Nintendo Stocks Surge With Mario Kart 8 Sales and Pokemon Card Game on IPad Announced

SirNintendo submitted a new blog post

Nintendo Stocks Surge With Mario Kart 8 Sales and Pokemon Card Game on IPad Announced

Nintendo has had a strong 2014 compared to the weak 2013, and all indications are showing that it's about to get even better for the company. Coming off another successful month with NPD numbers showing over 1 million copies of Mario Kart 8 sold in the US alone, the announcement of a Pokemon Card Game coming to the iOS systems coupled with the recent strong sales of Nintendo products have caused Nintendo stocks to rise.

Nintendo's stock rose an impressive 6.4%, and peaked at 6.9%. Nintendo...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Gotta be edgy about this iOS pokemon thing. It better not be succumbing to the mobile fad everyones droning on about. Don't want to dimish the value and sales of their handheld lineup and kill it. Otherwise Nintendo will be forced to make a bunch of crappy touch screen games for mobile phones.
If Nintendo wants to push the pokemon franchise, make that damn WiiU (home console) RPG adventure. Gamers have begged for that for eons. Then WiiU will soar (and Nintendo's stocks)

Gotta be edgy about this iOS pokemon thing. It better not be succumbing to the mobile fad everyones droning on about. Don't want to dimish the value and sales of their handheld lineup and kill it. Otherwise Nintendo will be forced to make a bunch of crappy touch screen games for mobile phones.
If Nintendo wants to push the pokemon franchise, make that damn WiiU (home console) RPG adventure. Gamers have begged for that for eons. Then WiiU will soar (and Nintendo's stocks)
I don't think it is. Rather than sticking their heads in the sand and ignoring it. They are cleverly deciding to use it to leverage their own products.

Keeping their own philosophy and using what detractors say will make them weaker to actually make them stronger.

Never mind Smash coming out too. as long as Nintendo's quality and brand aren't degraded by putting their games on phones, I cringe just typing that, it's fine with me if the end result is more people buying Nintendo products. Sadly, I don't see that being the case.