~~ Official Call of Duty: Ghosts Wii U Discussion ~~

Koenig

The Architect
did you try one on the gamepad one on the TV? I did that locally offline in Blops 2 and it worked well, but once we went online it would hurt the framerate.
We tried that, but it won't let us. Either it is not available in Ghosts or the different aspect ratio dissables it.

did you try one on the gamepad one on the TV? I did that locally offline in Blops 2 and it worked well, but once we went online it would hurt the framerate.
We tried that, but it won't let us. Either it is not available in Ghosts or the different aspect ratio dissables it.
Nothing has changed since BO2 for dual screen play. You must use HDMI output of your Wii U. And it must be set to widescreen.

Goodtwin

Good games tonight fellas. There are matches where you feel beastly, and then a match later you feel like a total scrub. All balances out I suppose. I am glad I have learned to use multiple weapons in this game, switching it up seems to help when things are going a little rough.

My modem crapped out again, so by the time I got it rebooted you guys were off-line.
I hope you get a real fix to this problem soon. Something needs to change for your own sanity and... Every time you can't play, that's less people not screaming in our ears "Hacker!" or "Wii Remote Cheater!". Takes the fun out of our gaming nights when people don't rage quit repeatedly. :p

Koenig

The Architect
My modem crapped out again, so by the time I got it rebooted you guys were off-line.
I hope you get a real fix to this problem soon. Something needs to change for your own sanity and... Every time you can't play, that's less people not screaming in our ears "Hacker!" or "Wii Remote Cheater!". Takes the fun out of our gaming nights when people don't rage quit repeatedly. :p

So it seems the chances of at least one players console freezing is apparently greatly increased if a tracker sight is used in that match. That is my theory, going by the fact that I've observed it in games I've been in and now the reports here. Let us observe more and continue investigating.

The other night, many people observed a partial freeze, when a tracker was used at the final kill cam, with the freeze ending only thanks to it being the final kill cam. The ADS view of the tracker sight was stuck on the screen in one position throughout the final kill cam, while people on headsets continued to speak and wonder what was happening.

mantisLJD

The Human Metroid
http://www.callofduty.com/content/dam/atvi/callofduty/ghosts/dlc/mtx/wolf-pack-logo.pngTHE WOLF
Transform your Guard Dog into a menacing Wolf in Call of Duty®: Ghosts multiplayer. With this character skin, every time you use the Guard Dog Killstreak in multiplayer, you will be calling in The Wolf to watch your back and take out enemy players.

Available for Xbox One and Xbox 360 from Dec. 12, 2013
Other platforms TBA

http://instagram.com/p/hynwXNyp9T/

http://www.callofduty.com/content/dam/atvi/callofduty/ghosts/dlc/mtx/wolf-pack-logo.pngTHE WOLF
Transform your Guard Dog into a menacing Wolf in Call of Duty®: Ghosts multiplayer. With this character skin, every time you use the Guard Dog Killstreak in multiplayer, you will be calling in The Wolf to watch your back and take out enemy players.

Available for Xbox One and Xbox 360 from Dec. 12, 2013
Other platforms TBA

http://instagram.com/p/hynwXNyp9T/
The TBA is old information from last week. Also, the current page does not list xbox one despite it and all other consoles besides Wii U having it announced. http://www.callofduty.com/content/atvi/callofduty/ghosts/web/en/dlc/micro-items.html

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
I'm pretty sure there will be some matches tonight. There's going to be some NFS matches, too, which might take more people, but I imagine there's going to be at least a few COD matches. I'l probably be on late.

Koenig

The Architect
If I have been annoying you guys, I apologize. I can't help but feel that I have been getting on everyone's nerves lately.
In other news: it turns out you can board the helo scout WHILE wearing juggernaut armor. Suffice to say, this makes lasting long enough to get a sniper shot in much easier.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Some good matches tonight, everyone. And sorry if it seems my mic isn't that loud. I should probably invest in a half decent headset for gaming only. What sort of headsets do you all use?

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
fun matches with and against the TNE crew.broke the streak of bad matches when im running with yall :)
Man glad you had fun Bobby D. Most definatly gonna have to run some more, and please man come around here more often. I agree with Jueg

Koenig

The Architect
Oi...I am making progress with my Helo Scout objectives, but dear Lord is that kill streak under powered. Unless you have juggernaut armor when you use it, it is virtually impossible to get of a clear shot before getting your head blown off, and even with the juggernaut armor it hard to line off a shot because of the helicopters erratic movement.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Ggs. Sorry 'bout Extinction. Played like ass, and my Gamepad's battery died, so my mic cut out for awhile.

Damn good fun, though, as always.

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
Nah I didn't do well myself. I hope that the 4 people leaving on Extintion dosent elude us forever.

On the TDM front tho all good, lots of kick ass going on!

Shoulder

Relevant...

That's usually the 10-12 year olds who cannot comprehend the idea that some people are better than them, so by calling us names in the worst possible language certainly doesn't help their cause. Those miserable little fucks are more annoying than a blonde in a hardware store.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I had this discussion with captainKeeta over in the IGN Wii Lobby a long time ago, about competitive vs non-competitive players in Smash Bros. The way I remember thinking about it, is that "non-competitive" players are simply taking different parameters to their game (accepting randomness in the form of items and level hazards, for example), but equally consider to be playing in a closed system. I guess the other think is that "non-competitive" players like to remain in a sort of soft balance where they are always roughly equal to their opponents, never too far above. But competitive players always like to be above, and that's why they pick up all those little skills that give them an edge, like l-canceling, wavedashing, etc.
I guess if I would think about the topic seriously today now I would come up with something more refined. Maybe later.

Shoulder

I think most people are competitive, it's just at what level you are. As you guys probably know, I am competitive, but I also like to simply have fun in the process. If I happen to do well as a result, it's mostly because I try to not take it too seriously. Sure at times I get frustrated, but I try to make it fun, while still being good at it. :)

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I think most people are competitive, it's just at what level you are. As you guys probably know, I am competitive, but I also like to simply have fun in the process. If I happen to do well as a result, it's mostly because I try to not take it too seriously. Sure at times I get frustrated, but I try to make it fun, while still being good at it. :)
*raises hand* yep this is me.

I'm competitive but I have fun in the process of winning. If I don't win I'll try again till I do.