Nintendo Direct Expectations and Wishes

What do you think Nintendo will announce to help calm down the doom? I personally expect this one to be better than the last one because the competition has arrived with much fanfare and because Donkey Kong is coming out next month and i think a great direct can positively influence some fence sitters to pick up a Wii U when it comes out.

Potential Panic mode direct Reveals:

- Bayonetta 2 Trailer/Developer Walkthrough

- X title announcement Trailer/ Developer walkthrough

- Yoshi Wii U trailer

- Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem Gameplay trailer

- New Wii U Pokemon game

- Fast Racing Neo Gameplay Trailer/ Second Shin'en Wii U game announced

- Mario Kart Wii U Battle mode Trailer

- Nintendo IP x ? IP

- 3rd Sonic Game announced

- Newcomer announced Smash Wii U/3DS

- Another HD remake

- Wii U Sports Baseball

- Miiverse expansion

- Next Major Wii U system update

- New Exclusive Indie games revealed

- Monster Games Wii U title

- Next Level games Wii U tile

- Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze E-Shop Demo

- Exciting Virtual Console announcements

- New downloadable Application(s) (like google streetview, youtube, panorma view etc.)

- Wii U Zapper announced

- Monster Hunter 4 Wii U/3DS for the West

- Monster Hunter 5 Wii U Exclusive moneyhat

- Devils Third Wii U exclusive ?

- Major Exclusive game no one saw coming

- Mainline Zelda Tease/Reveal

- Miyamoto New IP tease/Reveal

- Retro Second project Tease/Reveal

- EAD Tokyo second project Tease/ Reveal

Obviously, most of that is not going to be announced all at once, some of it probably doesn't even exist.Feel free to add anything else that you think may get announced or want announced.

ASuch

The Salt Master
They're going to have a Direct soon to go over their release schedule this year, I'm not expecting much. They'll have a Direct dedicated to Donkey Kong, that's for sure.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
There was this rumor from a few days ago:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=176598
It just sounds WAY too good to be true, but I can see some of those things actually happening. Obviously the rumor said a ND would happen by the end of this week, and it's right now the end of the week, so that's already one part of the rumor shot down.
Most critically though, I want them to announce more collaborations, Miyamoto's new IP, cross-platform buys for 3DS and Wii U games (VC chiefly), etc.

For the next direct I only expect release dates for already announced games (X, Bayonetta 2, MK 8, SSBBU/3Ds), New trailers (X, new character for Smash bros), at least two new Wii U games (Pokken and something else) and an indie reel. I really hope we get a new ND before the inverstor meeting and not after, because they really need to get into panic mode after slashing their Wii U forecast from 9 to 2.8 million units.

ASuch

The Salt Master
Ugh, I hate Nintendo rumors. They're almost always false, and the ones that end up true are the ones we DON'T want to be true. I'm just gonna take my hype and leave a massive shit on it. Just give me the Direct.

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
- Bayonetta 2 Trailer/Developer Walkthrough

I think we just need a new trailer here, we don't need a walkthrough, we get it, but some flashy fun trailer stuff would be nice... show us some different areas, a few bosses, some crazy cut scenes, etc...

- X title announcement Trailer/ Developer walkthrough

again, I don't think we need a walkthrough... just confirmation on what the online is and a story trailer, according to Takahashi's wife, what we have seen is just teaser stuff

- Yoshi Wii U trailer

I think this is 2014... good feel gets their stuff out pretty fast, I am surprised it has taken this long

- Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem Gameplay trailer

I REALLY want to see this... I kind of hope it is (as some rumors have suggested long ago) an entirely new IP that borrows ideas from the 2 rather than a direct crossover

- New Wii U Pokemon game

anything we get will be a non-main entry... this has been made painfully clear... our only hope of a true pokemon game on a console is if nintendo makes a hybrid console

- Fast Racing Neo Gameplay Trailer/ Second Shin'en Wii U game announced

this isn't really panic button material.. most will just ignore this... Nintendo should have just given them f-zero

- Mario Kart Wii U Battle mode Trailer

I think it would need to be mroe than just that.... I remember when the ds kart came closer to release and they had a whole blow out even showing TONS of very new stuff.. they need soemthing like that to generate more excitement... battle mode is just expected I think

- Nintendo IP x ? IP

a new IP? cannot imagine nintendo revealing that anywhere but e3.. even when in dire straits

- 3rd Sonic Game announced

would barely raise a whisper... even if it looked amazing there would be an expectation of mediocrity

- Newcomer announced Smash Wii U/3DS

would have to be a big one to build buzz.. like mega man was not necesarily 3rd party.. just big and surprising... ridley, that guy from mario rpg nobody will shut up about, maybe little mac

- Another HD remake

would have to be big... either a full on remake like even more so than wwhd, or a rare game... like xenoblade.... maybe a metroid prime remake with a bunch of new stuff would do it... but it would have to be a big overhaul since trilogy already exists... I think I saw a remastered re4 on steam on "coming soon" if that is a HUGE remake like complete graphical overhaul it could be a big get for nintendo... as a console exclusive.. people associate that game with nintendo

- Wii U Sports Baseball

would barely raise a whisper... NEW wii sports entries might though

- Miiverse expansion

I can't imagine a major overhaul.. Nintendo has been quietly enhancing it since it came out... I think stamps, and 3ds access were about as major as could be for that service... maybe something thta uses Miis in a cool way... like a mii based animal crossing type experience that ties into all the games you have on your system... kind of like home, but simpler and with that nintendo magic

- Next Major Wii U system update

this would only generate excitement if it was major... like making games be tied to account rather than system and cross play on any device that plays them... or a complete UI overhaul... though folders would probably give a little excitement (id be excited)

- New Exclusive Indie games revealed

do not think indie games will drive much more excitement.. it is the one thing the wii u is flush in... upcoming indie games that is... exclusives would be itneresting... but only if they are really exciting.. like the next from 2d boy... sony has some major psn exclusives like flower and journey, nintendo would need an equivlant to get any hype there

- Monster Games Wii U title

revealing a bunch of fun but not earthshaking games wont do them much good... they need heavy hitters.. so again, only if its major... and they are already helping on dkc:tf.. a better prospect would be..

- Next Level games Wii U tile

now we are talking... punch out... not another remake but something that ads some new to the game while keeping the charm... that would be the biggest they could probably do

- Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze E-Shop Demo

this game shoudl do fine... but it isn't exciting anyone... it is the next game coming out and yet hen people talk abotu wii u games in 2014 they never mention it... it should eprform alright.. but it isn't exciting

- Exciting Virtual Console announcements

this could make a pretty big impact.. but given nintendo's track record I doubt it... it is a shame becuase this is an easy one too... add more modern systems... saturn, dreamcast, and gamecube... then flood the marketplace... especially with rare games like the gamecube fire emblem or titles never released in america before like terranigma... earthbound had a pretty big impact.. but that was about as big as they could do with 1 game... they want to outdo that they need a flood or a service wide announcement.. like vc games will work on both wii u and 3ds with 1 purchase... or aggressive sales like the 30 cents promotion they had before

- New downloadable Application(s) (like google streetview, youtube, panorma view etc.)

really don't care here... I am all about chromecast now for that kind of thing...but there ARE some services they would do well to get.. hbo go and crunchyroll for example

- Wii U Zapper announced

might do more harm than good unless it came with soemthign that really shocked and amazed people.. liek a game that is awesome looking and an entirely new experience... otherwise it'll just call up the gimmicky image of the wii for hardcore gamers and continue to be ignored by casuals

- Monster Hunter 4 Wii U/3DS for the West

I think it is a good idea... nitnendo should money hat it to capcom and make it VERY easy to go between console and handheld (cloud save) and pack the 2 games together in a single package... and allow cross multiplayer for both online AND local (1 player on 3ds, 1 on gamepad, and another on the TV with a pro controller.. maybe 2 on gamepads.. maybe more on 3ds.. but pack the 2 copies together and it'll encourage 3ds owners who get the game to get a wii u sicne they already have a game for it)

- Monster Hunter 5 Wii U Exclusive moneyhat

this could indeed be big, but I doubt it.. capcom is all about handhelds with that series now... mh3 taught them that once and for all... our only hope is an up-port like 3g

- Devils Third Wii U exclusive ?

wont happen... it could make an impact... buzz on the game ahs died out... but that is because it disappeared... if it came back strong and then had a "wii u exclusive" at the end of a new trailer it could have a HUGE impact

- Major Exclusive game no one saw coming

THIS is what they really need.. but it would have to be really big... no idea what it could be... probably should have been kingdom hearts 3

- Mainline Zelda Tease/Reveal

I think this is getting more and more likely.. a very cool but cryptic tease with a full reveal at e3

- Miyamoto New IP tease/Reveal

cannot imagine this outside of e3

- Retro Second project Tease/Reveal

again can't imagine this outside of e3

- EAD Tokyo second project Tease/ Reveal
it is probably mario... something closer to galaxy since that is a different team than who handled 3d world... mario would be the wrong message right now... give him the year off... hit back hard and fast with him in 2015... announce at that e3 release in november.. but don't even mention it until e3 2015... they over milked mario... they can't really stop... but they should ease back a bit... int he meantime... give us 3d world dlc.. and make it clever.. not just new stages... call of duty always has their zombie dlc.. I think thatwould actually be kind of cool with mario.. like a cute zombie game (think plants vs zombies) with mario mechanics... have it star wario and waluigi and 2 other characters from warioware/land... perhaps include an online multiplayer component.. like a capture the flag mode.. that is the thing about dlc.. you can totally jump the shark... and Nintendo should... they should give HUGE dlc updates to all their major wii u games... the 3d world zombie thing, make f-zero a dlc pack for mario kart 8... a completely different game that uses the same engine and can be bought on the eshop independently for $30 or as a dlc for mk8 for $20 (kind of like new super luigi.. accept not a retread).. I think that would even get more people to play f-zero because they already have kart.. so yeah.. why not try out its dlc... and of course f-zero fans will play it no matter what... they could do the same for wave race and pilot wings....

Would be so cash if Nintendo whipped up a Super Bowl commercial for 2014 Wii U titles. Not like the cutesy Super Mario 3D World ones, but one more geared to teens and adults (With CGI & Gameplay and stuff).

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I gonna go with my ol' standby mode for these types of events.

I expect , WiiU Music, Kirby, a new Pokemon, some crappy 3rd party ANNOUNCMENT like Smurfs 4 and wrap it up with another DK Announcement from Retro that there next game is in development and it's also DK.

Yep that's about right. Anything above this is a bonus

I expect to see:
  • Mario Kart 8: Trailer, newcomers and release date
  • Kirby Triple Deluxe: Release date
  • Super Smash Bros: announcement of a returning veteran (I expect Meta Knight to celebrate Brawl's anniversary), hopefully a release season
  • Bayonetta 2: release season and new trailerX: proper title, release season and new trailerHyrule Warriors and Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem: new trailersnew game: maybe Pokkén, 3DS Metroid, or the third Sonic game
I'd also put Yarn Yoshi, but I don't expect new info of it until Yoshi's New Island is released.

ASuch

The Salt Master
It also sounds like you people aren't used to the Nintendo hype cycle yet :p
Either
1) You get hyped and started expecting things and you get massively disappointed (this happens a lot)2) You expect nothing and the return is great (January Direct)3) You expect nothing and you're not displeased (opposite of 1)
We've been over this every Nintendo conference, "I will never get hyped for something like this again!"
:p

I would assume they would do their best to get rid of any negative thoughts about the Wii U by releasing new trailers and dates for stuff as well as announce new things to hype people. The 3DS will continue to kick arse as well. I won't expect too much though.

Yeah, in all seriousness, if we look at this from the perspective that Nintendo will dig themselves out of the ditch they are in, the ND is probably not going to be mediocre.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
New trailers for:
-DKCTF
-Smash
-Kart
-Bayonetta 2

Maybe more info on, or new trailers for, X and Zelda Musou.

Possibly announcement of port for original Bayonetta (with enhancements), and another big HD remake (yes, I'd take Twilight Princess).

One or two possible surprises, and more stuff that makes me wonder why I don't own a 3DS.

Now that I think about it. I do expect a brand new Super Smash Bros character from the Donkey Kong Country universe before Tropical Freeze comes out. It's either going to be Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong or King K. Rool.

ASuch

The Salt Master
Yeah, in all seriousness, if we look at this from the perspective that Nintendo will dig themselves out of the ditch they are in, the ND is probably not going to be mediocre.
Didn't we say that for E3 2012 and E3 2013? :p

Koenig

The Architect
It also sounds like you people aren't used to the Nintendo hype cycle yet :p
Either
1) You get hyped and started expecting things and you get massively disappointed (this happens a lot)2) You expect nothing and the return is great (January Direct)3) You expect nothing and you're not displeased (opposite of 1)
We've been over this every Nintendo conference, "I will never get hyped for something like this again!"
:p
Words to live buy.

hogge

I expect to hear that Yarn Yoshi has been canceled. To be honest, the main problem is that Nintendo have announced too many similar games, making the software drought seem worse than it is.With Nintendo prioritizing the development of New Mario, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and Yarn Yoshi, the 2D scroller genre is more than covered for. Yet, still Nintendo thought it was necessary to show off Rayman during their own E3 conference and brag about it being an exclusive title.I hope to hear that the talent has been shifted from that project, due to generally "meh" reception and the redundance of the title, in favor of let's say a new Starfox.
In general, I'm hoping for Nintendo to announce several new games, but not a single game with "Wii" in the title.
A major thing I've hoped for for the last fifteen years has been for Nintendo to make an equivelant of Gran Turismo. With the Wii U's past and current problems, surely even Iwata has to have realised the need for such a title.
Nintendo has acquired the Bond license, Retro Studios making FPS based off it.

But in all seriousness, my expectations are very low by now.

theMightyME

so I covered OPs points.. but as for my own opinion on what will be shown at the next direct

- new story trailer for X and a narrowed time frame for release
- new trailer for bayonetta 2 and a firm release date within the first half of the year
- talk of mario kart 8 along with some footage detailing a ton of modes and such, firm release date for first half
- new character reveal (and/or new mode) for smash... firm release for first half
- dlc for 3d world announced (hopefully something clever and unique but probably just more levels)
- new details about hyrule warriors... but probably not a new trailer
- a 3rd party game reveal.. hopefully an exclusive... but probably not... nothing too huge... but something unexpected... perhaps a late port, maybe revengence, or tomb raider, maybe minecraft
- some teases for what is coming at e3... including a confirmation that zelda WILL be shown at e3
- wii u yoshi, full trailer... tentative 2014 release date (date will be revealed at e3)
- something not game related.. either an announcement about a change of focus with marketing, or maybe a hint at infrastructure changes, maybe hbo go... soemthign along those lines
- and a potential wild card... animal crossing wii u

theMightyME

I expect it to be a load of boring shit. I haven't watched them for like 6 months. Gaming is dead.
you are probably right.. and being so makes you safe from being let down... but it is just too depressing for me to think like that... I'd rather be optomistic and disapointed than pessimistic and depressed

Cyan

I expect it to be a load of boring shit. I haven't watched them for like 6 months. Gaming is dead.
you are probably right.. and being so makes you safe from being let down... but it is just too depressing for me to think like that... I'd rather be optomistic and disapointed than pessimistic and depressed
Shi't, I'll be happy when they put Mario 3 on VC.

Wolven

The Wolf of TNE Street
Announce Shenmue 3.
Announce Sega buy out.
Begin reUmagined program and announce it with remake of Majora Mask.
Earthbound Wii U
Announce a spin off Zelda title based on Zelda's OOT story.
Pokemmo
Show of sizzle reel with the likes or terraria and minecraft.
New FZero
New Star Fox
New Mach Rider
New Metroid.
New Star Tropics.
Announce 3d world dlc which is basically remastered versions of previous Mario games.
GBA, GameCube and N64 VC games announced.
New monkey ball.
Exclusive deals with Red Steel 3, ZombiU 2 and Eternal Darkness.
Kingdom Hearts 3 coming to Wii U.
Oh and for FPS fans Half Life 3 exclusivity announced
Yeah I think I have my hype in check no way I am going to get disappointed right?
Right!?!?

Would be so cash if Nintendo whipped up a Super Bowl commercial for 2014 Wii U titles. Not like the cutesy Super Mario 3D World ones, but one more geared to teens and adults (With CGI & Gameplay and stuff).

I think Nintendo should try getting some ad time during the Super Bowl as well for Smash/Kart.

Nintendo needs to start stealing more games and developers, because most of the stuff on my list is just preaching to the choir. I just want to see more of X ,Bayonetta 2, so even if the shareholders, retailers, and publishers aren't happy with the Direct it will at least make my day.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Well, Monster Hunter 4G was just announced, so maybe they'll announce a Nintendo-published localization (and Wii U version), like with 3G / 3 Ultimate?

Well, Monster Hunter 4G was just announced, so maybe they'll announce a Nintendo-published localization (and Wii U version), like with 3G / 3 Ultimate?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fRJ2ymatGEboom. No Wii U version though, apparently only a 3ds exclusive this time around ...for now

Cyan

Iwata personally announcing that we're getting... wait for it... NES Tetris, for the hardcore crowd! See!? Nintendo knows what they're doing! ...Right?

Ex-Actarus

RELEASE DATES !!!
I'm tired of this 2014 wihout any more details for the vast majority of big games.
It's been one year now that were had that amazing Nitnendo Direct and we knew then about Smash 4, Mario Kart 8, X and Bayonetta 2.
It's time to have clear roadmap for thos games.

PRICE / BUNDLES
Then we need special announcements regarding the Wii U bundles and cost.
I'm hoping for a 200$ Wii U bundle that would be without the gamepad but with the Pro Controller.
Or 250 $ without the gamepad but with Mario Kart 8 and the Pro Controller,
Such a price would drive boost sales significantly.

METROID
We didn't have a single Metroid game since Metroid Other M.
The game was released in 2010, it's about time we hear about a new games ( or games ).

SURPRISES
No one is better than Nintendo for surprises.
I just want one :)
Anything

I completely agree on release dates, or at the very least narrow it down to a quarter or a month. Although I don't think we'll see any price drops.

As for games, I think we can definitely expect to hear about DKCTF, Mario Kart 8, Smash, and Bayo 2, possibly even something for X or Yarn Yoshi. I'm sure we'll hear about some 3DS games as well, but I think they'll probably be focusing more on Wii U.

I'm also expecting them to throw in a surprise during the next direct, to build up more Wii U hype. Possible entries could be a new Metroid, the third exclusive Sonic game, Miyamoto's new game, maybe a new Starfox, or another third party collaboration.

Ex-Actarus

I completely agree on release dates, or at the very least narrow it down to a quarter or a month. Although I don't think we'll see any price drops.

As for games, I think we can definitely expect to hear about DKCTF, Mario Kart 8, Smash, and Bayo 2, possibly even something for X or Yarn Yoshi. I'm sure we'll hear about some 3DS games as well, but I think they'll probably be focusing more on Wii U.

I'm also expecting them to throw in a surprise during the next direct, to build up more Wii U hype. Possible entries could be a new Metroid, the third exclusive Sonic game, Miyamoto's new game, maybe a new Starfox, or another third party collaboration.

I really won't be surprised if the next Metroid game is kind of a double project ( as Smash 4 ).

A FPS ( or FPA if you wish ) for Wii U and 2D game for a 3DS.

That would be so cool and hell of a surprise.

Ex-Actarus

Would really like to hear more on FExSMT, because when that game comes out I know I'll be throwing hundreds of hours into it.

I agree.

Do we know who is developing it ? Is it Atlus or Intelligent Systems ?

I hope it's Atlus, so Intelligent Systems can bring Advance Wars 3DS and Paper Mario Wii U :)

Would really like to hear more on FExSMT, because when that game comes out I know I'll be throwing hundreds of hours into it.

I agree.

I hope it's Atlus, so Intelligent Systems can bring Advance Wars 3DS and Paper Mario Wii U :)
I think they're collaborating.
This is all we know about the game (And the next Advance Wars): http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/shin-megami-tensei-fire-emblem-set-modern-world-nintendo-denying-development-advance-wars/

I want Nintendo to come in and fuck shit up basically. Be like "Hey, we fucked up, so here is a dope lineup of games that you can only play on the Wii U." And come out with some hard hitters.

I want Nintendo to come in and fuck shit up basically. Be like "Hey, we fucked up, so here is a dope lineup of games that you can only play on the Wii U." And come out with some hard hitters.
If they don't acknowledge that they screwed up in some way or form by making the next direct a total megaton, they're only going to make it harder for even the Nintendo enthusiasts to be enthusiastic lol.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fRJ2ymatGEboom. No Wii U version though, apparently only a 3ds exclusive this time around ...for now
They're saving it for Nintendo to announce at the Direct.

ASuch

The Salt Master

I agree.

I think they're collaborating.
This is all we know about the game (And the next Advance Wars): http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/shin-megami-tensei-fire-emblem-set-modern-world-nintendo-denying-development-advance-wars/
A new AW is confirmed?

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
I'm expecting release dates of games that are currently announced and footage and more information of games coming out before E3. I'm kind of expecting a couple of light Nintendo Directs from now till E3 in order to have stuff to actually show at E3. E3 2013 could've been so much more amazing if they showed off A Link Between Worlds, X, Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei, etc. at E3 instead of Nintendo Directs