~~ Official Call of Duty: Ghosts Wii U Discussion ~~

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
We'll definitely play more often now.

Also I got a cable that I hope alleviates the problems with this. I don't even care at this point anymore if the sound quality is bad with lots of echo and whatnot, this is about as much wizardry as I can do to fix Treyarch's and Infinity Ward's oversights.

Man, this game has been a freak show since release. At release, it was amazing, and it just had a few problems it needed fixed. We knew we were getting dedicated servers, and we knew that the spawn problems would somewhat be fixed. But patch after patch, a bunch of useless shit got fixed instead, and then we got that turd of a map, Freefall, dumped on us with no result but making the game just a bit worse.

I don't mind post-launch patches when they're meant to get the game in running order, or fix balance issues with weapons and maps, but these guys somehow managed to only make it worse than it was at launch.

Anyway, it's still the best Call of Duty since at least the first Black Ops (personally I put it even above that, but that may just be because I get to play with you guys), so if we can get this setup working right with Twitch, I'll gladly put dozens of hours more into it with you guys.

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
I don't mind post-launch patches when they're meant to get the game in running order, or fix balance issues with weapons and maps, but these guys somehow managed to only make it worse than it was at launch.
Sounds like we need to write a long-term multiplayer update. The spawn system and framerate may actually be worse now (which is a genuine shame, because this game is pretty damn good overall).

It was interesting to watch you play, btw. You're far more careful and thoughtful when you play than I am.

Goodtwin

Sounds like we need to write a long-term multiplayer update. The spawn system and framerate may actually be worse now (which is a genuine shame, because this game is pretty damn good overall).

It was interesting to watch you play, btw. You're far more careful and thoughtful when you play than I am.

I think the framerate is good in all but a couple of maps, Stone Haven is sketchy, and the only thing that happened after the framerate patch was an increase in the size of the dips. It was running more consistently in the mid 40s prior to the patch, after that, it seemed like it would move back closer to 60 here and there, but it made the dips more noticeable. I will say this, the framerate in Ghost for Wii U is at least as stable as it is in Titanfall on Xbox One, and nobody is calling that game unplayable. So while Ghost may have the worst framerate of all the versions, its still just as good as Xbox Ones best game right now, so in the gaming world, its still pretty darn good. Do I wish they had an option to cap the framerate below 60 in the Wii U version? Yes, and I dont even think it needs to go all the way down to 30fps. If there was an option to choose 45 fps, that would remove 90% of the dips, and a solid 45fps feels nearly as good as 60fps. Its not that Ghost on Wii U has a low framerate, its that the dips cause a lot of judder. Honestly, even though COD's framerate performance on Wii U hasnt been as solid as other platforms, its still as good if not better than the majority of other shooters on the market. Killzone Shadow fall on PS4 isnt any better, but nobody was calling it uplayable. Im a framerate whore, but lets keep framerate criticism consistent across the genre, both BO2 and Ghost have respectable framerates on Wii U, its just not rock solid like it eventually became on the 360 and PS3.

We didnt stop playing Ghost because it was crap, but because there were other good games to play, and we have played COD a lot for years now.

EvilTw1n

@Goodtwin - Oh, trust me, I'm aware of the DF-test bias that Ghosts saw with its framerate (while 360 TitanFall, and next-gen KZ get a freakin' pass). I'd only be pointing out that, as you said, the dips became more noticeable. It sounds odd to say it, but the fix of getting more 60 fps performance out of the game had the effect of making Ghosts feel less stable. I wouldn't be saying that we would take back our original score on the game, just that I preferred the game's overall feel and performance around launch more than I do now (which is a first).

It's still up there with COD4 and the original Black Ops amongst modern COD.

Also, for anyone that missed it, here's Sledgehammer's first whack at their own COD:

...which basically looks like it's taking off from where Black Ops 2 ended.

Last edited:
@Goodtwin - Oh, trust me, I'm aware of the DF-test bias that Ghosts saw with its framerate (while 360 TitanFall, and next-gen KZ get a freakin' pass). I'd only be pointing out that, as you said, the dips became more noticeable. It sounds odd to say it, but the fix of getting more 60 fps performance out of the game had the effect of making Ghosts feel less stable. I wouldn't be saying that we would take back our original score on the game, just that I preferred the game's overall feel and performance around launch more than I do now (which is a first).

It's still up there with COD4 and the original Black Ops amongst modern COD.

Also, for anyone that missed it, here's Sledgehammer's first whack at their own COD:

...which basically looks like it's taking off from where Black Ops 2 ended.
Sledgehammer did MW3

EvilTw1n

Sledgehammer did MW3
With Infinity Ward and Raven, yes.

Advanced Warfare is their first solo outing.
They really hit their stride with making Michael Bay-like trailers
No laser guns no buys.
Sharks with laser beams could be a kill streak.

So it's Xbone for sure, whats the likely-hood it'll be released for Wii U. Not that I'll buy it, just want to know.
They always have Treyarch do the Nintendo port, so I think it's feasible. I don't know if it's likely, since the series just isn't selling like it did on Wii.

Goodtwin

With Infinity Ward and Raven, yes.

Advanced Warfare is their first solo outing.

Sharks with laser beams could be a kill streak.

They always have Treyarch do the Nintendo port, so I think it's feasible. I don't know if it's likely, since the series just isn't selling like it did on Wii.

I would give it a 10% chance of hitting the Wii U at this point. It wasnt a certainty on Wii when the ports were selling over a million copies, whats the odds they will bother for >150k? If Wii U sells much better post MK8 then I could see next years Treyarch COD being ported to Wii U, but this year I have a feeling its skipping the console.

Ghosts gives me a headache. I literally took the game out of my collection and hid it in my drawer. Just seeing the cover makes me uncomfortable....

:D Lol sorry for rant.

Koenig

The Architect
What time do you guys have in mind? I would love to do a few rounds tonight. (I just need a few minutes to myself first, I just spent the last four hours on Monster Hunter helping a friend)

I was thinking around 9 EST time.

But what the hell do I know, I ain't got shit line up tonight, so anytime is good.

All I know is that the grass looks damn long and needs cutting (totally original joke - ignore matt)