Nintendo Switch - Official Thread

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
Yeah I was giving an example of a list that's good so I used multiplats. I want that kind of list except only MORE exclusive.

I have no issues with the game being good. I just said that if it is multiplat, there's little reason to get it on switch since again, I can get it on PC..simple as that. I want games that I can only get on the Switch.
While I understand that you want things you can't get on PC, for me, things being on Switch, whether they are available anywhere else, means that I can play those games anywhere at anytime. For me, that is enough reason to get that game on the Switch than another platform.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Yeah I was giving an example of a list that's good so I used multiplats. I want that kind of list except only MORE exclusive.

I have no issues with the game being good. I just said that if it is multiplat, there's little reason to get it on switch since again, I can get it on PC..simple as that. I want games that I can only get on the Switch.

Whether Nintendo makes more of platform games or whether 3rd parties make more of them doesn't matter. The point is like I said, I just want a decent list of platform games like atleast around the range of 30-50 platform games to choose from.

And no, Sands of time also has elements of platforming and is also a puzzle platformer as well.
Personally, it's the quality of the titles than just the quantity, but to each his own.

And yes, Prince of Perisa does have some platforming elements, as well as puzzle stuff, but that doesn't mean it's a platformer. If that were the case, then again, Tomb Raider and Uncharted would also follow that realm of thinking. There are many games that have some platforming/puzzle elements, but they are still action adventure titles, and whatnot.

simplyTravis

Lamer Gamers Podcast Co-Host
Speaking of platformers...I want to see a new Earthworm Jim 3D. This is most likely not a popular opinion though. It was pretty bad as a platformer in a lot of ways but I enjoyed the heck out of it.

Earthworm Jim is my hero...

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Speaking of platformers...I want to see a new Earthworm Jim 3D. This is most likely not a popular opinion though. It was pretty bad as a platformer in a lot of ways but I enjoyed the heck out of it.

Earthworm Jim is my hero...
That game was honestly not that bad except for the atrocious boss fights. Those things ruined the otherwise decent game for me.

I am guessing you did not watch the video then.

Pirating off of someone is never ok legally, but it is MORALLY ok. That's because nintendo technically is stealing money off of the videos that are protected under fair use. It is literally highway robbery Nintendo is committing and almost nobody is policing Nintendo over it. Nintendo is so big as a corporation that they can bully anybody and get away with it.

The same reason applies to why they take down non-profit fan games instead of other corporations that intentionally rip off of their property to make profit off of them. These companies are more likely to fire back defense appeals against nintendo than Nintendo fan game developers, showing that pick on the weak because they know they can get away with it. They only want their fans to do one thing: fork over money until the next release comes out.

But oh well, I can already smell the ad hominem responses coming for me.

I am guessing you did not watch the video then.

Pirating off of someone is never ok legally, but it is MORALLY ok. That's because nintendo technically is stealing money off of the videos that are protected under fair use. It is literally highway robbery Nintendo is committing and almost nobody is policing Nintendo over it. Nintendo is so big as a corporation that they can bully anybody and get away with it.

The same reason applies to why they take down non-profit fan games instead of other corporations that intentionally rip off of their property to make profit off of them. These companies are more likely to fire back defense appeals against nintendo than Nintendo fan game developers, showing that pick on the weak because they know they can get away with it. They only want their fans to do one thing: fork over money until the next release comes out.

But oh well, I can already smell the ad hominem responses coming for me.
What the hell does youtube ad revenue have anything to do with stealing products? Your logic makes no sense whatsoever.

Youtube itself isn't that fully secured. Felix just got fired from Google from his youtube red account for something he didn't even do wrong(which we won't get a lot into here but just to get an idea of things in Youtube).

Even if Nintendo didn't follow this youtube stealing money thing, the fact that Youtube itself can't secure the youtubers alone still makes them lousy to begin with. Like not having actual people to help them instead of having the AI troll on their videos.

EDIT: Oh and don't do the Nintendo only thing here..I've seen lots of other Japanese devs that troll on youtubers alone.

Disagree. It's never ok to steal
What the hell does youtube ad revenue have anything to do with stealing products? Your logic makes no sense whatsoever.

Youtube itself isn't that fully secured. Felix just got fired from Google from his youtube red account for something he didn't even do wrong(which we won't get a lot into here but just to get an idea of things in Youtube).

Even if Nintendo didn't follow this youtube stealing money thing, the fact that Youtube itself can't secure the youtubers alone still makes them lousy to begin with. Like not having actual people to help them instead of having the AI troll on their videos.

EDIT: Oh and don't do the Nintendo only thing here..I've seen lots of other Japanese devs that troll on youtubers alone.
What Jim is saying is that he is pointing out Nintendo's hypocrisy in saying "Don't steal off of us, because its bad" when they do the same thing, stealing youtube ad revenue by abusing the flawed youtube copyright system to commit acts of bullying youtubers, reviewers, and ambassadors by claiming them, even though they are CLEARLY protected under fair use. So don't try to white knight against me for playing Dolphin or cemu on my pc.

Its essentially, Nintendo is throwing bear feces at their faces and laughing at them, expecting the victim to do the same thing. So if Nintendo throws shit at their face, the victim can do the same back to them. And to you nintendo fanboys out there, if you still deny all this and call me a troll, you probably cannot see that 1 + 1 = 2. Nintendo is a corporate bully who mooches off of others because they know they can get away with it. Its not even debatable.

And don't try to say "Oh, other japanese companies do the same thing, so fuggit." Just because other corporations are doing it, doesn't mean Nintendo should do the same thing

So if Nintendo throws shit at their face, the victim can do the same back to them.
Just because other corporations are doing it, doesn't mean Nintendo should do the same thing
So, let me get this right... If Nintendo does something bad (stealing ad revenue) that DOES make it ok for people to do the same (steal videogames)

but

If other Japanese companies do something bad, that DOESN'T make it ok for Nintendo to do the same thing...

I think you need to get your logic straight.

What Jim is saying is that he is pointing out Nintendo's hypocrisy in saying "Don't steal off of us, because its bad" when they do the same thing, stealing youtube ad revenue by abusing the flawed youtube copyright system to commit acts of bullying youtubers, reviewers, and ambassadors by claiming them, even though they are CLEARLY protected under fair use. So don't try to white knight against me for playing Dolphin or cemu on my pc.
Again, makes no sense here. You're comparing a youtuber who, let's face it, simply shouts on videos or makes expressions to elaborate on his/her point of specific games and then in the end gives an opinion on the game and makes money out of it whether the game is good or bad?

Then does the let's play of the game and simply either mocks at some parts of the game or goofs around at the game to simply get people's attention.

That is worth considering to admire than thousands of workers who have families to feed, twice the amount of bills to pay and who do "Actual" hard work on a project they spend years doing and yet, get little respect with average pay?

Its essentially, Nintendo is throwing bear feces at their faces and laughing at them, expecting the victim to do the same thing. So if Nintendo throws shit at their face, the victim can do the same back to them. And to you nintendo fanboys out there, if you still deny all this and call me a troll, you probably cannot see that 1 + 1 = 2. Nintendo is a corporate bully who mooches off of others because they know they can get away with it. Its not even debatable.
Nintendo fanboys are often being mocked for defending Nintendo even if its for good reasons. Any fan loyal to a brand will argue a false statement of said brand..its just that simple.

And don't try to say "Oh, other japanese companies do the same thing, so fuggit." Just because other corporations are doing it, doesn't mean Nintendo should do the same thing
And why not? After all, its not making them more prehistoric as you often claim that they are at this point...

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen

not clearly at all, that is a huge debate point, there is nothing clear about it

Odo

And here's another thing to consider as well. Unlike the Wii U's launch window, the Switch actually has a steady flow of 1st party games from Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, Mario Odyssey, Zelda, and even Xenoblade 2. And that is only THIS year.

I also think Pikmin 4 is in the cards as well for this year, with Pokemon coming out next year. The 1st party titles will help bring consumers into buying the Switch, which in return will likely get 3rd party developers, both Indie and AAA, to make games for it.

I doubt Nintendo will be able to pull this off this year. It's an extraordinary list by any means, though.

I expect a few delays, most likely for Xenoblade.

I think of that, Xenoblade 2 is most definitely not hitting NA markets this year. I saw recently a photo of some vocalists only just recording some music for the game, so yeah. Also is the VA strike still going? That could also hinder some localization plans. I can see it just making it in Japan sometime in December.
Hey, if it reaches us before March 3rd, that still counts as the first year, right :^)

Rest of that list seems very manageable to pull off.

Koenig

The Architect
It seems most of you did not watch the whole video, but I digress.

I think of that, Xenoblade 2 is most definitely not hitting NA markets this year. I saw recently a photo of some vocalists only just recording some music for the game, so yeah. Also is the VA strike still going? That could also hinder some localization plans. I can see it just making it in Japan sometime in December.
Hey, if it reaches us before March 3rd, that still counts as the first year, right :^)

Rest of that list seems very manageable to pull off.
They could always have the game dubbed in the UK again instead ;). It is a shame that it probably won't be coming out this year, but not at all unexpected. I just hope the game gets the polish it needs, especially since it seems to be more story driven like XBC as apposed to XBX.

It seems most of you did not watch the whole video, but I digress.

They could always have the game dubbed in the UK again instead ;). It is a shame that it probably won't be coming out this year, but not at all unexpected. I just hope the game gets the polish it needs, especially since it seems to be more story driven like XBC as apposed to XBX.
ah, solid idea.
8-4 has confirmed they arent handling localization, so maybe it is another internal team at Nintendo.

Koenig

The Architect
ah, solid idea.
8-4 has confirmed they arent handling localization, so maybe it is another internal team at Nintendo.
Honestly, one of the (many) things I liked about XBC was it's cast of voice actors. Most of the voice actors in the states seem to have been exhausted, so it was very refreshing to hear some new voices since I had never been exposed to most of them before; Companies should switch up their cast a bit more often.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
To kill time before the Switch, Steve2 is playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I didn't buy this on the 3DS, and I honestly haven't played an Animal Crossing game in awhile.
He is absolutely enthralled with this version. I didn't pay much attention to it when it released, but he says a lot his changed with this one, and he thinks all the changes were for the better.

Now to hear about it and see some of it, I'm hoping there will be an Animal Crossing for the Switch. Just seeing the things in his playing of New Leaf have me sold to rediscover the series if it comes to Switch.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
To kill time before the Switch, Steve2 is playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I didn't buy this on the 3DS, and I honestly haven't played an Animal Crossing game in awhile.
He is absolutely enthralled with this version. I didn't pay much attention to it when it released, but he says a lot his changed with this one, and he thinks all the changes were for the better.

Now to hear about it and see some of it, I'm hoping there will be an Animal Crossing for the Switch. Just seeing the things in his playing of New Leaf have me sold to rediscover the series if it comes to Switch.
There's also the Animal Crossing mobile game sometime in the near future. I bet that's going to be addictive as hell, much more so than Fire Emblem (which I already dropped).

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
I thought FE:Heroes would make me wanna play a proper FE game. But although it's a beautiful mobile game, I got bored of it really quick. And nope, no residual desire to play more FE. But that's just me.

theMightyME

Honestly, one of the (many) things I liked about XBC was it's cast of voice actors. Most of the voice actors in the states seem to have been exhausted, so it was very refreshing to hear some new voices since I had never been exposed to most of them before; Companies should switch up their cast a bit more often.
I say have Brad Garrett voice the male lead, and Terry Crews voice the female lead.

but seriously I am hoping against hope for japanese audio track... if it needs to be cut for the cart size, offer it as free dlc... or hell, paid dlc.. I would pay not to have my ears violated by horrid voice acting.

So, let me get this right... If Nintendo does something bad (stealing ad revenue) that DOES make it ok for people to do the same (steal videogames)

but

If other Japanese companies do something bad, that DOESN'T make it ok for Nintendo to do the same thing...

I think you need to get your logic straight.
You probably cannot comprehend the context of the situation then. Why don't you come up with an actual argument against my claims rather than generalizations? After all, you are the same guy who thinks shit brick motion controls are good, so I would not be surprised.

Again, makes no sense here. You're comparing a youtuber who, let's face it, simply shouts on videos or makes expressions to elaborate on his/her point of specific games and then in the end gives an opinion on the game and makes money out of it whether the game is good or bad?

Then does the let's play of the game and simply either mocks at some parts of the game or goofs around at the game to simply get people's attention.

That is worth considering to admire than thousands of workers who have families to feed, twice the amount of bills to pay and who do "Actual" hard work on a project they spend years doing and yet, get little respect with average pay?

Nintendo fanboys are often being mocked for defending Nintendo even if its for good reasons. Any fan loyal to a brand will argue a false statement of said brand..its just that simple.

And why not? After all, its not making them more prehistoric as you often claim that they are at this point...
Saying that I make no sense, and now bringing up an unrelated matter about how workers should deserve respect more than internet personalities? And I am guessing you still haven't watched the video. ROFL, you make Obe1 look like Albert Einstein.

(Fun Fact: The sounds are actually voice recordings of real life Nintendo fanboys)

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!

AC:NL is my favorite in the whole series! Freakin awesome game!

theMightyME

You probably cannot comprehend the context of the situation then. Why don't you come up with an actual argument against my claims rather than generalizations? After all, you are the same guy who thinks shit brick motion controls are good, so I would not be surprised.

Saying that I make no sense, and now bringing up an unrelated matter about how workers should deserve respect more than internet personalities? And I am guessing you still haven't watched the video. ROFL, you make Obe1 look like Albert Einstein.

(Fun Fact: The sounds are actually voice recordings of real life Nintendo fanboys)
reporting for trolling, and now direct insults
@Juegos @mattavelle1
socar frustrates me at times, but he tries to conform to our standards, and now he is directly insulted after complying to not insult others himself, so I feel some action is necessary on Jack, even if just a warning or , like with socar, an explanation about how we don't tolerate direct insults

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
@Juegos @mattavelle1
socar frustrates me at times, but he tries to conform to our standards, and now he is directly insulted after complying to not insult others himself, so I feel some action is necessary on Jack, even if just a warning or , like with socar, an explanation about how we don't tolerate direct insults
We have warned Jack in PM already and I promise you we are watching and talkin about the situation. Thank you Mighty for your opinion:mthumb:

@Juegos @mattavelle1
We have warned Jack in PM already and I promise you we are watching and talkin about the situation. Thank you Mighty for your opinion:mthumb:

If I ask my phone how many days until March 3rd, she currently says ...

8 more days!

8! PEOPLE!

Embargo's start lifting on Thursday and then it'll be a daily onslaught of news until the Switch drops at midnight the following week. Time to start celebrating.

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
I thought FE:Heroes would make me wanna play a proper FE game. But although it's a beautiful mobile game, I got bored of it really quick. And nope, no residual desire to play more FE. But that's just me.

I've been yearning for a new Fire Emblem. I didn't play any on the 3DS, because frankly, I just couldn't get past the low-res screen if the system.

Anyways. I also passed over Heroes, because I didn't want it to sour my desire for a new Fire Emblem.

Cubits

Fire Emblem is one of those series i really only want to play on the TV, like Monster Hunter.

I can't explain it, but some games only feel right when played in the right setting. I'm only now going to buy Binding of Isaac and Shovel Knight because they're games i want to have as portable fare.

And i love Monster Hunter, and i'm currently playing Generations still, but no matter how awesome the monster selection is i refuse to buy XX on the 3DS. I've been thinking about going back to 3U because the controls and view is just so much better.

Last edited:

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
I've been yearning for a new Fire Emblem. I didn't play any on the 3DS, because frankly, I just couldn't get past the low-res screen if the system.

Anyways. I also passed over Heroes, because I didn't want it to sour my desire for a new Fire Emblem.
I should add that I've never played FE, period. I was ripe for the taking. If Nintendo's mobile strategy is to hook players into the mainline series, I can't say it worked on me here.

But it could just be that P&D is all the mobile I need.
Fire Emblem is one of those series i really only want to play on the TV, like Monster Hunter.

I can't explain it, but some games only feel right when played in the right setting. I'm only now going to buy Binding of Isaac and Shovel Knight because they're games i want to have as portable fare.

And i love Monster Hunter, and i'm currently playing Generations still, but no matter how awesome the monster selection is i refuse to buy XX on the 3DS. I've been thinking about going back to 3U because the controls and view is just so much better.
I adored 4U. I played it on my 2DS and loved nearly every second. The touchscreen camera even worked for me. 200 awesome hours of hunting.

But if it was on the big screen, I probably would have played another 200 hours.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I should add that I've never played FE, period. I was ripe for the taking. If Nintendo's mobile strategy is to hook players into the mainline series, I can't say it worked on me here.

But it could just be that P&D is all the mobile I need.

I adored 4U. I played it on my 2DS and loved nearly every second. The touchscreen camera even worked for me. 200 awesome hours of hunting.

But if it was on the big screen, I probably would have played another 200 hours.
4U to me is gamin perfection. For sure tho if it was on the big screen I'm not sure I would have left the house for a few months.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I was talking to Matt about Monster Hunter the other day, and I came to the conclusion that I don't think we're getting Monster Hunter 5 any time soon. Maybe we'll get a reveal trailer this year, but I'm thinking it'll be like the Monster Hunter 4 reveal trailer, which was mostly conceptual and very different from the final game, and came two years before the game actually released in Japan. In any case, I think Monster Hunter 5 is when they'll finally move away from the PS2 formula to some extent, and they might be taking their sweet time to do that.

On the other hand, I think it's very likely that we'll get a Switch port of Monster Hunter XX (or Generations U?) which hasn't been announced for localization outside of Japan yet. We had that interview from a week ago where some dude from Capcom said that they were amazed by how easy it was to port things to the Switch, so I think MHXX is a no-brainer for them.