[Nintendo] Bayonetta 2... 1080P?!?!

Impressions from Siliconera with the game at PAX:"I don’t know what the inspiration for Bayonetta 2 was, but it’s clear it went through the “crash and build” process. 1080p clarity clear, in fact. One of the characteristic traits of a Kamiya game is creating a visual spectacle, and Bayonetta 2 doesn’t disappoint—but like with Zelda: Wind Waker HD, it seems that the demo available at PAX Prime this year was the same build from E3. As I’ve learned from my previous hands-on experiences, though, seeing and playing are two completely different experiences."
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/06/bayonetta-2-is-sexier-faster-and-more-badass-than-its-predecessor/
Could the game have received a 1080p upgrade from E3?
If so...

Ex-Actarus

Not sure if it's true, but if it is, it's quite a big deal.

So many PS4 / Xbone titles struggle to reach 1080p or 60fps.

Bayonetta 2 would meet both... WOW !

Last time I saw it in person, it was native 720p/60, but it did look almost 1080p native thanks to the great upscaler in the Wii U consoles which were all set to 1080p, so maybe that's all they're talking about now. Not that they were tapping anywhere near all the power a few months back, because they were not, but I remain skeptical that it would have that kind of jump over the summer. I'm thinking many of these people claiming 1080p are used to the older/lesser hardware of the ps3 and 360. Either way, it wouldn't make a big difference to most of us with normal sized TV's. It looks awesome regardless.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Either way, it wouldn't make a big difference to most of us with normal sized TV's.

This. Resolution wars are fruitless. Unless you've got a 60" TV and you sit quite close to it, you're probably not going to care if it's 720p or 1080p. Subtle differences are subtle. Badass game looks badass, regardless.

[I've got a 32 720p set and sit about 7'-8' away. No complaints here. I can't see me really going above a 40 TV.]

This is my most wanted Wii U game.... It can't come soon enough.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
^ yeah the resolution is a much bigger deal on a computer monitor. on a tv screen you probably can't tell the difference unless you have two screens right next to eachother displaying the different resolutions.

that said, I'll take 1080p every time if I have a choice. it's better for text and icons especially.

Goodtwin

I will concur that resolution isnt that big of a deal unless you sit very close to the tv. At the same time, Wind Waker and Rayman Legends do stand out as being quite a bit clearer. You do notice 1080p, even for me sitting 8ft away from my 42inch LG. Its possible that the Wii U could actually be better at handling resolution than it is lots of advanced shaders and lighting. You can have GPU's that are limited in shader cores, but have very good fill rate. They may not be able to push the graphics fidelity much past 360 quality, but thanks to the superior fill rate is able to render it at 1080p. Thats why its always a good idea to look at PC benchmark test. Some GPU's take a huge hit when going from 720p to 1080p, but then some other do not, but may take a hit when you start raising the graphic fidelity. Resolution and fidelity are not always interchangeable, some GPU's are stronger is some areas than others, and the fact that the GPU on Wii U draws to the super fast edram, 1080p might not be as costly as one might think if the GPU happens to be very strong in the fill rate department.

GaemzDood

@Jacesonall, don't doubt me. Those two games and The Wonderful 101 are my reasons for getting a Wii U. If Nintendo invests more into core games from other developers, I'd care about them a lot more.

Tapatit.

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

They've always invested in core games^

Its just a lot of them have been platformers lately and spread between their handheld/console.

I mean you see how Microsoft has been treating Rare XD

@Jacesonall, don't doubt me. Those two games and The Wonderful 101 are my reasons for getting a Wii U. If Nintendo invests more into core games from other developers, I'd care about them a lot more.

Tapatit.
But the minute Bayonetta 2 and W101 says "Developed by Nintendo EAD", your preorder is canceled?