~~ Official Call of Duty: Ghosts Wii U Discussion ~~

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Quick hits:

-Framerate remains unchanged.
-Damage and lag compensation still wanting, but tbh, I wonder if that's always the way it's going to be with any COD, dedicated servers or not.
-Community is back to launch levels. 900 or so online.
-Spawn logic still sometimes defies logic. Still mostly friendly-proximity based. Still occasionally spawns you in front of someone who just killed one of your squadmates.

On to the big-ticket item...

Just tried Free Fall map. It's okay. VERY tight with lots of places to hide and blind side people. Every couple of minutes the floor falls down a bit, the screen shakes as it does so, aaaaaand nothing changes it. I looked up the map on CoD wikia, and it says with every fall it changes the terrain a bit or some sight lines change, but I didn't notice much. But of course, it could be because it was my first go with it and I don't know it very well yet. Time will tell.
I can't say I really noticed much terrain change, either. I played it four times. It's got some interestingly designed areas for being so small; you've got tight corners and also some long sight lines (plus a second floor...sort of). But it's honestly hard to see much. It's a very, very dense map. It's not well lit (don't let the map screen fool you into thinking you'll be bathed in some glorious neon lighting), and it's festooned with an entire map's-worth of stuff into a very small space. So incredibly dense art + not fantastic lighting = you basically end up running around and getting shot by people who blend into the scenery.

So...it's still COD. Ghosts is still a very good FPS. It's still fun. But yeah, I'm not thinking this is going to break us out of Monster Hunter.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
I haven't tried it yet, but fuck this patch. No fix on spawns and servers = bust. Those were the reasons this game was short from greatness, and it will continue to be so. I seriously haven't encountered any of the glitches they mention, except for the inconsequential "create-a-soldier screen resets after lobby migration", which it's like, who gives a single shit about that.
Spawn fixes = 50% improvementdedicated servers = 9000% improvement.no screen reset after lobby migration = marginal improvement
I wish Activision gave half the shits we give about their games.

I haven't tried it yet, but fuck this patch. No fix on spawns and servers = bust. Those were the reasons this game was short from greatness, and it will continue to be so. I seriously haven't encountered any of the glitches they mention, except for the inconsequential "create-a-soldier screen resets after lobby migration", which it's like, who gives a single shit about that.
Spawn fixes = 50% improvementdedicated servers = 9000% improvement.no screen reset after lobby migration = marginal improvement
Can we go back to BLOPS 2 now? ;;)

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Fuck BLOPS 2, never again

I hope you like the bacon. Note that there will be some hot fixes coming to further complete the changes (please don't ask for specifics). It's really been up to Infinity Ward to handle the changes to the spawning, and this is what they wanted on all systems for now. And yeah, there are still issues with people who want to rage quit. New noobs every day that can't stand mass murderers like Koenig. Now more will come after today. Use the mute function liberally. And play HC modes to avoid the rage quitters altogether.

And now you know what the prepping of Koenig's connection was for. So again, if there are any more of you with serious connection issues, post about it here, and I'll see what I can do for you.

ps. yes, the banner for this game on the eShop is messed up. Deal with it for now...

Koenig

The Architect
I did finally get some some good games (Rather they were fantastic games, I went 27/0 in under two minutes) however it was not to last. I got get disconnected two rounds later.

Fuck BLOPS 2, never again
Then no more bitching about Ghosts @everyone
In all honesty, since everyone is too busy Monster Hunting, and matt with his new kid, probably gonna trade in Ghosts for Assassin's Creed IV. I only play with you guys but with the new patch not patching anything important, looks like we won't be playing any time soon.

Goodtwin

I should be on around 8:30.

@CitizenOfVerona

Is it really worth trading in? How much are they going to give you? I have a feeling we will still play this game on some Friday/Saturday nights, but I dont think we have every coming back to it daily like we were in the beginning. I think I am going to dust off Zelda TP and get that started pretty soon. I need a good adventure.

I thought I remember reading in an EB Games promotion that ghosts is a most wanted game and could get high value trade in. Upon looking at their site I can't see it, an the game itself dropped in price to 39.99.
So yeah, I guess it isn't worth it in the long run.

...I just wanna play with you guise :">

mattavelle1

IT’S GOT A DEATH RAY!
I'm here but don't bet on me for nothing. Thought I had a wife open morning this morning.........got in 2 hunts and been busy ever since.

If I think I have an opening in my time I'll hop on, till then you never know what might pop up with a little one.......well 2 of them. My other son had been staying up later.

I did finally get some some good games (Rather they were fantastic games, I went 27/0 in under two minutes) however it was not to last. I got get disconnected two rounds later.
Impressive. I was getting rage quitted on all night long, so I feel you. Pray to the Reggie deity for dedicated servers... Also, we'll have a look at the tiny tweaks I mentioned previously to enhance your connection further. Though, I must remind that nothing can totally fix the buggy wireless of the Wii U connection to older routers.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
I would've joined, but in my current situation, I would've rather not hold up everyone everytime I had to go to the bathroom. Glad you all got some good games going though. TNE is back! m/

I would've joined, but in my current situation, I would've rather not hold up everyone everytime I had to go to the bathroom. Glad you all got some good games going though. TNE is back! m/
We're not back yet, we decided we're waiting til the next patch :p

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
We're not back yet, we decided we're waiting til the next patch :p

Welp, back to Monster Hunter I guess.

Koenig

The Architect
I went back on tonight (Monster Hunter solo can get pretty dull) and for once I had a fantastic time. I don't know why but the connection was stable in every round that I played tonight and my score reflected it (My best round being 40/0) IF my connection was always this stable I would be playing Ghosts non stop. (Though it certainly helps that no one was using IED or Quickscoping) See Infinity Ward!? When those wretched things are absent and all the planets of my ISP's cult align, skill will come out on top and there is no reason for me to complain!

GGs, gents. Managed to get a full boat rolling. Finally had a few good matches at the end when we got a better host.

I was spawning first, which means I was host. That makes sense since I probably had the fastest/most stable connection amongst us.
I went back on tonight (Monster Hunter solo can get pretty dull) and for once I had a fantastic time. I don't know why but the connection was stable in every round that I played tonight and my score reflected it (My best round being 40/0) IF my connection was always this stable I would be playing Ghosts non stop. (Though it certainly helps that no one was using IED or Quickscoping) See Infinity Ward!? When those wretched things are absent and all the planets of my ISP's cult align, skill will come out on top and there is no reason for me to complain!
That's what an OPEN NAT (and some things in the patch) will do for you. Enjoy! Invite me next time your on so we can crush even more!

Koenig

The Architect
The problem is those kind of rounds are the exception and not the rule. I played a few more rounds this morning and was consistently teleporting back and forth across the map like a glitch on heroine.

The problem is those kind of rounds are the exception and not the rule. I played a few more rounds this morning and was consistently teleporting back and forth across the map like a glitch on heroine.
Of course, as I mentioned previously, you still have others who don't have OPEN NAT's who are probably being host (the jumpineess happens to all of us including myself when I play in a match with a poor host too), and yourself and others who are still stuck using the Wii U's unreliable Wireless. And then there's MTU, which I'll help you with when I have time.

Koenig

The Architect
Of course, as I mentioned previously, you still have others who don't have OPEN NAT's who are probably being host (the jumpineess happens to all of us including myself when I play in a match with a poor host too), and yourself and others who are still stuck using the Wii U's unreliable Wireless. And then there's MTU, which I'll help you with when I have time.
What I don't understand though is the fact I never had these problems in the wii versions of the games, at least not anywhere near as prevalent.

What I don't understand though is the fact I never had these problems in the wii versions of the games, at least not anywhere near as prevalent.
[list type=decimal][*]The Wii games didn't pass anywhere close to this much data and were much less sensitive to STRICT/MODERATE NAT players causing complete disconnects to other players. In other words, they had these problems, just showed up less to the players. They were less strict about errors and such, no pun intended.
[*]Wii's wireless chip didn't have trouble with routers as the Wii U's wireless does. Wii U vs. router MTU issues.
Add to all that less possible players per match (10 vs 12) and you get a different ball game. [/list type=decimal]
So, although we've improved your connection a great deal, we can't say the same for the vast majority of casual Ghosts players/noobs. They all still have most if not all of the problems above on their end and we can't do anything about them. That's why I recommend HC if you can, since HC is less casual, less noob, much less of the connections being affected by the above problems.

Still, it seems very backwards that the wii should have a more stable connection that the Wii U.
Yes, absolutely. But it is what it is. I am disappointed in the Wii U's connection with routers and Nintendo's choice of poor default network settings for their second wireless console. Things like this is why I'll never forget the horrible disconnections I had to deal with at the midnight launch...

Shouldn't there be way to program around these aspects?
Some small things we can change to help fix Nintendo's "mistakes" (such as changing their odd MTU setting to a better number), or just upgrading our routers to a more Wii U friendly one (same chip company as the Wii U). As for "reprogramming" things such as the Wii U's wireless networking hardware/driver... they are unknown if they have the will to be fixed/rewritten by Nintendo and/or the chip company, other than the one time they already tried with little success. Maybe it would require Nintendo to update the wi-fi chip they use in the console. The best combination for the best connection remains an all of the above approach, including using a wired LAN adapter. All this would be useless without an OPEN NAT though.

If you're talking to me I got Blops 2, Ghosts, Ass 4, Splinter Cell, NFS Most Wanted for onlie play.
If you weren't talking to me, then, well..I'll still be here, just y'know, by myself

edit: for gaemzdood

^ Splinter Cell is pretty badass. As is Ass 4 so far. GOAT? Maybe not but I'm having fun with them old man.
Any other games though? Those games are GOAT.

PlsRespond420
Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros U, Super Mario 3D World, DKC: Tropical Freeze, Wonderful 101, Zombi U, Ninty Land, Rayman Legends. Runner 2, Nano Assault, Mutant Mudds Deluxe, Might Switch Force 1 & 2, Bumpie's Party, Mega Man X, Earthbound, Punch Out
edit: your games?

GaemzDood

Nah man. Just asking so you can sell something other than Ghosts...go with Nintendo Land.

By GOAT, I mean GOAT partially since they're core third party games on a Nintendo system.

PlsRespond420

Nah man. Just asking so you can sell something other than Ghosts...go with Nintendo Land.

By GOAT, I mean GOAT partially since they're core third party games on a Nintendo system.

PlsRespond420

Gotcha. I actually found Ass 4 for cheap(er) in store so I could have bought it at that price, or gone brand spanking new with a trade in value that would equal the cheaper price anyways. At the end of the day, it was pointless for me to trade something in for 10 15 bucks max.
edit; and the only reason I was thinking of trading in Ghosts was because the patch didn't do anything big, and most people are still playing Monster Hunter. I only bought Ghosts for the multiplayer with these gents, so if it wasn't gonna be used I thought of getting rid of it. But we played some night the week and I had fun talking to GT, ET, Juego and the rest. Even if it's once a month with these people, it's still worth having.

:x

Goodtwin

Were you guys thinking about playing tonight? I will be watching Supercross till 10:30 est time, but if you guys were going to play I could jump on after that.

I'm free for the rest of the night so I can jump on. If not then I'll be sailing the seven seas
edit: I just realized 1030 EST is midnight for me. That's too late for me to start, since I got work tomorrow. Looks like I'll just play Ass 4

Koenig

The Architect
Well I am playing a few rounds tonight, better and mostly for worse. I truly want to speak to specific developers responsible for the sorry state the game is in and hear what they have to say; Then smash them over the head with a bat if they have a bull shit excuse.
Oi... If I were a member of the team and responsible for a mess like this I honestly think I would/should have been fired.

Koenig

The Architect
One of my family members reset our modem/router and I have been unable to connect with the former setup since then. I finally had to make a new connection in order to play online. Welcome back Strict Nat type; you were not missed.

One of my family members reset our modem/router and I have been unable to connect with the former setup since then. I finally had to make a new connection in order to play online. Welcome back Strict Nat type; you were not missed.
LOL. Why did they feel the need to reset? No big problem. We have the settings worked out, and need only re-enter them into the router. We can even add the MTU fix. You say you made a new wireless connection, which means the old connection is still there untouched, right?

Koenig

The Architect
LOL. Why did they feel the need to reset? No big problem. We have the settings worked out, and need only re-enter them into the router. We can even add the MTU fix. You say you made a new wireless connection, which means the old connection is still there untouched, right?
Yes.