Nintendo Switch - Official Thread

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I'm pretty sure this is the dude who has been talkin about Switch underpowered and how Nintendo Dosent have a chance.

Now he wants them to succeed. But does anyone care after his past few months with Nintendo?

Goodtwin

I'm pretty sure this is the dude who has been talkin about Switch underpowered and how Nintendo Dosent have a chance.

Now he wants them to succeed. But does anyone care after his past few months with Nintendo?

Nah Rich is ok. I just wish he wouldn't go from one extreme to the other depending on whatever the recent rumors say.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Its the flip flopping coupled with his terrible gameplay that is a double no-no for me.
Honestly, I almost preferred it when he did the live stuff in front of a camera as he came off as more professional imo. But again, the flip-flipping confuses me a lot. Like you said, he goes from "OMG, Nintendo doesn't have a chance with the Switch," to "Nintendo might actually do well."

I think part of the problem is he focuses too much on quantity of content rather than the quality. I first started watching Rich back before the Wii U was launched, and he appeared to be more level-headed, and his videos were not as frequent. Now that he's a career YouTuber though, he needs those videos to reach maximum levels of views and likes, and subscribes, so I can tell he's marketing himself, and it's clear it's working because the man has a half-million subscribers, and I remember when he barely had over 50k a few years ago. I get it though, this is his living, but like a journalist (which he clearly isn't), you should establish some consistency, and maybe try to refrain from extreme opinions on the matter.

But I'm not a YouTuber, so what the hell do I know? :mfacepalm:

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord

I think he's ok, and I don't think he actually flip-flops: he just reacts to rumours, and he's generally pretty clear about it.

If he thinks the rumours are negative, he reacts negatively, and if he thinks they are positive he reacts positively. He generally shows pretty Goodwill towards Nintendo though.

That said, I don't really like him. He has this way of overexplaining and reiterating the simplest of points that makes me want to rub off my ears with a cheese grater.

Shoulder

I think he's ok, and I don't think he actually flip-flops: he just reacts to rumours, and he's generally pretty clear about it.

If he thinks the rumours are negative, he reacts negatively, and if he thinks they are positive he reacts positively. He generally shows pretty Goodwill towards Nintendo though.

That said, I don't really like him. He has this way of overexplaining and reiterating the simplest of points that makes me want to rub off my ears with a cheese grater.
Not to mention he takes 5 or 10 minutes to explain something that would take about 2 minutes for most.

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
rich's reactionary views annoy me, plus I think he is very short sighted and limited in his view of what could be successful, he falls into the "if nintendo competed on equal ground, everything would be perfect" category of gamers that I, quite frankly, find to be rather ignorant about Nintendo's strengths and weaknesses, as well as the industry's position on Nintendo

every time I hear him talk I constantly want to interrupt and correct him

I dunno, I just don't think he has any vision at all.

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
rich's reactionary views annoy me
At least he is clear that he is being reactionary though. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing unless you're constantly saying "OMG the world is ending." Hey at least prefaces it with "if this is true, and I don't know if it is, then OMG the world is ending."

theMightyME

At least he is clear that he is being reactionary though. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing unless you're constantly saying "OMG the world is ending." Hey at least prefaces it with "if this is true, and I don't know if it is, then OMG the world is ending."
but that is the thing, even with the "if this is true" it is super suepr reactionary and with a complete lack of vision

it frustrates me when people think that the same solution that works for 1 company will naturally work for another

it frustrates me when no thought is put into WHY a company would do something different, and WHY t might not be a bad idea to do so

it all just feels so limited to me

it is like when people debate the old 3 doors thing...

there are 3 doors, behind 2 are hungry tigers, behind the 3rd is an escape... a host, with knowledge of what is behind each door asks you to pick one... when you do, he reveals, for a split second, one of the tigers behind a door you didn't pick... then asks you if you want to change your pick....

this question is debated constantly, and it is the msot idiotic thing in the world IMO... because anybody that says it is statistically more likely to give you better odds by switching doors isn't solving for the other side of the equation.... NOTHING has changed... no matter what door you picked the door revealed would have had a tiger, the hose has knowledge you do not, it is obvious.. and yet there are some very smart people out there that argue otherwise... and those very smart people are solving for only 1 side of the equation... they are re-solving for the door unpicked rather than re-solving for both doors based on new knowledge

this is how I feel when dealing with reactionary people discussing the switch...

they become obsessed with 1 facet or another without considering the whole

to me that is just stupid, I guess

I mean I don't want to call people names, but it seems very unintelligent to me, to not take the broader view

Laer_HeiSeiRyuu

This is how I feel.

Thanks for being succinct bro

theMightyME

I still think Rich is short sighted though...

He is concerned about spec for 3rd party support but won't acknowledge that even at equal spec there would not be 3rd party parity, and even if there was 3rd party parity, gamers have already chosen the ps4 as the multiplat system of the generation... As a late entry, this is even more true on the switch, what will sell the switch is Exclusives, and if the switch sells the 3rd party games will come... Spec has nothing to do with it....

simplyTravis

Lamer Gamers Podcast Co-Host
Its like a Twilight Zone episode.
Anyone got a list of that dude's "leaks" so i can be spared?
Here are Laura Kate Dales rumors and how she confirmed them: http://letsplayvideogames.com/2017/01/a-deep-dive-on-lpvgs-nintendo-switch-reports-and-info/

I couldn't find a list of Obe1's though. Here are some I have gathered from his "Switchmas" write-ups. Laura actually backs up quite a few of these, surprisingly.

• Koei Temco developing new warriors game not related to Zelda or Star Fox
  • Resident Evil VR is in the works for Switch. Having issues though.
  • Voice chat is happening. System will use bluetooth for Pro-Controller, but not main unit. It will use a headphone jack instead for chat.
  • Retro has a new project that is not Donkey Kong (well duh.)
  • An exclusive SMT game will come to Switch in 2018.
  • and more to come!

simplyTravis

This might be worth listening to. Seems to be a guy that worked for Nintendo that has actually held the controller.

Random thought (edited to avoid triple post): I wonder what the price comparison will be between a Pro Controller and then the Joycons + Docking Holder. I might have to try out both to see what I prefer. I have a feeling I'm going to go Joycons without the holder.

Question: Since you expanded the Shield TV with all these new features, do you have a border with the Nintendo Switch? Is there anything you’re not going to do, like more tablet work? Is there some way that the Switch fits in with the Shield TV ecosystem?

Huang: Nintendo Switch is a game console. It’s very Nintendo. That entire experience is going to be very Nintendo. The beauty of that company, the craft of that company, the philosophy of that company—they’re myopically, singularly focused on making sure that the gaming experience is amazing, surprising, and safe for young people, for children. Their dedication to their craft, that singular dedication, is quite admirable. When you guys all see Switch, I believe people are going to be blown away, quite frankly. It’s really delightful. But it has nothing to do with AI.

so I dont think any specs are gonna drop ever. Safe for young people, for children HAS me slightly worried about its online features. mmm, 3 days.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
According to "He Who Screams Constantly" (aka Obe1Plays), Platinum games began development on a Switch exclusive game after development of Bayonetta 2 was finished. Allegedly not releasing this year, possible info at E3.

He has no factual information to back it up, but he believes it is Bayonetta 3.

For me, I would love for it to be Bayonetta 3! I loved the first two. But if they are really trying to reach out to the PS4/Xbone audience that did not buy a Wii U, they may want to consider some way of including Bayonetta 1 and 2 in with 3, or releasing them together around the same time.

Shoulder

According to "He Who Screams Constantly" (aka Obe1Plays), Platinum games began development on a Switch exclusive game after development of Bayonetta 2 was finished. Allegedly not releasing this year, possible info at E3.

He has no factual information to back it up, but he believes it is Bayonetta 3.

For me, I would love for it to be Bayonetta 3! I loved the first two. But if they are really trying to reach out to the PS4/Xbone audience that did not buy a Wii U, they may want to consider some way of including Bayonetta 1 and 2 in with 3, or releasing them together around the same time.
Bayo 3 is a strong possibility, but I wonder if a sequel to W101 is something to consider as well. I know @mattavelle1 would get the biggest stiffy since his High School days if that were the case.

I foresee four possibilities for what Platinum are working on, if it's a Switch exclusive:

-Bayonetta 3
-The Wonderful 102
-Vanquish 2 (@EvilTw1n )
-Nintendo IP

I'm getting a big stiffy just thinking about it. In fact, I have just the visual showing what just happened:

sjmartin79

Bayo 3 is a strong possibility, but I wonder if a sequel to W101 is something to consider as well. I know @mattavelle1 would get the biggest stiffy since his High School days if that were the case.

I foresee four possibilities for what Platinum are working on, if it's a Switch exclusive:

-Bayonetta 3
-The Wonderful 102
-Vanquish 2 (@EvilTw1n )
-Nintendo IP

I'm getting a big stiffy just thinking about it. In fact, I have just the visual showing what just happened:

Honestly, I want a Bayo sequel and a The Wonderful 101 sequel. Both were two of my favorite games on the Wii U.

Almost useless information from that guy. Why even say virtually nothing if we wont know about it until E3? Cmon.

Its not a bad guess, we can expect Nintendo to reach out to the third parties they worked with on Wii U and 3DS. Just obvious speculation.

Platinum put out a blog post recently where they said they wanted to work on a new IP. Thats gonna be neat.
As for Nintendo exclusive work, I am down for anything from Sequel to new IP to another Nintendo property.

Goodtwin

What do you guys think about an exclusive Assassin's Creed in March? We know Nintendo has a good relationship with Ubisoft, perhaps an exclusive Assassin's Creed is in the way. I haven't gotten into the series, but I know a lot of other people have. Perhaps it could help reach out to those fans in other consoles, and entice them to look at Switch a bit more seriously.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/01/09/su...ctive-as-no-more-heroes-for-nintendos-switch/
Where to head next is clearly an exciting prospect to him. Let it Die and The Silver Case are both about done, and when asked about the future, Suda beams, clearly full of ideas. He lists several that are currently on his mind such as a remake of The Silver Case’s sequel and a PlayStation VR visual novel adventure, but clearly that which currently excites him most is the Nintendo Switch.

“I want one,” he laughs. “Nintendo always makes really cool, interesting hardware that gives us new things to do. On the Wii, not to brag, but I feel that I made a game that used that Wii technology in one of the best ways. I want to find a cool new way to play using what Switch offers.”

sjmartin79

What do you guys think about an exclusive Assassin's Creed in March? We know Nintendo has a good relationship with Ubisoft, perhaps an exclusive Assassin's Creed is in the way. I haven't gotten into the series, but I know a lot of other people have. Perhaps it could help reach out to those fans in other consoles, and entice them to look at Switch a bit more seriously.

Sent from my SM-G360V using genital warts
I think it would be great, and a huge coup for Nintendo. This is one of the rumors that the leakers with the best track records say is false. But it would be amazing if this was a reality.

Sent from my SM-G360V using genital warts
I dont know about that. Ubisoft is not afraid to do something like that though, but usually when the platform is REALLY different, like if its a handheld console. I think just simply getting the next actual Assassin's Creed would be a good enough. Exclusivity would be good for Switch, but dont see it happening.

Hold on, wait. Imagine having them debut that next AssCreed during Thursday's event? Doesnt have to be an exclusive, but it still sends out a strong message from Ubi and Nintendo.

Shoulder

Well, and here's the other thing. Why have a cover over it if we already know what the system is and what it looks like? The only things I can think of are it's covering the new 3D Mario, or it's a fake ad.

sjmartin79

New rumor from "He Who Screams Constantly" - as a side note, I can't take his videos much more. I know I'm doing it to myself, but I've become obsessed with getting tidbits of Switch info.

Anyway, rumor was about the Switch's online. It will be Free "at launch", allegedly. Then at some point in the future moving toward what Sony and MS do with their online.
As always, take this with a grain of salt, but just wanted to share.

Also, someone on a site that must not be named, who has stated for the past 2 years in posts that he works at Best Buy, says that their system was updated overnight to include a price for the Switch at $249.99. Take that as you will.

Goodtwin

I would be in with a monthly online fee, if they are enough value. Virtual Console should be an included as part of the package of they want to charge a subscription fee. You should still be able to buy them outright, but the Virtual Console should be like Netflix.

Shoulder

Think of it this way. PS Plus is 50 bucks/year, which equates to less than 6 dollars/month. If Nintendo were to provide special deals, and other incentives (free VC games?) with your subscription, it would easily be worth 50 bucks or so.

I'm just using PS Plus as a benchmark for pricing, but if there are people who do get upset about it, go back to how much it costs per month. You can easily save up 50 bucks a year just by changing your eating habits (dining in vs. eating out) for a month, and it'll pay for itself. That or you can skip your Starbucks double mocha frappuccino latte once a month, and it'll do the same.

simplyTravis

Time for some fresh leaks!

http://gonintendo.com/stories/27151...r-various-switch-accessories-mentions-chat-au

From Article:

The following info comes from PanVision, a Nordic game distributor...

JoyCon Armour Guards

- Rigid armor meets soft ergonomic grip.
- Designed for use in both "wand" and "controller" modes of play.
- 2 sets of controller grips and thumb stick grips per pack.
-Colors: black/red, black/blue, black/yellow.

JoyCon Gel Guards

- Soft silicone grips.
- 1 pair of grips and 1 pair of thumb stick grips.
- Colors: 2 grey, 1 red, 1 blue.

Switch Mono Communicator

- Officially licensed wired mono communicator
- 30mm driver for chat audio
- Flexible boom and noise-canceling microphone
- Sleek comfortable on-ear design
- Easy-to-access in-line chat volume and mute controls

Switch Stereo Wired Headset

- Officially licensed wired stereo headset
- Powerful 40mm Neodymium drivers for incredible audio
- Flexible boom and noise-canceling microphone
- Sleek comfortable ear cup design
-Easy-to-access in-line chat volume and mute controls

Switch Vehicle Power Adapter

- USB-C car charger for switch system
- Features flat tangle-free cable
- Quick charge circuit and circuit protection

Switch Starter Kit

- Switch System Case (see full description 4 items down)
- Earphones
- Screen Protector
- Cleaning cloth
- JoyCon Gel Guards

Zelda Starter Kits - Link's Tunic Edition / Sheikah Eye Edition (same contents presumably different design)

- Micro Injected System Case - holds Switch + 14 Games
- Earphones
- Screen Protector
- Cleaning Cloth
- JoyCon Armour Guards

Mario Starter Kit - M Edition

- Same as Zelda Kit but presumably with different design.
- Armour Guards have custom character decal (presumably mario M icon).
- Mario Starter Kit - Pattern Edition
- Same as M Edition but presumably with different design.
- Armour Guards have custom character decal (presumably mario pattern design).

Switch System Case

- High-end textile system case - Holds Switch + 12 Games
- Cleaning cloth

Zelda System Case

- Same as Switch System Case but presumably with Zelda design.

Mario System Case

- Same as Switch System Case but presumably with Mario design.

Secure Travel Game Case

- Holds 24 games
- Transparent case that displays games.​

Just this morning's shower thoughts. I think it's gonna have to take some surprises out of left field for me to buy it in March or summer. If it's basically the safe bets of Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, etc then I might just wait until the loan is paid off.

Things like Beyond Good and Evil 2 would do it, although that just entered production so I doubt we'll see it. Okami 2, Wonderful 102, a new Retro Studios IP, etc.

I posted in the chat but I think the fact I just bought a PS4 drained excitement for another console.

I dreamt about the damn presentation. I thought I wasnt lame enough for that to happen.
First game announced was a new Castlevania game featuring a dehumanized Simon Belmont (think DaS). Amd then I woke up.
New rumor from "He Who Screams Constantly" - as a side note, I can't take his videos much more. I know I'm doing it to myself, but I've become obsessed with getting tidbits of Switch info.

Anyway, rumor was about the Switch's online. It will be Free "at launch", allegedly. Then at some point in the future moving toward what Sony and MS do with their online.
As always, take this with a grain of salt, but just wanted to share.

Also, someone on a site that must not be named, who has stated for the past 2 years in posts that he works at Best Buy, says that their system was updated overnight to include a price for the Switch at $249.99. Take that as you will.
Was thinking about this notion of paying for online more recently.
If it does happen, I dont think its going to affect actually playing games online. For one, rumor has it that Splatoon is a launch title. If we take this for fact and that for fact, then it stands to reason that online will remain free forever and that this paid subscription either doesn't exist (my thoughts) or that it is going to offer completely different services that dont touch online play. I dont think Nintendo will hold it hostage in the future, thats really bad optics.