[Nintendo] Club Nintendo program being discontinued and replaced with another rewards program.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
http://club2.nintendo.com/program-notice/

club.Nintendo.com said:
Important Information on Club Nintendo Program Discontinuation
Dear Club Nintendo Members,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Nintendo.

We launched Club Nintendo 6 years ago in North America, and we’re grateful for all of the feedback that our members have provided on your experiences with our products.

In order to focus on planning for a new customer loyalty program for our fans, we’ve decided to wind-down the Club Nintendo program. We are deeply thankful to our members for being a part of Club Nintendo for all of these years.

We will share details about our new program at a later date. For now, please see the schedule below for information on the discontinuation timeframe for Club Nintendo.

All Coins will be deleted when Club Nintendo accounts are closed on July 1, 2015. As a result, to give our members the best opportunity to use their Coins, we will add dozens of downloadable games and a limited quantity of exclusive reward items to the rewards catalog in February. In addition, as a small token of appreciation for your loyalty, all Club Nintendo members will receive a free download code for Flipnote Studio 3D in February 2015. Please visit here for information on the software and how to get the download code.
Hopefully some of these new rewards we'll get next month are pretty good. I haven't gotten anything good from Club Nintendo, besides games, in years.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
More:

club.Nintendo.com said:
Club Nintendo program discontinuation schedule
1/20/2015
Products released after this date are not eligible for registration with Club Nintendo
3/31/2015
Last day to earn Coins, register products with Club Nintendo, and sign up for new Club Nintendo membership
6/30/2015
Last day to redeem Coins or access your account on the Club Nintendo website. Club Nintendo program shuts down at 11:59pm PT on 6/30/2015.
Your Account and Coin Balance
The information in your Club Nintendo account will not be transferred to the new loyalty program. We are adding multiple items to our reward catalog, so please be sure to redeem your Coins before the deadline on June 30, 2015. Unused Coins will be deleted as of July 1, 2015.

2015 Elite Status
In order to reach Elite Status, you must earn 300 Coins (for Gold Status) or 600 Coins (for Platinum Status) between July 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015. Members who reach Elite Status will be able to choose a downloadable game from a wide selection of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U titles. Your free Elite Status gift will be available between April 1 and April 30, 2015. A list of the Elite Status 2015 gifts will be posted here once announced.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Also

club.Nintendo.com said:
FAQs about Club Nintendo program discontinuation
  1. How long can I keep earning Coins?
    1. The last day to register products with Club Nintendo, take surveys, or earn Coins is March 31, 2015. Surveys in your To-Do list will be deleted after March 31, 2015, so please be sure to register products or take surveys by that date. Please note that products released after January 20, 2015 cannot be registered at Club Nintendo, and will not be eligible for surveys or Coins.
  2. But I have Club Nintendo PIN # that is valid past March 31, 2015.
    1. Products cannot be registered after March 31, 2015, regardless of the expiration date written on the PIN card.
  3. Will the games I download still be registered with Club Nintendo?
    1. Club Nintendo-eligible games that you download will continue to be registered to your account automatically until March 31, 2015 if your Nintendo eShop account is linked to your Club Nintendo account. After that date, games will no longer be registered with Club Nintendo. To find out which games you can register, please see Eligible Products. Click here to learn how to link your Nintendo eShop account to your Club Nintendo account.
  4. When is the last day to join Club Nintendo?
    1. You can join Club Nintendo until March 31, 2015.
  5. When is the last day to redeem Coins on Club Nintendo?
    1. The last day to redeem your Coins is June 30, 2015. Any unused Coins will be deleted on July 1, 2015. We are offering a large number of digital games, and select physical rewards, so we are sure you can find something you like. Limited quantities are available for the physical rewards, so please be sure to check out our Get Games & Rewards page for each item’s availability.
  6. What happens to my Coins if I don’t use them all?
    1. Any unused Coins in your Club Nintendo account will be deleted on July 1, 2015.
  7. When is the last day to get the download code for the digital games I chose?
    1. The last day to access your Club Nintendo account is June 30, 2015, so please be sure to get your 16-digit download code(s) for any games you’ve received before that date.
  8. Will the download code ever expire?
    1. Yes, all download codes redeemed from Club Nintendo will expire on July 31, 2015, so please be sure to download your game from the Nintendo eShop before that date.
  9. Do I need to cancel my membership?
    1. No, your account will automatically be cancelled on July 1, 2015, so there is no need for you to cancel your account.

Odo

Maybe this is the first step for the discount system they talked about before. I want to get cheaper prices for my loyalty, it'd make Club Nintendo program much better.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Maybe this is the first step for the discount system they talked about before.
Yeah that's pretty much what they said. That's why I'm glad Club Nintendo is ending, because the new system is pretty much guaranteed to be better based on what little Iwata talked about before, and based on the fact that Club Nintendo always sucked for North America.

FriedShoes

MLG
Time to team up and grab them massive discounts!
Got 1500 coins in the bank. Guess I'll wait and see what they add next month. Always wanted the Mario Themed Hanafuda.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Hmmm, Deluxe Digital Promotion ended last month, and now Club Nintendo is discontinuing? Something tells me Nintendo have something in store that addresses both of these, but for everyone.

Maybe this is the first step for the discount system they talked about before. I want to get cheaper prices for my loyalty, it'd make Club Nintendo program much better.
What discount system, exactly? I don't recall hearing about this.

Looks like it's finally time to redeem all my codes from loads of games and systems and spend my Stars...I'm excited to find out what the new thing will be.

Hmmm, Deluxe Digital Promotion ended last month, and now Club Nintendo is discontinuing? Something tells me Nintendo have something in store that addresses both of these, but for everyone.

What discount system, exactly? I don't recall hearing about this.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...anning-Discount-Program-for-Regular-Customers
it was mentioned way back in one of their investor meetings. At the time they were investigating how they could effectiviely implement discounts.
According to Iwata, Nintendo may consider "[offering] flexible price points to consumers who meet certain conditions" with the hope of creating "a situation where these consumers can enjoy our software at cheaper price points when they purchase more." In addition to increasing "the number of players per title" the company believes fan friendly pricing could also help foster an environment where "players will play our games with more friends," something that would "help maintain the high usage ratio of a platform."

In addition to buying games, Iwata also stated that "inviting friends to start playing a particular software title" could also be a discount earning condition. The proposed program would apparently utilize newly announced Nintendo Network ID's, which it's working to implement across the Wii U and 3DS. According to Iwata, the company hopes to launch this new program "in the medium term" but wants "to start experimenting with Wii U at an early stage." Iwata offered no details as to how deeply Nintendo would consider discounting its products.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Does all this shit allow certain members with access to voice chat?
I'm sure one of the clauses will read, "No complaining about voice chat is allowed, in fact, if I EVER hear ANOTHER FUCKING WORD about 'voice chat this, voice chat that', I SWEAR ON YAMAUCHI'S GRAVE I WILL RUIN YOU. And also you will be disqualified from our rewards program."

Shoulder

I'm sure one of the clauses will read, "No complaining about voice chat is allowed, in fact, if I EVER hear ANOTHER FUCKING WORD about 'voice chat this, voice chat that', I SWEAR ON YAMAUCHI'S GRAVE I WILL RUIN YOU. And also you will be disqualified from our rewards program."
Nintendo just needs to understand there are other regions besides Japan, and voice chat is very popular outside of the Land of the Rising Sun.

TechnoHobbit

Ash nazg durbatulûk
I'm going to miss it to be honest. Club Nintendo has had it's flaws, but I've gotten some cool stuff from it.

The new program interests me quite a bit though, if handled right it could be pretty good. I wonder if there's any chance we could hear more about it at the 3Q results and investors meeting that will be happening here in about a week.

repomech

resident remnant robot relic
Loving the Flipnote Studios news. Been waiting for that since they implied it would be launched soon after the 3DS (back in 2011). This has been one of my most eagerly awaited pieces of software for the system (really only behind the Monster Hunter and Fire Emblem games in terms of raw localization anticipation) and I had more or less given up hope. Excellent.

Club Nintendo as a separate account through that derelict website was on borrowed time since the launch of NNID's. Whether the name would be retained is really neither here nor there. My hope is that whatever replaces it has a less Byzantine system for tracking and accessing rewards than the coin/survey economy or the credit issues of the Digital Deluxe Program.

As for whatever rewards they'll put up on the site between now and July - I have to say I'm not even going to concern myself with anything physical and therefore scarce. There are thousands upon thousands of Club Nintendo members out there hoarding thousands upon thousands of coins each. Any new physical reward that goes up will be like a DDOS attack from the depths of Hades for a site that hobbles along barely functioning at the best of times. It's all about the digital download selection. Fingers crossed for some intriguing titles there.

Have they said whether they intend to honour this year's Platinum and Gold status rewards?

Koenig

The Architect
I believe they said that the Platinum and Gold members will be rewarded with their choice of a downloadable game, much like last year.

That in mind, I am still hoping to get one or two physical items from the rewards list. I already own practically every vcon game they offer so physical items are the only thing of any value to me.

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly. If I had to guess I'd say the new program will take ideas from both CN and the Deluxe Promotion, which would be pretty cool because it would have as rewards physical things as well as digital games.

Shoulder

My thoughts exactly. If I had to guess I'd say the new program will take ideas from both CN and the Deluxe Promotion, which would be pretty cool because it would have as rewards physical things as well as digital games.
Yeah, what Nintendo needs to do is reward people for buying games, and they did that to an extent wih CN and the DDP, but both were limited in their own right. CN you had to register your games, and DDP you could onlybuy Digital games that would count towards your 10% return, and you had to own the Deluxe Wii U, which not everyone has.