~~ Official Call of Duty: Ghosts Wii U Discussion ~~

@Koenig Of course, you're not alone. But just like others that have had similar problems, it can be vastly improved. BTW, what's your NAT type? Your errors are a sign of problems at your place.

Koenig

The Architect
My NAT type is typically strict, however it has been changing on the fly without my intervention.
Sorry i left last night, but I decided to call it quits after my Wii U crashed again.

Your NAT should be OPEN. Strict (worst) or even moderate (sub-par) NAT types are exactly why people have connection issues like yours. And the Wii U's Wi-Fi issues just add to the connection being unstable. We can work on making some simple tweaks on your console and router (via the Wii U browser). It's possible we can make some major improvements to your connection. What's your router brand?

And forget about last night or any other night. I can tell by now when your connection goes bad. Your router thinks Call of Duty is a virus sometimes and disconnects whenever it feels like it!

Your NAT should be OPEN.
And Ill stop you right there. I have mentioned it before; but that is simply not an option. Believe me I have tried.
Then you've been doing it wrong. Listen, if you want to play online like a normal person, you need to try again and do it the right way. Or just accept failure and stop complaining about your online "problems". I suggest you let me help you.

Koenig

The Architect
With all do respect, No. I have already spent several hours trying to get it to change, and I know for a fact that I was doing it correctly; ultimately the fault lies with the modem itself and my current provider (Who I am trying to switch from, so we will see how that goes)

Goodtwin

Unfortunately for Koenig, the strict NAT means his problems are on his end. Its his connection, modem or settings that cause his connection issues. We all have the hitches here and there, but nobody else has the extreme issues Koenig has.

Koenig

The Architect
Unfortunately for Koenig, the strict NAT means his problems are on his end. Its his connection, modem or settings that cause his connection issues. We all have the hitches here and there, but nobody else has the extreme issues Koenig has.
Then how was I able to play past games (And the first few months of this one) without any trouble? It can't be the NAT type alone. *Confused*

Anyways, I have gotten back to using the Deadeye perk again, though I don't know how long I can go without marathon.

Goodtwin

Then how was I able to play past games (And the first few months of this one) without any trouble? It can't be the NAT type alone. *Confused*

Anyways, I have gotten back to using the Deadeye perk again, though I don't know how long I can go without marathon.
Games use different ports on the router, you can be open for one game and strict on another. When you router isnt open, the game can fluctuate between moderate and strict, neither is good.

Koenig

The Architect
What I am saying though, is that I have always had strict on every CoD game I have played (CoD4, MW3, BO, BO2) but I never had much of a problem before.

With all do respect, No. I have already spent several hours trying to get it to change, and I know for a fact that I was doing it correctly; ultimately the fault lies with the modem itself and my current provider (Who I am trying to switch from, so we will see how that goes)
My friend, with all do respect to you, I know what I'm talking about. I'm not talking out of my ass here. (I work in the industry in case you missed it.) I'm willing to bet I can get your connection opened up just like I have hundreds of others. It's not like you live in a different universe or a village in India. Stop thinking you have a Cuban ISP. You don't. Unless you have a very unearthly ISP that doesn't allow online gaming, then I will make it work. I don't want you to continue with this problem. If you think switching to a different provider is going to solve all of your connection woes, then you're wrong, but be my guest.

As Goodtwin said, all your problems are right there under your roof. You should be open to and thankful for my help. I usually charge for this shit. You're just making it harder for yourself if you delay. So, what is the name of your mysterious ISP? Router/modem model?

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
What I am saying though, is that I have always had strict on every CoD game I have played (CoD4, MW3, BO, BO2) but I never had much of a problem before.
I can't speak to the Wii CODs, but if you read the 360 and PS3 forums over there, you'll hear plenty of people with strict NAT types that have absolutely crappy experiences with the games, too. And odder still, their NAT types switch between different versions of COD. But I haven't heard of anyone having problems once they set up a DMZ or enable port forwarding.

Koenig

The Architect
My friend, with all do respect to you, I know what I'm talking about. I'm not talking out of my ass here. (I work in the industry in case you missed it.) I'm willing to bet I can get your connection opened up just like I have hundreds of others. It's not like you live in a different universe or a village in India. Stop thinking you have a Cuban ISP. You don't. Unless you have a very unearthly ISP that doesn't allow online gaming, then I will make it work. I don't want you to continue with this problem. If you think switching to a different provider is going to solve all of your connection woes, then you're wrong, but be my guest.

As Goodtwin said, all your problems are right there under your roof. You should be open to and thankful for my help. I usually charge for this shit. You're just making it harder for yourself if you delay. So, what is the name of your mysterious ISP? Router/modem model?
Sorry if I sounded rude, it is just that I have already spent so much time working with this crap that I am tired of it (Spent a good 8 hours strait on tech support lines trying to get it to work before) But if you really do think you can help Ill give it a shot.
My modem is a Sagemcom for Windstream, though I do not know which number is its model type.

Goodtwin

Go find your model numbers for your modem/router and bring it here. Ones you get into your router settings, setting your WIi U up to DMZ mode is a breeze. Nintendoman can help. Is your modem and router one unit? If not, get the manufacture and model numbers. With that info Nintendoman can help you get things opened up in the matter of minutes.

In Modern Warfare 3 I would actually set my settings to strict on purpose at times. I pulled host 99% of the time, and that really sucked on Wii (more so than on Wii U). When I got a strict NAT type, no more pulling host, but finding matches took longer. When playing with friends, I didnt care about pulling host quite as much since I knew we would do well and wouldnt have to worry about the host quitting (something that really sucked on Wii). Anyhow, once you learn how to get into your routers settings, something you do from your internet browser, its easy and you will be so glad you opened up your settings.

Thanks, @Koenig . Sorry for the delay, I've been a little sick and away from computers for a few days. Though I did play Ghosts on and off and finally ran into the infamous bug that stops you from accessing the operations menu. Treyarch are apparently taking time to include the fix in the next patch.

Moving on, I have now fully reviewed the information on that Sagemcom router, which according to their website, is a French brand. Since it's from France, it won't work with Wii U games, but it does send information to the French NSA. Okay, the previous sentence is a lie, and France has the best online gaming environment aside S. Korea and Japan, so their routers are pretty good for games. It might be older, but not crappy, and the company confirms that it fully supports online gaming, and should be able to be fully Ghosts compatible once logged into and setup. I actually like this router better than many others for games.

Without further ado, let's begin with some small steps. We need info from when you're online in Ghosts.

1. From the multiplayer menu, choose "OPTIONS".
2. In the OPTIONS menu, press the button for "System info". It's normally the "2" button on the Wiimote.
3. You should see a few lines of info show up. Post everything but the first line here. Or post the screen capture if you prefer.

Nat:
Bandwidth:
IP (should be two sets):
Geo:

Anyone else with Strict or even Moderate NATS can post their info here too if they want some possible help, time permitting.

Is that internal address similar to what you used before to access your router's configuration page? Is the router 192.168.254.1? Am I correct to assume you don't have many devices besides a Wii U hooked up at this time? Also, LMAO @ "Currently not available". It might be available if you wait a moment before checking.

BTW, I know some people with your ISP and router who do CoD with open NAT. If they can do it, you can do it.

Koenig

The Architect
I believe so. At the time i checked, not other device was connected to my network. As for the bandwidth, I waited for several minutes and reloaded the page; it never changed.

TheAmazingLSB

PLEASE UNDERSTAND....
Have you tried assigning your Wii U to be outside your firewall by entering it in your DMZ Koenig...? That was how I had to get my NAT open on my 3DS almost everytime.... Otherwise I would have all kinds of problems connecting....

I get a blank page.
Try this: http://MyRouter/upnpcfg.htm or let me know what address you use to get into your router, and I'll make the links easier.
I don't know the password to access that field.
Excellent. The user and password should both be "admin" (lower case and without quotes) type it in both boxes and tell me what you see. (Windstream support is for the birds, no pun intended.)

Koenig

The Architect
"admin" did not work, and now I am having trouble getting the page to load again.
are you sure you had admin without quotes in both boxes? How do you know it didn't work, was there an error message?
It simply left a blank page after I entered it. I tried it few more times with the same result.

Koenig

The Architect
Copy n paste'
Board ID: [email protected] Version: FAST1704 V1.0 (NAM)Manufacture Date: N71229115011588Serial Number: d86ce9601533Mac Address: D8:6C:E9:60:15:31Wan Mac Address: D8:6C:E9:60:15:33Software Version: 4.113.4_a4GL_WS_A2pB030lConfigId: F1704_WS_12.conf Bootloader (CFE) Version: 4.113.4DSL PHY and Driver Version: A2pB030l.d22kWireless Driver Version: 5.10.146.0.cpe4.404.1
This information reflects the current status of your 'DSL' connection.
Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps): 384Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps): 1536ShowtimeStart (seconds) 50087LAN IPv4 Address (Modem): 192.168.254.254WAN IPv4 Address: 98.20.207.86Default Gateway: 151.213.8.5Primary DNS Server: 166.102.165.11Secondary DNS Server: 166.102.165.13LAN IPv6 Address: Default IPv6 Gateway: Date/Time: Fri Jan 31 16:13:26 2014

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Oh, and just saw this from GoNintendo:
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=221490
Sounds like we have a good reason to play some Ghosts this weekend.

Oh, and just saw this from GoNintendo:
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=221490
Sounds like we have a good reason to play some Ghosts this weekend.
Old. http://nintendoenthusiast.com/forums/discussion/comment/67764#Comment_67764 :p There can be only one Stig.
:D

@Koenig Now we obtain the information for the second half of this journey.
First, make sure your Wii U is on and online.
From that page where you copied and pasted all that info from before, you should see links on the left hand side column.
Click DEVICE INFO.
Click ARP link and copy/paste that info.
Click DHCP, which is right under the ARP link, and copy the info from there.
http://i.imgur.com/nTtvdRE.jpg

Next, click ADVANCED SETUP link shown in the pic.
Click Upnp link that appears.
Is the box checked or empty?

@Koenig Can you check that options menu in Ghosts again? Are you sure that number in Ghosts contained 253 or was it a typo and you meant 254?

Matt made a Ghost of your post!