~~ Official Call of Duty: Ghosts Wii U Discussion ~~

This tiny detail. :ar!

So now this question, did the previous support people have you put numbers like that in your Wii U and/or router settings? If they did this themselves, then I want names of these supposed support person(s).

And now, our feature presentation...

Now, we will make the right changes to your Wii U settings. I'm partly re-using stuff from Nintendo's site, but modified for you. I'll start slow so random readers can follow along too. Here we go with part one...

Select the "Internet" icon. http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wiiu/en_na/images/ss/PIC-377-EN.jpg
Tap "Connect to the Internet."http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wiiu/en_na/images/ss/PIC-649-EN.jpg
Tap "Connections" or press the X Button
Tap the name of your Wi-Fi connecton.
Tap "Change Settings."
Tap the arrow on the right and select "IP Address."
Now follow these pics and make your settings exactly like them: (Tap Don't Auto-Obtain) http://i.imgur.com/vpytDTR.jpg Enter the numbers exactly as you see below, tapping "OK" after each one: http://i.imgur.com/DBiHMxI.jpg
Tap "Confirm." An on-screen message will ask you to configure the DNS settings (If it doesn't ask, then just tap the DNS option).
Tap "Configure."
Tap "Don't Auto-Obtain" http://i.imgur.com/N4dqzc2.jpg and enter the DNS info as follows, ensuring you enter the "." between each set of numbers:
  • Tap "Primary DNS" and enter 8.8.8.8, then tap "OK" to return to the DNS screen.Tap "Secondary DNS" and enter 8.8.4.4, then tap "OK" to return to the DNS screen.
It should look like this: http://i.imgur.com/Ti0WhMi.jpg
Tap "Confirm" to return to the manual settings screen. When finished, tap "Save "or press the B Button.

Tap "Save" again.

Tap "Connection Test" to test your connection.

Tap "OK" if the connection test was successful. Make sure this connection stays the default.

Exit the settings and go back to Wara Wara Plaza or whatever you want to call it.

Turn off your console, wait a few seconds, then you may turn it back on and go into Ghosts and see if anything changed in the options menu.

Disclaimer:
The DNS suggestions apply to every Wii U owner who plays this game online! The rest is only for Koenig, and might stop your console from going online, or possibly cause your console to brick or lose shaders. I am not responsible for kids who might try this at home. So kids, don't try any part of this without your parent's permission. Have your mother call me.

And now we gather the information for the final chapter.

Back to http://MyRouter enter admin
On the left, Click ADVANCED SETUP link
Click NAT
Click DMZ host
What do you see there?

Koenig

The Architect
The DSL router will forward IP packets from the WAN that do not belong to any of the applications configured in the Virtual Servers table to the DMZ host computer.

Enter the computer's IP address and click 'Apply' to activate the DMZ host.

Clear the IP address field and click 'Apply' to deactivate the DMZ host.

[table]

DMZ Host IP Address: *Box to type in information*

[/table]

[table]

DMZ Host IP Address: *Box to type in information*

[/table]

Type 192.168.254.1 in the box and click save/apply
and confirm. Click reboot
if it asks you if you'd like to reboot. If it doesn't ask to reboot after a few seconds, just click the Reboot link all the way in the upper right hand corner and click the reboot button that appears. Wait a couple minutes for your internet to come back on. Reboot your Wii U if it was on during this time. Now, check the NAT...

Ahh, so yeah, things just needed time to settle.
Congratulations! <:p
Noobs everywhere beware!

Now you're ready for the Ghosts patch, Mario Kart, Smash, Black Ops 3, etc...

Technically I am still skeptical, but I am also a lot more hopeful to. Thanks again for helping me this.
You're welcome, friend. And technically, this is not a 100% cure to every possible problem. Every connection responds somewhat differently. You'll still run into lag now and then. This is the best that can be done, short of getting you hard-wired, which would be near perfection, so Wii U's Wi-Fi issues might still cause you problems once in a while too. But in terms of staying connected and responsiveness, you just went from night to day. From a red light to a green light. Also, we will need to test the current setup for a few days, and make small adjustments where needed before we say "The End".

@mattavelle1 Hey, thanks! You know many of us have been together for years now, since the Wii CoD's, so of course we got take care of our brothers (and sisters?).

p.s.... there are some smaller refinements we can do later on to make things even better, but for now, let's see how things go... Juicy patch incoming!

It has been years since I'd seen the big ship map from MW. I miss that. Good, epic times with some of you guys on Wii. I want some of those MW maps for DLC more than anything that came afterwards. But even those maps would be ruined if they had irrational spawning.

Koenig

The Architect
It has been years since I'd seen the big ship map from MW. I miss that. Good, epic times with some of you guys on Wii. I want some of those MW maps for DLC more than anything that came afterwards. But even those maps would be ruined if they had irrational spawning.
Agreed on all accounts. I remember sniping at that map, and just pissing off the enemy team in general.

mantisLJD

The Human Metroid
Last weekend i played Reflex multiplayer on my own profile for the first time and decided to try going knife-only in Mercenary TDMs and FFAs. One of the matches i played was a MTDM on Wet Work. The other was a FFA on Vacant in which i earned a Helicopter, coming in 2nd place with at least 20 kills

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Agreed on all accounts. I remember sniping at that map, and just pissing off the enemy team in general.
Man, I absolutely adored Wet Work. At first, I thought it was a pretty dull map, but then I learned that there's so much you can do with it. You get three sniping areas, plus the shadows (which is why I ended up playing that map with night vision on most of the time). There's open sight lines, but also plenty of corners you have to watch as you're patrolling.

Any weapon can be used on it effectively. Loved using the G3 on that map.

:sigh: Even as good as Ghosts is, they don't build 'em like this now. I would choose a COD4 map pack over any other DLC. Infinity Ward was simply out of their minds when they designed this game.

Goodtwin

Are we done with this game? We went from playing every night to not playing in weeks. I have been having fun playing Mass Effect 3 lately, but I have been shocked to see how pretty much everybody stopped playing Ghost. Are some of you waiting for the patch? What is the consensus for future play?

Koenig

The Architect
Are we done with this game? We went from playing every night to not playing in weeks. I have been having fun playing Mass Effect 3 lately, but I have been shocked to see how pretty much everybody stopped playing Ghost. Are some of you waiting for the patch? What is the consensus for future play?
Ill be back and in full once I get over my Monster Hunter binge.

EvilTw1n

Oh, it'll come back. The same thing happened with Black Ops 2, where we'd go nuts playing it for awhile, and then it would die down for a few weeks.

We all got into NFS, and right now a bunch of us are on a complete Monster Hunter binge. I'd wager that once the patch hits, we'll get back to some Ghosts nights.

I know this feel. It seems like everyone is sucked into Monster Hunter except for you and I.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear

Like others have said, there's a Monster Hunter virus going around, but it appears you haven't caught the bug. I think the general consensus is once the patch comes out (whatever that is), we'll all start playing Ghosts again. I still enjoy killing off the noobs, and chatting with you lot. On the bright side though, some of us have gone to finishing up our backlog of games. Although, mine's rather slow right now as I'm still going through Most Wanted, and I still have to start and finish some more Wii U games.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Everybody's really into Monster Hunter right now. I want to play Ghosts even before the patch, but I think the patch is a safe bet for people to go back to it. That said, if the patch doesn't fix shit, that will probably be many's breaking point.
Dedicated servers or bust.

I played this past weekend for the Double XP, but other than that, yes, I'm waiting on the big patch. I will play a few matches this weekend, but far less than I will once the patch hits...

Shoulder

I played this past weekend for the Double XP, but other than that, yes, I'm waiting on the big patch. I will play a few matches this weekend, but far less than I will once the patch hits…
Any idea of when this patch is supposedly going to launch?

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I played this past weekend for the Double XP, but other than that, yes, I'm waiting on the big patch. I will play a few matches this weekend, but far less than I will once the patch hits…
Any idea of when this patch is supposedly going to launch?
When Capcom announces a localization of Monster Hunter 4, lololoo...lol. Wait a second...

Call of Duty: Monsters

We had Ghosts, so why not Monsters next? Extinction you say is basically Monsters already? But I want monsters that can be controlled and throw C4's around.

What is the point of this post?

Patch should be submitted in a few days.

Shoulder

Also working on a new patch. No ETA yet, but I'll update once we know.
— A_Trey_U (@A_Trey_U) January 30, 2014
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And yes... we are working on an update. Hoping to release that in a few weeks time.
— A_Trey_U (@A_Trey_U) February 19, 2014
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Ok buddy, whatever.

Reminds me of one of the security guys at my work who took months to finally give myself and my co-workers key access throughout the building. Actually, it's a work in progress, but I can at least get to some areas. Any day now...

Goodtwin

Its going to be the last patch, so they are probably trying to get everything cleaned up. I am looking forward to the crew getting back together. Anyone know how much the patches improved the game on other platforms?

Koenig

The Architect
Its going to be the last patch, so they are probably trying to get everything cleaned up. I am looking forward to the crew getting back together. Anyone know how much the patches improved the game on other platforms?
From what I understand, they buffed aim assist and nerfed sniper rifle damage. (Which seems a bit backwards to me)

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Personally I wish there weren't sniper rifles at all, so the more nerfed they are the better in my opinion. It makes absolutely no sense for a soldier to run around using a sniper as a long-range shotgun, at least until they put in a "dislocated shoulder" mechanic in place.
Marksman rifles should take that long-range function all on their own, and the damage they deal compared to other shorter-range weapons is already pretty solid.

Shoulder

Personally I wish there weren't sniper rifles at all, so the more nerfed they are the better in my opinion. It makes absolutely no sense for a soldier to run around using a sniper as a long-range shotgun, at least until they put in a "dislocated shoulder" mechanic in place.
Marksman rifles should take that long-range function all on their own, and the damage they deal compared to other shorter-range weapons is already pretty solid.

Sniper Rifles only work well (IMO) in large locales. If the map you're in is quite small, what is the point of using a Sniper rifle? It's like bringing a Bastard sword in a bar to fight someone with. You're much better off with a Daggar due to the close quarters.
For a game like COD, unless the maps are as big as Battlefield's, sniper rifles seem rather pointless. Sure, it is cool to pick people off from a distance, but even the full auto rifles can have a scope attachment, which is much more useful in more situations. Not to mention when you kill someone with a Sniper rifle, you're location has already been compromised and thus you need to keep on moving, which is no different than fighting with a regular rifle since you're constantly moving.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
^ Agreed! For sniper rifles to make sense, the locales would have to be massive, which would also mean that the shooter would need to have great aim to properly take advantage of the high damage they provide. Instead, in order to make them usable for short-range battles, they have made sniper rifles have ridiculously little recoil, and also made them too easy and quick to shoot (hence quickscoping).
Honestly, I think if all a patch did was to remove sniper rifles completely (but not marksman rifles), the game would feel become vastly more balanced and fair overnight.

EvilTw1n

Its going to be the last patch, so they are probably trying to get everything cleaned up.
TBH, at this point? The only fixes I hope they would make would be for stabilization of the framerate and connection quality. It probably will be the last patch, so if they cock up something like weapons balancing or a big time aim assist buff, they probably won't go back to fix it.