Nintendo Switch - Official Thread

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I am just surprised... I thought by now Breath of the Wild would be completely finished, considering how many years it has been in development. Granted, it is the largest game Nintendo has ever produced.
Not only the largest game, but a game that size with no bugs or glitches. Everything seeing and hearing about how much time and care Nintendo is takin with it screams "this is gonna be a masterpiece".

Koenig

The Architect
Not only the largest game, but a game that size with no bugs or glitches. Everything seeing and hearing about how much time and care Nintendo is takin with it screams "this is gonna be a masterpiece".
Let's hope it can stand up to those expectations. If true, I do hope that the delayed release is not too far from the Switch's launch.

Goodtwin

As long as they have a 3D Mario at launch with a few surprises, it will be cool. It actually makes business to keep high profile releases every few weeks instead of an everything being there day one. A June or July launch for Zelda would be the highest profile release of the summer by far, giving it very little competition. Switch will sell a few million units at launch no matter what, Zelda following it by a few months will keep the momentum surging.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
As long as they have a 3D Mario at launch with a few surprises, it will be cool. It actually makes business to keep high profile releases every few weeks instead of an everything being there day one. A June or July launch for Zelda would be the highest profile release of the summer by far, giving it very little competition. Switch will sell a few million units at launch no matter what, Zelda following it by a few months will keep the momentum surging.

Sent from my SM-G360V using genital warts
Exactly what I was thinking. Have 3D Mario as a launch title with a few other titles, 3rd party included, and Zelda can be a summer release. The one thing about that that'll be interesting is how will the Wii U version fair, both graphics, and sales wise, compared to the Switch version.

Many of the younger crowd will likely be looking for something to enjoy during their summer vacations as well, and Breath of the Wild would be a perfect fit. I could see a lot of parents dangling this carrot as a reward for good grades.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I suppose the next question has to be what surprises does Nintendo have in store for the launch window. Pikmin 4? F-Zero?

Right now and for the forseable future Fzero is dead. Pikmin 4 tho I definitely see at launch window.

Koenig

The Architect
As long as Zelda comes out near the Switches Launch and does not turn into Nintendo's "last guardian" in terms of delays, I mean, more-so than it already is.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!

theMightyME

Owner of The Total Screen
SPLATOONER AS A PACK IN!?!:mdrool:
I want local multiplayer, more modes, and more maps in rotation... oh... and a more explorable hub... maybe with your own apartment (it is on he splash screen afterall)... but minaly for the hub I want to shoot ink on it and swim up the towers, and see some cool vistas and such... add in some funny little easter eggs to discover around the hub....and more single player... maybe with co-op multiplayer options

Goodtwin

Very good move with Splatoon. It's the best online multiplayer game that have, and that should help with word of mouth. Here is hoping for voice chat. I have no issue with Nintendo including the Wii U content as long as a significant amount of new content is introduced. Same with Mario Kart. Mario Kart has huge potential of they create the battle more similar to Double Dash, arena style battle is awesome.

Skyrim helps establish a different tone for the console. Hopefully it comes with Nintendo exclusive content. I'm hoping for a rather small launch lineup on day one, it gives the third party games like Skyrim a better chance to do well. I think third parties learned a lesson with Wii Us launch, over saturating the launch with a bunch of late ports is bad for everybody.

With EA saying they will support Switch with one or two of their bigger games, what do you think that will be? In thinking Fifa and possibly Madden.

Last edited:

Koenig

The Architect
This Zelda has to be something else, because a Zelda game can't be that hard to make. How long they need to make it?
For once I will defend Nintendo; this is easily the biggest game Nintendo has ever worked on, and I would argue the first "open world" game they have worked on save for Xenoblade X (At least by the modern scope anyways) It is not your traditional Zelda game in the slightest, and in many ways is Nintendo's first big push into Western design in decades. It is too be expected that it would take Nintendo much longer to develop than what they are used to, because it is nothing like anything they have worked on before.

Granted, 5 years is getting a bit of a stretch. As you said, it had better be something else if they want to justify this lengthy development time.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear

Koenig

The Architect
http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/...launch-splatoon-pack-in-no-march-wii-u-zelda/
More corroboration on Zelda not being there at launch.
Skyrim is a launch game, as is more importantly Mario, which sounds like Mario 64 style.
The pack in game is Splatoon, so I guess I'll be grabbing the Deluxe Switch. Not a full on sequel it sounds like.
"The title will apparently feature a 3D open world hub from which different worlds can be selected, with multiple objectives to complete in each, much like Mario 64 or Mario Galaxy."

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Because I feel very self destructive tonight.

TL;DR so that others don't have to watch it:
"The price is looking pretty good."

Edit: It bothers me that it took 8 minutes to say that little. I'm usually not into YouTube gaming personalities, but recently I've started appreciating videogamedunkey. Just compare how much he covers in the same amount of time:

GamingFreak1988

The Platformer Guru
How many of you would buy remastered Wii U games?

I rarely rebuy games, if I still have a playable earlier copy of the game. So it usually takes a lot for me to rebuy in that regard. Plus I'd have to still want to play the game a lot instead of seldomly. Exceptions of course is if a new game comes with an older one as well. Take bayonetta 2 for example.

Weeeeeelllll hold on to your seats.
A pair of pretty juicy rumors have just hit the street
First the lighter of the two.
http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/...ds-mario-crossover-rpg-for-switch-launch-day/
According to both of our sources at Ubisoft and Nintendo, on the day the Switch launches, it’ll launch alongside a new Ubisoft-developed turn based RPG, with the name suggesting it will be a crossover of the Raving Rabbids and Mario series.

The game, whose formal title has not yet been confirmed but is currently under the working title “Mario RPG: Invasion of the Rabbids”, is being developed under the watchful monitoring of Nintendo, ensuring that it both hits launch day and that it conforms to Nintendo’s own internal specifications for how Mario characters and iconography should be presented.

The title will focus on the Mario universe being invaded by Ubisoft’s Rabbids characters, some friend and some foe, and will feature a new Bowser form based around the design of the Rabbids as a recurring boss enemy. While there will be numerous cameo appearances from the Mario series’ best known characters, the core party will feature numerous, more minor characters. There is a particular focus on Yoshi as a primary party member, alongside a playable Rabbid.

The title will have a playable demo ready for press to experience in January, and will feature a quicksave system to ensure that saving is possible on short notice if the battery on the Switch handheld is running low. Part of the planned press demo includes the JoyCons vibrating to imply a Rabbid jumping into and out of them from the TV or handheld screen. The idea is to imply your system is infested with Rabbids, and that they could at any time jump out of your controller and interfere with gameplay.

The title is going to be one of the cornerstone trailers shown when Nintendo details the system further in January. Nintendo intends to pitch the project to consumers as a Mario RPG project in collaboration with Ubisoft, in spite of Ubisoft doing most of the work on development.
Sounds cute but the crossover is a bit random. Calling it now, I expect the Rabbids have invented some portal device and they transport themselves into a game of Mario RPG (which I assume is Mario and Luigi? doesnt make that clear)

NOW for the big one
A fucking real Pokemon game. WHAT THE FUCK?
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-18-nintendo-switch-will-get-pokemon-sun-and-moon-version
A new version of Pokémon Sun and Moon will launch for Nintendo Switch.

Multiple sources tell Eurogamer the game is already well into development, will launch in 2017, and currently holds the codename of Pokémon Stars.

Earlier generations of Pokémon games have featured a third title launched later with expanded features - Pokémon Yellow followed Game Boy originals Red and Blue to start this trend, which continued through until Pokémon Platinum followed Diamond and Pearl on DS.

With Pokémon Stars, this idea will be revived - but for the first time we'll see the mainline Pokémon series spanning separate Nintendo consoles within the same generation of games.

Indeed, Switch will be the first Nintendo "home" console to receive a main Pokémon adventure. It only took 20 years.

Nintendo's new 3DS duo Sun and Moon, available today in North America and Japan or next week in Europe, have shared much of their development with their Switch bigger brother.

As you might expect, Pokémon Stars is being developed by the Sun and Moon team at Game Freak, the studio behind all main Pokémon games since the series' Game Boy beginnings.

In fact, you may have already seen something from the Switch version. Sun and Moon's February reveal teaser culminates in split-second shots of Game Freak staff such as series boss Junichi Masuda and director Shigeru Ohmori working on Sun and Moon spliced with quick flashes of in-game concept art and models, including this HD in-game model for new bird Pokémon Pikipek. We've heard this is for the Switch edition:

A work-in-progress model for Pikipek.

This parallel development structure has allowed the work-in-progress Pokémon Stars to already feature working versions of Sun and Moon content. I'm told that GameFreak largely paused work on the Switch version a couple of months ago to polish Sun and Moon in time for their launch this month, but that work on Stars will now resume with the development of features not found in the 3DS versions.

Pokémon Stars' development shouldn't be seen as taking anything away from Sun and Moon's launch - this is how all third entries in the Pokémon franchise are developed.

And there will be reason to play both: Pokémon will be tradable between Sun/Moon and Stars via the Pokémon Bank app. We've also heard suggestion there will be more creatures to collect in the Switch version, although not all of our sources could confirm this. (this is likely bs)

Expect the Switch version of Sun and Moon to feature the same map - the same routes and cities - and the same art style, although be built using separate, higher-resolution assets.

It may be some time before Stars releases, however. We heard the game was initially a summer 2017 launch for Nintendo Switch, but has since been pushed back to later in the year.

Both Nintendo and The Pokémon Company declined to comment for this article, although I asked Sun and Moon director Ohmori about the possibility of a mainline Pokémon game for Switch (then still code-named NX) back in September:

"We've always made [main] Pokémon games on Nintendo hardware," Ohmori said. "Something which has been important to us recently has been the communication and wireless features. So when we consider whether we should bring something to one thing or another, it really depends on is the hardware itself.

"What might change about Nintendo hardware in the future is something we're really looking forward to - and if the hardware is suitable it's definitely something we want to consider using."

This was, of course, before the Switch was publicly confirmed as a portable home console. The form of the device makes perfect sense for a proper Pokémon game.

Previously, Game Freak has always preferred to keep the main Pokémon series on Nintendo handhelds to focus gameplay around trading and battling other players while on the go. This is something that's now possible on Nintendo's home console too - it all makes a neat fit. And it's another major piece of the Switch's first-year software line-up sure to appeal to Nintendo's audience.
Pretty big if it is a Switch exclusive.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
http://letsplayvideogames.com/2016/...ds-mario-crossover-rpg-for-switch-launch-day/

Sounds cute but the crossover is a bit random. Calling it now, I expect the Rabbids have invented some portal device and they transport themselves into a game of Mario RPG (which I assume is Mario and Luigi? doesnt make that clear)

NOW for the big one
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-18-nintendo-switch-will-get-pokemon-sun-and-moon-version

If your gonna post rumors Fried, atleast post rumors people care about :^)

Koenig

The Architect

:msick:

Everything about that rumor makes me sick. Not that it couldn't work, but the humor the rabbits employ is the antithesis of what i look for in the Mario RPGs, never mind the fact they really don't fit that well into the Mario universe. I gave Color Splash a chance, so if this is true ill give it a chance as well; but God, my expectations are beyond low.
NOW for the big one

:mpray:

Now this is something I can get behind! All aboard the hype train!

Goodtwin

I love the idea of a Rabbids Mario crossover. The bottom line is there are typically the most successful third party ventures for publishers like Ubisoft. I'm looking at Hyrule Warriors, and without the Zelda IP, that game would have sold poorly.

NOW for the big one

Having a proper Pokémon game on the Switch is brilliant. Not only will it help the system sell, but it shows Nintendo really is committed to merging home-console and hand-held.
Also, forget Sun and Moon; I'm going to be all over Stars.

BobSilencieux

that is 199 GBP

not US dollars... most things in the UK are half the number as in the US... so if a car has an MSRP of $30,000... it has an msrp in the Uk of around 15,000 GBP

and this isn't exchange rate I am talking about...... this is ideal exchange rate... if the US, the UK, Europe, and Japan are all doing about equaly as well in their currency these numbers would have the same value

$2 USD (America)
2 EUR (European Union)
1 GBP (United Kingdom)

200 YEN (Japan... just think of it as pennies rather than dollars, Japan doesn't have a coin worth less than 1 yen, just as america doesn't have a coin worth less than 1 cent... japan just doesn't have a sub currency like we do, they start at the bottom and the numbers go higher)

so unless the exchange rate is f'n nutty, that is the metric you want to use if you see the price of a product in 1 country and want to consider what it would be in another....

that being said.. the UK seems to price gaming stuff a bit higher

if 199 GBP is correct I would say it would probably be $350 US
A bit late, but I do just need to correct this. As far as pure exchange rate goes, for most of my life, 1GBP has been equal to between 1.6 and 1.7 USD. In recent years it has been lower (around 1.2USD) but if the pound was EVER worth 2 dollars, it was a freak occurence.
As for the prices of goods - lol not even close. Things are usually priced at very similar number values, so your $60 video games for example sell for at least £50 - £55 here, and always have done. SNES games were £60, N64 games were £60 or higher... and your $30,000 car is probably going to sell for about £26,000 here, not £15,000.

I would still love to see a third game in the Pokemon Colosseum series, albeit improved improved upon.
I think with this news, there will probably be no need for that sort of stuff anymore. An extensive suite of multiplayer options that feed some of those beasts would and should be entirely feasible.

W-w-what? Rabbids x Mario? NO FUCKING THANK YOU

Edit (Juegosmajicos): Unless I'm wrong about what that image was, I'm going to ask you to not post stuff like that here.

Last edited by a moderator:

From Laura Kate Dale. Some of these (like Xenoblade X) come from only one source.
Ha, knew Grasshopper's involvement would be The Silver Case.

From this list for 2017, hmm
3D Mario
Splatoon
Smash
Zelda
MK8
Xenoblade X
Pokemon Stars
Pikmin
maybe Mario Rabbids

Looks nice to me and to newcomers, but thats honestly a lot of ports. Hopefully there's new things hidden around, I recall Emily sticking by her new IP and Retro Studios game, but she's going back to being iffy as fuck with sourcing.