Nintendo Treehouse: Live with Zelda Wii U to be hosted on June 14

Are you still excited about Zelda coming to Wii U...?

• Yes....

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • No....

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Kinda....

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
Nintendo Treehouse: Live with Zelda Wii U to be hosted on June 14

http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-treehouse-live-with-zelda-wii-u-to-be-hosted-on-june-14/

"Nintendo has revealed new details about its plans for E3 2016. As previously mentioned, the upcoming Zelda game for Wii U (also coming to NX) will be featured.

Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime will introduce Nintendo Treehouse: Live on June 14 at 12 PM ET / 9 AM PT. This will be followed by “a day of live-streamed gameplay of The Legend of Zelda.” Nintendo says it’ll “be the world’s first in-depth look at the game, which will also include commentaries by Nintendo developers.”

Fans can watch the stream on Nintendo’s YouTube and Twitch channels as well ashttp://e3.nintendo.com. You can expect “game coverage, behind-the-scenes info and plenty of fun.”

Nintendo is hosting a competition so that one fan and a companion can play the new Zelda game on the show floor. Starting today and lasting through May 10, a Twitter sweepstakes is being hosted for a chance to win a trip to the expo. You can enter simply by tweeting @NintendoAmerica a note about what The Legend of Zelda series means to you while using the hashtags #MyZeldaLegend and #NintendoSweepstake. Visit this page for more information."

Catch today’s full announcement below.

"REDMOND, Wash., May 5, 2016 – Nintendo will transform its booth at the E3 video game trade show next month in Los Angeles to immerse fans in the world of the newest game in The Legend of Zelda franchise – playable for the first time ever at the show. To ensure attendees are able to truly experience the freedom of exploration the game offers, The Legend of Zelda for Wii U will be Nintendo’s focus of the show this year, and will be the only playable game in Nintendo’s booth via extended demos.

At E3 this year, we’re treating people to an immersive Zelda experience,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing. “By giving attendees extended hands-on time with this remarkable game, they’ll be able to get a much deeper understanding of something new for the franchise.”

Nintendo’s kickoff to the E3 show happens at 9 a.m. PT Tuesday, June 14, when Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime introduces Nintendo Treehouse: Live, which will be dedicated to a day of live-streamed gameplay of The Legend of Zelda. This will be the world’s first in-depth look at the game, which will also include commentaries by Nintendo developers. The Legend of Zelda gameplay will be streamed from the E3 show floor via Nintendo’s channels on YouTube and Twitch, as well as on http://e3.nintendo.com. The stream will include game coverage, behind-the-scenes info and plenty of fun.

Series Producer Eiji Aonuma has said that this new installment in The Legend of Zelda franchise will be a clean break from the conventions of previous games, removing boundaries that forced players to follow a set path and introducing new gameplay that has not been experienced in previous games in the series.

While people everywhere will be able to watch The Legend of Zelda gameplay online, one lucky fan and a companion will be flown to Los Angeles to enjoy the action in person and be among the first to play the game on the show floor. Between now and May 10, Nintendo is offering a sweepstakes on Twitter for a chance to win a trip for two to E3 to play the game. Anyone who tweets @NintendoAmerica a note about what The Legend of Zelda series means to them while using the hashtags #MyZeldaLegend and #NintendoSweepstakes will be entered for a chance to win. Fans can share messages about their favorite games, characters or memories of the franchise. Nintendo will select a winner at random. The prize package includes airfare for two, a hotel stay, tickets to E3, a $500 prepaid VISA debit card. For all the details about the sweepstakes, visithttp://e3.nintendo.com/#section-sweepstakes."

Nice....

Last edited:

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Something occurred to me the other day about Zelda being the big featured game from Nintendo at E3 this year. Sony has Uncharted 4 which is having the phrase "PlayStation's largest ever." Could Zelda be Nintendo's answer to that?

Obviously, it's unlikely to be as big as XCX, but we do know that Monolith Soft are helping Nintendo out with development (possibly open world). The big question then is, how big is this game going to be, and given how much press and footage we are likely to see, is it even going to scratch the surface of the full game?

An even better question, how will the Wii U and NX versions differ?

AutisAwsome

AKA FloppyPony. I am on twitter and facebook to :3
I defiantly gonna watch this but if only thing I am gonna watch then I will wait till a clip is online rather watching the whole e3 thing

thekiller7

The Seven and Only
Biggest cocktease since The Last Guardian was shown... I'll watch it, then forget about it knowing it's another year or possibly longer away. Tons of other games I'm looking forward to across the other systems.

Koenig

The Architect
I am glad they are sticking with the treehouse format, however I am still very disappointed that they have abandoned press conferences and digital events in favor of them. Both together would have been far more effective IMO.

FriedShoes

MLG
So they arent doing a Digital Event, or is that something completely separate? The way its worded it sounds like the former.

I understand only showing Zelda in the Treehouse, it would probably be a dick move if they covered other upcoming releases there and didnt allow the petty press to touch those. I'm very excited to see the game in action, hopefully it is interesting and fresh enough to sustain the entire stream.

I am excited about Zelda coming to Wii U, but I will most definitely be buying it for NX. I dont expect Nintendo will be innoventing the controller any more besides HOPEFULLY adding some rotary bumpers to the thing, so it would probably be just a graphics and performance boost.

FriedShoes

MLG
So is Zelda just the start of E3 or is E3 NOTHING but Zelda?

I'll check it out for a bit but I'm mostly on blackout over it.
From what I understood, the showfloor demos and booth would be just Zelda.
Based on their E3 site, they seem to have taken it much further, all of their E3 presentation is Zelda. According that that site, there is no Digital Event that would reveal or showcase other games, its just the Treehouse presentation and stream. I did not expect them to go full Zelda, its very odd.
That can't be right though, 3 days of Zelda?

Based on their E3 site, they seem to have taken it much further, all of their E3 presentation is Zelda. According that that site, there is no Digital Event that would reveal or showcase other games, its just the Treehouse presentation and stream. I did not expect them to go full Zelda, its very odd.
Looks like E3 this year is just gonna see what Sony has in store.

TechnoHobbit

Ash nazg durbatulûk
This past week has been crazy, every time I think Nintendo can't disappoint me more, they somehow find a way. I can't begin to express how much of a let down this E3 will be for me. I spend an entire year being hyped for this E3 thinking it'd easily be amazing (NX) and Nintendo somehow turns it into what will likely be the worst E3 for me ever (which is saying a lot), and to add insult to injury they somehow are doing this with Zelda--my most anticipated game of the generation.

I love the Zelda series to pieces, but seriously Nintendo? That will be it? You won't even have a Digital Event or multiple days of the Treehouse event? You don't have a whole lot, but we still need reveals and trailers for the likes of Paper Mario, Metroid:FF, and the unannounced 3DS games.

I'm also afraid they will show to much of Zelda, I want desperately to see more, but I want the game to remain full of surprises. If the Treehouse event is all day like in the past and all they show is Zelda... that's going to be a LOT of Zelda.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
So is Zelda just the start of E3 or is E3 NOTHING but Zelda?

I'll check it out for a bit but I'm mostly on blackout over it.
WTF. I don't want to be spoiled by anything (and I've admittedly bitched on "let's play" demos taking up 10-15 minute chunks of the past few E3s for Sony/MS). So Nintendo has kinda made it so I have to ignore their E3 completely.

Thanks, Nintendo.

Goodtwin

With so much focus on Zelda, I too am concerned about far to many spoilers. Perhaps it will be very much about exploring the vast open world, and leave out story based elements.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

DarkDepths

Your friendly neighbourhood robot overlord
With so much focus on Zelda, I too am concerned about far to many spoilers. Perhaps it will be very much about exploring the vast open world, and leave out story based elements.

Sent from my SM-G360V using genital warts
I have the same concerns. But, we are talking about Nintendo. If we can say anything about Nintendo these days, they're very interested in not sharing too much information. I'm pretty sure they won't just live stream a whole let's play. I suppose the game must be big enough that they feel they have enough to show.

Or... more likely. They'll show repeated segments throughout the day, in between interviews and whatnot.