~~ Official Call of Duty: Ghosts Wii U Discussion ~~

Koenig

The Architect
Would only download if it performed better from internal memory (doubt the faster loading would make much of a difference), or if it was cheaper or came with some sort of promotion.
On the other hand, Call of Duty always abuses that disc drive, so that alone might be an incentive to go digital.
What does "abuses the disk drive" mean?
The reason my wii stopped reading disks and had to be repaired, FOUR times. Reading the disks will eventually damage the optical disk drive itself.

I don't think it's a good idea to download something huge like this to the 32GB (which is less in reality) internal...

btw, search and rescue is so much fun.

mantisLJD

The Human Metroid
I don't think it's a good idea to download something huge like this to the 32GB (which is less in reality) internal...

btw, search and rescue is so much fun

How do you know that? Did you somehow get the game early?

I'm hearing that there wont be clans, have no clue about DLC but seeing how we were dicked on it before I can see the Wii U version not getting that either.

Would only download if it performed better from internal memory (doubt the faster loading would make much of a difference), or if it was cheaper or came with some sort of promotion.
On the other hand, Call of Duty always abuses that disc drive, so that alone might be an incentive to go digital.
What does "abuses the disk drive" mean?
when BO and MHTri came out, it ruined my disc drive(on the Wii, only problem I've ever encountered). There was actually a bunch of people over at IGN that actually had the same problem.

I wouldn't download, physical is how I roll.

So NMan what's the word on DLC?
Nothing more to add than what I posted in the past couple pages. I've been getting both hot and cold info on it. But the situation is improving vs. last years drop off of support...
I'm hearing that there wont be clans, have no clue about DLC but seeing how we were dicked on it before I can see the Wii U version not getting that either.
It's confirmed that Wii U will not have a official clan wars website or smartphone/tablet app as all other systems do. We will have to continue to use the internet at large instead of a branded app to arrange clan wars on Wii U.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Mean it'll cause you Disc drive to run over time constantly.

Having it digital means you're Disc drive wont be used as much so it wont break for longer

I know that when playing Arkham Origins, the disc is constantly loading stuff; so much to the point where the game will stutter and and pause to load new sections of the map. I wonder if I had the Digital version if that would've been resolved or not. I know it's not a hardware problem, but more what the developers had to work with in the time given.
Thing is, if the PS4 version of Ghosts has a 49GB install, what doe that mean for the Wii U version, or the PS3 and 360 for that matter?

After how poorly Black Ops II sold on Wii U, why are they even bothering to give us Ghosts :-?

It has not sold the poorly as one might think, relative to the number of consoles sold. Other than controls and touchscreen, it was a port from 360. Activision wants to grow that number now. It's in their interest to get the numbers back to at least what they were with the Wii CoDs, which wound up selling many millions of copies and making Activision money.

I know that when playing Arkham Origins, the disc is constantly loading stuff; so much to the point where the game will stutter and and pause to load new sections of the map. I wonder if I had the Digital version if that would've been resolved or not. I know it's not a hardware problem, but more what the developers had to work with in the time given.
Thing is, if the PS4 version of Ghosts has a 49GB install, what doe that mean for the Wii U version, or the PS3 and 360 for that matter?
Yeah, the digital seems better, I posted in the Community thread recently some more elaborate info on this subject. All the other versions except PC are smaller than ps4. Wii U is somewhere in the middle.

At the beginning of this month, I posted this http://nintendoenthusiast.com/forums/discussion/comment/45871#Comment_45871 . I can sadly confirm, that is now official. Free Fall will not be on Wii U as a preorder or day one bonus. Instead, time was spent pushing the hardware performance (visuals), controls, network, and other things.

Don't ask me about DLC/Map packs. Wait for launch day.

smells and tastes nice

Cubits

After the debacle surrounding nuketown 2025, they really should have just released that map for free in a patch to BO2 and put it into rotation. It would have been a nice touch, and surely couldn't have taken up too much of their time.
They've already left the playerbase in the dark on the subject of DLC after referring to it in the manual and on the game packaging twice now, which is borderline false advertising, and certainly rude. The community would take more kindly if they didn't attempt a hat-trick of prickishness.
I know you can't have the answers, and i don't demand DLC, i just don't like being jerked around with such fantastic regularity.

I think I'd prefer them focusing on polishing the performance and visuals then another map. 15 maps to me is enough, as many dont even get played in a night of gaming, so I'm fine with no DLC, but I understand why others want it

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
^
For one map, yeah, I don't care. We've got 14. That's a lot.

But on down the road, when we've put 200 hours into those maps? Then a new pack of three or four maps would matter. I won't hold my breath on that, but right now COD is the only game in town, so on we roll.

Other than controls and touchscreen, it was a port from 360.
Which explains why it took them longer to crack IR controls in BO2, since it wasn't just Wii code they had already mastered.

Of course, for the sake of continuity, that makes it sound like Ghosts will be a 360 port, too.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
At the beginning of this month, I posted this http://nintendoenthusiast.com/forums/discussion/comment/45871#Comment_45871 . I can sadly confirm, that is now official. Free Fall will not be on Wii U as a preorder or day one bonus. Instead, time was spent pushing the hardware performance (visuals), controls, network, and other things.

Don't ask me about DLC/Map packs. Wait for launch day.

smells and tastes nice

Interesting. If the game is receiving more polish as a result of not having that, maybe it's not such a bad deal then.

EvilTw1n

^Interesting. The link to COD's site has some good info, too.http://www.callofduty.com/content/dam/atvi/callofduty/ghosts/images/Ghosts-Blog_Perks-1200x630.jpgEach Perk belongs to one of seven different Perk Categories. Mix and match as you see fit to create a near unlimited number of loadout combinations, from quick and stealthy to tough and armed to the teeth.
Speed

Outrun and outmaneuver enemy players. Speed Perks are all about getting the lead and staying ahead. Examples include:
Sleight of Hand: Faster reloading.
Stalker: Move faster while aiming.

Handling

Dexterity and control drives the Handling Perks, improving actions and accuracy. Examples include:
On the Go: Reload while sprinting.
Steady Aim: Increased hip fire accuracy.

Stealth

Stealth Perks aid you in staying out of sight, maintaining a low profile and engaging on your terms. Examples include:
Takedown: Kill enemies without revealing their death locations.
Incog: Resistant to targeting systems including: Recon, Thermal Scope, Tracker Sight and Motion Sensor. No name or red crosshairs when targeted.

Awareness

Keep in tune with your surroundings. Awareness Perks help you survey the environment and detect enemy players. Examples include:
SitRep: Detect enemy explosives and tactical equipment.
Wiretap: Utilize all active enemy and friendly SAT COMs on the field.

Resistance

A hardened endurance reduces the effects of fatigue. Resistance Perks keep you going through tough engagements. Examples include:
Focus: Reduced weapon sway when aiming down sights and reduced flinch when hit.
Blast Shield: Increased resistance to explosive damage.

Equipment

Tacticians swear by their gear, and Equipment Perks ensure you have the best tools on hand. Examples include:
Extra Tactical: Additional Tactical equipment.
Extra Attachment: Extra attachment for your weapons.

Elite

Elite Perks offer special abilities that affect your loadouts in a variety of ways. Examples include:
Gambler: Spawn with a random Perk.
Ping: Activate a sonar ping upon killing an enemy, revealing nearby hostiles.

http://community.callofduty.com/community/call_of_duty/english/ghosts/blog/2013/10/29/call-of-duty-ghosts-intel-perks#.UnEycnCkpZw

Soooooooo, bad news first - there's going to be a "tracker site" (as shown in the stealth-perk section). Sounds like that's going to be our target finder for Ghosts. Incog sounds like a must-have perk to me.

But anywho, like BO2, I'm probably not going to run a secondary, lethal, or tactical. If I can double up on handling perks, I'd love to have steady aim and on-the-go together.

EvilTw1n

^
They got the Wiimote controls workable, and sorta left it at that. Their biggest mistake was trying to just cut/paste sticky aim in to try to equalize the schemes; pointer controls don't do well with a sticky reticle (for the same reason a mouse wouldn't) like DA does. They need to work on the cursor sensitivity and slightly shrink down the reticle spread (which makes IR's spray cone much wider than it needs to be).

Goodtwin

So what do you guys think? Is Treyarch going to give us an enhanced port of Ghost over current gen, or will we get another Black Ops 2? Not saying Black Ops 2 was bad, but the framerate was nowhere near as stable as on 360. Will Treyarch try to push the Wii U hardware and make any enhancements over current gen? I am optimisitic because if they werent a rather talented group, I doubt that getting COD to run on Wii would have been possible. I know ehnancements to the game engine are supposed to make it even easier to take advantage of next gen hardware, some of which apply to Wii U. I would have to think that Nintendo would be very open to supporting Treyarch with any issues they are having. Nintendo has to realize that having COD on your console is very important for the future of the hardware.

"Awesome to see another CoD Wii/Wii U Veteran.1. Will the Wii U version be releasing alongside the PS3/360 versions on November 5th? - Yes!

2. Will Wiimote sniper scope aiming be like in MW3 Wii? Cos that was
the best of all the Wii/Wii U COD games. BO2's Wiimote scoping I had
trouble with. - Play it on the 5th and let me know what you think.

3. Is the Wii U version ported up from the PS3/360 ones, or down from the PS4/Xbox One ones? - It's not that cut and dry. We developed the Wii U version to deliver the best experience it could be on the Wii U.

4. I swear I'm not being a douche, (I really appreciate the work you
guys do) I'm just honestly curious; what part of the development process
takes nearly a year of work if you guys have the Wiimote stuff mostly
established from previous titles and Infinity Ward make the assets? -
there's a lot of work to be done. Not everything translates perfectly.
Our first Wii U title was made from Treyarch code. This one is IW's
code, so that needed to be readied for the Wii U. That's a lot of it.
Then there's GamePad support, Wii Remote adjustments, optimizations and
more. While the Wii U is technically considered a port, we don't
approach it that way. We work hard to develop an experience that is
catered to our unique audience. For example, no other platform supports
this many controllers. I'm happy we chose to stick with the Wii Remote
for the Wii U. It is a controversial subject on these forums, and I
understand why.

5. Why was Ghosts for Wii U not announced until a few months ago? - Treyarch doesn't control those things, that's Activision, so I can't speak to that."

"

We've been supporting multiple controllers for multiple titles now, so
I'm not sure what you're referring to unless you're going back to Modern
Warfare: Reflex.

Again, we are supporting the WIi U's main controller. The only option
regarding controllers that we could have considered for the Wii U was
dropping the Wii Remote altogether, which is something we made sure was
not an option for any Treyarch Call of Duty game on a Nintendo platform.

There's no benefit to me using word-play in this type of forum. I'm
here to speak with the community about the game as honestly as I can
about the things I'm authorized to speak about. I'm sorry you are
disappointed with how you've been treated."

Some fools want Wii-Remote controls gone? LOL.

EvilTw1n

That's a slippery answer on where the Wii U is coming from. You would think they're either up-porting from 360, or downporting from One. If it's not that simple, then what is it?

Goodtwin

You would have to assume that its whatever version is the least amount of work to port over to Wii U, and I would assume that is the 360 version. Why? Because of the powerpc cpu. X1 and PS4 being X86 would make it more involved compared to sticking with powerpc based code. Keep in mind that just like Need For Speed U, its not like its that hard to use better textures. There would be nothing stopping them from using higher rest texture than they use on the 360 and PS3. They are created for the PS4 and X1, so they would be available to treyarch if those were to request them. And things like lighting and shaders will vary with each console. I am just hopeful that we get a framerate as solid as it has been on the 360.

That's a slippery answer on where the Wii U is coming from. You would think they're either up-porting from 360, or downporting from One. If it's not that simple, then what is it?
Frankenstein's monster can be good. Remember CoD on Wii started as a PC port with a poor frame rate until it got optimized and wasn't. hint see NFSMWU. you're gonna like the way this looks.

Goodtwin

Frankenstein's monster can be good. Remember CoD on Wii started as a PC port with a poor frame rate until it got optimized and wasn't. hint. You're gonna like the way this looks.
You have seen it?

Goodtwin

Well you make statements to imply things, but then wont actually say anything. So I question if you have any credibility. If you are in the know, and than what does it hurt to shed some light on the subject? I have seen plenty of guys do this type of thing over at IGN and be totally full of shit. I dont really know you so I dont know what to think.

Koenig

The Architect
^
IW is in charge of making Ghosts. Treyarch is in charge of porting it to Wii U. Just like before.
So essentially, IW does not give a F%@$ about the wii U and have handed it over to Treyarch, Again.
*Sigh*

^
IW is in charge of making Ghosts. Treyarch is in charge of porting it to Wii U. Just like before.
So essentially, IW does not give a F%@$ about the wii U?
Not so. Treyarch have invested the time and experience on Nintendo console hardware and controls that IW doesn't. Plus, they have more Nintendo fans. The two teams are closer now than ever, however, and along with Raven and Neversoft, they are working together to bring this CoD to more consoles at once than ever before.

Koenig

The Architect
Perhaps, but it seems odd to me that the company who is making the game has yet to actually release a version of it on a Nintendo Console on their own.

Perhaps, but it seems odd to me that the company who is making the game has yet to actually release a version of it on a Nintendo Console on their own.
Shigeru Miyamoto giving a better speech in English than Reggie would be nice too. But Reggie is our Treyarch. Why would IW hire a new bunch of people to re-learn everything from scratch that Treyarch already knows so well? Do U speaka my language.

What difference does it make anyway? They are working together under the same Publisher. If Activision changed the name of Treyarch to Infinity Ward West, would that please you? Even IW is not the old IW anymore, and they have a few sub-teams.