Nintendo games would be so much better on another system or PC.

No more worry about selling their consles or handhelds anymore. They
could finally focus on bettering their games, putting everything they
have into them. I just noticed that Bowser in the Wii version of Smash
looks better than the Wii U version so far.

Plus all these 2D games are only made to help them survive, get the
casual gamer interested. If they just made games for other systems, they
could end all that crap and just go back to making beyond great games
that actually moved forward, instead of backwards.

I would be kind of sad to never own a Nintendo system again, but the constant 10/10 games again would make it worth it.

That may sound good, and could be, one thing you have to realise is that Nintendo Hardware often dictates Nintendo Software. For example, if Nintendo didn't have motion controls for Wii, their games like Skyward Sword wouldn't be possible. Yeah there's PS Move or whatever, but Nintendo Hardware still affects their Software majorly. I think if Nintendo made games for other systems they would be less 'unique' perhaps. On the other hand not all of their games even use their hardware's capabilities so it's a tricky topic. This should be a good thread for discussion hopefully.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
How would they be better? Please elaborate your logic.
Yes, before I respond, I would love to hear more about "how" they would be better on another system. Are you talking quality? With less time spent on hardware, they could spend more time making games? Fancier graphics? Do tell.

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

Oh god not this fucker

@mattavelle1 This guys is a problem seed.

I've seen his kind lurking about, I foretold Chris about the dark spawn many moons ago, and now... they're here!!

On the subject of Nintendo's games

NIntendo's games dont run the best on X86 hardware.
So Im going to say no.
Besides Nintendo's hardware is far sturdier and are much more targeted pieces of kit.

You're better off emulating Nintendo's games on a PC. You get more overhead and it allows you more freedom to do what it is you want, while NIntendo's source material is cheaper but more integrated work from a design and artistic standpoint.

I'd take PC's emulating the GCN's hardware over Nintendo directly releasing games on PC any day.

When it comes to their games, Nintendo's a bit persnickety. Valve isnt. :p

But you know what they say, opposites attract.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
They'd look better...and that's about it...oh and they'd be less polished and cost more to make due to them having to develop on multiple more powerful consoles

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

Multiplatform Nintendo? No.

PS4 Nintendo? Nope.

Occulus rift Nintendo? have at it

PC only nintendo CD project Red Style? Maaaaayyyybbbeee

But my original post knocks that maybe into solid no.

Majorbuddah

My real name is Dolemite
NIntendo's games dont run the best on X86 hardware.
they would if they were developed for X86...

anyways.... would they be better? well, yeah. they could have better physics/graphics/AI/etc if nintendo took advantage of the hardware. and IMO the gamepad and the wiimote don't actually do anything to enhance gameplay, (except for stuff like dead space extraction or house of the deal overkill, which is sweet). so yeah i'd like to see nintendo games on another platform. mario kart on ps4 would be sick. with that said, i don't think the wii u hardware is holding nintendo back from making the games that nintendo wants to make. they're about nsmb, not arma 3.

Odo

It's amost like the cinema.The movies get there first. You're lazy and don't want to go to the cinema nor pay the price. But when you go you see how magic cinema is. People excited, popcorn, Coke, ice-cream (I love ice-cream on the cinema), that great sound, etc. So you just go and pay for it.
That's why we buy Nintendo systems. Nobody here is fan of Nintendo systems themselves. We are fans of Super Mario Galaxies, Metroid Primes and Skyward Swords (they run on Nintendo systems and they work very well there).
Nintendo systems are not a thing that you must buy, they're more like magic kingdoms or paradise gates. And the games we love need this kingdom, this gate that a Nintendo system is. Our beloved mother-ship.

I think any game could be enhanced on newer hardware. I've never seen anyone argue otherwise.

It's just that the current hardware isn't outdated yet, so like, nobody is really complaining.

Ex-Actarus

Both Sony and Microsoft are released some games on both PC and their consoles.
I was wondering if Nintendo could do something similar with certain types of games.
Everquest Next will be on both PC and PS4.
Titanfall is on PC and Xbox consoles.
Those 2 games are both exclusives to Sony and Microsoft.
They could have been made ONLY on consoles, but for some reasons they are on consoles and PC, why ?
Is this applicable for some Nintendo games ?
If yes, which ones ?

Nintendo has done a good job making their games exclusively good on their hardware. Normally, I play my RTS and TBS games on PC (really the only platform they exist on), but from what I've played, Pikmin 3 would be less entertaining on PC.

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

It begs the question of why you'd want to play their games on anything other than their native platform.
Would I want Mario Kart on a xbone or a PS4? No. just put it on a PC then.

There's a reason people use PPC in consoles. Its certainly not cheaper.

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
Both Sony and Microsoft are released some games on both PC and their consoles.
I was wondering if Nintendo could do something similar with certain types of games.
Everquest Next will be on both PC and PS4.
Titanfall is on PC and Xbox consoles.
Those 2 games are both exclusives to Sony and Microsoft.
They could have been made ONLY on consoles, but for some reasons they are on consoles and PC, why ?
Is this applicable for some Nintendo games ?
If yes, which ones ?
Well none of those games are made by Microsoft or Sony's 1st/2nd party developers so that'd explain it

nerdman

pig's gotta fly
I came into this thread expecting an argument about software being held back by the hardware, but instead OP thinks the people who make the software are the same people who make the hardware.
And don't kid yourself. If NIntendo went software only, they'd still make plently of 2D games.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
How would they be better? Please elaborate your logic.
Try reading the OP. :p

I explained everything there.
No, actually, you didn't. You said they would be, but you didn't say how or why. Why would Nintendo games on another platform be a 10/10? What about being on that other platform would propel it above what it would be on Nintendo's platform?

Tucker

“Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”
I'm still just trying to figure out how OP figured this was a blog; it's barely over 100 words.

GaemzDood

I don't even buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games, and you expect me to want them to come to another platform which the higher ups would hate? Fuck outta here lmao.