Nintendo Switch Online

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I like that we can use gold coins to pay for it. That means we get it for free if we spend $400 dollars on Switch games every year. :mlaugh:

FriedShoes

MLG
So its ok. NES games online are neat, but you gotta have a good connection, because lag can ruin it. Had a good time playing some with simplytravis though.
BIG THING THOUGH, something just part of the update and not a feature strict to the online pay thing
Since I couldnt rally people to do a family share account, may I at least interest everyone in some account/game sharing??? Its kinda awesome
Does the online functionality paywall every online game on the system, or just Nintendo's?
very much case by case, but Nintendo's for sure. For third parties you got games like Rocket League and upcoming Diablo requiring it.
If its F2P, it seems to be free of the online paywall

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
BIG THING THOUGH, something just part of the update and not a feature strict to the online pay thing
Since I couldnt rally people to do a family share account, may I at least interest everyone in some account/game sharing??? Its kinda awesome
I was just telling Matt that game sharing could be a great feature for our nindie club. One person could buy a game that not everybody might be willing to buy for full price (like Owlboy), and we all get to take turns playing it. I'm still traveling so I can't look into it right now, but I will once I get back.

Karkashan

Married to Chrom
Used 800 points to get it for 12 bucks.

The games seem to be fairly accurate representations of the NES originals.

I like how they have save states instead of the Wii U's eghckh ish restore points. If Nintendo ever does do regular VC stuff again, I hope it's like this.

sjmartin79

White Phoenix of the Crown
Steve2 & I did the family plan and got it all set up last night. Then I made sure that all my games saves were backed up to the cloud. Was a pretty simple process to get it all going. Didn't get a chance to play the NES games yet, but that can wait for another day.

SkywardCrowbar

Twintelle's loyal Husbando
So far, so good. I have noticed a slight decrease in lag in Online games (ARMS and Splatoon 2) and I like the NES games.

My main interest is when are they going to bring SNES through Wii games? I want to play Donkey Kong Country!

FriedShoes

MLG
So far, so good. I have noticed a slight decrease in lag in Online games (ARMS and Splatoon 2) and I like the NES games.

My main interest is when are they going to bring SNES through Wii games? I want to play Donkey Kong Country!
I would put some money that they'll charge extra for SNES and GC libraries. I wonder if their experiments on Wii U and 3DS and Switch have made them more interested in bringing out full price remasters of those GC and Wii games instead of offering them in the eshop or in an online NES-like service.

Last edited:

SkywardCrowbar

Twintelle's loyal Husbando
I would put some money that they'll charge extra for SNES and GC libraries. I wonder if their experiments on Wii U and 3DS and Switch have made them more interested in bringing out full price remasters of those GC and Wii games instead of offering them in the eshop or in an online NES-like service.
Personally, I would prefer a smaller selection of full on remasters for the Gamecube and Wii titles. I am looking for titles in bulk for NES through N64.

Goodtwin

So far I like what is offered here. It's not an impressive service in of itself, but the paywall barrier for online gaming has been there on Xbox and PlayStation for quite a while now, and Nintendo passing up on revenue that is pretty standard these days probably seemed foolish. The lineup of NES games is pretty decent right out of the gate, and if they do a good job of rolling out titles on a regular basis, and hopefully add SNES games in 2019, then I think the $20 price is pretty fair. Its a budget price and the functionality of the service reflects that. The value of the NES games varies from person to person, but for me I have spent $20 or more a year on retro games on previous consoles, its pretty much a wash for me. They got my money before, and they are just getting it from a different angle now.