New Nintendo Direct Thursday!

repomech

resident remnant robot relic
After that last one I'm going to have to try reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally hard not to get unreasonably excited in advance. Any word on whether it's the 3DS one? Or the WiiU third party one?

*fingers crossed for 3DS*

Aki

I'm glad that there is one coming out. It shows that they care about us after what's happened this week with Rayman and Aliens.

I hope that they show off some more cool upcoming games or show us more about the big hitters like Smash, Zelda and Kart.

Wii U has had a really bad PR week, hopefully, this can lift out spirits.

Koenig

The Architect
Part of me wants and expects another fantastic showing of new information *Please be Metroid, please be Metroid, please be Metroid...*But at the same time I have a feeling that they have already used most of their big announcements in that last direct and will hold there remaining major information till E3, leaving this as a stop gap.But...who know?

repomech

resident remnant robot relic
This just seems like a localization and announcement of a few ports direct, maybe we'll get something new and unexpected.
Yeah this sounds about right. Apparently the Direct's are regionally varied. Europe's is only talking about the 3DS, North America is WiiU and 3DS, and Japan doesn't get one at all (at least so far). Does suggest that 3DS localization news is probably the order of the day (I can dig it). No idea what they're gonna talk about for WiiU, maybe known games like Monster Hunter? Maybe a couple new ports?

So if this is being delivered by NoA, does this mean watching it would involve having to watch Reggie? Cause in that case I'll just wait for the info summary afterwards thanks.

Ex-Actarus

I'm expecting key annoucements from Nintendo.
After the amazing roadmap from the "Redeem Feed" of the 23th of Januray, they need to give "dates" on on hand.
On the other hand, re-assure EVERYBODY of the 3rd party devs support with key titles.
Once again i'm expecting HUGE titles as Watch Dogs, Destiny or Versus 13 !
Not ports from already released games.

I think it's also going to be a standard ND, with just a closer look at things we already know about.
At the very most Majora's Mask 3D (Wind Waker announcement means it was skipped out), perhaps BLOPS 2 DLC as PS3/PS got announced two days ago.
Maybe even something eShop like Pokemon Rumble U

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
I'm actually really excited about the 3DS annoucements.
A Zelda and a 2D Metroid ?
BELIEVE !

If they announce a 2D Metroid for 3DS, I'd buy the handheld tomorrow.
I'm guessing Deus Ex HR port and Watchdogs port.
I'd happily take that. :)

I think it's also going to be a standard ND, with just a closer look at things we already know about.
At the very most Majora's Mask 3D (Wind Waker announcement means it was skipped out), perhaps BLOPS 2 DLC as PS3/PS got announced two days ago.
Maybe even something eShop like Pokemon Rumble U
Optimisim, not used to it around these parts ;)

There is a rumour going around that they will announce a new 3DS Zelda game, possibly a sequel to Skyward Sword. Remember the Swapnote Aonuma sent out last year teasing a new Zelda game. They must have been working on this for a while now and honestly a game set in an already established universe would be much quicker to make than an entirely new one. I can't wait I'm really excited. BTW ill be watching the European one.

Wii U info prediction

- Pikmin 3

- Need for Speed; Most Wanted

- Wii Street U

- Resident Evil Revelation Unveiled

- Straight Right port

- Toki Tori

- Wii Fit U

- Ghost Recon Online

- Lego City Undercover

- Monster Hunter Ultimate

Special surprise announcments

- Watch Dogs

- something else cool

I forgot about the 3ds, so some of that stuff might not get talked about for time reasons.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
i'm just hoping they show some 1st party gameplay besides pikmin. it didn't take nintendo long to make the most out of the wii with games like MP3 and Galaxy 1, so i think if nintendo shows a 2014 1st party game, it will give a glimpse of what the wii u is really capable of.

i also think this will be their last chance to make the wii look like it will hold up power-wise to xbox3/ps4 if sony reveals on the 20th...

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
And we're back on the rollercoaster dive of being a Nintendo fan if they do that. This is getting ridiculous, we have a week of intense hype followed by a week of bad news, followed by a week of a hype then a week of delivery, then another week of bad news and then one of depression.
I'm starting to wonder whether this is not just Nintendo gamifying their own consumers's fan experience. "peak here, trough there, then a challenge crescendo here, and reward them with ambassador games. Then, up the difficulty again so they stay engaged, but keep giving them Nintendo Directs so they don't lose focus..." and so on.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite

And we're back on the rollercoaster dive of being a Nintendo fan if they do that. This is getting ridiculous, we have a week of intense hype followed by a week of bad news, followed by a week of a hype then a week of delivery, then another week of bad news and then one of depression.
I'm starting to wonder whether this is not just Nintendo gamifying their own consumers's fan experience.
"peak here, trough there, then a challenge crescendo here, and reward them with ambassador games. Then, up the difficulty again so they stay engaged, but keep giving them Nintendo Directs so they don't lose focus..." and so on.

eh, i don't think the vast majority of wii u owners pay as much attention as we do.

EvilTw1n

And we're back on the rollercoaster dive of being a Nintendo fan if they do that. This is getting ridiculous, we have a week of intense hype followed by a week of bad news, followed by a week of a hype then a week of delivery, then another week of bad news and then one of depression

Yeah, but this roller coaster is pretty much illusory. We're half-way through February; we knew back in January that March was when we'd start getting some good stuff. My mind is still kinda blown that people freaked out over Rayman. If Watch_Dogs does get announced tomorrow, it's going to make the overreactions all the more laughable.

Just realised it's at midnight here :( I'm trying to get in a good sleep pattern for going to uni so I guess I'll just wait until tomorrow and pretend it's live :))

The Australian Nintendo site says it's just 3DS. It would be better to have it as Wii U, but I guess they've only recently had that huge one. Oh well :/ Then again, I can't be sure, while it does say that it's a Nintendo 3DS Direct, it also says that it will air at 24:00 February 14th, which is a non-existent time :p It is airing in Australia at 00:00 February 15th though so I don't fully trust that :)) God I love Iwata. He's so awkward, but so funny.

There is a rumour going around that they will announce a new 3DS Zelda game, possibly a sequel to Skyward Sword. Remember the Swapnote Aonuma sent out last year teasing a new Zelda game. They must have been working on this for a while now and honestly a game set in an already established universe would be much quicker to make than an entirely new one. I can't wait I'm really excited. BTW ill be watching the European one.

Skyward Sword engine on 3DS would be asking a bit much surely? Also it would loose the games fantastic control scheme which made it so unique. Be easier to do a OOT3D with MM and make MM3D.
Wii U info prediction

- Pikmin 3

- Need for Speed; Most Wanted

- Wii Street U

- Resident Evil Revelation Unveiled

- Straight Right port

- Toki Tori

- Wii Fit U

- Ghost Recon Online

- Lego City Undercover

- Monster Hunter Ultimate

Special surprise announcments

- Watch Dogs

- something else cool

I forgot about the 3ds, so some of that stuff might not get talked about for time reasons.
I honestly don't think theres going to be much Wii U considering its just North America featuring some Wii U. NFS, Lego, MH3 are a safe bets, Straight Right could happen as they hinted a reveal soon. Two Tribes seem to be struggling with Toki Tori 2 so not sure we will see it. Think all hope for Ghost Recon is long gone like Metro Last Light.
Don't worry, there will be some Wii U stuff too, starting in about an hour and a half from now.
I'm confident it will be a standard direct. Focussing on imminent things to keep us busy until E3. There won't be anything huge as they've already announced the big guns for E3 which will release at the end of the year, leaving Retro's title as the surprise reveal.

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
I think the console zeldas have been using a modified version of the same engine since oot... that would explain the strange dithering issues in skyward sword

MANGANian

Megalomaniacal Robo-Zombie
Just came back from the Direct video. It really wasn't better than the previous Direct but that Deluxe Bundle keeps getting better every time.

EvilTw1n

Well. That certainly was underwhelming. Unless you want to go on a 3DS eShop buying spree.
Can't drop megatons everyday, I suppose. ;)

Well. That certainly was underwhelming. Unless you want to go on a 3DS eShop buying spree.
New Super Luigi U DLC for NSMBU is underwhelming? Not something to do back-flips over, but UNDERwhelming? Luigi gets no respect! No respect, I tell ya!

New Super Luigi U DLC for NSMBU is underwhelming? Not something to do back-flips over, but UNDERwhelming? Luigi gets no respect! No respect, I tell ya!
I was pleasantly surprised with it! A bit upset I'm going to have to shell out more on 3DS games than Wii U games for Q1 and Q2 though

Nothing exciting for wii u except NSLU which is pretty cool way of celebrating little brother, but it should probably release in 2014 or later because i think it's too soon to release this year since NSMBU just came out. I was hoping they would make a 3D luigi game instead though cause i would have bought that.

3DS had a great showing on top of having a third party direct coming next week.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
Nothing exciting for wii u except NSLU which is pretty cool way of celebrating little brother, but it should probably release in 2014 or later because i think it's too soon to release this year since NSMBU just came out. I was hoping they would make a 3D luigi game instead though cause i would have bought that.

a NSMBU GOTY edition (luigi stuff on the disc, or at least a download code) and nintendo land bundled with wii u deluxe would be great for november. especially if xbox3/ps4 launch this year.
i think a new 3d mario will go a long way to kill off nsmbu sales anyways...

Ex-Actarus

The 3DS is sahping up into the best console system outhere.
Period !
The amount of content is impressive.
But the best thing is the quality of the content there.
And what about the eShop ? There are treasures there.
I hope the 3DS revival will give some hope to those who believe that the Wii U has already lost.
I can't wait for E3.

With all rhis good stuff before E3, it surely means we have retro, kuju and third party stuff to look forward too. Anyone elsw hoping for sw 1313?

Ex-Actarus

With all rhis good stuff before E3, it surely means we have retro, kuju and third party stuff to look forward too. Anyone elsw hoping for sw 1313?
Kuju ?
I forgot about those guys. Are you hoping for a new Battalion Wars ( hopefully wih multi this time around... ) ?

1313 should come considering it's coming to the other consoles and Star Wars actually sells well on Nintendo Consoles, but that's up to the publisher to decide so i guess we will see.

Huh? Did I miss something? I thought this was supposed to be the 3rd party direct. Next week there is another kind of "direct" that I'm looking forward to.

Huh? Did I miss something? I thought this was supposed to be the 3rd party direct. Next week there is another kind of "direct" that I'm looking forward to.

Yeah, I'm not sure... has that been confirmed? (The 3rd party direct) Given we only know a couple of days at most in advanced, I doubt it... but I wouldn't get my hopes up too much, I just assume it'll probably happen before E3.

Ex-Actarus

All the Luigi love was great! I really want to play Luigi's Mansion.

Wii U news was about what I expected.

Good Nintendo Direct.

Rosa
I agree.
It's great to see Luigi on the frontpage for once.
But what about Toad ? No love for him :( ?