[Nintendo] Smash Brothers Wii U To Run At 1080p

Because when you make a thread, it doesn't show on the home page, so people don't know that there's a new thread. :D
I saw the thread before you posted bump though.
~:> At least I think I did.

Yeah I think this is exciting considering how zoomed out the fights can be in big stages. I always had a problem playing SSBB on my HDTV because of the low resolution, but its pleasing to know that everything will be crystal clear now.
Would love to hear the game also being 60FPS, but not going to be upset if it's not.

Would love to hear the game also being 60FPS, but not going to be upset if it's not.
I would. Fighters should more or less require top notch FPS
Same here. Main reason why I don't think I'll be disappointed is because the way they showed off SSB4 didn't seem to bother me framerate wise though that might be due to the fact that I don't know what I could be getting out of a 60 FPS fighter. All I know is that I would love to see a smooth picture for a game like SSB so the potentiality of experiencing disappointment is there.
One thing I would really like to see them do is revamp the animations. A lot of them look very similar to SSBB animations which would be lazy if they kept it that way if you ask me.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Because when you make a thread, it doesn't show on the home page, so people don't know that there's a new thread. :D

I saw the thread before you posted bump though.
~:> At least I think I did.

When you start a thread, it shows up on the specific forums, but it doesn't register as a new thread on the database for some reason. This affects people that rely on the "What's new" feature that shows all the new threads. It's a minor glitch that we never got around to fixing, but people started doing a "bug bump" when they start threads or see threads without replies, which I think is a cool community thing.

You heard me right -- we turned a "bug" into a "feature".

Because when you make a thread, it doesn't show on the home page, so people don't know that there's a new thread. :D I saw the thread before you posted bump though. ~:> At least I think I did.

When you start a thread, it shows up on the specific forums, but it doesn't register as a new thread on the database for some reason. This affects people that rely on the "What's new" feature that shows all the new threads. It's a minor glitch that we never got around to fixing, but people started doing a "bug bump" when they start threads or see threads without replies, which I think is a cool community thing.

Ah I see. I haven't used that.

Bug features huh. What is this Animal Crossing. :p

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
It's a minor glitch that we never got around to fixing, but people started doing a "bug bump" when they start threads or see threads without replies, which I think is a cool community thing.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/251192_f520.jpg

Superfakerbros

ECE 2018
I would. Fighters should more or less require top notch FPS
Same here. Main reason why I don't think I'll be disappointed is because the way they showed off SSB4 didn't seem to bother me framerate wise though that might be due to the fact that I don't know what I could be getting out of a 60 FPS fighter. All I know is that I would love to see a smooth picture for a game like SSB so the potentiality of experiencing disappointment is there.
One thing I would really like to see them do is revamp the animations. A lot of them look very similar to SSBB animations which would be lazy if they kept it that way if you ask me.
Simple, you'd be getting a game that doesn't feel like your button inputs are getting delayed. I'm quite sure most fighting games are 60 FPS, including SSB

Goodtwin

That makes the visuals a bit more impressive. A lot of people dont realize that 1080p is more than double the pixels of 720p, and thats nearly twice the load on the GPU. 1080P 60fps may persuade me to give Smash Bros another try.

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
I think I heard that Mario Kart was 1080p as well.
I'm quite impressed by Nintendo commitment to 1080p.
And I'm pretty sure I heard that Mario Kart was also running at 60 fps, though I may be wrong on that.

GamingFreak1988

The Platformer Guru
I'd be shocked if mario kart 8 does end up running natively at 1080p and 60fps as it looked in the trailer. Hmm considering how smash bros currently looked it wouldn't be surprising at all then if it runs 1080p and 60fps.. Which is basically confirming back on ign when i said new super mario bros u could've easily ran at 1080p but they just didn't have the time to have it at that at launch. And I remmember getting called out for that.

I'd be shocked if mario kart 8 does end up running natively at 1080p and 60fps as it looked in the trailer. Hmm considering how smash bros currently looked it wouldn't be surprising at all then if it runs 1080p and 60fps.. Which is basically confirming back on ign when i said new super mario bros u could've easily ran at 1080p but they just didn't have the time to have it at that at launch. And I remmember getting called out for that.

If any game can be 1080P & 60FPS then NSMBU could have been given the time.

Goodtwin

Remember how people were actually bashing the Wii U because New Super Mario Bros U ran in 720p? People acted like that was proof that the system was weak. I would be shocked if Mario Kart 8 is able to run in 1080p native. Smash Bros looks nice, but its not a huge leap beyond Smash for Wii other than the 1080p native. Smash doesnt come out until next year, so there is some time left to really squeeze some extra effects. I am impressed that Nintendo is even trying to go 1080P. Rayman Legends proved how nice [email protected] can really be. When the camera zooms out in smash, you will be glad the game runs in 1080p.

Cubits

I'd be shocked if mario kart 8 does end up running natively at 1080p and 60fps as it looked in the trailer.
They said they were working towards having two-player running at 60fps, too. Single player will SO run at 1080/60 if they're going for that.

Not that i really have any problem with games running in 720p. I'd rather have 720/60 over 1080/30 any day.