~~ Official Call of Duty: Ghosts Wii U Discussion ~~

Koenig

The Architect
*Grabs Mattavelle*
You can't back out now. ;)
I honestly found the maps in BO to be downright claustrophobic. Then again, I almost always choose snipers rifles as my weapon of choice.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
As a sniper I can understand your point Koenig.

Me. I run a LMG like a Sub-machine gun. So the CQC plus some longer sight lines (tho few and far between) it made for perfect maps for myself.

Well I haven't found a CoD I can't run like this yet.

Koenig

The Architect
The reason I like the maps from CoD4 the most is because they felt balanced from a weapon standpoint. If you played smart, you could use every single gun type effectively regardless of your general location on the map* (Obviously their were a few exceptions to this, but they were rare by comparison) I remember matches where knowing the exact layout of the map allowed me to take out the entire enemy team with nothing but my pistol, and as soon as the close quarters threat was eliminated I was able to switch right back to extreme long-range combat via my sniper rifle and hold of the second wave.
On that note, I also felt the way teams were spawned and could subsequently hold positions was better in CoD4. Generally speaking, you did not uproot the enemy team because you spawned behind them or that their own spawn location had changed; but rather because you were able to trick, flank, or coordinate an attack from a specific angle. Almost every game since has become fickle; changing the spawn location at a moments notice.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I also liked the maps in MW better than in BO, but BO is my absolute favorite second in that sense. Mechanically, I don't know that BO was the best, but the combination of great mechanics and excellent map design made for a great time in that game. Frankly, if it didn't have the typical piss-poor netcode of the COD franchise, it would be an outstanding game. This is why I'm excited for Ghosts; regardless of how bad the mechanics and level design turn out, at least the netcode seems like it will be much fairer,a fact that alone made me love Goldeneye Wii back when it came out.

Goodtwin

I cant wait to find the cheapest peice of shit in this game an own all you suckas. LOL Seriously, we are going to have a blast. TNE is going to have a lot of fun with this game.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUBcYogq-3M

Out of curiosity, has we seen a complete map from Ghost's yet, or is the game still widely under embargo?
Check the vids on the last page. You get a pretty good view of Whiteout, Octane, and Strikezone.

You can get a layout/overhead view of a few maps here:
http://www.codghosts.net/multiplayer-maps/

As for all of the maps....well, you can at least get a glimpse:
http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/10/12/12-of-the-15-known-call-of-duty-ghosts-mp-maps/

EDIT: Wait a minute...there's a gun called the "Honey Badger"?
http://www.codghosts.net/weapons-list/

Fine. Take my money.

EvilTw1n

Calling it now. Honey Badger gonna be OP, Honey Badger ain't gonna give a shit.

=))

Please let there be an awesome LMG!?!
http://www.codghosts.net/weapons-list/#Light_Machine_Guns

LSAT is a go.

I have a feeling that the muhfuggin' "Chain Saw" is going to be my go-to (in addition to the Honey Badger). An LMG designed for hip fire? It's like they said "hey, Wiimote users could find a use for this."

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I'm really excited about the addition of a Marksman class. "El Sombrero, M.D., heart surgeon" will be my callsign.
"Be advised, coronary artery bypass, inbound."

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Calling it now. Honey Badger gonna be OP, Honey Badger ain't gonna give a shit.

=))

Please let there be an awesome LMG!?!
http://www.codghosts.net/weapons-list/#Light_Machine_Guns

LSAT is a go.

I have a feeling that the muhfuggin' "Chain Saw" is going to be my go-to (in addition to the Honey Badger). An LMG designed for hip fire? It's like they said "hey, Wiimote users could find a use for this."
Fat ass class inbound

is free fall going to be available at launch? anyone pre-order for that?
http://nintendoenthusiast.com/forums/discussion/comment/45871#Comment_45871
update: It's possible it might come later, but there's been no final decision how they will release it.

Koenig

The Architect
I cant wait to find the cheapest peice of shit in this game an own all you suckas. LOL Seriously, we are going to have a blast. TNE is going to have a lot of fun with this game.
I ban you from explosive and akimbo weapons.
*Shudders*

Man, wish they've have finished SWBFIII for the Wii U so [strike]I could be getting 1st place every time and get called a hacker at every win[/strike] we all could be playing it right now.Love how all my comments been about everything but COD, yet I haven't gotte--
[Banned: Stay of the forums, filthy front page poster peasant ~ NintendoMan]

Goodtwin

I ban you from explosive and akimbo weapons.
*Shudders*
Nope, I called it first. Cheapest weapon available combined with corner camping.
=))

EvilTw1n

I'm really excited about the addition of a Marksman class. "El Sombrero, M.D., heart surgeon" will be my callsign.

"Be advised, coronary artery bypass, inbound."
I'm wondering just how powerful the marksman guns are going to be, and how they're going to balance them with the rest of the weapons. At face value, they seem like "tweener" weapons, stuck between assault and sniper rifles. Which sounds cool until you remember MW3, where they made SMGs into a tweener that got owned by machine pistols at close range, and owned by assault rifles at medium range.

Then again, the three-round burst M16 has always had a role, and in the right hands, the G3 from COD4 was positively devastating (it pretty well broke hardcore).

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I'm wondering just how powerful the marksman guns are going to be, and how they're going to balance them with the rest of the weapons. At face value, they seem like "tweener" weapons, stuck between assault and sniper rifles. Which sounds cool until you remember MW3, where they made SMGs into a tweener that got owned by machine pistols at close range, and owned by assault rifles at medium range.

Then again, the three-round burst M16 has always had a role, and in the right hands, the G3 from COD4 was positively devastating (it pretty well broke hardcore).
Well, my go-to AR in BLOPS2 was the SMR with its 2-shot kill, because it actually felt pretty much exactly like the M14 in the first Modern Warfare. To me, that kind of power is more than enough, but what I'm excited about is about these specific weapons getting some unique attachments that differentiate them from the automatic ARs. I am wondering whether 3-round burst weapons will count as marksman rifles, though, cause that would also be cool.

Koenig

The Architect
I hope they bring back (Hard to get) golden weapons. I remember the effort I put into getting all the golden weapons in CoD4, and the feeling I got after finally earning them.Somehow, I was even fantastic with the Dragunov despite its weak power.

EvilTw1n

Well, my go-to AR in BLOPS2 was the SMR with its 2-shot kill, because it actually felt pretty much exactly like the M14 in the first Modern Warfare. To me, that kind of power is more than enough, but what I'm excited about is about these specific weapons getting some unique attachments that differentiate them from the automatic ARs. I am wondering whether 3-round burst weapons will count as marksman rifles, though, cause that would also be cool.
Hmm.

http://www.codghosts.net/weapons-list/#Marksman_Rifles

Two selective fire guns (although one of the images says single-shot), one semi-auto, and one that's basically just a tamed sniper rifle.

Apparently IW is saying they're "more versatile than classic Sniper Rifles, with greater stopping power than Assault Rifles."

...which is basically COD4's G3.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I just spent like half an hour reading through that weapon list, even though I'd already seen it a couple of days ago. I'm getting more excited for this game that it probably deserves.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I no nothing about this game but that map list.

I'm excited not cause I give a crap about what's in the game. I'm ready to drink, hangout, and mow heads.

I'll find a gun somewhere that I like :p

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I just hope this does not turn into an akimbo-fest like MW2-MW3. I miss the days of non automatic secondaries.
I'm also hoping it's not MW3. Cause I thought it sucked all the way around. This is IW next outting since the and I'm hoping for much much better results.

I really liked MW2. But I loved BLOPS, and BLOPS2.

Koenig

The Architect
I really liked the killstreaks mechanics in MW3. I was sorely disappointed that I could not longer assign specific killstreaks to individual class's in BO2.

I really liked the killstreaks mechanics in MW3. I was sorely disappointed that I could not longer assign specific killstreaks to individual class's in BO2.
Indeed. It made for a more boring display of killstreaks, but they did take attachments and perks to another level. It was probably a trial of sorts to shift the focus.

Speaking of killstreaks... Slight chance of: FRIENDLY AIRSTRIKE ON THE WAY

EvilTw1n

I just hope this does not turn into an akimbo-fest like MW2-MW3. I miss the days of non automatic secondaries.
You're in luck, then.

Kind of.

http://www.codghosts.net/weapons-list/#Handguns

All but one of the hand guns look like typical secondaries, and are semi-auto. The PDW is apparently a 3-round burst. So long as they nerf sniper rifles back into what they're supposed to be, I'm OK with PDW being the one really powerful handgun. The argument used to be "well it's not fair for snipers to have no chance at anything but long range!"

The answer to that is "...and?"

That's the point of being a sniper (use your perks and carry two primaries, then). But fine, I'll give 'em that. It just got out of control in BO2, because you had quick scoping, then a quick switch to a ridiculously OP-ed sidearm.

Koenig

The Architect
They need to remove quick scoping, and instead make snipers a viable weapon by developing maps that they can actually be used on.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Does anyone know if we are getting DLC for this game of any kind?

Has the WiiU been mentioned anywhere in talks like this?

Goodtwin

I dont really care that much about DLC anymore. Its not like we wont still play Ghost for 100-200 hours over the next year, so for me spending another $20-60 on DLC doesnt really make much of a difference for me. I dont know that I would really play it any more or any less based on DLC.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I dont really care that much about DLC anymore. Its not like we wont still play Ghost for 100-200 hours over the next year, so for me spending another $20-60 on DLC doesnt really make much of a difference for me. I dont know that I would really play it any more or any less based on DLC.
Totally feel you on this and I agree. I'll still play the piss outta Ghost with or without it. I was just curious if we have any idea about it.

EvilTw1n

I think I mentioned this before online, but for the most part, I don't really care about DLC add-ons. There's so many games to play already, and my backlog grows by the day, so it's not like I've been in a hurry to buy more stuff for games I just beat.

That said, COD's DLC does matter to me because it's an outlier -- it's the only FPS worth a damn being released on the Wii U. So if there's a map pack released that's absolutely amazing, then sure, I'd consider buying it.

Of course, IW could make that type of DLC superfluous if they just give us really good maps on the disc. There's 14 damn maps already (15 if we get Free Fall).
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/435508/call-of-duty-ghosts-maps-modes-and-weapons-lists-revealed/
Make 10 really good maps, and I won't miss DLC. Give us BO2/MW3 maps, though, and I will.

EvilTw1n

OK, I saw this commercial this weekend. Around family. And I had to leave the room because I was laughing my ass off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3jNbj_5sNo

How many of you would download this game off the eShop, if it came out on there in full form?

And what's this. Cartons full of this game stacked high. Is there a secret inside?

EvilTw1n

How many of you would download this game off the eShop, if it came out on there in full form?
Perhaps. Depends on when. If it was offered early, I'd download it, just so I could my review out quicker.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Would only download if it performed better from internal memory (doubt the faster loading would make much of a difference), or if it was cheaper or came with some sort of promotion.
On the other hand, Call of Duty always abuses that disc drive, so that alone might be an incentive to go digital.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Would only download if it performed better from internal memory (doubt the faster loading would make much of a difference), or if it was cheaper or came with some sort of promotion.
On the other hand, Call of Duty always abuses that disc drive, so that alone might be an incentive to go digital.
What does "abuses the disk drive" mean?