Nintendo Switch - Official Thread

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen

also, that ign review was horribly stupid... not because it was negative, but because of many of the talking points... "wahwah it isn't as powerful as ps4 or xbone, zelda only runs at 900p 30fps... wait...."

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Wonder if Gamestop will have eShop cards or whatever for the Switch tomorrow night? I just read that Shovel Knight is ready DAY 1, and I want that season pass for Zelda I don't know if you pay day 1 or not?

Also I have the wolf amiibo, what do the other ones do? If it's not really cool then I don't want it.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
Wonder if Gamestop will have eShop cards or whatever for the Switch tomorrow night? I just read that Shovel Knight is ready DAY 1, and I want that season pass for Zelda I don't know if you pay day 1 or not?

Also I have the wolf amiibo, what do the other ones do? If it's not really cool then I don't want it.
From what I understand, eShop cards are universal between Switch/WiiU/3DS. So, they should still have plenty from before and some of the new ones that say "Switch".
I have $40 in eShop credit I haven't put on the system yet. Plus a $50 gift card to Target that I'll most likely use to get eShop cards for some of these amazing Indie games coming out.

Honestly, I've been avoiding all details of what the other amiibo do, so unfortunately I can't answer that.

Edit: And yes, I think you can pay Day 1 for the Zelda pass so you can get the 3 other chests while you're still up on the plateau.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
From what I understand, eShop cards are universal between Switch/WiiU/3DS. So, they should still have plenty from before and some of the new ones that say "Switch".
I have $40 in eShop credit I haven't put on the system yet. Plus a $50 gift card to Target that I'll most likely use to get eShop cards for some of these amazing Indie games coming out.

Honestly, I've been avoiding all details of what the other amiibo do, so unfortunately I can't answer that.

Edit: And yes, I think you can pay Day 1 for the Zelda pass so you can get the 3 other chests while you're still up on the plateau.
Alright thank you for all that Sjm! So, I only have to get 20 for the season pass, and I'll grab another 50 for the eShop.

Hohoho Merry Switchmas Eve!!

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.

I'm hoping that SJM is right and I can use my GameStop credit to buy an eShop card that works with the Switch. But I'm also going to wait a little bit before buying anything on the eShop, in case Nintendo updates myNintendo with some discounts on Switch eShop games. I'd like to get a 20% discount on Pocket Rumble and maybe on Bomberman.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I'm hoping that SJM is right and I can use my GameStop credit to buy an eShop card that works with the Switch. But I'm also going to wait a little bit before buying anything on the eShop, in case Nintendo updates myNintendo with some discounts on Switch eShop games. I'd like to get a 20% discount on Pocket Rumble and maybe on Bomberman.
True true I won't need nothing else right off the bat. For sure goin after that season pass tho, the rest can wait you got a good call there, just wanna make sure my ducks are in a row.

And now I have to work Saturday!:mangry:

sjmartin79

At the very least, since the funds are shareable (once you have connected your NNID and Nintendo Account then activated said Nintendo Account on the Switch), you could always add funds on the WiiU eshop then they would show up on the Switch eShop, like it does now for the 3DS.

But I'm guessing that they won't pull all existing eShop cards out of the stores and that existing cards will work on the Switch. But I guess in 19 hours we'll know for sure.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
At the very least, since the funds are shareable (once you have connected your NNID and Nintendo Account then activated said Nintendo Account on the Switch), you could always add funds on the WiiU eshop then they would show up on the Switch eShop, like it does now for the 3DS.

But I'm guessing that they won't pull all existing eShop cards out of the stores and that existing cards will work on the Switch. But I guess in 19 hours we'll know for sure.
Well I guess tonight is the night I connect the Nintendo account and NNID

:mfacepalm:I underestimated myself and didnt catch that I nearly depleted the slushy fund I set aside for the Switch purchase

Spent ALL of today theiving, doing favors, and overtiming to boost that back up. Really worried I screwed myself, I switched cards back to my slushy since somehow they didnt charge yet... I'm scared, bros!

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
:mfacepalm:I underestimated myself and didnt catch that I nearly depleted the slushy fund I set aside for the Switch purchase

Spent ALL of today theiving, doing favors, and overtiming to boost that back up. Really worried I screwed myself, I switched cards back to my slushy since somehow they didnt charge yet... I'm scared, bros!
:mfacepalm: ..............you got games to sell?:mmischief:

theMightyME

Spent ALL of today chaterbating, turning tricks, and overtiming to boost that back up. Really worried I screwed myself, I switched cards back to my slushy since somehow they didnt charge yet... I'm scared, bros!
fixed

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
I didn't preorder, so I'm not holding my breath that I'll be able to get one too soon. I'll do the circuit of some lesser known stores, but I'm prepared to wait for a month or so.

SkywardCrowbar

Twintelle's loyal Husbando
I'll post my initial thoughts on how the hardware feels and all that good stuff tomorrow night. I'm picking mine up at midnight.

I got the BotW Master Edition (!!!), 1-2 Switch, and Bomberman-R. I might pick up a Pro Controller, Shovel Knight, and I Am Setsuna as well. We'll see how financially aggressive I want to be, lol.

theMightyME

Amazon still hasn't shipped my pre-order I'm freaking out. I mean I understand that my closest distribution center is in San Antonio, so the system could very well be shipped tomorrow and arrive at my local post office by night, but still!
They won't ship until it times out right... So that it doesn't arrive early... My notice saying it shipped only lists that the order was set at FedEx.... So best buy probably already had units sitting there and just sent notice to ship them

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
They won't ship until it times out right... So that it doesn't arrive early... My notice saying it shipped only lists that the order was set at FedEx.... So best buy probably already had units sitting there and just sent notice to ship them
That's what I figured. Mine just updated to "Shipping soon Arriving tomorrow by 8pm". So I'm in the clear I think, unless the Amazon robots develop self-awareness and need a fun games system to help them break the ice at their post-humanity meet-ups.

SkywardCrowbar

Twintelle's loyal Husbando
I feel like I should prioritize only one additional Switch related purchase to start.

I am stuck between picking up a Pro Controller and Shovel Knight. I am leaning towards the Pro Controller because I've been hearing that the directional buttons don't do a great job of replicating a D-Pad in 2D games.

Thoughts y'all?

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I feel like I should prioritize only one additional Switch related purchase to start.

I am stuck between picking up a Pro Controller and Shovel Knight. I am leaning towards the Pro Controller because I've been hearing that the directional buttons don't do a great job of replicating a D-Pad in 2D games.

Thoughts y'all?
Pro controller because you only need BotW for awhile.

Also Merry Switchmas to you all!!!! :mlaugh:

theMightyME

That's what I figured. Mine just updated to "Shipping soon Arriving tomorrow by 8pm". So I'm in the clear I think, unless the Amazon robots develop self-awareness and need a fun games system to help them break the ice at their post-humanity meet-ups.
come now, we all know that the preferred system of our robot overlords is the ouya

Thoughts y'all?
I'd go Pro.
I'm waiting for a possible physical release of Shovel Knight.

sjmartin79

you should be safe, mine moved from Kentucky to Illinois, and I live in Cali... so if you are still in Florida your will likely ship later today, as it seems Best Buy's stock is in kentucky
I did in-store pickup, and I just got an email saying that mine is ready to be picked up... tomorrow. But at least it is verified and official now.

theMightyME

Its looking like Friend Codes are back, boys. Despite Reggie promising they werent. Maybe normal input is hidden somewhere like it was on Wii U, dunno.
it says you can add friends from the mobile games.... and miitomo lets you add people from social networks and through some other means too...
I have a bunch of you guys on miitomo, even if you don't still play it (I am alone there lol)

it says you can add friends from the mobile games.... and miitomo lets you add people from social networks and through some other means too...
I have a bunch of you guys on miitomo, even if you don't still play it (I am alone there lol)
Yeah I havent been on there in a good few months, I interact with all those peeps on Twitter now lol, so it was worth something.
So thats a good thing, still not pleased by this friend code stuff.

theMightyME

it says you can add people you play with so I imagine if we do some multiplayer and some of us arne't friends yet, we will connect through others and add that way... don't know if I will ever need to enter a code

sjmartin79

Also, ALLEGEDLY, please have your joycon attached to the console when doing the Day 1 update to version 2.0, then reboot the system with the Joy Con still attached.
This supposedly fixes the issues brought up earlier in the week.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Also, ALLEGEDLY, please have your joycon attached to the console when doing the Day 1 update to version 2.0, then reboot the system with the Joy Con still attached.
This supposedly fixes the issues brought up earlier in the week.
I'm pretty sure tonight I'm goin strictly setup no games thanks for the heads up Sjm:mthumb:

Also MERRY SWITCHMAS EVERYONE!!!! TONIGHT TONIGHT TONIGHT!!!

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Everyone is getting this bitch, and here I am going:

Yeah, I had been thinking "do I actually try to camp out and score one without the preorder?"

Then I got the call that the Mini was out of the shop. $419, plus $35 to fill it up. So yeah. So much for camping out.