~~ Official Call of Duty: Ghosts Wii U Discussion ~~

So did you guys play last night?

My laptop sometimes doesn't go into standby and Matt told me as if I was there on skype, but I was out last night so I couldn't play.

Long story short - I suck

EvilTw1n

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy.
Nah, since no one else showed up, we just hung out for a few minutes. COD just isn't right without a bit of a bigger group.

Also noticed there were only about 750 people playing. If Activision has given up on COD on Wii U, that'll be why. They've been sticking with it for years, but back on the Wii they were pulling in a million copies per release. It's been a precipitous downward trend from MW3-onward with Nintendo consoles and COD. As much as I curse the game, it's been an absolute constant for me for years now. I'll be kinda sad if it goes.

I am a bit sick of buying a new cod every single year, but I know what you mean.

If we do get another shooter that isn't CoD though I'll be fine, but so far nothing.

Anyways, I'm going to see Tom Cruise's new film starring Tom Cruise running and Tom Cruise getting beat up, but I should be back by 9 EST if you guys wanna pop on for a few

Koenig

The Architect
It is a catch 22 as well. Activision may not release a new CoD on the Wii U because of poor sales, however the poor sales are likely a result of players that are tired of the poor effort Activision has put into maintaining each game on Nintendo's systems.

Think about it, the only DLC we have ever gotten is Free Fall. Need I say more?

Goodtwin

It is a catch 22 as well. Activision may not release a new CoD on the Wii U because of poor sales, however the poor sales are likely a result of players that are tired of the poor effort Activision has put into maintaining each game on Nintendo's systems.

Think about it, the only DLC we have ever gotten is Free Fall. Need I say more?
I dont blame Treyarch though, their efforts havent been half assed in my opinion. Activision fucked up with BO2 by not comitting to it with DLC. They always want to take the wait and see approach, and for many people, they wont buy a game hoping enough other people buy it so they can get the dlc. The COD community on Wii was actually pretty darn large. Black Ops use to have over 17k people playing when I bought the game 6 months after release. There was no longer a hardware reasob for gimping COD on a Nintendo console, but they did and the Wii U community has acted accordingly.

Doesnt look like we got much demand for playing Ghost tonight, so we will have to do it another time i suppose.

EvilTw1n

^
Well I can play tomorrow, too. For tonight, let's roll at 8. It'll be me, you, shoulder and K (leaves two slots open for anyone who hasn't given an answer yet).

[BTW, have you ever considered MH, COV?]

Last edited:

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Turns out, I may not actually be able to play tonight as I'm going out to dinner with my roommates and possibly going out with other friends afterwards. Sorry for getting your hopes up, Mike. I certainly don't want to feel the wrath of the Eviltwin. :mshock:

On second thought, my roommates are a lame bunch. They'll probably be falling sleep around 7 est or so, so maybe i will be on, just half cut.

If I'm not on around that time then it looks like I'll be a no show.

EvilTw1n

Alas. No COV, no shoulder, no Matty. Guess we're gonna have to rain check, boys (we'll make it up to you, K). That's alright. Like Matt, my ass is beat from this week, so I wouldn't have been able to marathon, anyways.

Shoulder

Your Resident Beardy Bear
Alas. No COV, no shoulder, no Matty. Guess we're gonna have to rain check, boys (we'll make it up to you, K). That's alright. Like Matt, my ass is beat from this week, so I wouldn't have been able to marathon, anyways.
Quit using those Amiibos as buttplugs, and your ass wouldn't be so beat from it.

EvilTw1n

^
Will do. Bigger groups are always better in COD.

GGs last night with COV and Koenig. Thankfully got through a night without playing Freefall.

Juegos

All mods go to heaven.
Yeah I'm more looking forward to playing Ghosts. BO2, even when it works, is still frustrating. It's mindless fun, but that gets tedious for me. Ghosts is something I can enjoy in longer sessions, by comparison.