New professor layton game revealed

Socar

So the game stars Layton's daughter who is basically like Layton but more of the young side.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/professor-laytons-daughter-stars-in-the-newest-gam/1100-6442184/

Its coming out both on 3DS, ios and Android.

My first reactions were that its a bit jarring to see a dog speak when the previous entries didn't do such a thing....it tends to break some realism to me at least.

I honestly can't say anything about this. If the game is anything but Azran Legacy where the story is incredibly cliche, I'm all for it.

Koenig

The Architect
I will probably pass on this one...
I loved the original Layton games, but found the direction they were taking to be increasingly un-instersting. They simply lacked the spark that the original few games had, coupled with the fact that the original creator passed away recently; I find it hard to return to the series again.

Odo

I loved the original Layton games, but found the direction they were taking to be increasingly un-instersting. They simply lacked the spark that the original few games had, coupled with the fact that the original creator passed away recently; I find it hard to return to the series again.
That's true :(

Socar

Not to disrespect Akira Tago here but he didn't make the professor layton series. The puzzles that were made in those games are the ones he made.

The real creator is Akihiro Hino the CEO of Level-5. Again, not to disrespect the former as the puzzles in the original games are amazing as hell!

But I agree with you here. Ever since Miracle Mask showed up, the series has lost its spark. Even Last Specter had fun puzzles here and there.

Azran Legacy is where I got disappointed with the series really as it does several things wrong and makes the whole progression pointless.