sales came in at 1,617,949 units, Famitsu also reported. Retail monitor Media Create will publish its weekly hardware and software sales data later on Wednesday.

The new 3DS models won't launch in the west until 2015, but they will arrive in Australia and New Zealand on November 21, opening the doorfor European gamers looking to import the handhelds. The systems will employ the same region locking policy as previous iterations, which group Australia, New Zealand and Europe in the same territory lock.

Nintendo announced the upgraded versions of 3DS and 3DS XL in late August. They feature a number of improvements over existing models including a faster CPU, dual analogue sticks, face tracking for improved 3D, and built-in NFC functionality.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/478831/new-3ds-sales-reportedly-top-230000-on-japan-debut

Sales of the new 3DS models reportedly topped 230,000 units in Japan during the week ended October 12.

The upgraded hardware launched in two flavours, 3DS and 3DS LL (3DS XL in the west), on October 11.

According to estimated Famitsu data posted on NeoGAF, the systems moved a combined total of 233,483 units during the two day tracking period, 172,332 of which were the N3DS LL version.

This can likely partly be explained by the fact that the larger model launched both standalone and as part of a Monster Hunter 4G (Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate in the west) hardware bundle.

Monster Hunter 4G sales came in at 1,617,949 units, Famitsu also reported. Retail monitor Media Create will publish its weekly hardware and software sales data later on Wednesday.

The new 3DS models won't launch in the west until 2015, but they will arrive in Australia and New Zealand on November 21, opening the doorfor European gamers looking to import the handhelds. The systems will employ the same region locking policy as previous iterations, which group Australia, New Zealand and Europe in the same territory lock.

Nintendo announced the upgraded versions of 3DS and 3DS XL in late August. They feature a number of improvements over existing models including a faster CPU, dual analogue sticks, face tracking for improved 3D, and built-in NFC functionality.
Those are some pretty good sales for only two days on the market.

Ex-Actarus

That's pretty good launch, hopefully this will help the 3Ds which sales on a year to year have been cut in half !

I think that the New 3DS, Monster Hunter 4G, Smash 3DS, Yoktai Watch games and Pokemon will ultimately help the 3DS reaching 80% of last year number which would be quite impressive in itself !

I think that this success could also secure Monster Hunter future on Nintendo platforms.

Ex-Actarus

What I really don't understand is why the DLL/XL sold more...
I though that people would go for the New 3DS with changeable covers.
I'm very surprised !

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
When it comes to the US, I plan to get the New XL. I prefer the bigger screen, and the XL is more comfortable to hold. I have larger hands, so the original DS became uncomfortable to play for long periods.

simplyTravis

Lamer Gamers Podcast Co-Host
I am looking forward to this but realllly wish they would have upped the resolution. That is the only thing holding this bad boy back! Also..if this thing can screencast to the U I would be in line today!

I'm worried it won't sell as well out here in the US. It is going to miss the Christmas season and there aren't any games that I see gamers really wanting on it in the younger demographic. Sure, MH4 will be great and so will Xenoblade but do we have any Pokemon, Mario, or anything else cool like that lined up?