NX - Do we really need another article...?

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
http://nintendoenthusiast.com/

That's just some, there are more....

I mean, I'm all for a little specualtion article/video here and there maybe, but isn't this just a little overkill...?

Considering we know next to jack shit about NX, are all these articles really nessesary...?

It reminds me of a forum when it gets spammed by a bunch of me too threads....

But the truth is, this is worse imo....

At least on a forum you could expect mods to step in and be like, hey, there is already a thread for that, and maybe put a stop to at least some of it....

But to be flooding the front page with nothing but NX articles like this is just....:mfacepalm:

Especially when many of them say the same things in different ways....

Right now, NX is click bait for most of these sites, but I haven't seen any other website trying to exploit it like our own front page....

It's pretty ridiculous imo....

Just imagine what it'll be like once we get some actual news if it's like this when we have none....

I've literally reached my limit on NX bullshit....

And with Nintendo forgoing giving us any real news atm, I can only expect this trend of nothing but NX related me too articles to continue....

What do you guys think...?

Is this just too much...?

Or is it just me....

Last edited:

simplyTravis

"A nice guy, but looks like a f'n Jedi!"
What else are we going to talk about?

Seriously though, I'm hoping to get a few things out this week and see if they can start putting it up on the website. We need some variety in this place. Maybe they should focus more on indie gaming in the time being?

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
What else are we going to talk about?

Seriously though, I'm hoping to get a few things out this week and see if they can start putting it up on the website. We need some variety in this place. Maybe they should focus more on indie gaming in the time being?
Like 20 in a row doe...? I understand the news out of the Nintendo camp is kinda stale, but this is just a little too much....

Maybe if they just didn't flood so many similar articles in such a short period of time, it wouldn't feel like comeplete overkill....

I mean, you could have said the same thing that it took 9 of those articles in one good one....

Stretching it out simply to have content on the front page over the course of a month.... Is lazy imo....

I would point to Nintendo themself....

Quality over quantinty....

Write a few good ones instead of maybe trying to spread them across 17 just because you can....

Last edited:

simplyTravis

"A nice guy, but looks like a f'n Jedi!"
"The power of having a B button on the NX controller"

"The importance of the Y button for the NX"

"Do we even need select anymore? - NX Opinion"

"C buttons: It is time for a comeback! (NX rumor)"

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I'm just saying, controlling the flow of similar articles is important to keeping a good stream of content imo....

When it's all the same shit all the time all at once, it gets annoying to even bother to read....

I try to read the front pages content regularly to show support....

These kind of critisisms are also a way of showing support imo....

But if nobody else is gone say it, I will....

It's too fucking much all at once considering the lack of real info it supposedly is not based on....

It's like trying to squeeze blood from a stone....

There is just not enough information to warrent all this....

I've seen posters acting more responsible about the lack of NX news in terms of threads being posted on forums, or the lack of them spamming it to death, than I'm seeinig here on the front page of TNE imo....

Last edited:

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
And I know what you are thinking, why would LSB be interested in any type of control for any reason....

But imo, this isn't about trying to control something for the sake of controlling it....

It's about taming something that is imo completely out of control....

There is huge difference between the two....

If somebody would just show a little more "self control" it wouldn't even be nessecary to bring it up at all....

Odo

It's like trying to squeeze blood from a stone....
I agree with you, but I also understand what TNE is doing.

The fact is Nintendo is a stone these days and the best way to make content about them is squeezing its blood.

Wii U is already dead. Zelda is for 2017. 3DS was never a strong topic on TNE and I don't think it bring users. So what else Nintendo sites have to talk about?

Many youtubers and bloggers that used to be Nintendo only are now mult-plat because of the same reason.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
There's no active agenda or plan of action when it comes to putting out articles. It's pretty much whoever wants to put something up, can do so. The staff sometimes talks to each other about the articles before they go up, but mostly when someone wants to write something, they do. Why they're all choosing to write about NX, I don't know. Personally I'm sick of talking about it because I feel like every time I have to refer back to Iwata's comments from the investors meeting of March 2014, cause Nintendo haven't given us anything new to work with since then. But there's also absolutely nothing else to talk about.

Get ready for 20 articles about Zelda the week after E3, I guess.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
The front page needs some more guidance on how to tackle particular articles such as the one Elia posted. My issue is unlike Elia, myself and others are all just contributors who will occasionally post our thoughts about something, but also make that a point. Elia otoh appears to be posting that article more like the overall thoughts and general consensus of TNE as a whole, and that's not true.

While I do see where he's coming from, just the collector status symbol for amiibo is very much a surprise for us all. I've said from the beginning though that the use of amiibo should give gamers discounts based on games of the amiibo itself. That alone would entice folks into buying them and collecting them, but also have some uses for it other than unlocking features for games.

As far as TNE is concerned as well as EG, there needs to be some structure behind it all, but also needs to focus on community because if you ask me, the forums and the front page here are not really in conjunction, but rather separate entities. I'm hoping that EG can fix that.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
You guys are making alot of excues for so many of these NX articles....

I mean, I haven't seen this kind of NX non news abuse on any other Nintendo themed fansite....

I mean, not a single other one is doing this....

Why...?

Cause they have some standards I imagine....

I mean, even the IGN Wii U lobby looks better in terms of varied content than our own front page....

imageedit_18_2864069785.jpg

I mean really, the IGN Wii U Lobby being more responsbible about the NX content than our own front page...?

I have skimmed every Nintendo fansite....

Nobody else is doing this NX crap like TNE.... I mean nobody....

Nobody has produced as many non articles about NX as the front page of TNE....

It's an insane amount guys....

How can I be the only one who thinks this...?

So they pump out as many as possible without worrying about quality, overlapping content or even repeating content....

I mean, great, if that is how you guys want to do things....

But it makes us look bad imo as a whole....

Like everyone associated with this place will wear the stigma these guys on the front page are fashioning for us by doing this crap....

But please, by all means continue....

This is just my way of voicing my opinion....

If you guys care little about the quality and quantity of content of the front side....

More power to ya....

Cause if this keeps up, I'm going back to ignoring the front page altogether....

Then I won't care either....

BobSilencieux

I feel bad and I'm genuinely sorry because I used to care a lot about the front page. I mean, I used to really believe in TNE. I was enthusiastic about contributing and about helping others by editing / proofreading etc. But times have changed. Most of the people writing for TNE now are well-meaning children or semi-literate adults, and it's just embarrassing more than anything else now. So I tend to just pretend it's not there. I wish I could muster up some of your passion, LSB, but I can't. Not with somebody who doesn't know the difference between then and than as editor-in-chief.

mattavelle1

ARMS is like breathing.......but more important
I don't really know what to say besides they think of an article, proof and print.

I wouldn't even know this tho if I Wasent in the slack group. I haven't been to the front page for years.

It's not an excuse just to turn a blind eye LSB, that's not what it is. We see, we all see, that's why Menashe wants to do away with writers..........and who can really blame him.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
I don't really know what to say besides they think of an article, proof and print.

I wouldn't even know this tho if I Wasent in the slack group. I haven't been to the front page for years.

It's not an excuse just to turn a blind eye LSB, that's not what it is. We see, we all see, that's why Menashe wants to do away with writers..........and who can really blame him.
Why not take the critizism to heart and try to change for the better though...?

Isn't that what we do here...?

Nobody wants anybody to leave....

Just to maybe learn from some of the mistakes they are making and try to improve....

But I'm not sure that kind of dialoge is even open with these guys....

Still, I don't want to seem that harsh....

I just want to pine for a change in thought process, not a change in staff nessecarily....

I'm trying to be helpful in all honesty, the only way I know how, by being honest....

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...xt_generation_portable_to_be_separate_from_nx

I mean look at this shit....

It's not like it's just TNE doing it....

Look at these assholes with this clickbait bullshit....

When we know this MH statement from literally nobody is complete BS....

Almost all Nintendo dedicted sites are fucking henious right now with this kind of rumor mongering....

Where is the fucking integrity...?

Is there none left to be found on the web if you are a Nintendo fan...?

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Simply put, in the video game industry, there is hardly any integrity when it comes to journalism. And if there is, it's very rare these days. Probably one of the reasons I've been putting some of my current article drafts on hold. I think part of it is I want it to feel like it's something you've actually put some thought into rather than simply something you thought about for two minutes, and thought it would stir up some great debates. That's also another reason why I've haven't done much video stuff lately.