[Nintendo] Nintendo Considered Showing Zelda Wii U At E3

"According to series creator Shigeru Miyamoto, Nintendo's new Zelda game for the Wii U is coming along nicely -- and was nearly shown at this year's E3.

We just spoke with Mr. Miyamoto about many of Nintendo's upcoming games, including Pikmin 3 and Super Mario 3D World, but when when we asked about a new original Zelda game for Wii U (which has been rumored to be out in 2014) he said that the game is farther along that many thought. Actually, the company had considered showing the game at this year's E3.

Miyamoto said, "We're also working on a new Wii U Zelda game. Work on that is progressing fairly concretely. In fact, we were thinking about showing it here at E3 but decided to wait just a little bit longer before sharing it with everyone."

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/06/11/nintendo-considered-showing-new-zelda-wii-u-game-at-e3.aspx?

:((

At least they could've shown some art :-?
Not showing anything yet will make their reveal more epic though won't it. Well maybe...
~:>
They probably decided that they didn't need it and wanted to hold something back in reserve.

Maybe... But I think we will know about the game later in the year...

Yeah this year but now what ever they show will be epic even if it's just some screen shots or a short trailer. If they had revealed it here then we'd want more later. That's what I think they were thing anyway.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Alas. Zelda would have been a fantastic capstone, the one big surprise.

The thing is...if they don't reveal it in a Direct? Then we're waiting until E3 next year. And if so, we know how Zelda is with delays. 2014 isn't a given.

20(gulp)15 could be.

Alas. Zelda would have been a fantastic capstone, the one big surprise.The thing is...if they don't reveal it in a Direct? Then we're waiting until E3 next year. And if so, we know how Zelda is with delays. 2014 isn't a given.

20(gulp)15 could be.

I'm sure we'll see it in some form before the nest E3. I'd expect to see something this year.

As for release I'm expecting the next Wii U Zelda to be their big Q4 2014 game.

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
Makes sense to me. If you show off a new Zelda game, people expect to see polish, even in the first reveal. If they don't have something fairly polished to show off, then I would definitely wait as well. You don't want people to say "Oh, so there's a new Zelda and... it looks alright, I guess?"

Makes sense to me. If you show off a new Zelda game, people expect to see polish, even in the first reveal. If they don't have something fairly polished to show off, then I would definitely wait as well. You don't want people to say "Oh, so there's a new Zelda and... it looks alright, I guess?"

Yeah, they don't want to dampen the hype for it.